PDA

View Full Version : Diego Milito

nottsunieagle
14-10-2004, 04:05 PM
according to sky sports news we bid serious money for the argentine international striker, but was turned down. anyone know anything more about him?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=231534&cpid=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Palace+snubbed+in+Milito+bid

Scroatey
14-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I just spotted that too, the guy's playing for Genoa, what is big money in their eyes?

Was Torghelle second choice, or is this bloke more like Kaviedes, or dare I suggest Wayne Andrews??

cpfcben
14-10-2004, 06:49 PM
ARGENTINE international. Very highly thought of.

BUNGLE
14-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Interesting, Hopefully having 1 bid rejected won't discourage us.

eagles #1
14-10-2004, 06:52 PM
never heard of him but he sounds bloody good!

SpikeyMatt
14-10-2004, 06:56 PM
He got sent off in his last match.

Sounds like a decent player though, and Genoa are in Serie B, surely there's not much room for rejecting offers with the state of Italian football at the moment.

Trist
14-10-2004, 07:52 PM
I love the fact that we're in the middle of a transfer window and we're still being linked with bringing Kily Gonzalez and Diego Milito.

Dark Star
14-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Preziozi's a knob. This is the guy that said that Genoa were signing Alan Shearer, so I'd take this story with a pinch of salt;)

sjmac
15-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Trist
I love the fact that we're in the middle of a transfer window and we're still being linked with bringing Kily Gonzalez and Diego Milito.

I know what you mean. There have been plenty who have come out and said they were considering a move to Palace, although they obviously didn't consider it seriously enough, it still shows our ambition. ID and SJ ave openly stated that they are looking to strengthen in Jan. Makes it clear that they are serious about our future.

Latvian Eagle
18-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Isn't Diego Milito the center back that Real Madrid tried to sign last summer? I thought the striker had a different name. Maybe I'm getting mixed up. They're related anyway.

Latvian Eagle
18-10-2004, 10:14 AM
I consider myself corrected. Gabriel Milito (Diego's relative, probably brother) is the Real Zaragoza CB.

kronos
22-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Hi, I'm a Genoa Supporter, and if it helps, I can give you further details:
Diego Milito (24 years old) has come to Genoa in january'04, from Racing (buenos aires) for 3 millions dollars, has two years more in his contract with our team, until now has played 32 matches and scored 22 goals in Serie B (recorded a consecutively 8 matches in goal); Milito has played 7 matches in Argentine national team scoring 3 goals. Genoa is now going to Serie A with the best defense and the best attack (of course with Milito goals..), He lives in Arenzano (near genoa) in a big house on the sea, his brother plays in spain as centre defence, Our team chairman is Preziosi, a very rich man who does control the monopoly of of all toys and games (kid games) in italy, production, import, export and toys center stores . Preziosi (other than Genoa) has over 40 players on contract spreaded over Serie A and Serie B, and has 40% of another serie B team(modena), as well is now acquiring (on monday 22 nov) the 90% of another team (Como). I do not think Genoa and Preziosi are one of the teams concerned with money and hit by crisis like many south italian teams (roma, lazio, napoli, etc...), but in good health like the other north italian teams (milan , inter, juventus..etc..).
Bye and good luck !
Genoa 1893 cricket and football club

Raoul Duke
22-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Welcome to the BBS Kronos - and thanks for the information.

sydney eagle
22-11-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by kronos
Hi, I'm a Genoa Supporter, and if it helps, I can give you further details:
Diego Milito (24 years old) has come to Genoa in january'04, from Racing (buenos aires) for 3 millions dollars, has two years more in his contract with our team, until now has played 32 matches and scored 22 goals in Serie B (recorded a consecutively 8 matches in goal); Milito has played 7 matches in Argentine national team scoring 3 goals. Genoa is now going to Serie A with the best defense and the best attack (of course with Milito goals..), He lives in Arenzano (near genoa) in a big house on the sea, his brother plays in spain as centre defence, Our team chairman is Preziosi, a very rich man who does control the monopoly of of all toys and games (kid games) in italy, production, import, export and toys center stores . Preziosi (other than Genoa) has over 40 players on contract spreaded over Serie A and Serie B, and has 40% of another serie B team(modena), as well is now acquiring (on monday 22 nov) the 90% of another team (Como). I do not think Genoa and Preziosi are one of the teams concerned with money and hit by crisis like many south italian teams (roma, lazio, napoli, etc...), but in good health like the other north italian teams (milan , inter, juventus..etc..).
Bye and good luck !
Genoa 1893 cricket and football club Welcome to the BBS kronos and thanks for the information.From your post it looks like Milito's goal ratio is outstanding.Do you think he could do a good job in the english premiership? is he fast/skillful? or is he simply a good goal poacher? what good and bad points are there about him from a fans point of view?

sorry about the 20 questions:D:p

kronos
23-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Hi again,

>From your post it looks like Milito's goal ratio is outstanding.
I think his ratio so far it's around a goal every 113 minutes. And believe me it's a great ratio in italian soccer...

>Do you think he could do a good job in the english premiership?
Dunno! He's new even for us. I can surely say he find himself almost at home in Genoa, he can do speak italian very well and has now acquired a second citizenship here in Italy (now he's E.U.) as his grand-grandfather was italian. He's nickname is "o Principe" (the Prince).

>is he fast/skillful? or is he simply a good goal poacher?
Milito's not a centre forward, he likes to go around on the whole attack and he helps also in centre field, he use both feet (natural lefty) and he says he likes to be an assist man; not so fast but a good runner.

>what good and bad points are there about him from a fans point of view?
Very technique, magnetic feet, an hypnotizing dribbling, not so good with high balls with head (even if he's tall), has very good game vision, cunning, does not forgive. Must play with another centre forward as not to be bloked by defences. Many times did not play 90 minutes, cause he moves a lot up and down.

-of course this is a supporter point of view...-
bye

BW_Palace
23-11-2004, 08:20 AM
He sounds very good indeed (even if I think you overhyped him a little ;)). I liked the sound of:

Milito's not a centre forward, he likes to go around on the whole attack and he helps also in centre field, he use both feet (natural lefty) and he says he likes to be an assist man; not so fast but a good runner.

Sounds like someone in the Dougie mold - but possibly better. ;)

mojoeagle
23-11-2004, 08:34 AM
What could of been..

pedro
23-11-2004, 09:17 AM
I think it might be time to dispense with these foreign targets as we are not exactly getting value for money. The jury is still out on Kolkka and even more so on Speroni,Torghelle is nothing more than a fringe player, Kaviedes cannot even make the bench whilst Ventola and Sorrondo both picked up medium term injuries the moment they got near the first team. The only pre season signing that looks half decent is Kiraly but at least we have got Aki ! :p

BW_Palace
23-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Isn't Kaviedes injured?

Chief Brody
23-11-2004, 09:26 AM
The jury on Kolkka may be out as far as your concerned but the verdict has been delivered from my point of view. :p

Zimmer
23-11-2004, 10:53 AM
kolkka's proved himself in leaps and bounds in recent matches. Milito sounds exactly like kaviedes

Trist
23-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Zimmer
kolkka's proved himself in leaps and bounds in recent matches. Milito sounds exactly like kaviedes
That's what I thought too!

Good goal record in a foreign league, not a center forward and like to create and play off another striker, very good technique, excellent feet, hypnotizing dribbling, good vision. This is exactly the same description as Ivan got when he came!

Only differences is he hasn't got the (at least we haven't heard) disciplinary problems that Ivan's allegedly got.

pedro
23-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Chief Brody
The jury on Kolkka may be out as far as your concerned but the verdict has been delivered from my point of view. :p
The jury is not out as far as I am concerned, in my opinion he is just not good enough. I know people say he is improving every week but there is not enough weeks in the year for him to improve sufficiently unless, like Sam Allardyce, he has a 10 year contract.

Clapham Grand
23-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by pedro
The jury is not out as far as I am concerned, in my opinion he is just not good enough. I know people say he is improving every week but there is not enough weeks in the year for him to improve sufficiently unless, like Sam Allardyce, he has a 10 year contract.

so harsh!

Zohar Returns
23-11-2004, 02:13 PM

I think Kolka is starting to look a good player. Great goal V's Liverpool and milimetres away from scoring a corker against Newcastle (after skining 2 players).

Palaceboy222
23-11-2004, 04:49 PM
What are you on about? Kolkka has more than proved himelf, i had my douts earlier in the year but since watsons come in and we've been able to use him, he's been brill

zonin2000
23-11-2004, 04:52 PM
pedro doesn't like left wingers.

kronos
24-11-2004, 01:12 AM
I don't know how it goes on for now in your team, but in Italy Ivan Kaviedes was literally a scam. That's not only my point of view, you can see the numbers of kaviedes in Italy: not really good technique - not really a good scorer - he went to Serie B with Perugia (where he was a second choice) and then he got fired. No worth comparing him to Diego Milito, at all.

Genoa 1893 Cricket and Football club

BW_Palace
24-11-2004, 08:27 AM
But didn't Kaviedes score a few goals?

theking78
25-11-2004, 09:21 PM
You can find a few goals scored by Milito at http://www.forzagenoa.com/gol33.zip

and

http://www.forzagenoa.com/permi.zip

Alan

zonin2000
25-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Two great finishes there.

The boy's no oil painting, however :).

zonin2000
25-11-2004, 09:59 PM
10 goals in 14 games this season in Serie B, as well as 12 in 20 last season is not bad. Having said that, both Andrea Silenzi and Corrado Grabbi were top scorers in Serie B the season before coming to England.

If people say that the Premiership isn't comparable with Serie A or la Primera Division, then I think that the Championship is even less comparable with Serie B or the Segunda Division.

Funnily enough, on Genoa's official site, underneath the club badge the text reads 'Genoa Cricket and Football Club'. And despite having a St George's flag incorporated into their badge, there is no English section to their website.

zonin2000
25-11-2004, 10:00 PM
And of course, Genoa are another red 'n blue club.

Good luck for the rest of the season theking and kronos, I hope you guys get promoted!

Small town in Sampdoria, you're just a small town in Sampdoria... ;)

Webb
25-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Good article in the recent Echo about a Genoa and Palace fan.

theking78
25-11-2004, 10:20 PM
This is a football site and not an historic one but...it seems there'a connection between the flag used by the city of Genoa and the english flag :

Although St. George was known in England in the 5th Century and his legend was brought back to England by stories from the 1st crusade, there is no mention of the 'Cross of St. George'. If, as I am led to believe, Richard the Lionheart (1189-1199) saw a vision of St. George with a red cross banner, I can only assume that Richard brought back the red cross. This seems to be at odds with the history of the Genoa flag where Filipo Nocetti gives information that English ships bore the cross so as to have safe passage into the port of Genoa, subsequently paying the King for this safe passage. Filipo gives the year 1190 some 9 years before Richard returned, so if our Italian correspondent is correct then the 'Cross of St. George' would have been seen in England before the second

Alan
Another Genoa supporter

Crunchie
26-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by theking78
Richard the Lionheart (1189-1199)

Blimey, he got alot done in 10 years ! :clown:

Lambeth Palace
26-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by kronos
I don't know how it goes on for now in your team, but in Italy Ivan Kaviedes was literally a scam. That's not only my point of view, you can see the numbers of kaviedes in Italy: not really good technique - not really a good scorer - he went to Serie B with Perugia (where he was a second choice) and then he got fired. No worth comparing him to Diego Milito, at all.

Genoa 1893 Cricket and Football club

The same can be said of his time in Spain and, so far, England.

He has scored lots of goals in South America and hardly played anywhere else.

GreatGonzo
26-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Anyone ever dream that we would be fighting Real Madrid for a player?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=240096&CPID=23&CLID=&lid=8&title=Real+chase+Milito

Lambeth Palace
26-11-2004, 11:08 AM
3 million euros + Morientes! Pah, I'm sure they'd rather have Shipps.

GreatGonzo
26-11-2004, 11:15 AM
So if they are rejecting 1.5m + Morientes i am guessing they would be looking for at least 7-8m! Bit out of our price range i think!

smileysmith
26-11-2004, 11:29 AM

At Anfield were you?

etu
26-11-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm sure Morientes would like like to go to a non-European playing club as well...:clown:

However, I do think this means he would be ever so slightly our of price range. Nice to see some ambition though.

BW_Palace
26-11-2004, 12:35 PM
He was the subject of a failed bid from Crystal Palace during the summer, while Lazio, Juventus, Milan, Villarreal and Portsmouth are also among his admirers.

Wow, Juve, Milan and Madrid...who woulda thought it? :D

dufski13
27-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Kolka has really turned it around in my mind. looks a good player now. doesn't give the ball away too much, even if he is less dynamic than Julian Gray. On what i have seen (away at Norwich & Charlton ) Torghelle looks like a player of some potential, much to learn, but real potential. Not sure about Kaviedes granted, but this guy seems good. but i guess now out of our reach maybe. But see no reason to stop looking at foreign players.

Justy C
27-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Anyone ever dream that we would be fighting Real Madrid for a player?

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=240096&CPID=23&CLID=&lid=8&title=Real+chase+Milito

No, never.

Especially considering where we were 12 months ago.

Loving it.

Crystal Palace who?

Read the newspapers and websites.

Love it.

theking78
27-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Guys,

I don't think Milito's going to come to your team.

Forgeddaboudit!!!

Tommy Pickle
27-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by theking78
Guys,

I don't think Milito's going to come to your team.

Forgeddaboudit!!!

Nah i don't think so either. No harm in being optimistic tho.

zonin2000
22-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Playing well tonight. Sign him up.

whereEaglesFly
22-05-2010, 08:20 PM
If only

Stigma
22-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Damn "the one that got away"..not.
Guess if we bought him instead of Torghelle and Kavides then we would have been in the premiership still...hmm.

ThisIsDoM
22-05-2010, 08:54 PM
He reminded me a bit of Alan Lee!

BulletEagle
22-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Shit.

HorshamEagle
22-05-2010, 09:00 PM
How good was Molito tonight??!

Yeah, imagine if we'd have signed him and Cahill in the end... SJ the tightwad highly strung ladyboy had the opportunity

BulletEagle
22-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Potential team:

Speroni

Boyce - Hall - Sorondo - Granville

Routledge - Cahill - Carrick - Kolkka

AJ - Milito

Stigma
22-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Potential team:

Speroni

Boyce - Hall - Sorondo - Granville

Routledge - Cahill - Carrick - Kolkka

AJ - Milito

Ouch..:(

the digger
22-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Don't forget to fit Ashton into that team, he would never have got injured with the rotation policy we would have been able to use with that squad.

glaziers fan
23-05-2010, 12:12 AM
and zamora. We were unlucky with signings when last in the prem.

Hedgehog
23-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Nugent on the bench I guess.

cpfc4evandeva
23-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Where would Deco go?

Reps AJ
23-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Where would Deco go?

^^^

This is the key for me

CPFC_DAVE77
23-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Was Torghelle second choice, or is this bloke more like Kaviedes, or dare I suggest Wayne Andrews??

This made me laugh, not laughing at you, Scroatey. Just watching highlights of last nights final, seeing him slot the second in thinking, he is just a poor man's Wayne Andrews!

gold76
23-05-2010, 10:13 AM
This made me laugh, not laughing at you, Scroatey. Just watching highlights of last nights final, seeing him slot the second in thinking, he is just a poor man's Wayne Andrews!

:D

cpfc4evandeva
23-05-2010, 01:53 PM
In fairness to Super Wayne, his solitary goal was probably one of the finest strikes I've ever seen at Selhurst Park :)

cpfc4evandeva
23-05-2010, 02:03 PM
xNj_dG4nxVc

Fastforward to 0:35.

The celebration is just class :D

macstar
23-05-2010, 02:22 PM
xNj_dG4nxVc

Fastforward to 0:35.

The celebration is just class :D

palace playing with pace? cor i remember those days

cpfc4evandeva
23-05-2010, 02:26 PM
With that team we should have gone up easily. All too often Dowie resorted to the long ball.

Aaroncpfc
23-05-2010, 02:31 PM
No doubt if we had signed him he would have turned out to be just as useful as Ventola.

Jim Cannon
23-05-2010, 02:35 PM
No doubt if we had signed him he would have turned out to be just as useful as Ventola.
And yet despite being injured practically all season, if we hadn't lost concentration in the dying seconds against Southampton, his solitary goal would have kept us up:sob:

BulletEagle
23-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Those were the days...

Aaroncpfc
23-05-2010, 02:38 PM
And yet despite being injured practically all season, if we hadn't lost concentration in the dying seconds against Southampton, his solitary goal would have kept us up:sob:

Bloody hell. How on earth did I forget that? Was one of the best and worst moments I felt as a Palace fan in one match!

davemorris04
24-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Anyone else think Milito looks like a cross between Sylvester Stallone and Al Pacino in Scarface?!

Vince Hilaire's Afro
24-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Poor Milito.

As he caresses his Champion's League winner's medal, and the champagne begins to settle on his stomach, how he must rue the day he missed out on signing for us.

limited_edition
25-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Anyone else think Milito looks like a cross between Sylvester Stallone and Al Pacino in Scarface?!Yep. I certainly do.

EagleSE24
25-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I hate Danny Higginbotham. That is all.

karl.eldridge
25-05-2010, 02:16 PM
I hate Danny Higginbotham. That is all.

:love: :lux:

NateEagle
25-05-2010, 02:27 PM
God I love AJ!!! That video brings back fond memories of a brief period where we could just be happy :-)

the kooch
26-05-2010, 07:49 AM
He has promised to punish the Eagles: http://allafrica.com/stories/201005250349.html

NathanCPFCD
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
If this had gone through!!

BulletEagle
14-10-2010, 09:27 PM
He sounds very good indeed (even if I think you overhyped him a little ;)). I liked the sound of:

Sounds like someone in the Dougie mold - but possibly better. ;)
Overhyped :D