PDA

View Full Version : How much does survival cost?

gilberts knife
13-10-2004, 01:22 PM
How much do you think dowie will be given in his transfer kitty? come jan
or will he be sked to keep us up on peanuts?:( :veryangry

Jay_Palace
13-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Depends on where we find ourselves in january.

If we are in with a big chance of staying up (i.e 5 points clear of the relegation zone) then I'm sure that SJ will guive Dowie suficient funds to kep us in the division.

However if we are rooted to the bottom, 8 points adrift, we wil more than likely accept relegation and spent no more. What would be the point if relegation was almost a formality?

st albans
13-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Depends on where we find ourselves in january.

If we are in with a big chance of staying up (i.e 5 points clear of the relegation zone) then I'm sure that SJ will guive Dowie suficient funds to kep us in the division.

However if we are rooted to the bottom, 8 points adrift, we wil more than likely accept relegation and spent no more. What would be the point if relegation was almost a formality?

agree completely. birmingham are a good example of the first option. they were a few points clear in their 1st season and bought some new faces in, and look where they finished that season

gilberts knife
13-10-2004, 01:28 PM
so do you think he will be given 7 to 10 million if we have a chance?

nottsunieagle
13-10-2004, 01:29 PM
when dowie signed his contract he wanted assurances from sj about investment, what he planned to do with the club etc. i honestly think that we'll be given a solid amount of funds no matter where we are - i can really see big moves for good division one players, like ashton, reid etc.

i can't see us not spending when dowie asked for assurances before he signed.

PalaceMonkey
13-10-2004, 01:30 PM
id be surprised and pleased if we spent 7 to 10 mill
(if you mean purely for transfer fees and not including wages etc)

davematt
13-10-2004, 01:36 PM
ID will save all his budget for the summer if relegation looks inevitable in January. If we are in a position where survival is possible, he will be given some money, but no need to go silly.

gilberts knife
13-10-2004, 01:38 PM
but sre we agreed we need to but to stay up?

gilberts knife
13-10-2004, 01:38 PM
buy

anti-addick
13-10-2004, 01:42 PM
It's not about the amount but who you bring in, that's what counts as we've seen from our own recent history.

Beanie
13-10-2004, 02:11 PM
ID recently said that he rather see SJ spend on the club infastructure than on a large transfer kitty. So, I guess he isn't after significant sums.

Scroatey
14-10-2004, 09:33 AM
I think the biggest gamble for Jordan is finding the very very fine line between spending money to stay up and failing, and spending as little as possible and succeeding - on that basis how much can he afford?