PDA

View Full Version : Hall looked very good

Diamondeagle
18-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Trying to get a glimmer of hope from a dismall performance and the only one I can think of is that Fitz Hall looked class Today, in fact I would say he looked our only premiiership class player which is a coincidence given he was probably the only player in our team who has played in premier before ( Hughes ?)

stushirts
18-09-2004, 05:28 PM
is he being sold then ??

AJ8
18-09-2004, 05:29 PM
i'd say todays performance was far from abysmal... hall & hudson impressed, speroni had a solid game, half our team didn't turn up thats all... aj never had the oppurtunity to play his game, torghelle didn't show up, wayne showed glimmers of what he's capable of and hughes ran the show in midfield... game changed when watson came on, we actually started to string some telling passes together...

1dougiefreedman
18-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Diamondeagle
Trying to get a glimmer of hope from a dismall performance and the only one I can think of is that Fitz Hall looked class Today, in fact I would say he looked our only premiiership class player which is a coincidence given he was probably the only player in our team who has played in premier before ( Hughes ?)

Most of our players have played in the premiership 5 times;) .

Granville, freedman, shipperly and hughes have all played in the prem in previous seasons, unfortunately i couldnt get to the game due to working :sob: but it doesnt suprise me that he was our best player.

Diamondeagle
18-09-2004, 05:41 PM
hughes ran the show in midfield !!!!!

Are you serious their midfiled was passing the ball around ours very easily.

AJ
18-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Diamondeagle
hughes ran the show in midfield !!!!!

Are you serious their midfiled was passing the ball around ours very easily.

Beat me to it. Hughes was non existent for the first 50 minutes, with the exception of the booking.
Team did pass better with Watson.

As to this thread. Hall looked great in my opinion. Although(as I have stated before), he is not a left sided player and I think the team would be better if Hall replaced Hudson and either Pop or Solando(sp?) played alongside him. We need a strong back line as again the first goal today was due to no one marking(or even being close) to Anelka.

Clapham Grand
18-09-2004, 06:46 PM
why is this in this forum?