PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Smith

zonin2000
27-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Arsenal had a player called Ryan Smith playing on the left hand side of midfield tonight. Looks promising, and might be a realistic loan target?

http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?PLID=31662&CLID=1184&title=Player+profile+-+Ryan+Smith&nav=Player+Files

zonin2000
27-10-2004, 11:51 PM
All of their reserves looked very, very comfortable tonight (as did ours, I must add!).

Pezzadoner
28-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Daniel Karbassiyoon and Quincy Owusu Abeyie also looked to have great left feet and IMO Quincy looked quality in particular. I think he came on for Smith when he got inj.

Could take a look at all three of these but unlikely considering our recent dealings with Arsenal and don't forget Kollka has been playing pretty well of late.

cpfc_spc1982
28-10-2004, 12:26 PM
kolkka , lakis and wayne are all better whats the point.

zonin2000
28-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Pezzadoner
Could take a look at all three of these but unlikely considering our recent dealings with Arsenal and don't forget Kollka has been playing pretty well of late.

The other two you mentioned are also good shouts, as is the comment about our recent dealings with Arsenal.

I know that Kolkka has been playing well recently, but Dowie wants two players for every position, and at the moment we don't have backup for Kolkka (Dougie played there last night).

These young Arsenal lads aren't your Ben Thornleys or your Michael Cleggs, these kids are genuine talent.

Benzhiyi
28-10-2004, 12:31 PM
So were Ben Thornley and Michael Clegg once upon a time, Mike.

zonin2000
28-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Oooh, listen to the wise owl. :)

nottsunieagle
28-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000

I know that Kolkka has been playing well recently, but Dowie wants two players for every position, and at the moment we don't have backup for Kolkka (Dougie played there last night).

i thought the whole point that we didn't go in for another left midfielder was because of tyrone berry?

zonin2000
28-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I heard that he wasn't all that and a sack of potato snacks.

Latvian Eagle
28-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
So were Ben Thornley and Michael Clegg once upon a time, Mike.

Michael Clegg played in the Champions League. :o Oh and one of his brothers (the only one not to go into pro football ... Mark) is engaged to a friend of mine.

Can't think of the other Clegg though. He's at the same club as Michael though I think.

Dartford Lad
29-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
Michael Clegg played in the Champions League. :o Oh and one of his brothers (the only one not to go into pro football ... Mark) is engaged to a friend of mine.

Can't think of the other Clegg though. He's at the same club as Michael though I think.

Michael has been released by Oldham.

Are George and Steven his two other brothers? If so, Steven plays non-league and George has just been released by Northwich Victoria.

Latvian Eagle
30-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Dartford Lad
Michael has been released by Oldham.

Are George and Steven his two other brothers? If so, Steven plays non-league and George has just been released by Northwich Victoria.

Michael is the eldest, Mark the middle, and George was the youngest. Both Michael and George played for Man Utd. Mark was a good footballer too by all accounts but when I spoke to him he said that he got in a ruck with his manager, and decided not to carry on playing, and decided to go into weightlifting. He doesn't do that now though. You can tell they're brothers they all look alike. :)

hernehilleagle
30-10-2004, 07:54 PM
I think Kollka is playing well enough to stay in the team at the moment