PDA

View Full Version : Georgie Kinkladze

Eagle123
19-09-2004, 04:21 PM
I know, I know he is very temperamental and can be equally lazy but I read today hes looking for an Engb. Says he is'nt fussy and would look at offers from the championship so would probably jump at the chance to play in the premiership again especailly at a club in London. If we could protect ourselves from him taking the money and giving little back IE: with a pay as you play 1yr deal and maybe have it written into the agreement that ANY discplinary breeches could result in termination of the deal this could be a master stroke. According to the article I read he is still only 30 (which I have to say surprises me) and we need more than anything else someone who can make things happen. On his day when committed and focussed there are few that can better his ability with a football. Any thoughts?

Shipp Ahoy!
19-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Um from what I know...no!

Not just going on football abilities here either.

Sussex Eagle
19-09-2004, 04:30 PM
I made a list on another thread of potentially decent out-of-contract players available on a free, and he was on it - a risk, but a 3 or 4 month contract would at least give us another body in the midfield, who could possibly turn out good. Of course, it may be that there are all sorts of reasons (personality, wage demands etc.) why this isn't a good idea. I should think ID is being thorough, and has considered most players available on a freebie.

Time
19-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Get him on trial first, see about his fitness and attitude.

Kirby
19-09-2004, 04:37 PM
NO!

Eagle123
19-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
I made a list on another thread of potentially decent out-of-contract players available on a free, and he was on it - a risk, but a 3 or 4 month contract would at least give us another body in the midfield, who could possibly turn out good. Of course, it may be that there are all sorts of reasons (personality, wage demands etc.) why this isn't a good idea. I should think ID is being thorough, and has considered most players available on a freebie. Your probably right about Dowie having probably already considered him but I just feel Dowie is the type that can get the old blood pumping and the spirit flowing in even the most mercenery player and if we had the contract as tight as a camels a*se in a sandstorm we would'nt have an awful lot to lose. I remember some of those scorchers he scored in the past for city and derby and some of his playmaking was superb. You pay your money you take your chance. We've paid out little money so far and have taken no chances! After 5 defeats on the spin we need some artistry in midfield. Why not at least look into it I say.

Sussex Eagle
19-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Eagle123
Your probably right about Dowie having probably already considered him but I just feel Dowie is the type that can get the old blood pumping and the spirit flowing in even the most mercenery player and if we had the contract as tight as a camels a*se in a sandstorm we would'nt have an awful lot to lose. I remember some of those scorchers he scored in the past for city and derby and some of his playmaking was superb. You pay your money you take your chance. We've paid out little money so far and have taken no chances! After 5 defeats on the spin we need some artistry in midfield. Why not at least look into it I say.

I know what you mean, and I am a bit surprised we haven't bought in a few short-term free transfers yet. But I try to remain :)

Sires
19-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Very well said mate

stinky
19-09-2004, 05:07 PM
I didn't even bother to read the actual post. All I had to do was see the name of the thread.

NO!

Jasper
19-09-2004, 05:10 PM
was he a flop at derby?

limited_edition
19-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Jasper
was he a flop at derby? Dunno, but he scored the winner for them 2 years ago at Selhurst. :(

Braders
19-09-2004, 06:03 PM
No ta:eek:

we_8_brighton
19-09-2004, 07:58 PM
He's the type of midfielder we need but i would still say no

cpfc_spc1982
19-09-2004, 08:28 PM
he had trials at quite a few clubs last year and didnt impress anywhere.

Eagle Andy
19-09-2004, 09:46 PM
I think it says it all when it says he is looking for a chance in the fizzy pop league - he knows his limits and knows he hasn't been good enough for the premiership for a few years.... Petit would be a different matter - he is the player we desperately need....

Psychokiller
20-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Why exactly?

nottsunieagle
20-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
I know what you mean, and I am a bit surprised we haven't bought in a few short-term free transfers yet. But I try to remain :)

i think a reason dowie hasn't gone all out to bring in short term deals is that it could potentially break up the togetherness and team spirit of the players, by bringing in some to play for just a few months. i'm not saying i'm against these deals at all, its just that it could be why dowie hasnt gone for them.

Eagle Andy
20-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Petit is a quality player and he shown that he can perform at the highest level in the premiership. It's not ideal but we have to look at the players out of contract until January. We need something for the middle of the pitch and he is the type of player who can control things from midfield....

Eagle123
20-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Well I'll take that as a no then! I personally think we should look at anyone available on a free as like it or not boys and girls hard work, commitment, team spirit etc (admirable qualities that they are) just are'nt enough in the prem. I'm certainly not looking at Kinky boy as the answer to all my prayers (far from it) but if we dont want to end up not only going down but also becoming the team everyone knows they'll beat we need a creater in the centre. Someone who can pick out a pass and help KEEP THE BALL. I dont rate GK as the best thing since sliced bread by any means but beggars cant be choosers. on his day he is a better creative midfilder than anything we currently have. Oh and for the record Manu Petit would rival anyone in the spoiled brat, prima donna department.

Sussex Eagle
20-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Good post! Can't argue too much with that...