PDA

View Full Version : Routledge Contract

Dave
25-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Please get off of Wayne Routledge's back.
Dowie is desperately trying to persuade
this talented player to sign an extension
of his contract and you appear to be
determined to drive him into the arms of
another club.

Sorry, have I gone utterly mental? When was Wayne offered a new deal?

Martin H
25-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Dave

don't think there has been anything specific but Dowie mentioned they were looking for some feedback from him on a deal in a recent article I think - something like that

kolinkins
25-09-2004, 06:42 PM

Dowie said when AJ signed his new deal that he was waiting to hear back from Wayne.

Dave
25-09-2004, 06:45 PM
This is all news to me and I'm sure Wayne.

kolinkins
25-09-2004, 06:51 PM
This is all news to me and I'm sure Wayne.

Have a look at this:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=226764&CPID=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Johnson+signs,+Wayne+to+follow

Dave
25-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Have a look at this:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=226764&CPID=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Johnson+signs,+Wayne+to+follow Well thanks for that but it doesn't say he has been offered a new deal.

kolinkins
25-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Well thanks for that but it doesn't say he has been offered a new deal.

So what does "we hope to have positive feedback" mean then?

Dave
25-09-2004, 06:57 PM
So what does "we hope to have positive feedback" mean then? Jesus wept, what do you think it means? Do you think it means there is a deal on the table, I don't.

kolinkins
25-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Jesus wept, what do you think it means? Do you think it means there is a deal on the table, I don't.

To me it does. To me it suggests they have had preliminery talks.

What does it mean to you?

Dave
25-09-2004, 07:02 PM
To me it does. To me it suggests they have had preliminery talks.

What does it mean to you? It means they have had talks, nothing more, nothing less.

AFAIK there has been no offer.

kolinkins
25-09-2004, 07:04 PM
It means they have had talks, nothing more, nothing less.

AFAIK there has been no offer.

AFAIK there has

eagles #1
25-09-2004, 07:05 PM
just to understand whats goin on, what does AFAIK mean?

PalaceFan in Alabama
25-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
just to understand whats goin on, what does AFAIK mean?

It is an Irish\Muslim thing :p :D

Dave
OK whatever.

Freddy Kurz

According to James Gill in this week's Adder
while pointing out that Routledge's terms
"expire" this summer, goes on to say that
"Palace remain hopeful that the offer of a
new deal will be enough to get Routledge
to stay put, although the club must be
wary that they face a repeat of the Julian
Gray scenario."
Dowie has also been recently quoted as
saying he is anxious for Routledge to sign
an extension to his contract.
In the light of these observations are you
not being a tad pedantic ("utterly mental"
sounds a bit strong!)

eagles #1
25-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
It is an Irish\Muslim thing :p :D well im abit irish:D :p

eaglesboy2
25-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Where would he go and who the hell does he think he is? He needs Palace more than we need him. I personally think that this is his problem. He thinks he has made it already. He seems so arogant at the moment. Go back to basics Wayne. You have to make it at Palace first.

He is a talent. I want him at Palace but he has to prove himself at Palace.

kolinkins
25-09-2004, 07:09 PM
According to James Gill in this week's Adder
while pointing out that Routledge's terms
"expire" this summer, goes on to say that
"Palace remain hopeful that the offer of a
new deal will be enough to get Routledge
to stay put, although the club must be
wary that they face a repeat of the Julian
Gray scenario."
Dowie has also been recently quoted as
saying he is anxious for Routledge to sign
an extension to his contract.
In the light of these observations are you
not being a tad pedantic ("utterly mental"
sounds a bit strong!)

To quote Dave on the Routledge Contract thread - "Ok whatever".

eagles #1
25-09-2004, 07:11 PM
so what does it mean? im still confused

Dave
25-09-2004, 07:12 PM
As Far As I Know

eagles #1
25-09-2004, 07:14 PM
As Far As I Know ooohhhhh well that explains it!

greybot
25-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Palace secure Johnson, Routledge next
tribalfootball.com - September 21, 2004

Crystal Palace have secured star striker Andy Johnson to a new contract.
Johnson has inked a five-year deal and boss Iain Dowie says the next target is to get winger Wayne Routledge to pen his new contract.

"If we can get them to sign, they are key elements," said Dowie to Sky Sports.

"Andy's is done. I hope to get some positive feedback from Wayne.

"Andy Johnson is proving a handful in this division. They are the building blocks for the side."

Dave
25-09-2004, 07:17 PM
I'm leaving this thread now before my head hurts anymore, have fun with Wayne and his feedback on whatver it was he was asked

AJ
25-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Players come and players go....in the way of football...just be happy we didn't lose today :p

ANDYEAGLE
25-09-2004, 08:21 PM
The truth of the Roultledge contract is that we should not even be talking about it he should have been given one six months or more ago.He is one of the most promising youngster we have had at Palace in recent years and it is surely an error by the club the situation has now arisen. We should be at the stage where his agent is on to Palace as they do to get a new improved one not having a gun put against our heads.

davematt
25-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Someone told me today at Villa that he is off in January. I am not 100% certain as the person who told me also told me some crap today, but if he goes, we will be getting a very good price, according to this person.

Ben H
25-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Dave sounds like he is once more privilege to inside information (as it sounded it like it was on the Dowie saga).

It's a shame the rest of us aren't.

So, instead of the 'going utterly mental', howabout Dave tells us what he knows?

Ben H
25-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by davematt
Someone told me today at Villa that he is off in January. I am not 100% certain as the person who told me also told me some crap today, but if he goes, we will be getting a very good price, according to this person.

It sounds like crap because there's no way a 19 year old on a 6 month contract would command a very good price.:hmph:

eagles #1
25-09-2004, 08:29 PM
oh BTW has Dowie signed his contract?

Ben H
25-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Why is this in transfer hotline?

Dave
25-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Ben H
Dave sounds like he is once more privilege to inside information (as it sounded it like it was on the Dowie saga).

It's a shame the rest of us aren't.

So, instead of the 'going utterly mental', howabout Dave tells us what he knows?

Oi Oi - I know nothing.

Sussex Eagle
25-09-2004, 08:50 PM
desperately trying to persuade
this talented player to sign an extension
of his contract

But Dave, Freddy didn't say there was a formal conract offer, just that Dowie is trying hard to get him to sign one soon, which I believe is definately the case.

Cheer up matey, is it frustration from not being at the game today or something?

PalacePorky 4
25-09-2004, 08:54 PM
What I 'know' is that the so called 'people in the know',
'know' sweet fa.
Obviously so far
up their own arses, that they play off each other to try and up their self esteem within the bbs.
When confronted by the 'meek of the bbs', they respond with crap like "Oooh no, I could'nt put my sources at risk"
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN.
Let's face it, if you 'know' something you would spill the beans.

Did you know Petit will sign within the next seven days and so will Dowie?

Sussex Eagle
25-09-2004, 09:58 PM
You'll be a legend if you turn out to be right! (though I presume the joke is that you're just guessing like a lot of other people?)

PalaceFan in Alabama
26-09-2004, 04:44 AM
Oi Oi - I know nothing.

My goodness me, can I repeat this

palace da best!
26-09-2004, 07:17 AM
wayne is only on 1,200 a week

Grim Reaper
26-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by palace da best!
wayne is only on 1,200 a week

I love it when people say ONLY. Christ he's only 19 or so. How much does he need at that age!!!???

palace da best!
26-09-2004, 07:27 AM
he is one of our best players he deserves more than that espisally if we want to keep wayne

alexthefatdawg
26-09-2004, 07:40 AM
Oi Oi - I know nothing.

I never doubted it

Sussex Eagle
26-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by PalacePorky 4
Did you know Petit will sign within the next seven days and so will Dowie?

Well I suppose you're half right already?

LeeH
26-09-2004, 09:16 AM
to be honest, on yesterdays performance, he only just about earned his 1200

Ben H
26-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Could this be moved to Gen Palace Discussion please - it doesn't really have any relevance to transfers does it.

c_block_lad
26-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Prehaps this is the first, and only time I have some "Inside info" on this situation.

I am 99% certain from what I have heard, that Wayne will NOT sign a new deal.

Especially as some of Wayne's friends in football now play for bigger clubs, at a higher level, somewhere Wayne believes he has the ability to play at.

I hope Im wrong, I really do. But like I said above, I am pretty certain Wayne will not be at this club much longer.

EagleinOz
26-09-2004, 03:56 PM
It says in the Adder as well that it's pretty likely he won't be a palace player come summer. We could still get a fee for him even though small if he left in Jan, but it'd probly be more than the compensation we'd get if he left after the contract expires.

Correct me if I'm wrong

eagles #1
26-09-2004, 05:33 PM
i think he'll be off to Brum with his bumchum JG

sjmac
26-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Where would he go and who the hell does he think he is? He needs Palace more than we need him. I personally think that this is his problem. He thinks he has made it already. He seems so arogant at the moment. Go back to basics Wayne. You have to make it at Palace first.

Spurs are interested and Chelsea are suppossed to have been watching him for a while.

Arrogance is part of his game. IMHO We need to keep him he is a valuable asset.

Young Trolley
26-09-2004, 07:37 PM
If he goes I believe some serious questions and finger pointing at Jordan need to be done. Yet another situation that's been handled appallingly. Mind you I think the writing was on the wall as soon as Routledge signed up with Stretford, I mean what do you think he wants him to do? Sign an extension at Palace or engineer a move to Spurs, Brum or wherever? Even so why oh why we wouldn't have tied him down to a new 5 year deal long before now is exasperating (sp?)

c_block_lad
26-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Young Trolley
If he goes I believe some serious questions and finger pointing at Jordan need to be done. Yet another situation that's been handled appallingly. Mind you I think the writing was on the wall as soon as Routledge signed up with Stretford, I mean what do you think he wants him to do? Sign an extension at Palace or engineer a move to Spurs, Brum or wherever? Even so why oh why we wouldn't have tied him down to a new 5 year deal long before now is exasperating (sp?)

Because regardless if a contract was/is put in front of him he will not sign it.

Freddy Kurz
26-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
Because regardless if a contract was/is put in front of him he will not sign it.

How do you know this? Where is your evidence?
Why, after Palace gain a morale-boosting draw
at Villa which could help to turn round our season
do you want to sow a damaging rumour about the
future of one of our best young players?
Now that Dowie has signed his contract and
Johnson is about to follow suit, the last thing our
Club needs is another period of speculation and
uncertainty. Surely this must be obvious to
every Palace supporter? It IS possible for our
club to avoid relegation, but that means holding
on to and encouraging to stay, all our most talent-
ed footballers, and if possible recruiting other top-
class professionals.

glaziers fan
26-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Prehaps this is the first, and only time I have some "Inside info" on this situation.

I am 99% certain from what I have heard, that Wayne will NOT sign a new deal.

Especially as some of Wayne's friends in football now play for bigger clubs, at a higher level, somewhere Wayne believes he has the ability to play at.

I hope Im wrong, I really do. But like I said above, I am pretty certain Wayne will not be at this club much longer.

He's gone. And Palace can only blame themselves for not offering him a much improved contract before the season started. He should be one of our highest paid players. We have failed to learn our lesson from the Julian Gray saga.

glaziers fan
26-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
The truth of the Roultledge contract is that we should not even be talking about it he should have been given one six months or more ago.He is one of the most promising youngster we have had at Palace in recent years and it is surely an error by the club the situation has now arisen. We should be at the stage where his agent is on to Palace as they do to get a new improved one not having a gun put against our heads.

Agree. It's ridiculous how we let talent like this slip through our hands.

glaziers fan
26-09-2004, 11:56 PM

Correct IS.

INcorrect WAS.

If we had offered him a decent cotract 18 months ago he would have signed it I reckon.

Farawayeagle
27-09-2004, 04:00 AM
1200 pounds a week?? Can we get a refund for the so so games he's played this season? ;) ;) ;)

Freddy Kurz
27-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
He's gone. And Palace can only blame themselves for not offering him a much improved contract before the season started. He should be one of our highest paid players. We have failed to learn our lesson from the Julian Gray saga.

And your cast-iron, indisputable, evidence for this
pessimistic prognosis?
Palace were "gone" last Christmas when virtually
every pundit in the game was writing us off as
certainties for relegation, let alone promotion via
the play-offs.
Dowie was "gone" only a fortnight ago, according
to vast numbers of BBS posters and the bookies.
AJ was also on the point of "going" according to
another layer of BBS jeremiads and sooth-sayers.
There is still time for Dowie and the players to
turn round the super-tanker "Crystal Palace"
before the next transfer-window, provided every
-one on board has belief and stays united and
positive. The kind of defeatist speculation
your type of doomsday scenario engenders can
and does spread like a plague inside a football
club and can end up a self-fulfilling night-mare.
All Palace fans must make clear to Jordan, Dowie
and to Routledge that we are completely against
the Club selling off our most prized and talented
player assets.

GreatGonzo
27-09-2004, 08:56 AM
I had conversations with a few people who in the past have always been proved right.

It PROOVES that the Sky article where it says they expect feedback from Wayne is rubbish cos it says AJ had signed- HE HASN'T - poor journalism.

The offer is there, it is acceptable to AJ but he wants clarification on the Dowe situation first. The same person who told me that mentioned that there was talk of Dowie and Southampton, which i think is unlikely as Lowe wants an experienced person in charge but Dowie may well wait till that job is gone unless Jordan changes his terms.

They also told me that the club would change hands shortly and that SJ would be so petty as to sell to his brother to sell on to Noades as he claimed he would never sell him the club - again just a rumour i heard but the person has mostly been right.

From a different person, who should know but i have no idea as to the credibility of what they said - Wayne will be off to spurs for 4m in January.

We would not get the same situation as Gray as we can hold onto Routledge for another 5 years rather than see him leave for free as he is not 24. If another club wants him they will have to take it to tribunal whereby we would get a reasonably large fee.

Jimbo ?
27-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Agree. It's ridiculous how we let talent like this slip through our hands.

the same way we left all our others stars go with ot signing up, gray, mullins contact was running out too.

sad but it it were me i would hold out for a new club if we go down!

Jimbo ?
27-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo

If another club wants him they will have to take it to tribunal whereby we would get a reasonably large fee.

your first bit is all the rumours that we get subjected to all the time, my great aunt does the washing for a business man who was seen at selhurst 5years ago......and says.......

as for the last bit about a large fee - there is little or no chance of us getting a large fee through a tribunal!!

nottsunieagle
27-09-2004, 09:33 AM
for christ's sake, at the end of the day, until either dowie, aj, sj, wayne or stretford come out and say anthing specific then its all rubbish journalistic speculation. of course we're all worried about the contracts, but let's leave it until we actually hear something official.

Calder2
02-10-2004, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Freddy Kurz

What a load of rubbish. Routledge seems to have the same attitude problem as Gray has and if he doesn't want to play for the club, we should sell him for 4 million to Tottenham and look after the players who do want to play for the club. I don't like Jordan at all, but I think the problem lies with Routledge and his agent, Stretford, who just wants to earn commission by selling him. If Routledge listened to Dowie instead of his mates and Stretfoes, he would be a better player for it. Both he and Gray think they are better players than they actually are.

Owngoal
02-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Routledge has not been himself since the Spurs interest. Not long until some 'fans' really start getting on his back the next time he does not release the ball. One thing about Julian, he continued to keep playing well. It makes me sad to see a lad who seems to be 'Palace' have his head turned. Atr least we now have some competition for the spot. I've always found it funny Peter Taylor has not picked him for the U-21s, hope Wayne does not think a more fashionable club is required.

BUNGLE
02-10-2004, 11:28 PM
I think people are confusing struggling to make an immediate impact in the premiership to not caring about the club and having the same attitude as Gray which imo is aload of bollocks. Yes he may have had his head turned but I don't think we can or should doubt his commitment on the pitch.

Freddy Kurz
03-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Calder2

What a load of rubbish. Routledge seems to have the same attitude problem as Gray has and if he doesn't want to play for the club, we should sell him for 4 million to Tottenham and look after the players who do want to play for the club. I don't like Jordan at all, but I think the problem lies with Routledge and his agent, Stretford, who just wants to earn commission by selling him. If Routledge listened to Dowie instead of his mates and Stretfoes, he would be a better player for it. Both he and Gray think they are better players than they actually are.

Excuse me Calder2, but may I ask whether there is
anything wrong with your eyesight? I raise this
question because the quotation (above) you err-
oneously attribute to me is entirely the work of
glaziers fan, and was only quoted by me for the
sole purpose of criticising it's contents.
In view of the wrong impression you have given,
by failing to quote any of my own words, I must
seriously ask that you make me an apology, or I
will have to complain to the BBS.
This may be an accident on your part, but I will
need you to admit the error. May I also ask
why you decided NOT to make your criticism of
glaziers fan's contribution directly under HIS
post?

Ben H
03-10-2004, 09:33 AM

I've had enough of people saying Routledge has an attitude problem.

HTF do you deduce this?:bash:

rambo
03-10-2004, 10:23 AM
There is no evidence of any attitude problem on the pitch at all.

The people who first started suggesting there was a problem with his long term commitment to the club were Gray supporters who said at the time that Routledge hadnt signed a contract and would be following Gray's path. They were using this to suggest that Gray wasnt the problem, but the club was.

Hopefully they were wrong. If they were right, the question of when we offered WR a contract doesnt really seem that relevant.

glaziers fan
03-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Routledge has NO ATTITUDE PROBLEM WHATSOEVER. He continues to try his hardest but he needs a break. He's only a young lad, and his performances I believe have been poor since February last year. The Spurs interest hasn't affected him. Julian Gray's departure has. He probably feels the club treated him badly, and I also believe that he feels hard done by because he was promised a contract ages ago and never got one. If he wants to go, let him. But there's no way on earth we will get 4m like one ridiculous poster on here suggested. Yes, he's worth that, but we won't get it with his contract running out. We will be lucky to get more than 1.5m. Reading between the lines he would have gone for 2m in the last transfer window if we'd had enough time to buy a replacement.

Calder2
03-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Excuse me Calder2, but may I ask whether there is
anything wrong with your eyesight? I raise this
question because the quotation (above) you err-
oneously attribute to me is entirely the work of
glaziers fan, and was only quoted by me for the
sole purpose of criticising it's contents.
In view of the wrong impression you have given,
by failing to quote any of my own words, I must
seriously ask that you make me an apology, or I
will have to complain to the BBS.
This may be an accident on your part, but I will
need you to admit the error. May I also ask
why you decided NOT to make your criticism of
glaziers fan's contribution directly under HIS
post?

Don't understand this post at all so why should I apologiize. It said you posted the quote so I replied. This is a democratic country, or so we are told, so I am entitled to my views. As I am not character assasinating you, suggest you get a life. And if anyone should be apologizing it should be you, questioning my eyesight.

nomad
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Sorry Freddy Kurz but the comments were originally posted by you according to the post so I am with Calder2 on this one.

I sincerely hope Wayne stays but with Stretford as his agents, who knows, and he does not seem to be playing well at the moment. We shall see.

Ben H
03-10-2004, 02:05 PM
He's 18 yrs old FFS and only had 1 season of Nationwide football behind him. He has a dip in form (according to some) and all of a sudden he's got a bad attitude and wants to leave.

Some people are so fickle.

Sussex Eagle
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM
No, FreddyKurz quoted it off someone else and Calder2 for some reason changed it to make it look like Freddy said it. Freddy is in fact becoming rather notorious for his positivity :p

AJ
03-10-2004, 02:26 PM
He's 18 yrs old FFS and only had 1 season of Nationwide football behind him. He has a dip in form (according to some) and all of a sudden he's got a bad attitude and wants to leave.

Some people are so fickle.

Isn't he 19 now?:D

Ben H
03-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Ok, he's got a bad attitude then.

Benzhiyi
03-10-2004, 02:50 PM

This man is correct.

And Freddy, before you start, it's because Paul Stretford has told him to wait to see what options emerge elsewhere.

nomad
03-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Apologies to Freddie Kurz

It was my fault and not Calder2 as signed on with wrong ID. Realised now that I , inadvertently, took Glazier fans comment and attributed it to you. So, just to put the record straight, sorry.

p.s. my eyesight is, usually very good!!!

Ben H
03-10-2004, 03:01 PM
How long has he been with Stretford for?

It's mind-boggling that we didn't give him a long term deal when his academy contract (or whatever it was) expired.

Ben H
03-10-2004, 03:07 PM
If this is true - about Stretford's advice - then you can hardly blame Wayne for stalling on a new contract. It doesn't mean he's decided to leave, just that he's keeping his options open; which would appear the sensible thing to do for a player in his position. It doesn't mean he's lacking in commitment right now and besides his performances this season have generally been very good.

If he's going to stay, us, the fans, need to play a part in persuading him. We ain't gonna do that by getting on his back and giving him stick based on trumped up charges of lacking commitment and having a bad attitude.

Ben H
03-10-2004, 03:08 PM
This thread is in the wrong forum

Benzhiyi
03-10-2004, 04:25 PM
This thread is in the wrong forum

Says who?

Sussex Eagle
03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
If this is true - about Stretford's advice - then you can hardly blame Wayne for stalling on a new contract. It doesn't mean he's decided to leave, just that he's keeping his options open; which would appear the sensible thing to do for a player in his position. It doesn't mean he's lacking in commitment right now and besides his performances this season have generally been very good.

If he's going to stay, us, the fans, need to play a part in persuading him. We ain't gonna do that by getting on his back and giving him stick based on trumped up charges of lacking commitment and having a bad attitude.

Good post. And it is a bit more of a General Palace Discussion isn't it Benzhiyi?

Benzhiyi
03-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Well, it relates to the possible impending transfer of a Crystal Palace player, so could quite easily fit into either.

Thus no problem with it being here.

kolinkins
03-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Well, it relates to the possible impending transfer of a Crystal Palace player, so could quite easily fit into either.

Thus no problem with it being here.

It has been put in the Transfer Hotline because a mod wanted to make a point - eh thinks he's off, so the thread is in here.

Why are all the contract threads not in here then?

Ben H
03-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Exactly.

I thought this forum was about incoming transfers, rather than outgoing.

If Wayne goes it won't be for a while yet and this discussion is about his contract not his possible transfer.

Dowie's contract discussion wasn't in this forum.

Bounce back
03-10-2004, 09:17 PM
get behind super wayne we need him, if he goes in january so be it but we have him for the next 15 or 16 game what ever

Benzhiyi
03-10-2004, 10:27 PM
I thought this forum was about incoming transfers, rather than outgoing.

What was all that stuff about Cedric then? Or the Freedman and Black to Leeds threads?

Ingoing and outgoing transfer speculation has always gone in here.

Ian Hart
03-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?

there is little or no chance of us getting a large fee through a tribunal!!

Is that correct?

I'm not suggesting we should follow a strategy of letting his contract run out (if he doesn't sign a new one) but out of interest, does anyone know the rules as to how much we might get from a tribunal if we did? My understanding was that there were various aspects that a Tribunal has to take account of when setting the fee, which result in the fee being increased, and plenty of these apply to Wayne:-

* Where the club has raised the player themselves from a schoolboy
* Age (only 19)
* First team regular in the Premier
* International

Sussex Eagle
03-10-2004, 10:58 PM
What was all that stuff about Cedric then? Or the Freedman and Black to Leeds threads?

Ingoing and outgoing transfer speculation has always gone in here.

If this was a thread about rumours linking Wayne to Chelsea & Spurs, then fine. But it's not. It's about whether Wayne is going to sign a contract or not. I understand why you don't want to move it - Dave started it - but it's clearly in the wrong forum by normal 'rules'.

There's 10 seconds I'll never get back :(

Freddy Kurz
04-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Don't understand this post at all so why should I apologiize. It said you posted the quote so I replied. This is a democratic country, or so we are told, so I am entitled to my views. As I am not character assasinating you, suggest you get a life. And if anyone should be apologizing it should be you, questioning my eyesight.

Sadly Calder2, I must now query not only your
eyesight but your intelligence. If you wanted
to criticise glazier fan's post, why did you not
do what I did and simply turn back to glazier
fan's post, which you clearly disagreed with,
as I did, reproduce HIS text and then make
your criticism of him immediately under his
post? Can you not see that to anybody
reading your post, the words originally posted
by glaziers fan are shown as if they were
written by ME? I totally disown the words
ttglazier fan wrote, which you have falsely
attributed to me and DEMAND that you fully
CORRECT this false impression.

Living in a FREE country does not give the
right of lazy people to FALSELY attribute
the words of one person to another.

This would be the same as me attributing
your post above beginning "Don't understand
this post at all etc... " TO SOMEONE
ENTIRELY DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't me!
04-10-2004, 09:58 AM
You lot are off your heads.

Wayne has been with Pro Active for a few years already. Paul Stretford doesn't actually have any direct dealings with Wayne. He is looked after by someone else.

He has never thought he was bigger than the club, and has waited for a contract for nearly a year now. He was promised a new revised contract after his 19th Birthday. He'll be 20 in January. Who ever suggested his on 1,200 - it's completely rubbish. He is no where near on that much.

He hasn't changed as a person at all, the Premiership status has not affected him one bit. I think his confidence has been knocked a bit, and he's not happy as he is unable to play how he wants to i.e. run at players. Like all players Wayne hates losing, and now fears he might even lose his place in the squad. He can be confident, but deep down he worries like the rest of us.

He has no intentions in following Julian to Birmingham, although he is aware of interest from other clubs he doesn't read too much in to it. He's attitude is if it's not in writing then its just speculation.

He isn't immature for his age and knows what he wants.

AndyStreet
04-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Has he been offered a new contract It Wasn't me?

RDSdaEAGLE
04-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!

Wayne has been with Pro Active for a few years already. Paul Stretford doesn't actually have any direct dealings with Wayne. He is looked after by someone else.

He has never thought he was bigger than the club, and has waited for a contract for nearly a year now. He was promised a new revised contract after his 19th Birthday. He'll be 20 in January. Who ever suggested his on 1,200 - it's completely rubbish. He is no where near on that much.

He hasn't changed as a person at all, the Premiership status has not affected him one bit. I think his confidence has been knocked a bit, and he's not happy as he is unable to play how he wants to i.e. run at players. Like all players Wayne hates losing, and now fears he might even lose his place in the squad. He can be confident, but deep down he worries like the rest of us.

He has no intentions in following Julian to Birmingham, although he is aware of interest from other clubs he doesn't read too much in to it. He's attitude is if it's not in writing then its just speculation.

Thanks It Wasn't Me.

I can't believe how people build up an image of what Wayne thinks and how he behaves, especially when those people don't even know him.

I feel inclined to believe what you've said however.

Beanie
04-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ian Hart
Is that correct?

I'm not suggesting we should follow a strategy of letting his contract run out (if he doesn't sign a new one) but out of interest, does anyone know the rules as to how much we might get from a tribunal if we did? My understanding was that there were various aspects that a Tribunal has to take account of when setting the fee, which result in the fee being increased, and plenty of these apply to Wayne:-

* Where the club has raised the player themselves from a schoolboy
* Age (only 19)
* First team regular in the Premier
* International
Points 1,2 and 4 will up the fee, but I am pretty certain point 3 will reduce it. The tribunal compensation has nothing directly to do with the player's ability, it is supposed to compensate for the difference between the investment a club has made in a player and the lack of return as he moves at a young age. The fact that Wayne is a first team regular, and has been for a while, means that Palace will already have had some return for their investment - it could be argued a quite substantial return - and so this will reduce the "short fall" between investment and return on investment.

eagles #1
04-10-2004, 10:10 AM
if he has been offered a new contract do you think he will sign, it wasn't me?

alphabet
04-10-2004, 10:14 AM
An old friend of mine owns Kiss Kuts, a hairdressers near West Croydon. Among his customers are Wayne Routledge and Hayden Mullins. Apparently Wayne got his haircut in there on Friday and was telling my friend how unhappy he was at Palace. He said he would love to go to Spurs but his perfect move would be to Liverpool. My friend also claims that Wayne said 'his team mates arent very good'.

Not sure how accurate this statement actually is but I can assure you he is not happy at the Palace. I told my friend the next time you cut Wayne's hair tell him from me that I said to stay at Palace and show some Bl00dy FIGHT!!!

My friend just laughed, and hes a Man U fan too!!!!

It wasn't me!
04-10-2004, 10:14 AM
He hasn't been offered a contract yet, although Bob Dowie often says "we'll have to talk" but nothing is ever done.

The longer they leave it the less likely he will want to sign. I think that most people would feel the same way. If they pull their finger out and sort it out soon i don't see him not signing.

Freddy Kurz
04-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by nomad
Sorry Freddy Kurz but the comments were originally posted by you according to the post so I am with Calder2 on this one.

I sincerely hope Wayne stays but with Stretford as his agents, who knows, and he does not seem to be playing well at the moment. We shall see.

nomad, I am saddened that you decided not to
take the side of the angels on this one because
if you read my penultimate post you will, I trust
gain further clarification of what I am driving at.
There was absolutely no reason (apart from an
eye disorder, laziness or crassness) why Calder
2 couldn't have quoted glaziers fan's post, as
glaziers fan's post, and then made his criticism
of it. WHY DID HE HAVE TO ATTRIBUTE THOSE
WORDS TO FREDDY KURZ F.F.S? They were
not my words and I disown them utterly.

It wasn't me!
04-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Wayne isn't happy along with many players as they are not winning. If they were happy there would be something wrong.

He is a Liverpool fan and his mum and family are from there, it's all boys dream to play for the team they've supported since they were little.

By the way i think i'm with wayne on "his team mates aren't very good" come on isn't that common knowledge!? :->

Freddy Kurz
04-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by alphabet
An old friend of mine owns Kiss Kuts, a hairdressers near West Croydon. Among his customers are Wayne Routledge and Hayden Mullins. Apparently Wayne got his haircut in there on Friday and was telling my friend how unhappy he was at Palace. He said he would love to go to Spurs but his perfect move would be to Liverpool. My friend also claims that Wayne said 'his team mates arent very good'.

Not sure how accurate this statement actually is but I can assure you he is not happy at the Palace. I told my friend the next time you cut Wayne's hair tell him from me that I said to stay at Palace and show some Bl00dy FIGHT!!!

My friend just laughed, and hes a Man U fan too!!!!

Someone told me the other day that alphabet is
an idiot and wants to hurt Crystal Palace F.C
and Wayne Routledge. Not sure how accurate
this statement is?

alphabet
04-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Couldnt give a t0ss what you think.

Benzhiyi
04-10-2004, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the info, IWM. Very good to hear this from someone to close to Wayne.

What I would ask you as a follow up, is whether Wayne is aware that Paul Stretford has been talking to the club purporting to be his representative?

Ben H
04-10-2004, 10:53 AM
I thought the inside information you posted on here was always bone fide, Ben? Nice to know the info concerning Stretford was all a load of rubbish.:hmph:

glaziers fan
04-10-2004, 11:11 AM

If he is offered a decent contract by Palace would he sign it? The fans love Wayne, and it would be the right decision for his career if he stayed put for a while IMHO. (It's good to know he's not going to Birmingham. I really hope he's not going to Spurs either!)

It wasn't me!
04-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the info, IWM. Very good to hear this from someone to close to Wayne.

What I would ask you as a follow up, is whether Wayne is aware that Paul Stretford has been talking to the club purporting to be his representative?

To be honest i'd be surprised, Wayne isn't big enough for Paul Stretford just yet. He will only be interested when Wayne becomes the next Rooney.

I will ask though.

Sussex Eagle
04-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks IWM. I think people have a tendancy to assume all talented young footballers are arrogant fools. Wayne doesn't strike me as a 'bigger than the club' type player. Hope that's the case.

Benzhiyi
04-10-2004, 12:03 PM
I thought the inside information you posted on here was always bone fide, Ben? Nice to know the info concerning Stretford was all a load of rubbish.:hmph:

Well, Paul Stretford seems to think he is Wayne's agent, so something funny is going on.

arussell
04-10-2004, 12:18 PM
It's definitely Stretford who's been advising him not to sign.

Ruskin Old Boy
04-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Guardian, 9th May 2003

"Indeed, Proactive already boasts a potential future international line-up. The 17-year-old Blackburn full-back James McEveley has made encouraging progress this season. Arsenal's 22-year-old forward Francis Jeffers, who scored his first England goal against Australia in February, Fulham's Sean Davis, the England Under-21 midfielder who has already figured in the senior squad, and the promising Crystal Palace winger Wayne Routledge are also clients.

Full story, by Palace fan DF, http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0%2C1563%2C952269%2C00.html

It wasn't me!
04-10-2004, 12:43 PM
It's not Stretford telling him not to sign!!!

Ben H
04-10-2004, 01:19 PM
who then?

It wasn't me!
04-10-2004, 01:40 PM
who then?

He's not being told not to sign because he has nothing to sign!!!

How can he sign a contract he hasn't been offered. He can only keep playing and hope they will offer him a contract soon.

Dave
04-10-2004, 03:41 PM

How can he sign a contract he hasn't been offered. He can only keep playing and hope they will offer him a contract soon. Thanks for the clarification

smileysmith
04-10-2004, 03:43 PM

How can he sign a contract he hasn't been offered. He can only keep playing and hope they will offer him a contract soon.

Thanks indeed. Perhaps it is just a matter of the conract being drawn up??

Young Trolley
04-10-2004, 10:02 PM

How can he sign a contract he hasn't been offered. He can only keep playing and hope they will offer him a contract soon. WTF is up with this club? :grrr: Why in the name of Allah are they stalling on offering our brightest, young, homegrown player a new contract? It just doesn't make any sense??? Jordan really is some kind of cocksucker :veryangry

sjmac
05-10-2004, 08:23 AM
WTF is up with this club? :grrr: Why in the name of Allah are they stalling on offering our brightest, young, homegrown player a new contract? It just doesn't make any sense??? Jordan really is some kind of cocksucker :veryangry

If that is the case it does seem mad. These things can take time tho and we have to be careful that we don't offer him wages that we couldn't cope with if we were to go down.

It wasn't me!
05-10-2004, 08:45 AM
If they had any common sense they would have gave him a new revised contract in January and then they wouldn't be in this position now.

Freddy Kurz
05-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by nomad
Apologies to Freddie Kurz

It was my fault and not Calder2 as signed on with wrong ID. Realised now that I , inadvertently, took Glazier fans comment and attributed it to you. So, just to put the record straight, sorry.

p.s. my eyesight is, usually very good!!!

Many thanks! Delighted to hear the eyes are in
good shape!

Freddy Kurz
05-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by alphabet
Couldnt give a t0ss what you think.

Ditto - end of exchange!

Mehdi/tony
07-10-2004, 12:24 PM
HI Trolley How are you .I am Mehdi from rajshahi from Bangladesh.I saw you last year on the street in Rajshahi.You asked me one Question I could not answer you Because of those cheateres.The answer is yes i am.You trapped by those cheateres and my replicants.They used electrical weapons with those chinese terrorist.How ever I was losted my memory i could not recognise you but after that i was getting back my memory and now i can remember every incident of my childhood for further information you have to check your massage box and,poll.And dont try to find me out alone it's very difficult.SO connect with me through e-mail.I will check this page.

eagle mart
07-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Mehdi/tony
HI Trolley How are you .I am Mehdi from rajshahi from Bangladesh.I saw you last year on the street in Rajshahi.You asked me one Question I could not answer you Because of those cheateres.The answer is yes i am.You trapped by those cheateres and my replicants.They used electrical weapons with those chinese terrorist.How ever I was losted my memory i could not recognise you but after that i was getting back my memory and now i can remember every incident of my childhood for further information you have to check your massage box and,poll.And dont try to find me out alone it's very difficult.SO connect with me through e-mail.I will check this page.

Yeah but is Wayne going to sign?

smileysmith
07-10-2004, 03:44 PM

:eek:

Clapham Grand
07-10-2004, 03:59 PM
wtf?

Lee B
07-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
wtf?

What he said. 'Marvellous fayre!'

NZsparky
07-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Do you brew your own tea? coz I'd definatley want some of that:p

Young Trolley
07-10-2004, 09:01 PM

WTF???? I got a PM also from this loon along similar lines to the above, a case of mistaken identity methinks

I.Flyer
07-10-2004, 10:33 PM

WTF???? I got a PM also from this loon along similar lines to the above, a case of mistaken identity methinks

You don't think it is the "real" (hahaha) Trolley he is referring to, do you? Now he could confuse anyone. :eek:

arussell
07-10-2004, 11:50 PM
It's not Stretford telling him not to sign!!!

Odd, because I've heard from sources that it is, and I'm not the only one who's heard that either.

You're saying Wayne will be happy to sign a new contract then ?

And if so - why did he already turn one down ?

Raoul Duke
08-10-2004, 02:04 AM
arussell vs It wasn't me! Round 10.

LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMBLE!

Les Butler
08-10-2004, 02:34 AM
I only heard the other day that it was more or less a done deal with Spurs and Wayne will be gone in Jan.

Mums the word.

Sussex Eagle
08-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Wow, a hot tip from a contact inside which Premiership club in Frosty Mooseland?

sjmac
08-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Les Butler
I only heard the other day that it was more or less a done deal with Spurs and Wayne will be gone in Jan.

Mums the word.

really hope not

CK
08-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Just had a thought.

Not Tarrico + cash:eek:

Les Butler
08-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Wow, a hot tip from a contact inside which Premiership club in Frosty Mooseland? Brother in England works with some of his family...Hey and you would be surprised Sussex how this internet thingee keeps you quite updated even in sub zero conditions..well it's 25 here today bit warm for frost or snow but I will let you know ;)

humpo
08-10-2004, 04:12 PM
dont shoot the messenger, but some work colleagues have just been to lunch with Waynes aunt (she is a client of ours) and shes said he will be off to Liverpool in January. apparently a contract is nearly in place.

this is not a wind up

Sussex Eagle
08-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Les Butler
Brother in England works with some of his family...Hey and you would be surprised Sussex how this internet thingee keeps you quite updated even in sub zero conditions..well it's 25 here today bit warm for frost or snow but I will let you know ;)

Well now I'm just jealous. :(

davematt
08-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by humpo
dont shoot the messenger, but some work colleagues have just been to lunch with Waynes aunt (she is a client of ours) and shes said he will be off to Liverpool in January. apparently a contract is nearly in place.

this is not a wind up

If he went to Spurs, I would go balistic, if he went to Liverpool, good luck to him. Liverpool would also give us a fair bit for him, and hopefully a player, but please not IGOR BISCAN or DJIME TRAORE!!!!! This would not suprise me, as Liverpool are crying our for a right winger.

LLCOOLSTEVE
08-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Being that his mum is from up that way it wouldnt be a shock.

nomad
08-10-2004, 06:53 PM

this is not a wind up

Why would he want to go to a very ordinary team who look total rubbish since Owen left and Gerard was injured. OK, I accept that Gerard will be back sometime, but they are not going to qualify for Europe next season, based on what I have seen so far. Mind you, being honest, I suppose that parasite Stretford (football agenrs are the equivalent of estate agents really) will be pressing to get some more unearned money, the w***r. I hate agents, they are the scum of the earth, never doing what is best for the player, just greedy to line their own pockets.

Les Butler
08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
His Aunt and his mum need to sort this out !

One says Spurs the other says Liverpool LOL

britabroad
08-10-2004, 07:04 PM
So, KolkaKola out on the right wing and Polish bloke on the left in January.

mainstandeagle
08-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Don't forget about the Lakster.

zonin2000
08-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Wayne is nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool yet!

Hypothetically speaking, if he were to go to Liverpool in January, he'd have a hell of a lot of improving to do in a very short space of time, if he wanted to see some first team action by the end of the season.

Wayne has the potential to be big, but he needs to develop.

It wasn't me!
11-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by arussell
Odd, because I've heard from sources that it is, and I'm not the only one who's heard that either.

You're saying Wayne will be happy to sign a new contract then ?

And if so - why did he already turn one down ?

So your sources are more reliable than the man himself?! and his agent??

ok!!!

Yes Wayne would be happy to sign, he appreciates what Palace have done for him.

What contract did he turn down?? He hasn't been offered a contract!!!

It wasn't me!
11-10-2004, 09:12 AM

this is not a wind up

It is a wind up - she was winding you lot up!!! If it is any club from that way it isn't Liverpool ;)

Ian Dowie
11-10-2004, 09:25 AM
I hope he goes.... he will enjoy playing for the liverpool reserves and Tottenham reserves on cold wet tuesday night at there training grounds... him, let him go if he wants to go, let him stay if he wants to play first team football... it really is his choice..

personally as long as there is 11 players wearing the palace shirt on a saturday that want to play for this club then thats all that matters..

Stay or go, but make your mind up and tell Iain what your doing so he can plan for OUR future not yours.. you jumped up little prick, who don't give the simple pass, who imo don't score enough goals, who is very lightweight and at best you are just a hot prospect.. but so was Nicky Weaver, Gareth williams, Bentley, luke chadwick (I actually think Luke chadwick is beeter than you and he's now playing for (west ham) not to mention Francis jeffers and carl cort... good luck little man... you'll need it.

this has been discussed so many times, and for what? Wayne Routledge!

arussell
11-10-2004, 09:26 AM
So your sources are more reliable than the man himself?! and his agent??

If you can point out where Wayne has said this, then I'd be interested to read it.

You don't REALLY take what a player says to you at face value do you ? - because they never tell the truth about such things.

Anyway, it's all opinion and heresay, and neither of us can prove anything one way or the other.

BTW - it's Dowie who said that about the contract, so he's lying too is he ???

Two-Tone
11-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Ian Dowie
I hope he goes.... he will enjoy playing for the liverpool reserves and Tottenham reserves on cold wet tuesday night at there training grounds... him, let him go if he wants to go, let him stay if he wants to play first team football... it really is his choice..

personally as long as there is 11 players wearing the palace shirt on a saturday that want to play for this club then thats all that matters..

Stay or go, but make your mind up and tell Iain what your doing so he can plan for OUR future not yours.. you jumped up little prick, who don't give the simple pass, who imo don't score enough goals, who is very lightweight and at best you are just a hot prospect.. but so was Nicky Weaver, Gareth williams, Bentley, luke chadwick (I actually think Luke chadwick is beeter than you and he's now playing for (west ham) not to mention Francis jeffers and carl cort... good luck little man... you'll need it.

Overly harsh I think. Routledge has done nothing to suggest he is not loyal to Palace. He has not rejected a contract offer and still seems very much part of the team.

Do not have a go at him based on rumour and heresay. I am still hopeful and confident he will sign for Palace and we can enjoy a few more years of this outstanding talent in a Palace shirt.

2Tone - with you all the way Wayne!

It wasn't me!
11-10-2004, 10:21 AM
If you can point out where Wayne has said this, then I'd be interested to read it.

You don't REALLY take what a player says to you at face value do you ? - because they never tell the truth about such things.

Anyway, it's all opinion and heresay, and neither of us can prove anything one way or the other.

BTW - it's Dowie who said that about the contract, so he's lying too is he ???

As a matter of fact i do believe what he says to me, what reason have i not to?!

So where did Dowie say that? in the papers, he tells the fans what they want to hear.

It wasn't me!
11-10-2004, 10:24 AM

Please don't take this in a bad way......... but SHUT UP!!!

the only "jumped up little prick" is you!:hmph:

GreatGonzo
11-10-2004, 10:30 AM
There are just far too many rumours coming out of the routledge camp that he will be moving. From those people who have said they have heard things from members of his family a lot of them i would believe and i too have heard the rumours from members of his family.

I do not know if he will go to spurs or ifthat is just what is hoped BUT why would his family being saying these things if he wants to stay and the intention is for him to stay?

Igor Iconic
11-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Does it matter where he goes? The rumour is he might be, and that is bad enough news.

Officer Dibble
11-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
..... BUT why would his family being saying these things if he wants to stay and the intention is for him to stay?

They could be saying these things in order to provoke a contract offer from Palace ?
Not uncommon in the workplace is it ? Drop a few hints that you may go elsewhere to make people value your worth to them ?

Jasper
11-10-2004, 10:53 AM

cock

Aki Aki Aki
11-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Super Wayne was fantastic for England U20s yesterday. The guy has so much potential at such a young age that we should do everything to keep hold of him.

sydnsteve
11-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Jasper
cock

Very unkind to cocks I'd say all things considered. What a twat (not you Jasper!)

Sussex Eagle
11-10-2004, 12:01 PM
cock

Seconded. Surely a user can be banned for misspelling the great man's name? :clown:

Anyways, IWM got it right on Jules, didn't he, so I'll not get too worried just yet. Wayno is the future :)

ANDYEAGLE
11-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Aki Aki Aki
Super Wayne was fantastic for England U20s yesterday. The guy has so much potential at such a young age that we should do everything to keep hold of him.

Agree with you Aki, I am sure that the club will be doing everything they can to hold onto Wayne, I just feel this should have been long ago. All these rumours family etc are just rumours but will certainly help Waynes case in negotiating a bumber deal. We cant say whether he will stay at Palace unless he is offered a contract(which by all accounts he has'nt been yet).
Watched the game yesterday don't really think Wayne should be playing at that level anymore as he looked like a man amongst boys, he should be immediately moved to the the under21's even if he is behind Pennant.
Borrowdale looked good at left back yesterday.

anti-addick
11-10-2004, 12:24 PM

What a plank.

nomad
12-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Now that Stretford has been found out for the dodgy character he, undoubtedly, is, will Wayne sign up for a different agent? The more I read about Stretford, the more I think that Wayne is just a way of making money for him. He has Freddie Shepherd's son on his books and several ex footballers have shares in his company. Serves them right, Dalglish amongst them, if they lose all their money,

Sussex Eagle
12-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Stretford could possibly lose his FIFA licence through this, which would leave his many clients little choice than to look for alternatives.

eagles #1
12-10-2004, 07:11 PM
good good

Justin
12-10-2004, 07:53 PM
The players will be signed to the Formation Group not Stretford himself so the FIFA licence line is irrelevant.

I have a meeting with them soon so will ask them about Wayne!!

Daddy Long
12-10-2004, 08:03 PM

I believe IWM on this. I won't go into details why but suffice to say Wayne has neither a reason nor the inclination to lie to her.

arussell
12-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Aha - so that's who she is then, which would also explain a lot ...

Sussex Eagle
12-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Very quick edit to either protect identities/seem more mysterious, Alan!

arussell
12-10-2004, 11:31 PM
:D

A very educated guess from what I know (based on that last remark). If someone wants to remain anonymous (although I fail to understand most of it on here) then that's up to them.

kolinkins
12-10-2004, 11:36 PM

A very educated guess from what I know (based on that last remark). If someone wants to remain anonymous (although I fail to understand most of it on here) then that's up to them.

Feel free to edit this post arussell, but it wouldnt happen to be a certain ex-BBEer who used to know the team lineup in advance, would it?

NZsparky
12-10-2004, 11:38 PM

I'm thinking of changing my name to the hooded claw Alan, just so you know it's me when I'm being annonymous. Is that okay ?
:)

smileysmith
12-10-2004, 11:50 PM
I'd hope I speak for most Palace supporters when I say that Wayne has been a tremendous servant to the club already, and I would wish him well if he were to go anywhere. I would also think that - dependant on the club - a move to a bigger club may not be the best for him. At Palace he gets a regular start, and the addition of Lakis as competition for his place can only really be good for him, preventing burn out from over work too. Plus, of course, he is loved by us (or most of us) and will always receive support at Selhurst.

I sincerly hope the club has / is offering him a new contract, and would be very happy to hear he has signed.

sydnsteve
13-10-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Seconded. Surely a user can be banned for misspelling the great man's name? :clown:

Anyways, IWM got it right on Jules, didn't he, so I'll not get too worried just yet. Wayno is the future :)

I've always assumed IWM is a she, I don't know why. Apologies IWM if I'm wrong!

arussell
13-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Lakis played fairly well in the right midfield position for the reserves last night, so given some of Wayne's performances this season, I'd imagine it's given Dowie food for thought for Bolton.

smileysmith
13-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Lakis played fairly well in the right midfield position for the reserves last night, so given some of Wayne's performances this season, I'd imagine it's given Dowie food for thought for Bolton.

Indeed - as I said before though, competition for places can only improve both player and sqaud. :)

nookiebear
13-10-2004, 10:10 AM
I know I do this a lot but I've been away and was wondering if someone could sum up this thread in a line?

Is Routledge off? I've heard from a source he could be in Jan

Sussex Eagle
13-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
I've always assumed IWM is a she, I don't know why. Apologies IWM if I'm wrong!

Think you're right there. Mere oversight on my part. Soz!

eagles #1
13-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by nookiebear
I know I do this a lot but I've been away and was wondering if someone could sum up this thread in a line?

Is Routledge off? I've heard from a source he could be in Jan noone fcuking knows mate!

It wasn't me!
13-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Unless Wayne is offered a new contract by Palace anything is possible in January. This is not due to Wayne wanting to leave or think he's bigger than the club. His future lies within Palace's hands!!! Even if another club comes in for him, it is up to Palace if they let him go.

In other words who knows, there is interest from 3 other clubs. Interest doesn't mean he is off to any of them.

Does that help?!

Sussex Eagle
13-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Sort of! Just hope we can shove a damned good contract (If AJ's on a 5 million contract, I don't see why we can't offer Wayne say 10k a week if it's necessary to get him to sign) in front of him before the interested parties start swooping.

smileysmith
13-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Unless Wayne is offered a new contract by Palace ...

I simply cannot beleive they won't. I know Dowie and SJ etc are busy, but surely this must be a club priority??:confused:

nottsunieagle
13-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by eagles #1
noone fcuking knows mate!

exactly! all this thread-reading's made me waste 5 minutes of my otherwise jam-packed student life!;)

wedgetail
15-10-2004, 09:01 AM
In todays (sub)Standard there is a story about a new contract for Wayne.

Clapham Grand
15-10-2004, 09:17 AM
And here's the link:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/14069035?source=Evening

TheCharmer
15-10-2004, 09:25 AM
it would seem that Wayne is in a position of strength negotiation wise, and he s being advised strategically by his new agents. I d be very surprised if he sign s, it just a case if we let him go in January or wait till the end of the season and release him for peanuts.

Jasper
15-10-2004, 09:33 AM
1. Agents are ruining the game. A bunch of vile odious leeches that make their money from other peoples talent and continually trying to unsettle their clients in order to secure a big payday.

2. I know Im biased but I think Wayne would benefit from staying at Palace for at least 2 more seasons, he will be able to grow and improve and get regular football, something he may not get if he goes to Spurs or liverpool.

3. Why was wayne not offered a long term contract or an extension when he was 17/18. We all knew he would establish himself as a first team player and we could have avoided the possibility of losing one of our best prospects for less than he's worth.

davematt
15-10-2004, 09:35 AM
1. Agents are ruining the game. A bunch of vile odious leeches that make their money from other peoples talent and continually trying to unsettle their clients in order to secure a big payday.

2. I know Im biased but I think Wayne would benefit from staying at Palace for at least 2 more seasons, he will be able to grow and improve and get regular football, something he may not get if he goes to Spurs or liverpool.

3. Why was wayne not offered a long term contract or an extension when he was 17/18. We all knew he would establish himself as a first team player and we could have avoided the possibility of losing one of our best prospects for less than he's worth.

Agree. Your not being biased, it is fact. A move now for Wayne is not right for him. He can continue his development here in the 1st team, whereas at Liverpool or the Spuds, he could end up getting in the same position as Jermaine Pennant at Arsenal.

Jasper
15-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by davematt
Agree. Your not being biased, it is fact. A move now for Wayne is not right for him. He can continue his development here in the 1st team, whereas at Liverpool or the Spuds, he could end up getting in the same position as Jermaine Pennant at Arsenal.

yeah I dont mind Wayne leaving, he cant be blamed for wanting to play for a 'Bigger' club (hayden Mullins to west ham:hi: ) but it would be nice to get a decent amount for him. He has started slowly in the premier league but is showing signs of improvement every game he plays, a move to another club where he might play 15-20 games a season would be a backwards step at this stage in his career. Perhaps we could sign pennant if we lost routledge???

smileysmith
15-10-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm just pleased to see the club at last are offering him a new contract.

15-10-2004, 07:24 PM
it would be a shame to let him go but if he wants to go there is nothing we can do

sjmac
15-10-2004, 08:07 PM
ID will need to work his magic.

sjmac
15-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanx for link Clapham Grand