PDA

View Full Version : Johnson To Scouseland Combined Rumour Mill

Lion
26-10-2004, 05:09 AM
Here's a copy of an MSN conversation that I had last night - was debating all night if I should post this or not and decided I would.

The person I was speaking to is a hardcore Everton fan - he isn't the kind of person to makes things up, but I have no idea who his sources are.

Ste Daley says:
do you want the good news or the bad news?
James says:
both lol
Ste Daley says:
which first?
James says:
bad
Ste Daley says:
Were chasing AJ's signature
James says:
LMAO
James says:
that;s some funny ****
Ste Daley says:
laugh all you want
Ste Daley says:
the good news is ... its unlikely to happen until you go down :~
James says:
We're not going down and he just signed a 5 year deal
Ste Daley says:
so?
James says:
so you aint got a hope in hell fella
Ste Daley says:
deals .. 5 years or otherwise dont mean ****

The conversation went on from there with me telling him it won't happen due to AJ being happy at Palace, and saying the only way he would leave would be if Dowie left first.

I'm pretty sure he won't leave, but that being the case it doesn't mean that Everton are not interested in him - I imagine a new clubs are!

CallMeBernard
26-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Unfortunately he's right about contracts not meaning much in football these days. :(
And with his goal-scoring record, interest in AJ was bound to occur at some point or another.
I hope that AJ stays, but if he does leave please don't go to an Everton- type club. At least go to Champions League club, which would be a serious step up. And go for oooooooodles of cash.

But I don't think he is going anywhere just yet. :lux:

hugosabin
26-10-2004, 05:47 AM
He is not going to be leaving in January that is for certain. What happens at the end of the season is another matter, if we go down it is likely someone will come in for him. If we stay up there is a good chance he will stay unless it is a big offer that is too good to refuse for all concerned.

Benzhiyi
26-10-2004, 07:23 AM
Said it before, said it again, if we are relegated someone will offer big enough money to tempt Jordan - and thus I'd be surprised if AJ turned down a move to a bigger club.

Stay up and it won't be a problem. ;) :)

Gooders
26-10-2004, 07:26 AM
Everton can't afford AJ. Moyes will be given only a fraction of the Rooney money.

Just a thought.

Lion
26-10-2004, 07:27 AM
I thought Everton were being given a cash injection by some Russian fella of about 30m? Think Moyles has been told that he can use most of the Rooney money to re-invest in players.

I'm sure I read that in the news, but I could be wrong!

Pub Idol
26-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Everton are shit. Its only matter of time before they descend into freefall. AJ is staying. The only way he will leave is if he gets a big head and turns in to Charlie big potatoes. No sign of this happening so far:)

Neil
26-10-2004, 07:40 AM
Radio One DJ in managing Premiership Football Club shocker!! :)

jazman
26-10-2004, 07:45 AM
AJ wouldn't better himself by going to Everton. Their league position is better at the moment but that won't last.

davematt
26-10-2004, 07:55 AM
No Chance. A move to everton would be pointless. I can only see AJ leaving us for 6-7 clubs, 5 being the so called big boys, Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, or Chelsea. The only others that could come in for him are Boro, Villa, or Bolton. The spuds dont need him, so there no worry.

Maidstoned Eagle
26-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Didn't we say all this about Clinton going to Birmingham? If another club comes in with a good enough offer, AJ will go. Like it or not.

davematt
26-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
Didn't we say all this about Clinton going to Birmingham? If another club comes in with a good enough offer, AJ will go. Like it or not.

Completly different situation. Clinton was playing for Palace as a 1st Division Club going know where under a very poor manager. AJ is playing for Palace in the Premiership with the club going forward with the best young manager in the country. Why is everyone getting so paranoid? He is going know where this season so lets wait till the summer and see what happens.

marky1919
26-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Dowie said it would have to be a big club, and err Everton are a small club. He's staying! Yeah!

Lords Eagle
26-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle

But the good news is that the offer would have to be a King's ransom according to Dowie, and contracts do mean something in bargaining terms with transfers, he's just signed a 5 year, which maens we'd require loads of dosh :)

Will S
26-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Does anyone seriously imagine, contract or not, AJ will be playing for Palace next year if we go down? And in fairness to him...at his current rate of progress, would you want him to?

nookiebear
26-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Dowie says in today's paper that AJ is 'not for sale'

David of Kent
26-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Whatever Dowie says ANY player is for sale if the money and the club is right. Hypothetically if Arsenal wanted AJ in the transfer window and offered £20m then he would probably be for sale. Any player has a price, the good thing is that being in the Premier and with a five year deal signed (albeit we don't know for certain if there are any clauses attached) we are able to deter the likes of Everton. Clubs such as them would be unlikely to pay such a sum on just one player.

Lion
26-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Will S
Does anyone seriously imagine, contract or not, AJ will be playing for Palace next year if we go down? And in fairness to him...at his current rate of progress, would you want him to?

All depends who goes in for him - if someone tried to sign him for 4/5m for example, I could easily see that being rejected - if it was more towards 15m then it would be a different story.

It all depends on how much Jordan feels that AJ is worth to Palace's chances of winning games.

BUNGLE
26-10-2004, 09:53 AM
I think as long as Dowie is here Johnson will be as well.

TheCharmer
26-10-2004, 09:53 AM
at the moment a pointless thread. People worrying for the sake of it....

Lion
26-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Why is it a pointless thread? An Everton Supporter with good sources in the club has told me that Everton are after AJ - That could even be the reason that Dowie has said he is not for sale.

This is the TRANSFER forum to talk about possible TRANSFERS and this holds as much weight as any other post in here.

davematt
26-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Lion
Why is it a pointless thread? An Everton Supporter with good sources in the club has told me that Everton are after AJ - That could even be the reason that Dowie has said he is not for sale.

This is the TRANSFER forum to talk about possible TRANSFERS and this holds as much weight as any other post in here.

Chelsea are interested in Thierry Henry, but you aint got Arsenal fans getting worried over it.

toucaneagle
26-10-2004, 10:03 AM
....And if AJ gets an England call up against Spain, how much will that add to his price. He ain't going as long as Dowie is at Palace.

palace_burger
26-10-2004, 10:08 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/3953741.stm

Maidstoned Eagle
26-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by davematt
Completly different situation. Clinton was playing for Palace as a 1st Division Club going know where under a very poor manager. AJ is playing for Palace in the Premiership with the club going forward with the best young manager in the country. Why is everyone getting so paranoid? He is going know where this season so lets wait till the summer and see what happens.

No, its not a different situation. Regardless of who our manager was at the time, we were all saying that Clinton wouldn't and shouldn't sign for a team like Bimingham, but an offer came in and away he went.

Beanie
26-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Will S
Yes. I think he will - indeed I think that the only people who might leave at the end of the season even if we go down are those out of contract and those ID chooses to release. ID is a realsits and I believe he will have been honest with the players about the chances of staying up. If AJ had any inclination to leave if we go down then siginng the contract was a crazy thing to do as it will strengthen Palace's hand when it comes to a fee. With one year left on his contract it would have far easier to leave than with 4.

davematt
26-10-2004, 10:11 AM
There is more chance of America pulling out their troops from Iraq than AJ being sold during the January Transfer window.

GUCCI Eagle
26-10-2004, 10:20 AM
The key to where Johnson is playing is where Dowie is managing. It's quite clear to see.

Captain Pizza
26-10-2004, 10:25 AM
One thing's certain: When the third place team in the premiership are playing with a lone striker, and (with the greatest respect) that striker is Marcus Bent, they will certainly be in the market for a striker come January.

eagles #1
26-10-2004, 10:26 AM
the thing that makes me feel good is that we know tha AJ loves ID and im sure he loves the club almost as much as we do. aslong as ID is here im confident AJ will be aswell.

davematt
26-10-2004, 10:28 AM
I don't think he will leave until the summer at the EARLIEST, but I am awaiting a sunday morning exclusive back page headline over the next few weeks...

Liverpool & Newcastle chasing 8 million AJ

You can guarantee this will happen.

TheCharmer
26-10-2004, 11:08 AM

Or maybe he s just winding you up and you took the bait?

Lion
26-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
Or maybe he s just winding you up and you took the bait?

Nope.

davematt
26-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Lion is probably right. Everton are probably looking at AJ, but they are probably looking at another 20 players in the same way. I guarantee that Everton will be looking at every top striker in the country outside the top 5 clubs, so we have nothing to worry about. Also, if teams were not looking at AJ I would be worried. He is doing great and clubs will be looking at him, but looking and getting are two different things.

DaveTuttles
26-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Also, cant see Jordan selling to Everton after the Cahill fiasco. Sod em

rhiannapaul
26-10-2004, 11:28 AM
8 million aint enuff Everton got loads for Rooney the looney we will sell for nothing less than 12 million and only if we go down

davematt
26-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Despite their great start, Everton are not exactly a great long term club. Their best player, Graveson is 99.9% certain to leave in the summer, and they still have big debts, despite the sale of Rooney. If AJ did consider leaving, he would be better moving to the club on the other side of Stanley park.

CP Satellite
26-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Where's the big deal here? Everytime Palace have a player of proven ability at the top level, he is no longer Palace's property. We could be talking about Ian Wright, Nigel Martyn, Matt Jansen, Wayne Routledge, AJ or who knows, in a few months, Ben Watson may be the new Wayne Rooney.

We've seen it all before and the only way to delay what will probably be an inevitable move some day is for Palace to make as much progress as possible in maintaining Premiership status and bringing in the sort of income that will make selling AJ less of a necessity. Let's enjoy the profile that AJ is creating for himself and Palace and deal with the fall out of any possible move when it comes. A year ago, we would be mortified if Dougie Freedman left us, now....?

tommygear
26-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Dowie said it would take the King's ransom to tempt him away. He's not ugly enough to play for Man Utd, not enough of a tw*t to play for Newcastle, Too English to play for Arsenal and Chelsea, and too much of a Cockney W*nker to play for Liverpool. Eveton are sh*t, if Spironi hadn't decided to display his Darren Pitcher style skills we would hhave stuffed em. AJ will Stay, Horray!!!!!!!!

Sussex Eagle
26-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Well, Lion you got it wrong on AJ's contract & Petit despite saying you were pretty damn certain, so I'll rest easy tonight ;) As long as we're in the Premiership and Iain Dowie is the manager, I think AJ will at least stay here for the next 3-5 years. Only if one or more of those conditions goes out the window, then a club like Everton might tempt him, imo.

EagleSE24
26-10-2004, 05:04 PM
I think he'll stay even if we go down. Just as Martyn, Southgate, Coleman, Gordon, Armstrong etc all agreed to stay and get us back up at first attempt in '94, I think the current team will do the same if the circumstances warrant.

Sussex Eagle
26-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Quite possible SE24 - though if AJ keeps this up and gets 20+ goals this season and we somehow still went down, he might be in a rather unique position and get some big offers. But he seems a loyal type, and I believe he'll be here a while yet.

Gooders
26-10-2004, 05:23 PM
If we went down and he left he would move on with my blessing. He has been a model professional at Palace and puts it all in, week-in week-out. He's the best thing that has happened to Palace for years and years.

I happen to think that if he maintains his current level of progress, there will be far bigger and better clubs than Everton in for him.

And by the way, Ron Noades says that "Palace are bigger than Everton". :)

Shipp Ahoy!
26-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Is anyone suprised?

It was only time before some thread like this started.

nomad
30-10-2004, 08:13 PM

Completely agree, apart from the spelling!! Anyway, at the risk of upsetting a few people, Morrison isn't Premiership quality and isn't a patch on AJ. Don't miss either him or Gray.

AJ
30-10-2004, 08:32 PM
If AJ had scored 8 goals for the whole of last season, he would have finished joint 28th top scorer in the Prem...the following got 8 or less ALL of last season. Full list is at http://www.soccerage.com/en/27/04572.html

8 Darius Vassell Aston Villa
8 Luis Boa Morte Fulham
8 Tomasz Radzinski Everton
8 Osvaldo Giroldo Junior Juninho Paulista Middlesbrough
8 Szilard Nemeth Middlesbrough
7 Louis Saha Manchester United
7 Henrick Pedersen Bolton
7 Frederic Kanoute Tottenham Hotspur
7 Jermaine Defoe Tottenham Hotspur
7 Ryan Giggs Manchester United
7 Henri Camara Wolverhampton Wanderers
7 Shola Ameobi Newcastle
7 Robbie Fowler Manchester City
7 Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City
7 Harry Kewell Liverpool
7 Emile Heskey Liverpool
6 Jonathan Stead Blackburn Rovers
6 Eidur Smari Gudjohnsen Chelsea
6 Adrian Mutu Chelsea
6 Paulo Wanchope Manchester City
6 Laurent Robert Newcastle
6 Matthew Holland Charlton Athletic
6 1 Steed Malbranque Fulham
6 1 Massimo Maccarone Middlesbrough
6 Joseph Desire Job Middlesbrough
5 Sean Davis Fulham
5 Brett Ryan Ormerod Southampton
5 1 Duncan Ferguson Everton
5 Steve Watson Everton
5 Shaun Bartlett Charlton Athletic
5 Antoine Sibierski Manchester City
5 James Scowcroft Leicester
5 Carl Cort Wolverhampton Wanderers
5 Alex Rae Wolverhampton Wanderers
5 Patrik Berger Portsmouth
5 3 Danny Murphy Liverpool
4 1 Steven Gerrard Liverpool
4 Sami Hyypia Liverpool
4 Dwight Yorke Blackburn Rovers
4 Lomana Tresor Lua-Lua Portsmouth
4 Damien Duff Chelsea
4 Kevin Lisbie Charlton Athletic
4 Jonatan Johansson Charlton Athletic
4 1 Colin Cameron Wolverhampton Wanderers
4 Craig Bellamy Newcastle
4 Clinton Morrison Birmingham
4 3 Paolo Di Canio Charlton Athletic
4 Carlton Cole Charlton Athletic
4 Steffen Iversen Wolverhampton Wanderers
4 Claus Jensen Charlton Athletic
4 Stern John Birmingham
4 Brian McBride Fulham
4 Barry Hayles Fulham
4 Diego Forlan Manchester United
4 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United
4 Ivan Campo Bolton
4 Peter Crouch Aston Villa
4 Boudewijn Zenden Middlesbrough
4 Aparecido Gilberto Silva Arsenal
4 Patrick Vieira Arsenal
4 Dennis Nicolaas Bergkamp Arsenal
4 Fredrik Ljungberg Arsenal
3 Sylvain Wiltord Arsenal
3 Stéphane Dalmat Tottenham Hotspur
3 Thomas Hitzlsperger Aston Villa
3 Dion Dublin Aston Villa
3 Bruno N'Gotty Bolton
3 Collins John Fulham
3 Gustavo Poyet Tottenham Hotspur
3 Roy Keane Manchester United
3 1 Gareth Barry Aston Villa
3 David Unsworth Everton
3 Kevin Kilbane Everton
3 Michael Duberry Leeds United
3 James Milner Leeds United
3 Michael Tarnat Manchester City
3 Gary Speed Newcastle
3 Ioan Viorel Ganea Wolverhampton Wanderers
3 Graham Stuart Charlton Athletic
3 Dejan Stefanovic Portsmouth
3 Glen Johnson Chelsea
3 Markus Babbel Blackburn Rovers
3 Garry Flitcroft Blackburn Rovers
3 Lorenzo Amoruso Blackburn Rovers
3 Paul Gallagher Blackburn Rovers
3 Vladimir Smicer Liverpool
2 Florent Sinama Pongolle Liverpool
2 Bruno Cheyrou Liverpool
2 Lucas Neill Blackburn Rovers
2 Kerimoglu Tugay Blackburn Rovers
2 Vratislav Gresko Blackburn Rovers
2 Matt Jansen Blackburn Rovers
2 Brett Emerton Blackburn Rovers
2 Steve Stone Portsmouth
2 Gary O'Neil Portsmouth
2 Eduardo Cesar Daude Gaspar Edu Arsenal
2 Jesper Gronkjær Chelsea
2 Kenny Miller Wolverhampton Wanderers
2 Mario Melchiot Chelsea
2 Paul Ince Wolverhampton Wanderers
2 Mark Kennedy Wolverhampton Wanderers
2 Darren Ambrose Newcastle
2 Lee Bowyer Newcastle
2 Muzzy Izzet Leicester
2 Sylvain Distin Manchester City
2 Matthew Kilgallon Leeds United
2 Seth Johnson Leeds United
2 Jermaine Pennant Leeds United
2 Dominic Matteo Leeds United
2 1 David Dunn Birmingham
2 Stan Lazaridis Birmingham
2 Bryan Hughes Birmingham
2 2 Robbie Savage Birmingham
2 Stephen Clemence Birmingham
2 Jeff Kenna Birmingham
2 Jonathan Fortune Charlton Athletic
2 Herman Hreidarsson Charlton Athletic
2 Marian Pahars Southampton
2 Michael Svensson Southampton
2 Joseph Yobo Everton
2 Gary Naysmith Everton
2 Thomas Gravesen Everton
2 Lee Hendrie Aston Villa
2 Lloyd J. Samuel Aston Villa
2 Mark Pembridge Fulham
2 Lee Clark Fulham
2 Junichi Inamoto Fulham
2 Leandre Griffit Southampton
2 John O'Shea Manchester United
2 Gary Neville Manchester United
2 David Bellion Manchester United
2 José Pereira Kleberson Manchester United
2 Stylianos Giannakopoulos Bolton
2 2 Michael Ricketts Middlesbrough
2 Jose Antonio Reyes Arsenal
2 Gaizka Mendieta Middlesbrough
2 Simon Davies Tottenham Hotspur
1 Stephen Carr Tottenham Hotspur
1 Mauricio Taricco Tottenham Hotspur
1 Rohan Ricketts Tottenham Hotspur
1 Jamie Redknapp Tottenham Hotspur
1 Mbulelo Mabizela Tottenham Hotspur
1 Malcolm Christie Middlesbrough
1 Gareth Southgate Middlesbrough
1 Jonathan Greening Middlesbrough
1 Kolo Toure Arsenal
1 Nwankwo Kanu Arsenal
1 Sol Campbell Arsenal
1 Nicky Hunt Bolton
1 Stefan Moore Aston Villa
1 Per Frandsen Bolton
1 Ronny Johnsen Aston Villa
1 Nicky Butt Manchester United
1 Darren Anderton Tottenham Hotspur
1 Helder Postiga Tottenham Hotspur
1 Johnny Jackson Tottenham Hotspur
1 Ledley King Tottenham Hotspur
1 Michael Brown Tottenham Hotspur
1 Carlos Bocanegra Fulham
1 Olof Mellberg Aston Villa
1 Facundo Sava Fulham
1 Marcus Allback Aston Villa
1 Leon Osman Everton
1 Lee Carsley Everton
1 Fabrice Fernandes Southampton
1 Claus Lundekvam Southampton
1 Rory Delap Southampton
1 Jason Dodd Southampton
1 David Prutton Southampton
1 Chris Perry Charlton Athletic
1 Damien Johnson Birmingham
1 Christophe Dugarry Birmingham
1 Martin Grainger Birmingham
1 Lamine Sakho Leeds United
1 Stephen McPhail Leeds United
1 Stephen Caldwell Leeds United
1 Eirik Bakke Leeds United
1 1 Ian Harte Leeds United
1 Zoumana Camara Leeds United
1 Joey Barton Manchester City
1 Jon Macken Manchester City
1 Claudio Reyna Manchester City
1 Sun Jihai Manchester City
1 Trevor Sinclair Manchester City
1 Lilian Nalis Leicester
1 Ricardo Scimeca Leicester
1 Ben Thatcher Leicester
1 Craig Hignett Leicester
1 Jordan Stewart Leicester
1 Frank Sinclair Leicester
1 Kevin Campbell Everton
1 Andrew O'Brien Newcastle
1 Kieron Dyer Newcastle
1 Olivier Bernard Newcastle
1 Jermaine Jenas Newcastle
1 Nathan Blake Wolverhampton Wanderers
1 Jody Craddock Wolverhampton Wanderers
1 Paul Butler Wolverhampton Wanderers
1 Celestine Babayaro Chelsea
1 Joe Cole Chelsea
1 Juan Sebastian Veron Chelsea
1 Wayne Bridge Chelsea
1 Jason Roberts Portsmouth
1 Sorele Ndjitap Fotso Geremi Chelsea
1 Scott Parker Chelsea
1 John Terry Chelsea
1 Nigel Quashie Portsmouth
1 Hayden Foxe Portsmouth
1 Arjan De Zeeuw Portsmouth
1 Ivica Mornar Portsmouth
1 Eyal Berkovic Portsmouth
1 David Thompson Blackburn Rovers
1 Barry Ferguson Blackburn Rovers
1 Jonathan Douglas Blackburn Rovers
1 Brad Friedel Blackburn Rovers
1 Craig Short Blackburn Rovers
1 Milan Baros Liverpool

Young Trolley
30-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I think that AJ would stay even if we went down, unless the decision was taken for him by the Chairman accepting an offer. Sounds strange to say it in this day and age of meceneries (sp?) but I truly believe AJ is one of the few genuine good guys. Just delighted he is on our side. He has a real chance of becoming the club's all time great IMO All time leading scorer, a "Steve Bull" figure if you will, if he wants it and I reckon he does you know

firesign
30-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Nice list - I can't help but notice that seven-goal Emil Heskey and four-goal Dwight Yorke were described by Plonker Marsh as 'proven Premiership strikers' that would be too strong for Palace. :rolleyes:

Bruce obviously agreed as he paid not only a King's ransom but a whole royal family worth of cash for those has-beens - or maybe never-weres.

If we get relegated and if AJ has to go Jordan better not sell for him for a penny less than £10m otherwise I'll personally wipe out Jerry Dammers so that The Specials can never reform!

Dave
30-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Great thread - I'm pretty sure if anyone is chasing AJ he or the club don't know.

There is a world of difference between wanting a player and making a bid.

imashed
30-10-2004, 09:14 PM
it would be a side step ,not a step up if he moved there

HARRY MONK
31-10-2004, 08:55 AM
wont happen they cant afford him and i think they are in a false position

Eaglesmad123
31-10-2004, 01:41 PM
No Chance. A move to everton would be pointless. I can only see AJ leaving us for 6-7 clubs, 5 being the so called big boys, Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, or Chelsea. The only others that could come in for him are Boro, Villa, or Bolton. The spuds dont need him, so there no worry.

Aj is a good player but lets get real non of the big boys are going to sign him. Man u have rooney and Van the man. Chelsea have an array of tallent, Arsenal got loads of quality forwards.

I think AJ is on a rich vain of form at the mo but there is no way we can talk about him as if he is one of the top 5 strikers in the prem.

Eaglesmad123
31-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Look at kev Philips whats happend to him.

c_block_lad
31-10-2004, 01:47 PM
SP says Liverpool want AJ!

Ridcully
31-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Liverpool have been linked with a possible move for Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

Palace paid Birmingham City £750,000 for the 23-year-old in 2002 and following his arrival he's been very impressive banging in goals on a regular basis. So far this season he's got 8 goals, 3 of which have been penalties.

Johnson recently signed a new five year contract but according to reports, Palace would be willing to sell if the right offer came along. It is claimed that they value him at around £6million.

Ridcully
31-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Makes more sense as Cisse has just been badly injured.....

Ridcully
31-10-2004, 01:56 PM
To be honest the way AJ is playing at the moment, every club in the Prem probably would like him....I think he'll be with us for a while yet though. Have a sneaky feeling eventually though that he'll end up at Arsenal as they play the sort of game that he'd fit in well with.

Gooders
31-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Ridcully

Johnson recently signed a new five year contract but according to reports, Palace would be willing to sell if the right offer came along. It is claimed that they value him at around £6million.

What reports might those be? ••••••• fairy tales more like.

Ridcully
31-10-2004, 02:18 PM
Gooders, I agree with you, just creative journalism in the SP. Still I think the fact is he's bound to be linked with others....I think he'll stay for now at least but if we were offered 10m+ I think he'll be off.

aj_is_god
08-11-2004, 07:46 PM
why would Aj want to leave. he is getting publicity at palace, if he went to chelsea e would be on the bench, never to be considered to play for england.

gmo2001
29-11-2004, 05:12 PM
it seems liverpool will be getting aj in january for a estimated 8 million. this information comes from a very good source within anfield who i was speaking to yesterday. now if we sell him then we might as well admit defeat in our cause to stay up this season

Sir.S.C Remembered
29-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Nah don't think so mate

cpfc_spc1982
29-11-2004, 05:15 PM
didnt aj say he wasnt interested in going liverpool.

JamieBcpfc
29-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Of course he is

daz_eagle
29-11-2004, 05:16 PM
if he goes to that scum i'll burn anfield road to the ground.

gmo2001
29-11-2004, 05:18 PM
the problem is when liverpool offer 8 million is tight arse jordan gonna say no?

Batsta
29-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Can we merge this with the other AJ leaving type threads?

The Vicar
29-11-2004, 05:20 PM
rubbish, AJ is staying. end of.

humpo
29-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by gmo2001
the problem is when liverpool offer 8 million is tight arse jordan gonna say no?

according to your source, no

Baldy
29-11-2004, 05:21 PM
from a very good source within anfield

:D :D :D :D

Tomo
29-11-2004, 05:21 PM
To be honest i don't believe this. I don't care if your source is close to liverpool. I won't believe till AJ signs on the dotted line for Liverpool which will never happen.

GOD
29-11-2004, 05:22 PM
8 million buys one hell of a lot of hubcaps!

gmo2001
lets watch and see and hope im wrong. sure merge away

greybot
If he leaves and SJ takes 8mill for him you might as well hit the self-destruct button.

Can't see it happening myself

WorthingEagle
29-11-2004, 05:23 PM
£8m wouldn't buy his left foot.

nicky
Remind your scouse source that, barring a miraculous second half to the season, Gerrard is off to Chelsea in the summer.

Nork1
Dowie's going to Barcelona in January by the way.

Webb
Are you sure your 'source' didn't suggest that Liverpool were only interested in AJ, as we all know that they are. The fact of the matter is AJ is very happy at Palace and he would be very unlikely to want to move to Liverpool. Does he new five year contract not mean anything then?

davematt
29-11-2004, 05:26 PM
I have had it on good authority that AJ will not be sold for any price in January. If this bid was to come in in June/July, well that could be a different matter, but I am 100% AJ will be a Palace player for the rest of this season at the least.

ANDYEAGLE
29-11-2004, 05:27 PM
The only way AJ will be leaving this season is if we got relegated. There is no way we would sell in Jan thats crazy.

brighton_eagle
29-11-2004, 05:27 PM
nah.

GUCCI Eagle
29-11-2004, 05:28 PM
£8m plus Gerrard is a lot more realistic. Might have to throw in Jerzy Dudek though.

AddiscombeEagle
29-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by webbplebb
Are you sure your 'source' didn't suggest that Liverpool were only interested in AJ, as we all know that they are. The fact of the matter is AJ is very happy at Palace and he would be very unlikely to want to move to Liverpool. Does he new five year contract not mean anything then?

I don't think we will sell him, but be honest with yourself, if AJ gets the chance to join Liverpool on double the wages, with Champions League football, with increased England chances, what do you really think he is going to do.

I will be as upset as anyone, but I don't kid myself that he would turn all that down.

davematt
29-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Also, Liverpool have no money. They will have to sell their most valuable prize asset if they are to spend that sort of cash on a player, and Benitez will certainly not do that.

maestro
29-11-2004, 05:29 PM
What concerns me is that Jordan has said that every man has his price when talking about AJ. Dowie also said that he wouldnt hold backplayers careers

Watching our game on sky i have to agree that without AJ we are down, no question

TC EAGLE
29-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Do u honestly think Jordan would consider any offer for AJ, I think not. After all the hard work done by Dowie/Harbin and the coaching staff in getting us where we are now, do u think he(Jordan) would ruin it all by selling AJ.

ANDYEAGLE
29-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle
I don't think we will sell him, but be honest with yourself, if AJ gets the chance to join Liverpool on double the wages, with Champions League football, with increased England chances, what do you really think he is going to do.

I will be as upset as anyone, but I don't kid myself that he would turn all that down.

I think if that opportunity came in Jan he would turn it down,he has just committed to us but would be forgiven if he went at the end of the season. Any way Liverpool will have to go some to make the Champions league.It won't necessarily increase his England chances either.

Del Gland
29-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Alas, I have heard this too through someone that spoke to AJ's family on the way back from Liverpool( cue source named on thread shocker!!). They are fanatical Liverpool supporters apart from his brother.

I never said anything on here as there has always been too much doom and gloom. I also think that AJ is a sensible chap and hope that he realises that he needs a bit more time before he will, undoutably, move on.

My real concern is that we would even consider losing him for less than £15m, but, there again, we're Palace and never one's to appreciate our assets.

Webb
29-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by AddiscombeEagle

It wouldn't be the wrong move for him - don't get me wrong. I'd love to see AJ banging them in the Champions League and for England. But he wouldn't of signed a five year deal if there was any chance of a move in Jan.

eagle dom
29-11-2004, 05:45 PM
This is a bit of mis placed arrogance on behalf of Liverpool and the media I think. I'm sure that Liverpool would like to buy him for £8m....and arrogantly assume that the player would want to move (cos it's the mighty Liverpool(??)) and that the club would want to sell.

You would have to be an idiot to accept an £8m in Jan. Selling AJ would be kissing goodbye to the Prem - and how much is that worth? Why not have a crack at staying up for another season and worry about the money in the summer (if indeed we need to)

eagle dom
29-11-2004, 05:47 PM
They are fanatical Liverpool supporters apart from his brother.

I thought that they are Arsenal fans as they were from Islington originally?? This came up before we played them

nookiebear
29-11-2004, 05:49 PM

But according to your first post it is a done deal :confused:

glaziers fan
29-11-2004, 05:54 PM
AJ won't be sold. Routledge is another matter entirely because Totenham could offer us too much to turn down. AJ is priceless... well at least until the end of the season to establish us as a Premiership side. After that (and finishing the Premiership as leading English goalscorer in his first season there), his value will be £20m+. Will any club offer us in excess of £15m? I would guestimate that is what is needed for Jordan to even think about it and only Chelski can afford to do that.

MikeyDread
29-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by TC EAGLE
Do u honestly think Jordan would consider any offer for AJ, I think not. After all the hard work done by Dowie/Harbin and the coaching staff in getting us where we are now, do u think he(Jordan) would ruin it all by selling AJ.

Spot on Jordan has from the start wanted a strong manager that he can believe in and i don't think he will pull the rug from under ID by selling our prized asset. I think supporters, the players, and everyone associated with the club know that this would be sucide and we would be relegation fodder.

I also believe AJ is a loyal individual and he was told by the club it was in their interest to recieve a big offer, he will stay and at the very least till the Summer.

:S:

Barnstormer
29-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Its worth 24 million to us to stay up so why sell AJ for 8 million.

If we go down he will still be worth 8 million plus.

cpfc4ever
29-11-2004, 05:58 PM
I dont believe this, why would SJ say he wants to spend money in Jan. Admitidly, it could be because he is going, but surely this would not be the case, as AJ leaving would more or less finish any chances we have,

Don't believe it!

:veryangry :bash: :veryangry

mellowG
gabor to arsenal, wayne to tottenham, dowie to real madrid and AJ to liverpool

Stavros 69
If they offer 15 mill i would take it.

Chester
maybe this is why we are supposedly interested in Diao and Pongolle perhaps they will come in part exchange?

Basingstoke Eagle
29-11-2004, 06:13 PM
What a load of rubbish,all these people with all these contacts & the ability to put 2 + 2 together to make 5.AJ will not go anywhere in January,& if we are still in the Prem next summer he wont go then either.

kolinkins
29-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Firstly, £8million is a good deal for us.

Secondly, Liverpool dont have £8million. The only signings they'll make in January will be loans, and maybe 1 permanent transfer, but no way up to £8million.

Rog 007
29-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Don't believe that, we need to stay up, we need AJ, Iain and Simon are not that Stupid.

Brett
29-11-2004, 06:26 PM
I'd rather have my teeth pulled than read some of cack on this site at times.

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Ive heard he will be off in January but don't wish to believe it.

JohnA
29-11-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
The only way AJ will be leaving this season is if we got relegated. There is no way we would sell in Jan thats crazy. :p
That's a big "if"

Will S
29-11-2004, 06:38 PM
This source - tomato or hp?

Sir.S.C Remembered
29-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I actually do not think that Jordan would even be tempted at £8million currently if AJ is happy by all accounts he seems to be

Would have to have one hell of a replacement lined up

Braders
29-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Brett
I'd rather have my teeth pulled than read some of cack on this site at times.

Same here..........unbelieveable :veryangry

PalaceFan in Alabama
29-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Ive heard he will be off in January but don't wish to believe it.

Once again Steve, from whom did you get this gem?

I agree with Brett :bash:

If you can post the source, why even bother starting yet another endless thread about anyone leaving or joining CPFC. (Steve not directed at you) :p

Nelson Muntz
29-11-2004, 07:25 PM
:S: :S: :S:

Del Gland
29-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by eagle dom
I thought that they are Arsenal fans as they were from Islington originally?? This came up before we played them

If that IS true, it completely destroys my information and makes me very happy!:D

zonin2000
29-11-2004, 07:30 PM
it seems liverpool will be getting aj in january for a estimated 8 million. this information comes from a very good source within anfield who i was speaking to yesterday. now if we sell him then we might as well admit defeat in our cause to stay up this season

I'm sorry, but I just can't trust posters who don't capitalise their username and include numbers...

:rolleyes:

:eek:

dave_who_ru
29-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Can't believe we have to go over this ground again. AJ is here to stay or until we get relegated. I'm sure Dowie would walk if Jordan sold him in the January window.

Del Gland
29-11-2004, 07:42 PM
I hear Dowie will walk in January - just feckin widja!!

hughff
29-11-2004, 07:48 PM
I think a lot of people are making too much of the five year deal. All a long term contract means is that SJ has far more bargaining clout to push the price up. If push comes to shove, he'll sell as soon as he thinks it's profitable. And AJ will go as soon as the money's big enough to override the Dowie factor.

However, as some have pointed out, AJ is the key to remaining in the Prems. If we sell in Jan, we are down - end of. If we don't sell in Jan and we go down anyway, AJ's value drops. At present, I'd think we'd get 8M even if we were relegated. If he does move in Jan, it'll be for closer to 12M, IMHO.

Iain Dowie
29-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Oh come on!Look at how Dowie has changed Aj,Aj even OWES ID for what hes done by not leaving,Dowie to Juve,Aj to Liverpool,Wayne to Barca,Watson to Milan!The only oway Liverpool will get AJ is if they give us 8 mil plus Baros and Mellor...So AJ stays then yes.

Heb 7:4
29-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Ah, that famous scouse sense of humour. He's going nowhere, even if they had the £8 million to bid which they don't.

And yes, his family are all Arsenal fans from Islington. It's Wayne's family who are Liverpool fans.

Brett
29-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Reality check with the OTT valuation, people.

hughff
29-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't think the valuation is OTT, at least for Palace, Brett. The prems is worth a fortune to the club and we won't stay up without AJ. Therefore his value to the club is at least 12M. Frankly, I don't think anyone else is prepared to pay that yet which is why I believe he'll be here until the end of the season.

Brett
29-11-2004, 08:14 PM
As far as we're concerned, his value is priceless.

On the open market? A lot less than £4m.

SARN
29-11-2004, 08:25 PM
cant c that i wud want at least 10 million to prise him away

kolinkins
29-11-2004, 08:25 PM

Now you're taking the piss Brett. Come on, Clinton was £4milliomn post ITV collapse. Earnshaw was £3.5 million. I think we can expect £6million for AJ.

Shipp Ahoy!
29-11-2004, 08:40 PM
This thread = :S:

Isle of Wight
29-11-2004, 08:40 PM

Oh lay off Jordan. Look at how many players he has allowed Dowie to bring in and how many have left. Look at how he pumped his money in to a club that was in administration. Look at how he is talking about more players in Jan. If AJ does go (& i think this is a load of goats nadgers) he would only let him go for a price that benefits CPFC. i.e. a stupidly large one!!! So even if you dont like Jordan dont come out with such stupid abuse.

lordanton
29-11-2004, 08:43 PM
We don't need the money.

AJ LOVES Dowie...

Dowie is manger of CPFC.

End of. :)

Kirby
29-11-2004, 08:45 PM
gmo2001 - why don't you just admit that you made this up?

ravepants
29-11-2004, 08:45 PM
never happy till we dive into misery.....................

Noades is coming back... FACT

BATES is coming...... FACT

WE wont spend a penny in the premiership... FACT

WE have no money...... FACT

DOWIE has left for *too many clubs too mention* ... FACT

AJ wont sign contract coz he is off...... FACT

DOWIE wont sign coz he is off....... FACT

DOWIE hates Jordan... fact

GADAFI is coming........ fact

JORDAN is leaving so he wont release a penny..... FACT

....this weeks supa soaraway FACT is...............

AJ is joining the Scousers for 8 million......... FACT

AJs family are already decked in shell suits..... FACT

His neighbour next to ones best friends daughter told my son .. FACT

P@ss Off!

Enjoy the fact we have got into double points and actually look like a mid table premiership club.........

celery stick
29-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Not one single link or source on this thread.
What a load of bollix.

celery stick
29-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ravepants

P@ss Off!

Enjoy the fact we have got into double points and actually look like a mid table premiership club.........

:p

andyocpfc
29-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Aj to liverpool, blimey here we go again.
Why do we bother responding to these sorts of threads
I SAY BOYCOTT THIS THREAD CHAPS AND CHAPESSES

Newts
29-11-2004, 09:25 PM

If you've got nothing decent to contribute, which clearly you haven't then don't bother .....you twaaaaaaaat.

Young Trolley
29-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Got to say for someone who is leaving the club in January AJ is doing an exceedingly good impression of someone who is completely focused and committed to the task in hand with a club whom he loves and recently signed a new 5 year contract with, as well as repeatingly stating his desire to remain here and progress his career with CPFC for the duration of said contract. Must have him confused with one of our other players... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shipp Ahoy!
29-11-2004, 09:45 PM
I tell you what, one club that was suggested to me today.

Everton.

More like then Liverpool, they are doing VERY well atm, they haven't replaced Rooney yet, so possibly will be looking to bring in such a striker in January, and they still have all that lovely dosh from his transfer.
I am sure they wouldn't mind putting one over Liverpool either since they have been linked.

kyrieagle
29-11-2004, 09:45 PM
I have had it on good authority that AJ will not be sold for any price in January. If this bid was to come in in June/July, well that could be a different matter, but I am 100% AJ will be a Palace player for the rest of this season at the least.

Jordan stands to make more money by staying up another season .
the only way thats possible is with AJ.

Fide et Fiducia
29-11-2004, 09:58 PM
The lad would not sign until ID signed.

He has stated publicly that ID has improved his game 200% since taking over and that he will improve it further.

Unless LFC find the funds to offer substantially more than his market value (about £7.5m IMO) or ID is going to scouseland the chap is going nowhere in Jan.

cpfc4ever
29-11-2004, 10:04 PM

P@ss Off!

:p :p

NOW LETS LEAVE IT!

imashed
29-11-2004, 10:04 PM
its another upset palace rumor which always appears when we get something good going

Oisin
29-11-2004, 10:06 PM
I have heard it on a very good source that Liverpool don't have cash to pay big money for players up front and will be looking for loans and/or low transfer fee, big wage players. AJ to Liverpool is balls.

Tomo
29-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
I tell you what, one club that was suggested to me today.

Everton.

More like then Liverpool, they are doing VERY well atm, they haven't replaced Rooney yet, so possibly will be looking to bring in such a striker in January, and they still have all that lovely dosh from his transfer.
I am sure they wouldn't mind putting one over Liverpool either since they have been linked.

Balls to that Si. Everton are in debt as far as im aware and Rooney was only released to ease these bets. I just can't see it happening personally.

DANCOO
29-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Now you're taking the piss Brett. Come on, Clinton was £4milliomn post ITV collapse. Earnshaw was £3.5 million. I think we can expect £6million for AJ.

You and Brett are basing your decision on AJ's value being at Palace - which I still think is maybe a little low.
How much do you think he would be worth in his first Premiership season at Arsenal, or Man U, and scoring as he is? - a fair bit more I reckon.

DaveS
29-11-2004, 10:51 PM

How much did Heskey go for?

NZsparky
29-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Feck it gets painful reading the BBS at times these days.

arussell
30-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Oisin
I have heard it on a very good source that Liverpool don't have cash to pay big money for players up front and will be looking for loans and/or low transfer fee, big wage players. AJ to Liverpool is balls.

I've also heard that.

RDSdaEAGLE
30-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Liverpool made a huge loss last season...not aided by the fact that they spent a fortune on Cisse, Josemí and Alonso.

There's no way they could afford AJ at the moment. I would say that Morientes is a far more likely target for them, due to Benitez's liking of Spanish players and their recent transfer dealings with Real Madrid.

Kirby
30-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Surely Mozza would cost near £8m too?

RDSdaEAGLE
30-11-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Kirby

Not if they get him on loan.

Sussex Eagle
30-11-2004, 01:03 AM

P@ss Off!

Great post - how I hate bullsh*t threads like this!

PalaceSi
30-11-2004, 01:09 AM
There's just no way AJ would leave in Jan under any circumstances. If we go down he'll definately go and if we stay up the battle to keep him will commence. Fortunately i think he's the type of bloke who thrives in the environment that Palace give him, adoring fans, a supportive manager and he hated being a fringe player at Birmingham something that could so easily happen at a big club. The fates of Parkerand Saha are there for all to see and a doubling of salary rarely compensates for spending each match warming the bench. Sadly all our good players and management will be sought by one and all from now on so we might aswell get used to it and enjoy the ride.

nicky
30-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Kirby

Loan

ammiller
30-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by PalaceSi
and he hated being a fringe player at Birmingham something that could so easily happen at a big club.

Did he "hate" being a fringe player?
I know every player wants to play, but he only left Brum at their instigation, not his.

pedro
30-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DaveS
How much did Heskey go for?
Whats Heskey got to do with this, we are talking about goalscorers here. :D

nomad
30-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by andyocpfc
Aj to liverpool, blimey here we go again.
Why do we bother responding to these sorts of threads
I SAY BOYCOTT THIS THREAD CHAPS AND CHAPESSES

Exactly what I thought when I read yet more hypothetical rubbish. Why do idiots start stupid and, potentially, demoralising, threads like this. They are complete rubbish and a complete waste of time. Hold on, perhaps they are not Palace fans at all but Scousers.

Freddy Kurz
30-11-2004, 10:32 PM
While Palace have a chance of staying in the Premier League AJ will be
staying at the Palace. Jordan is not just about to "cut off his nose
to spite his face" or "shoot himself in the foot", which is why he is
seriously trying to transfer surplus players like Derry, Black etc in order
to make way for some better quality players when the transfer window
re-opens. The present first-team squad has done enough so far to
convince the Chairman and Dowie that with some extra quality in
defence, midfield and up front we would have the capability to defy
gravity and avoid relegation. He is highly unlikely to undermine
everything he, the manager and the players have so far achieved by
recklessly getting rid of our No.1 striker, whose potential value would
be enhanced still more were we to remain in the Premier League next
season.
There are bound to be a number of top clubs interested in signing
Johnson, and the rumour mill will be working overtime between now
and the next transfer window, but my advice to Palace fans is to
ignore the speculation and stay focussed in support of the team.

Gerry from Sussex
30-11-2004, 10:46 PM
AJ looks like he is very, very happy at Palace. I'd be surprised if he's going anywhere this season.

sydney eagle
01-12-2004, 05:06 AM
good post freddy:p

Wholethedougin?
02-12-2004, 04:48 PM
AJ dont go

B the Bad ©
02-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Whether you're all scared of him leaving or not, the truth is, unless Palace push and push and start showing MORE ambition, he won't stay. You know players, in all probability, are going to be whispered about a lot amongst managers (etc) once MotD Pundits start praising them and using their "circled" examples for those players after highlights.

Palace stay up, keep Routledge and then buy some more great players, it will be ALL ok. If not, a BIG hmmmmmmmm is imminent...

NRM the 2nd
02-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Just had a great day, been to Blue water with money to burn and who do I see in there (and follow like a kid in a toy shop) but the great AJ himself, with his wife and kid. What a top bloke, took time out to have a quick chat with me and made Stumpys day when he just happened to phone me and I had the pleasure of saying "alright mate, speak to andy Johnson".

Didn't ask about him leaving, just wished him the best of luck for the rest of the season and he raised a smile at my pigbag ringtone when stumpy phoned.

All I will say is that they were buying stuff for their house, make of that what you will!!

But for today its all about der der der der Andy Johnson:love: :love:

Stavros 69
02-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by NRM the 2nd
Just had a great day, been to Blue water with money to burn and who do I see in there (and follow like a kid in a toy shop) but the great AJ himself, with his wife and kid. What a top bloke, took time out to have a quick chat with me and made Stumpys day when he just happened to phone me and I had the pleasure of saying "alright mate, speak to andy Johnson".

Didn't ask about him leaving, just wished him the best of luck for the rest of the season and he raised a smile at my pigbag ringtone when stumpy phoned.

All I will say is that they were buying stuff for their house, make of that what you will!!

Had no idea he was married, let alone a kid.

zonin2000
02-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Finlay Johnson!

zonin2000
02-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Der der der der...

EagleinOz
02-12-2004, 09:02 PM
In the best possible taste: is his wife fit?!

mojoeagle
02-12-2004, 09:16 PM
There are some pics of her in the gallery of her and their kid

zonin2000
02-12-2004, 09:19 PM
There were, but they've been taken down.

All the Johnsons are beautiful people :love:.

EagleinOz
02-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Of course they are! What a legend!

NRM the 2nd
02-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by EagleinOz
In the best possible taste: is his wife fit?!

I certainly would but then again she was female with a pulse....No a very attractive young lady. What I liked was the fact that they were like any other couple just getting on with there business, until I came along of course!!

zonin2000
03-12-2004, 01:19 AM
What I liked was the fact that they were like any other couple just getting on with there business, until I came along of course!!

Well it's not like they're the Beckhams! What did you expect them to do? Walk around with a sandwich board and a megaphone, shouting "please leave me alone, I'm just trying to lead a normal life!", a-la-Dennis Pennis?

;) :o

Aki Aki Aki
03-12-2004, 08:38 AM
I almost bought a house next door to AJ in the summer. I remember the guy who was selling the house said that Mrs.AJ is not a football lover and was very happy in the area (which i would imagine is rather better than your average Liverpool estate). I cannot believe that she would like a move up north and AJ being the star he is, I assume would think the same.

Gazza2
03-12-2004, 09:34 AM
£30k a week wages might help Mrs AJ feel good about such a move along with moving to a huge mansion in a picturesque area a few miles away from the city centre

Dave
03-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Can we please leave AJ's family off the BBS please?

Stumpy
03-12-2004, 11:25 AM

:) :D :) :D

:p :p :p

zonin2000
03-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Can we please leave AJ's family off the BBS please?

Who said something wrong?

All I said was that his baby's name was Finaly, and that "all the Johnsons are beautiful people".

Dave
03-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Who said something wrong?It isn't a question of saying something wrong but I would be grateful if people didn't discuss AJ's family on here - it isn't something he appreciates.

Thanks

pedro
05-12-2004, 12:12 PM
One Sunday paper has him definitely leaving due to a 'Palace insider' saying that he could earn four times as much money elsewhere, even suggested Fulham as a possible destination! :rolleyes:

RickyB
05-12-2004, 12:32 PM
that's ridiculous

celery stick
05-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I don't know why I even bothered to look at this thread again.

DaveTuttles
15-12-2004, 05:24 PM
This could be disastrous!

Everton Football Club to swoop for Eagles star
17:07 December, 15, 2004
Everton Football Club are considering making a bid for Andy Johnson.

The Crystal Palace striker has been one of the success stories of the Premiership season thus far, with his goals making him the most feared English striker in the country.

And his performances have certainly caught the eye of Everton boss David Moyes, who is believed to be willing to pay around £5million to take him to Goodison Park.

Moyes is eager to sign at least one top class striker in the New Year transfer market, as he aims to maintain his side’s superb start to the season in order to clinch a place in Europe.
:veryangry

fasteddie
15-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Where did the report come from? I bloody hope its not true. £5m is taking the p*ss

DaveTuttles
15-12-2004, 05:29 PM
From Fans FC website

Hypodam
15-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Merge please mods.

RDSdaEAGLE
15-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Not happening then.

FansFC are total shite...they make rumours up, much like TeamTalk used to do.

DaveTuttles
15-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Thats good news, I only just stumbled across it!! Thanks

Shipp Ahoy!
15-12-2004, 05:33 PM
£5million you are having a laugh.

No chance of that happening, Jordan isn't that thick.

Stavros 69
15-12-2004, 05:33 PM
It's a joke, the papers have to put this cr@p in because they have nothing to report unless they're in the transfer window.

If he goes it wont be till the end of the season.

fasteddie
15-12-2004, 05:35 PM
As with the summer, we're going to hit a tidal wave of bollox rumours about AJ, Wayne et al leaving in the January window. Suppose we're going to have to get used to it!

helen_cpfc
15-12-2004, 05:36 PM
anyway, AJ wouldn't go it was only last month when i read an interview saying "i want to commit myself to palace"

so there :p

MikeyDread
15-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Not happening then.

FansFC are total shite...they make rumours up, much like TeamTalk used to do.

Crystal Palace have decided to make an offer of £5.5 million for Ronaldinho. Dowie says this is a big move for a club of our size but negotiations will start in earnest for the player on Jan 1

Now thats what i call Bouncebackability !!!!

Stigma
15-12-2004, 05:49 PM
£5million..likely ..:moo:

Dave
15-12-2004, 05:51 PM
More likely to be a bid from Spurs if Defoe goes

silver
15-12-2004, 05:55 PM
no way

The Bandstand
15-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Deal alreay done with Liverpool
:sob: :sob: :sob:

cpfc4ever
15-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Bollocks to that, he wont go, I really can't see it

RDSdaEAGLE
15-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by The Bandstand
Deal alreay done with Liverpool
:sob: :sob: :sob:

Oh do shut up.

Brett
15-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Not being funny but £5m is about the going rate, some may say even overpriced.

kolinkins
15-12-2004, 06:20 PM

I would say, given 9 goals this season, around £6million.

What would you say, given Crewe wanting £4million for Ashton and Wigan wanting £8million for Ellington, we should want for AJ?

BLUE BOY
15-12-2004, 06:25 PM
To sell AJ in January would be like sealing our own relegation! So i cant see this happening.

jan
15-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Man City have put a 25m price tag on Shuan Wright Phillips to stop any offers , maybe Palace should do something like that with AJ

cpfc4ever
15-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Don't think that would happen

Palaceboy222
15-12-2004, 06:45 PM
the key thing here is Everton WANT AJ it wont happen

TN16_Eagle
15-12-2004, 06:50 PM

Yep, i agree, got a bad feeling about this. Everton have no shortage of cash, and even if their first couple of bids are rejected they could increase the bids.

I obviously hope im very very wrong. :bash:

Jasper
15-12-2004, 06:55 PM
More likely they will buy james beattie. Is a proven premiership striker (not that I doubt AJ, but i know for many not involved with the club the jury is still out) and he wants to leave southampton.

cpfc_spc1982
15-12-2004, 07:00 PM
aj's value to us is far more than 5 million, market value hes probably around that mark maybe 6.

Stigma
15-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by TN16_Eagle
Yep, i agree, got a bad feeling about this. Everton have no shortage of cash, and even if their first couple of bids are rejected they could increase the bids.

I obviously hope im very very wrong. :bash:

? Everton announced just last week that they have debts of 42 million pounds !

Eagle
15-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Please stop worrying everyone, the earliest AJ would leave, if he does even go, will be next summer.

He loves Iain Dowie being his manager and has said on more than one occasion he is very very happy and is very settled with his family.

Lion
15-12-2004, 09:16 PM
I've already stated that Everton is interested in AJ, however as I also said, I don't think AJ will go and can't see either Dowie or Jordan letting him go.

JHJ EAGLE
15-12-2004, 09:22 PM
No,Not,Never! Won`t happen boys and girls.:p

tommygear
15-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Not gonna happen this January. Besides Everton already have an exx-Palace striker banging all their goals in ;)

Cleon
16-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DaveTuttles
to pay around £5million to take him to Goodison

:clown: RAOTFLMFAOYSFC!!!!!!!!!! :moo:

Clapham Grand
16-12-2004, 01:23 PM
won't happen

Brett
16-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
I would say, given 9 goals this season, around £6million.

What would you say, given Crewe wanting £4million for Ashton and Wigan wanting £8million for Ellington, we should want for AJ?

But you don't declare what you'd settle for and end up being knocked down from there to a packet of fags and a plate of chips.

lightweight
16-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Although Everton are doing well at the mo - if AJ wants to leave I'm not sure he'd pick Everton - other clubs are bound to come in for him - even if he waits till end of the season (which hopefully he will)

swissroll
20-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Looks ,like Liverpool will definitely NOT be going after AJ. Bid for Morientes now confirmed

Beanie
20-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I find it interesting that when Palace are rumoured to be about to sign a palyer who has recently signed a long term contract (such as Julio Arca) the rumour is squashed by people saying "He's only just signed a new contract", but when AJ (and others over the years) are rumoured to be on the move despite a recent new contract "contracts mean nothing in football these days".

Gazza2
20-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Long contracts (or any contracts mean nothing these days). Brilliant article in The Times today by Tony Cascarino explaining how players who want to move ensure they get one (even if current clubdoes not want to sell them) and examples as to how far players who are unhappy with current manager (e.g. not being picked 4 the team) will go to help manager get the sack (e.g. phoning up mates in oppo team and divulging team tatics, set play moves & calls, etc). Tony has actually experienced such occurances during his playing days.
see:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1409876,00.html

Shipp Ahoy!
20-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Contracts mean zip these days.

Kevan Woz Awful
20-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Contracts mean zip these days.

They don't to the selling club. They can increase the transfer value enormously.
AJ is such a decent bloke, by signing a long contract he will have ensured Palace are amply rewarded if we do have to part with him.

nookiebear
20-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I've already stated that Everton is interested in AJ, however as I also said, I don't think AJ will go and can't see either Dowie or Jordan letting him go.

Let's face it, half the Prem are probably interested in AJ

Gark Moldberg
20-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Stigma
? Everton announced just last week that they have debts of 42 million pounds !

But that would have been up to the end of the financial year which for most clubs is either the end of June or July. They didn't sell Rooney (the Loony) until August.

nomad
20-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by nookiebear
Let's face it, half the Prem are probably interested in AJ

He is wasted at Palace playing in a 4-5-1 formation and must be getting very frustrated, which is not good news in keeping him at the club.

Lords Eagle
21-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Must admit I thjought he looked P'ed off on Saturday at times.

cpfc_spc1982
21-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lords Eagle
Must admit I thjought he looked P'ed off on Saturday at times.

i agree.

st albans
21-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by nomad
He is wasted at Palace playing in a 4-5-1 formation and must be getting very frustrated, which is not good news in keeping him at the club.

and what do everton play? 4-5-1

he won't go there

Dobbo
21-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
i agree.
Didn't he just. We must start with two up front against Portsmouth......

Son of Ron
21-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gark Moldberg
But that would have been up to the end of the financial year which for most clubs is either the end of June or July. They didn't sell Rooney (the Loony) until August.

ok, Rooney was sold for £27m wasn't he ?
so they're still something like £15m in debt.

Ron Dogers
21-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by nomad

Lets also face it half the prem play 4-5-1 now. The problem I see is the quality of balls coming from the midfield/back now that defenders have rumbled how we play.

We have a packed midfield that offers cover for the defence but not much going forward, outr shots on goal stats are very low so AJ will not get many chances.

Steve in Phoenix
21-12-2004, 12:18 PM
A lot of continentals that I know are convinced Morientes to Liverpool is only a matter of time.

Addickted
29-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Superb goal from Johnson yesterday.

Then a wonderful 'thanks and goodbye' gesture from him to the Palace faithful.

:D

AndyStreet
29-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Addickted

:D

:S: :S: :S: :S: :S: :S:

eagles #1
29-12-2004, 10:28 PM

:D Oh how you wish you had AJ.

Addickted
29-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Oh how you wish you had AJ.

We couldn't afford him.

eagles #1
29-12-2004, 10:44 PM
We couldn't afford him. Exactly.

Justin
29-12-2004, 11:02 PM
You might have been able to buy him last season and Curbishley was asked by his board whether he wanted them to go for him. Oh how I laughed when he said he rated Routledge but not AJ and would prefer Earnshaw!