PDA

View Full Version : Sebastien Mila

eaglei_uk
06-10-2004, 06:36 AM
From the gossip column of BBC Sport...

Crystal Palace lead the £2m chase for Poland midfielder Sebastien Mila. (Daily Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3718876.stm

Raoul Duke
06-10-2004, 07:17 AM
This isn't a race, it's a marathon as we can't sign him until the transfer window opens in January. Although with how long it takes us to sign players, if we start now we might have him signed in time :)

chelmsfordeagle
06-10-2004, 07:21 AM
never heard of him has anyone seen him play?

Farawayeagle
06-10-2004, 07:40 AM
He played against England in the recent world cup qualifier England won 2-1 and Mila was substituted.

chelmsfordeagle
06-10-2004, 07:43 AM
I watched hte game but don't remember him, but then again it's very rare for me to remember the performance of anyone against palace or england

Reps AJ
06-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
This isn't a race, it's a marathon

Actually, a marathon is a race (unless you meant a snickers). Perhaps you meant its not a sprint, its a marathon...? :D

cpfcben
06-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Left sided midfielder.

A wing wizard.........

Son of Ron
06-10-2004, 08:10 AM
can't find too much on him but I remember the commentators for the England v Poland game saying he was the big young star of Polish football.

Daveyboyross
06-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Doesn't he make washing machines?

GreatGonzo
06-10-2004, 08:22 AM
But which other Polish player will we sign?

Remember 'the foriegners come in 2 by 2 hurrah hurrah'

Time for Banter
06-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Think he was the blonde lad who they passed to everytime they had the ball. Very creative and had us in trouble a few times

Sussex Eagle
06-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Interesting. We'll probably lose him at the airport :(

Flappy Chicken
06-10-2004, 09:04 AM
And cue Baggies/Pompey......................

Riccardo
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Harry Redknapp is probably waiting in his Jag at Gatwick as we type . . .

jazman
06-10-2004, 11:45 AM
But isn't Torghelle the most promising young player to come out of Hungary? Like most foreign players time will tell.

Potton Eagle
06-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Is Mila the player who looks like a young Simon Rodger? If its the guy I'm thinking of he looked pretty good!

Father Fertile
06-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Daveyboyross
Doesn't he make washing machines?

That's Miele you ignaramous! ;)

nomad
06-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Father Fertile
That's Miele you ignaramous! ;)

Think that should be ignoramus!!!

CK
06-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
But which other Polish player will we sign?

Remember 'the foriegners come in 2 by 2 hurrah hurrah'

I take it my copywrite cheque is in the post, hurrah!:D

CK
06-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Potton Eagle
Is Mila the player who looks like a young Simon Rodger? If its the guy I'm thinking of he looked pretty good!

Hmmm, sure this shouldn't be on the gay/shaving thread:D er..that's presuming you're a bloke init:p

doof
06-10-2004, 04:23 PM
It is Sebastian not Sebastien - he is soemtimes known as "Pretty Boy Seb Mila"

http://www.90minut.pl/pix/players/mila_sebastian.jpg http://www.reprezentacja.gery.pl/zdjecia/zawodnicy/mila.jpg http://www.tp.pl/otp/sport/pilka/kadra/mila.jpg

Trist
06-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Christ... he looks like a right freek. Especially in that photo on the right! Simon Rodger would be offended

doof
06-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey leave Pretty Boy Seb alone!

bo04991
06-10-2004, 05:05 PM
He's the one when every time he took a shot the commentator said the same thing, "thats his range!"

Sires
06-10-2004, 05:09 PM
I can give you some info on him. Currently plays for Groclin in Poland. It was Groclin that put Manchester City out of the UEFA cup because of a Mila wonderstrike last season. Other good players already left Groclin and he was the main guy left that was still there but there had always been interest in him. He is only 21 or 22 years old something like that. Very creative and decent at shooting. Good positions for him would be as a winger or just behind the strikers. Oh and Trist do nor blasphomy he does not look any worse than Sandor Torghele. The picture on the right is a very bad one. He is good and young but 2 million is a bit expenisve. Maybe getting it to something like 1.75 million would be better

Sick Bucket
06-10-2004, 05:18 PM
If thats a pretty boy in Poland then I should get out there, the ladies will be queue up down the street :love:

Kirby
06-10-2004, 10:40 PM
He looks thick as shit.

PalaceFan@UGA
07-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Kirby
He looks thick as shit.

We're lucky football isnt based on looks....otherwise Derry's hair, Dowie's face, and Speroni blank gaze would put us bottom of the football league ;)

Grim Reaper
07-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Kirby
He looks thick as shit.

Ah but so does Dowie and it hasn't done him any harm. :D

Anyway, did you not read my article in FYP last season - ugly teams are good teams.

Remember when Liverpool were great in the 80s? It was like Halloween every week with the ugly mugs of Rush, Thompson, Neal, Sourpuss, Fairclough, Alan Kennedy, Johnson etc.

And what about the great Ipwich side of 25 years ago? Mariner, Gates, Wark, Thijsen were all gruesome yet Ipwich were class.

Man Utd in the 90s were the same - Butt, Scholes, Neville 1, Neville 2, Cantona, Schmeichel, Kanchelskis, Bruce etc.

Finally after years of studs muffins like Thomas, Jansen and Dougie, Dowie has seen the light and is signing up the ugliest players around in the full knowledge that UGLY TEAMS ARE GREAT TEAMS! :lux:

cpfc_spc1982
07-10-2004, 10:42 AM
poland are playing austria on sky sports saturday night , id imagine if he isnt injured he will be involved.

Nelson Muntz
07-10-2004, 10:44 AM
In the photo on the right he looks like Jason Donovan.

Robert Mark
07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
could well be the ugliest player we ever sign, poor bloke bet he never has much luck with the ladies.

Old Joe Paxton
07-10-2004, 11:42 PM
CHRIST ! Have I just walked in on the BBS Gay members nocturnal bitching hour? 'Oooh look at his face', 'oh not as good as Dougie' etc.

Does it matter what he looks like?!! You big jessies! It's what he has got upstairs not between his legs, sweeties!!!

;)

[Legal disclaimer: this message in no way condones homophobia nor encourages hate crimes of any sort against the homosexual community. Furthermore, this message should not be read as a remit or encouragement to indulge in seventies-style, Larry Grayson-style 'ooh shut that door' 'humour' in response to remarks that one might find girly, effeminate or plain poofy.But go ahead if you want to, ducky.

Kirby
08-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Oooh shut that door!

daz_eagle
08-10-2004, 11:09 AM
really good player from what i've seen.

Jimbo ?
08-10-2004, 03:02 PM
he's a good player and a snip at 2M but dont really see it happening.

Celestial Empire
09-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
he's a good player and a snip at 2M but dont really see it happening.

Hmmm, maybe, but I think not.
From the first half of tonight's match, he avoids tackles, and looks over weight and unfit (like all the Polish team with the possible exception of the left winger). He'll need 6 months to get up to speed.
He passes quite well, but not if he's under pressure (in the Prem ?)
Doubt any other Prem team would be interested based on this. Not a patch on Gera.
I think Sean Derry would walk into either one of these teams. ;)

cpfc_spc1982
09-10-2004, 10:09 PM
didnt look anything special at all tonight, was playing more centrally than wide. the guy who did play left mid looked alot better.

cpfcben
17-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Foolham declared an interest. Surely out of our reach..............

Fulham linked with Pole
by Gerrit van Leeuwen - Last Updated 17 Dec 2004
Champions League Draw
Listen to it live and then discuss it with Phil Thompson.

Team Pages:
FulhamFulham are being linked with a move for Polish international Sebastian Mila.

The 22-year-old has established himself as a regular in the Polish national squad of Pawel Janas, with his cultured displays in the middle of the park catching the eye.

Mila is a key player for Polish outfit Dyskobolia Grodzisk, but it would appear as if he is ready to make a move to a bigger stage.

A clutch of teams have amassed dossiers on Mila, with Dutch sides Ajax and Feyenoord, Austria Vienna and German outfit Borussia Dortmund believed to be in the hunt.

Vienna are said to be ready to launch a raid for Mila in January, but media reports in Austria have forwarded Fulham as potential rival bidders.

Fulham chief Chris Coleman is looking to shape his squad for the future and the cultured skills of Mila would fit in well with the style of play the Welshman favours.

It is not yet clear if Coleman is looking to make a move in January or at a later date and he could be beaten to the punch if he opts to bide his time.

€pfc
17-12-2004, 11:21 AM
Maybe A.J can have a word being a fellow Pole ;)

ROCK'N'ROLL
17-12-2004, 11:52 AM
I have wathced him play for Poland many a time (albeit, on TV).

He is young, energetic and very creative. Loves to shoot. In the last gave vs. Austria (i think), I was saying to someone that his work rate reminds me of AJ.

As a supporter of Palace and Poland, I would LOVE to see him play here.

BVB Bob
20-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Can confirm that Dortmund are also in the hunt. They see him as a replacement for Rosicky. Can't help thinking that he's more likely to go to a larger club, somewhere nearer home, if that's an option for him.

Clapham Grand
29-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Indy saying Fulham are in for him again

BW_Palace
29-04-2005, 04:33 PM
He was featured in World Soccers future stars section this month.

Trist
28-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Currently on trial at Southampton

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=406213&CPID=10&clid=20&lid=2&title=Mila+is+Saints+mystery+man

I recon he’d be an decent signing… hopefully PT might be temped to have a look.

lyrical_g
28-07-2006, 11:37 AM
is he not on trial at southampton. doubt this one will happen

Trist
28-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Trist
Currently on trial at Southampton

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=406213&CPID=10&clid=20&lid=2&title=Mila+is+Saints+mystery+man

I recon he’d be an decent signing… hopefully PT might be temped to have a look.

Originally posted by lyrical_g
is he not on trial at southampton. doubt this one will happen
???
;)

Ryan_the_eagle
28-07-2006, 11:42 AM
scored a cracker of a goal for em yesterday in there pre-season friendly v Chesterfield.

Ian Hart
28-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Last Updated: Wednesday, 6 October, 2004, 01:32 GMT 02:32 UK

The gossip column

All the latest football gossip from Wednesday's newspapers.

Tuesday's gossip
Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu says he is in 'open conflict' with coach Jose Mourinho after going AWOL from Stamford Bridge. (The Sun, Daily Mail)

England captain David Beckham expects to be back to his best form for Saturday's World Cup qualifier against Wales. (The Daily Telegraph, The Independent)

Crystal Palace lead the £2m chase for Poland midfielder Sebastien Mila. (Daily Mail)

This website is headed "Last updated 6 October 2004 There's a story about "Chelsea striker Mutu".

Don't you think this story is a bit old?

kettle
28-07-2006, 11:51 AM
definitely a v.old story, but if he is on trial at southampton, would definitely be worth a look. currently at Austria or Rapid Vienna.

eagle101
28-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Skysports.com can reveal that the mystery trialist at Southampton is Polish international Sebastian Mila.

The Saints refused to divulge the name of the blond-haired player who dominated the engine room and capped a fine display against Cheltenham with a superb goal on Thursday evening.

Southampton were keen to keep his identity under wraps so as not to alert rival bidders, but the cat has been let out of the bag by his present club - Austria Vienna.

Mila is keen to secure a move away from Vienna, having turned down a transfer to Turkish side Antalyaspor earlier in the summer, but he could well fancy a switch to St Mary's.

Confirming Mila had made the trip to the South Coast, Vienna sporting director Peter Stoger said: "He wants a chance and we will try to give him this chance.

"If he finds a home there, we will be pleased," Stoger added on Vienna's website. "But if he doesn't he will return and will get his chance."

Mila has a proven international pedigree and Saints could face competition for his signature, as he has also been linked with MLS side Chicago Fire.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=406213&CPID=10&clid=20&lid=4&title=Mila+is+Saints+mystery+man

Vince Hilaire's Afro
28-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Let's get him to Selhurst to get a feel for the place. Once he sees the Main Stand, and compares it to St. Mary's, he'll be ours, all ours.....

Ian Hart
28-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by kettle
definitely a v.old story, but if he is on trial at southampton, would definitely be worth a look. currently at Austria or Rapid Vienna.

The point I'm making is that the story that we are interested in signing him is two years old. There's no evidence that we're still interested, or that PT has even heard of him.

LP
28-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Let's get him to Selhurst to get a feel for the place. Once he sees the Main Stand, and compares it to St. Mary's, he'll be ours, all ours.....

There are better Polish restaraunts and delis in South London though?

BVB Bob
28-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I'd love this guy. Very close to signing for Dortmund last window, but BVB simply couldn't find the cash for wages at the time - Koller et al were still sucking in the Euros.

nanthony
28-07-2006, 03:48 PM
damn! this guys good and got excited with this story....but it is 2 years old after all, lets not get over excited, i just cant wait to get these new signings we keep getting promised! :lux:

One Step Down
28-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Bob Dowie's been given the word. Unfortunately, this being Palace, he's presently about to get Roger Milla (aged 62) over the line.

spt1978
28-07-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.saintschat.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=112415

Not signing for Southampton/.

dulipek
28-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Mila is crap. He was a promising talent, but after transfer to Austria Vienna he couldn't play in first team, because was not good enough.
He is weak and awful distribution, however he has a good longdistance shot. we dont' have time and money to waste for risky addition. Besides We have Watson who is very similar, but more talented and younger

Polish Pete
28-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Don`t rate him either

Ian Hart
28-07-2006, 09:56 PM
When someone from Poland and another called Polish Pete tells us this guy is no good, I take that as rather more reliable than people who might have seen the odd highlight, and I'm glad this was a non-story anyway.

Out of interest guys, how did you come to follow the Eagles?

Polish Pete
01-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Ian Hart
When someone from Poland and another called Polish Pete tells us this guy is no good, I take that as rather more reliable than people who might have seen the odd highlight, and I'm glad this was a non-story anyway.

Out of interest guys, how did you come to follow the Eagles?

I was born in Beckenham. Used to go to Saturday Polish School opposite the Police station in Norwood Junction and after it ended at 13:00, a big mob of Anglo/Polak kids used to hit Selhurst Park to watch the game. Happy memories

winston the dog
01-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Polish Pete
I was born in Beckenham. Used to go to Saturday Polish School opposite the Police station in Norwood Junction and after it ended at 13:00, a big mob of Anglo/Polak kids used to hit Selhurst Park to watch the game. Happy memories

we've got a polish mob, we've got a polish mob you aint!

quality stuff

Polish Pete
01-08-2006, 07:15 PM
I remember the depressing days were when you were looking out the classroom window whilst being taught "Despising German/Russian Studies" and seeing all the Charlton "home" fans using Selhurst

Ian Hart
01-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Polish Pete

:p