PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Elliott!?!?

rossi18
24-10-2004, 10:16 AM
In the sunday mirror it says that IF routledge goes then we are in for the youngster of millskum called Marvin Elliott as a replacement

davematt
24-10-2004, 10:20 AM
They are gettign confussed me thinks. Marvin Elliot is a right full back, and we have two quality players in that position. Me thinks it will be Paul Ifill to replace Wayne IF he leaves.

Adrian
24-10-2004, 10:21 AM
There's no smoke without fire..............
:confused:

Isle of Wight
24-10-2004, 10:22 AM
What have I missed???? :eek: "IF he goes" where?? Whats this all about?

davematt
24-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Isle of Wight
What have I missed???? :eek: "IF he goes" where?? Whats this all about?

It is probably a matter of WHEN, not IF. It does look like Wayne has his heart set on a move to Spurs. He is not interested in negotiating a new contract, and we will be forced to sell in January to get a good price. I would love Wayne to stay here, and I think for his long term future, staying here is so important for him, as Iain Dowie could develop him into a top player, and in 3-4 years time he could go on and sign for a Bigger club than Spurs, but the lure of outrageous money & playing for a so called big ''Premiership'' club has got him dreaming. Losing Wayne would be a monumentous blow for this club, but we will certainly have the money to bring in a TOP draw replacement.

mainstandeagle
24-10-2004, 10:34 AM
How much money?

Aray
24-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by davematt
It is probably a matter of WHEN, not IF. It does look like Wayne has his heart set on a move to Spurs. He is not interested in negotiating a new contract, and we will be forced to sell in January to get a good price. I would love Wayne to stay here, and I think for his long term future, staying here is so important for him, as Iain Dowie could develop him into a top player, and in 3-4 years time he could go on and sign for a Bigger club than Spurs, but the lure of outrageous money & playing for a so called big ''Premiership'' club has got him dreaming. Losing Wayne would be a monumentous blow for this club, but we will certainly have the money to bring in a TOP draw replacement. Routledge going would be a blow but not a monumentous one. Dowie or AJ now those would be massive blows. The one thing I thought about yesterday's game was that we didn't need Wayne to play a blinder to win. He played ok but others were more instrumental. The sum is greater than the parts...So this Elliot chap is a full back?

Gooders
24-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Interesting that I heard a number of people yesterday commenting that Spurs were in dire need of "a Wright-Phillips type player", without naming Wayne directly.

davematt
24-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Aray
Routledge going would be a blow but not a monumentous one. Dowie or AJ now those would be massive blows. The one thing I thought about yesterday's game was that we didn't need Wayne to play a blinder to win. He played ok but others were more instrumental. The sum is greater than the parts...So this Elliot chap is a full back?

Elliot was a central midfielder, but has been playing full back this season. Definetly a great talent, very athletic player with good pace and good vision. Would be a good buy, and would have Millwall fans up in arms!!!, But he would not be the replacement for Wayne.

oz_da II
24-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Me thinks it will be Paul Ifill to replace Wayne IF he leaves.

I hope you are wrong. Too injury prone for my liking. Not good enough either.

davematt
24-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by oz_da II
I hope you are wrong. Too injury prone for my liking. Not good enough either.

Ifill is unpredictable, but I like him as a player. There are a few possible replacements for Wayne, but we will have to wait for January to see how this all develops!

HARRY MONK
24-10-2004, 12:40 PM
why does everyone think routledge is so f#cking good, hes not bad but his lack of defensive cover and ability to retain possesion leave alot to be desired.

davematt
24-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by HARRY MONK
why does everyone think routledge is so f#cking good, hes not bad but his lack of defensive cover and ability to retain possesion leave alot to be desired.

10 Premiership games = 5 assists. That says it all. I would rather have Wayne than not have him. He has that X Factor that a team like ours needs. He is a special talent.

PalaceSi
24-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Personally i'm not going to have sleepless nights about loosing Routledge. He seems to have a Gray/ Morrison i'm bigger than the Palace attitude about him so if he wants to play for Spurs reserves let him and we can can replace him with a forward who might score an occasional goal. He's certainly a talent and has nice skills but he's defensively week, looses the ball a lot, his crossing is poor generally and if he doesn't want to play for us there's others that can offer a lot more.

Gooders
24-10-2004, 01:07 PM
I love watching Wayne on a going day - he's superb.

Wouldn't lose one wink of sleep if he left though.

eagles #1
24-10-2004, 02:17 PM
the millwall fans rate Elliot highly, but then that probably isnt sayin much!

Latvian Eagle
24-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't know why people get so wound up! After all we have Lakis. ;)

AJ
24-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle

and Tommy Black :eek:

Nelson Muntz
24-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by PalaceSi
He seems to have a Morrison i'm bigger than the Palace attitude about him
Morrison did nothing wrong. He didn't want to leave Palace and still supports the club when he doesn't have a game himself.
After your posts about not wanting AJ scoring too many goals on another thread I've come to the conclusion that you are either very young or very stupid. I hope it's the former.

El Aguila
24-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Morrison did nothing wrong. He didn't want to leave Palace and still supports the club when he doesn't have a game himself.

And I've seen no evidence that Routledge doesn't care or wants to leave, either. What is obvious is that the best manager we've had in years rates him very highly (plays him as first choice every week since he arrived) and will try very hard to keep him.

Lion
24-10-2004, 04:20 PM
He seems to have a Gray/ Morrison i'm bigger than the Palace attitude about him so if he wants to play for Spurs reserves let him and we can can replace him with a forward who might score an occasional goal.

Don't forget that it wasn't long ago that people on this board were convinced that Dowie would be going to Blackburn and Leeds before that.

Just because a few people on here say that Routledge is going, it doesn't make it true.

King William
24-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I would rather have Wayne than not have him.

winner of the most obvious post of the year:D

Jay_Palace
24-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Lion
Don't forget that it wasn't long ago that people on this board were convinced that Dowie would be going to Blackburn and Leeds before that.

Just because a few people on here say that Routledge is going, it doesn't make it true.

Spot on.

No one knows what is going on, Dowie seems to think that he can keep him at Palace, so no need to panic yet.

Clapham Grand
24-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle

Indeed. And Kolkka could go right-wing and Kily Gonzales on the left in Jan if he comes here?

cpfc_spc1982
24-10-2004, 05:43 PM
hardly a replacement elliot is a defensive midfielder.tidy player though.

AndyStreet
24-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Personally i'm not going to have sleepless nights about loosing Routledge. He seems to have a Gray/ Morrison i'm bigger than the Palace attitude about him so if he wants to play for Spurs reserves let him and we can can replace him with a forward who might score an occasional goal. He's certainly a talent and has nice skills but he's defensively week, looses the ball a lot, his crossing is poor generally and if he doesn't want to play for us there's others that can offer a lot more.

Ahh the Palace inferiority complex strikes again.

Gazz
24-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Routledge has set up 6 goals he would be a big loss to us imo.

muswell eagle
24-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Why will he go in Jan? He is so young that we will get a tribunal fee whenever he goes, so unless Spurs make an offer we can't refuse, we might as well keep him until the summer.

cpfc_spc1982
24-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by muswell eagle
Why will he go in Jan? He is so young that we will get a tribunal fee whenever he goes, so unless Spurs make an offer we can't refuse, we might as well keep him until the summer.

the tribunal fee wouldnt represent his market value.

arussell
24-10-2004, 11:57 PM
We already have an international right winger called Lakis, who will be ready to replace Wayne when he departs elsewhere for reserve team football.

And he's not bad either.

Isle of Wight
25-10-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace

No one knows what is going on, Dowie seems to think that he can keep him at Palace, so no need to panic yet.
That makes me feel better
I thought it was just me that hadn't a clue:p

Ruskin Old Boy
25-10-2004, 09:20 AM
A Spurs colleague tells me that the rumour at WHL on Saturday was that in return for Wayne Palace get upwards of 3m plus a certain Ricketts :eek:

Lee B
25-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
A Spurs colleague tells me that the rumour at WHL on Saturday was that in return for Wayne Palace get upwards of 3m plus a certain Ricketts :eek:

Much as I'd hate to see him go, (as I believe that he is going to develop into a top, top player) I don't thnk that we'll get a better offer than that if he doesn't sign a new contract.

The rumours on here are that Wayne's upset that he wasn't offered a new contract when we went up, if that's the case you can't help but think that we've shot ourselves in the foot again with this one.

Would he get in above Simon Davies at Spurs?

Ruskin Old Boy
25-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Lee B

Would he get in above Simon Davies at Spurs?

The way I heard it was that they reckon Wayne will give them real width on the right. Weird.

GreatGonzo
25-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy

Good deal IMHO Rohan Ricketts showed a lot of promise early on last year, scored a couple of goals too. To get him and 3m would be smart business or 4m+

cpfc_spc1982
25-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Good deal IMHO Rohan Ricketts showed a lot of promise early on last year, scored a couple of goals too. To get him and 3m would be smart business or 4m+

i agree.

magician
26-10-2004, 06:27 AM
hate to see wayne go but 3m plus ricketts is good business,only if wayne has expressed a desire to leave though
having watched the england holland u-20's you realise what a special talent we have on our right wing

Gooders
26-10-2004, 07:05 AM
Cracking player, young Wayne - but I have the strong feeling that like his big buddy, he sees his future elsewhere.

cpfcben
26-10-2004, 07:16 AM
.........love wayne to bits, but have prepeared by mself for the invetitable. (spurs of all places!!!!!)

Cleon
26-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Look, I'll believe this transfer when I see it. Yes, if Routledge's choice is between playing for Palace in 'The Championship' and Tottenham in 'The Premiership', then I can see why he might choose to leave. But if both teams are in The Premiership, then surely Wayne would want to work with Iain Dowie rather than Jacques Santini!!!!

I think he's keeping his options open. But he's definitely a player we want to keep - 5 assists in 10 games says it all really.

75points
08-11-2004, 10:24 PM
very good up and down midfielder - could develop but not sure if he is that much better than Soares - very similar.

SIKO
10-11-2004, 01:12 PM
I reckon he will be here in January:p

jordanismygod
10-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Do Millwall fans rate him?

hernehilleagle
10-11-2004, 05:05 PM
I too think he will come in January

BUNGLE
10-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by jordanismygod
Do Millwall fans rate him?

The one's I know certainly don't want him to leave.