PDA

View Full Version : cleshy/or any other left back

palace da best!
26-09-2004, 07:41 AM
i can't spell his name correctly but to sort out our left sided problems why dont we get cleshy

palace da best!
26-09-2004, 07:42 AM
da arsenal player

elliott
26-09-2004, 07:52 AM
gail

Benzhiyi
26-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Why would Arsenal loan him to us when he is a regular first teamer for them?

elliott
26-09-2004, 07:59 AM
is he though.

i can hardly remember him playing except the last 10 minutes

MasterYoda
26-09-2004, 08:07 AM
he gets on almost every game tho - not a chance of getting him

suits_you
26-09-2004, 10:21 AM
cliche (e with an accent upon it.)

kolinkins
26-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Agree that left back is our weak link at the back. Ideally, we should be brave, and go for Nicky Shorey of Reading.

TheCharmer
26-09-2004, 12:30 PM
cliche is absolute quality, only not playing cos Cole is one of the best left back s of the world. But it s very doubtful if Arsenal would let a young quality player like him go

Nork1
26-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by palace da best!
da arsenal player

THE Arsenal player. It's THE Arsenal player.

glaziers fan
26-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Gael Clichy is absolute class. If we could get him in on loan I would be very happy indeed.

Benzhiyi
26-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by elliott
is he though.

i can hardly remember him playing except the last 10 minutes

Yes, but he's still part of the first team squad and thus I can't see Wenger letting him go - particularly as they don't have any other decent left backs beyond Cole and Clichy.

Sires
26-09-2004, 02:32 PM
They should loan him to us because then we will be great when he returns. I remember they loaned Ashley Cole to us and look what happened when he returned. We make stars. Simple.

Calder2
26-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Gael Clichy ;)

Clapham Grand
26-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Gael Clichy is absolute class. If we could get him in on loan I would be very happy indeed.
Agree. It will never happen though:sob:

pete eagle
26-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Yes, but he's still part of the first team squad and thus I can't see Wenger letting him go - particularly as they don't have any other decent left backs beyond Cole and Clichy.

They do have a younger player who I remember Wenger hailing as another bright star. They are blessed with talent all over the place at the club. Most of it youthful talent.

andy_cpfc
26-09-2004, 05:14 PM
they have got serbation svard, who is a youngster who can play at left back,think he came on in the charity shield. Hes good on Champ Man ;)

MKCPFC
26-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Matthew Taylor of Portsmouth , he was on the bench today , he is better than that.

RDSdaEAGLE
26-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by MKCPFC
Matthew Taylor of Portsmouth , he was on the bench today , he is better than that.

Has suffered from the effects of a serious leg injury.

Not the same player he was in Pompeys promotion season from what I've been told.

MKCPFC
26-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Interesting , looked good against Liverpool in the cup last season and he can play left side of midfield as well (according to Luton supporter).

ANDYEAGLE
26-09-2004, 10:47 PM
Sun Jihai, although he played for Man City yesterday seems to spend a lot of the time on the City bench. Is a extremely versatile player as we know and certainly would be more than capable of playing left back or left side of midfield.
Loved him at Palace quality but I think I could be very optimistic to think we can get him back.

Benzhiyi
27-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Why would Taylor or Sun Jihai take pay cuts to leave two clubs with (on paper, at least) a far better chance of staying up this season?

Lion
27-09-2004, 09:18 AM
More peals of wisdom from Benzhiyi. Take note people!

cpfc_spc1982
27-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by andy_cpfc
they have got serbation svard, who is a youngster who can play at left back,think he came on in the charity shield. Hes good on Champ Man ;)

he played right mid against us last year. dont thinks hes played at the back for quite a while. garry was there other left back option but he seems to pick up alot of injuries.

ANDYEAGLE
27-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Why would Taylor or Sun Jihai take pay cuts to leave two clubs with (on paper, at least) a far better chance of staying up this season?

Of course the same would apply to any premier player we go for. Sun would certainly be on a high salary but I dont know how long his contract has to run. Taylor I would not have thought was earning a fortune. Maybe both would want regular 1st team football who knows?
Only suggestions anyway who would you want at left back Ben ?Even some one like Gabbidon who is not even premier proven Cardiff would want 2-3 million for and the overall package could work out even more than someone like Sun.
Difficult one same things again, will they come? money?

st albans
27-09-2004, 09:34 AM

so is henry, but can't see that happening

ANDYEAGLE
27-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by st albans
so is henry, but can't see that happening

Get them both guaranteed survival 100k a week salaries no problem.
I am sure Henry is bored at Arsenal,the other guy is a more realistic target still unlikely though.

Ian Hart
27-09-2004, 11:34 AM
What a ridiculous thread.

Do you think Wenger picks his team, and then says to the rest of the first-team squad "You lot might as well go out on loan. We're not going to get any injuries or suspensions"

Why don't we go for Cygan, Edu, Fabergas and Van Persie whilst we're at it. I'm sure Arsen will be happy to unload them to us being that they're not regulars. He'll probably be so pleased we asked, he'll pay us to take them off his hands :bash:

glaziers fan
27-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ian Hart
What a ridiculous thread.

Do you think Wenger picks his team, and then says to the rest of the first-team squad "You lot might as well go out on loan. We're not going to get any injuries or suspensions"

Why don't we go for Cygan, Edu, Fabergas and Van Persie whilst we're at it. I'm sure Arsen will be happy to unload them to us being that they're not regulars. He'll probably be so pleased we asked, he'll pay us to take them off his hands :bash:

Cygan is the worst central defender in the league. We wouldn't want him. Appreciate the sentiment though. I think the point the thread starter was trying to make though is that we need to try and sign a left-back because it's our weakest position BY FAR at the moment. I can't disagree there.

jazman
27-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Sorry but Wenger would not let him go. What with a long Champions League campaign ahead of them as well at the Premiership - I guess that Clichy will replace Cole on the less important games.

Why do we have to go for left backs from the Premiership who would be on good wages anyway.Can't we go back to the old days when we used to pluck players from Dulwich Hamlet and make them into a goalscoring legend?

Ian Hart
27-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Cygan is the worst central defender in the league. We wouldn't want him. Appreciate the sentiment though. I think the point the thread starter was trying to make though is that we need to try and sign a left-back because it's our weakest position BY FAR at the moment. I can't disagree there.

If he wants to suggest going for a left-back, fair enough. But he might do better to restrict the title of the thread to a left-back we could conceivably get, and not one that if he were available (which he clearly won't be) three quarters of the clubs in the division would try and sign!

Incidentally (and this is academic, as he won't become available either) if Cygan really was the worst central defender in the league, I very much doubt Monsieur Wenger would make him first choice to replace Campbell or Toure when ever either is unavailable. ;)

Beckenham Boy
27-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Arsenal only really have Cole and Cliche to cover that left back spot so he would never let Gael go on loan. They also have Justin Hoyte who is a right sided defender who is an England U21 regular and Philippe Senderos who is hoped will become the new Tony Adams. He is 20 and although he has been injured a few times since signing and has yet to make his debut, cost them 2.5 million. I cannot see Wenger letting any of these go out on loan though.

palace da best!
27-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Nork1
THE Arsenal player. It's THE Arsenal player.

DA ARSENAL PLAYER