PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Berthelin: Racing Club de Lens to AS Valence.

dorkinglad
23-09-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm sure that some of you would like to know what has happened to Cedric

Intinially he was training with Racing Club de Lens but he is now with Armenians Sportive Valence.

www.ifrance.com/rclensclub/transferts.html

Under the bit that says 'concernant les retours de Prets' (With regard to loan players)

I 'm not sure what division AS Valance are currently playing but its at least one below RC Lens.

palacenut
23-09-2004, 11:28 PM
On that web-page you posted, is that the ''Ismael'' that was at Palace one time?

Sussex Eagle
23-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Incorrect info I'm afraid - those were his first two clubs in france at the start of his career. Can a mod close this?

TheCharmer
24-09-2004, 01:51 AM
Ismael is now at Werder Bremen who won the German title last year, and is now being touted as one of the better centre half s around

dorkinglad
24-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Sussex Eagle - Are you sure?

The date on the website is 24th September 2004. My French is quite good and it definately states Cedric is on loan. I'll try and find time to 'phone Lens today to ask.

Lens have three keepers anyway - all listed on the site so there was obviously no room for Cedric so he has gone back to his first club. Does that seem that unlikely? More likely I'd say than Manu Petit signing for us

I can't see the moderator wasting his time closing down an arcane thread that might be true. I mean we'd have nothing to read in this section at all.

Ruskin Old Boy
24-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by dorkinglad

The date on the website is 24th September 2004.

It's the only thing on the site which is up to date. Everything else is a few years old.

honeysuckle
24-09-2004, 01:11 PM
dorkinglad - You seemed to have upset one or two people who seem to actually care what happened to Cedric. The website is odd and out of date and typically French

Perhaps there should be a prize for the first person to find him.

Ruskin Old Boy
24-09-2004, 01:47 PM
L'équipe 's website doesn't reveal where Cedric* is playing though another Cedric, Carrasso, gets a mention, as he's playing for Guincamp in the French second division. And it records that he's already been red carded this season ....

* not quite true as they have him listed with Crystal palace

Sussex Eagle
26-09-2004, 09:07 AM
I've looked about a fair bit and struggled with some French as I'm a bit of a Cedders fan, but there aren't any up-to-date sites that list him anywhere except Palace. He's supposedly in Ligue 2, but I think it must have been/is just a trial as he doesn't seem to have signed a conract anywhere.

Sussex Eagle
26-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by dorkinglad
Sussex Eagle - Are you sure?

The date on the website is 24th September 2004. My French is quite good and it definately states Cedric is on loan. I'll try and find time to 'phone Lens today to ask.

Lens have three keepers anyway - all listed on the site so there was obviously no room for Cedric so he has gone back to his first club. Does that seem that unlikely? More likely I'd say than Manu Petit signing for us

I can't see the moderator wasting his time closing down an arcane thread that might be true. I mean we'd have nothing to read in this section at all.

Just to be clear - it's definately not true. Cedric started at Lens, went on loan to Valence, then Luton, then off to the greatest football team in the world, and now? Perhaps he's still training at Palace while he looks for a new club? Anyone on the board know him at all?