PDA

View Full Version : Is AJ too big for Palace?

Icarus
26-10-2004, 06:38 AM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/october/englishnews9261004.html

That's all I need to hear, how can ID say we'd want big money for AJ instead of saying AJ's not going anywhere. Has it come that AJ is bigger than Palace, why cant we hang on to super players for more than a couple of seasons instead of building a team and a future around these players. Could mention too many players we've let slip through our hands without re-investing these finances thoroughly. I fear another Morrison/AJ type swap with someone like Ameobi/Bellion/(C)Cole/Stead? I hope not

Fatman
26-10-2004, 06:42 AM
no one is bigger than the club....but he's close :)

selhurst
26-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Icarus
That's all I need to hear, how can ID say we'd want big money for AJ instead of saying AJ's not going anywhere.

Hhhhmmm... did you misread it?

"Andy's not for sale. He's the crown jewels and he's just signed a five-year contract. The answer would be a firm 'no' to anyone who picks up the phone.

"Could we do without him? Absolutely not. I'm not going to pretend we could."

Cleon
26-10-2004, 07:15 AM
I think what he's saying is that we wouldn't be selling AJ. OK, if somebody wanted to offer 20M, like all clubs of our size we'd need to consider it (see W. Rooney, Everton), but I think Dowie is warning clubs off pissing around with silly money.

philaire
26-10-2004, 07:21 AM
... and I think we need to appreciate that if we don't stay up this season, the chances of keeping AJ would be slim. In which case a big transfer fee would be welcome.

Aki Aki Aki
26-10-2004, 07:25 AM
[url] someone like Ameobi/Bellion/(C)Cole/Stead?

:sob: None of these are in AJ's league so i do hope not.

I think AJ is settled and his immediate familly, who i gather are not the biggest football fans, are happy in the area. AJ, being the star he is, would presumably regard their interests very highly.

Luke Harwood
26-10-2004, 07:49 AM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/october/englishnews9261004.html

I fear another Morrison/AJ type swap with someone like Ameobi/Bellion/(C)Cole/Stead? I hope not

If we lost AJ and had to get one of the above Bellion wouldn't be a bad bet. Pacy as all hell, decent finisher. Not as good as AJ and losing him would suck a huge amount of dick, but he'd ease the pain somewhat.

davematt
26-10-2004, 08:10 AM
This is all our own doing. We are worried about losing him but we are the one's leaping praise on him and saying how great we think he is. AJ has actually not spoken to the Press once this season in a press conference like manor, apart from a after match interview. We are blowing this AJ stuff out of proportion.

Popester
26-10-2004, 08:16 AM
There doesnt seem to be any need to worry at this point in time. In my opinion, Dowie is merely stating the obvious.

arussell
26-10-2004, 08:45 AM
In the wrong forum of course, but I'm closing this at the request of the thread starter.