PDA

View Full Version : Replacement(s) For Wayne?

honeysuckle
28-10-2004, 10:39 AM
If Wayne leaves - Who to bring in assuming that Tommy Black isn't the answer? This is difficult 'cos wayne is young, full of potential and already very good. I'm not well enough informed to know of anyone else in Europe that's like him.

Still that's not going to stop me having a bit of fun and suggesting a few players. Two in Europe and two in England.

England:

Luke Chadwick and not just because he could be Dowie's son. He's quick and direct and could fit in easily to Wayne's postion.

Paul Mckenna. He appears to love playing against Palace so why not have him playing for us. After several years in the North End first team he might be ready to leave Lancashire.

Sebastien Diesler - No hope here but he is a superb crosser of the ball and now that his debilitating illness is behind him he's going to be a European star.

Mehdi Makdavikia - A couple of years ago he was the Asian player of the year. He's played loads of games for Iran and SV Hamburg might want to cash in on him.

I take it Zambrotta Ze Maria isn't looking for a move to south London.

dorkinglad

jordanismygod
28-10-2004, 10:43 AM
I reckon we should go for Lakis?:rolleyes:

stevey_d
28-10-2004, 10:46 AM
I heard that we r going for Marvin Elliot or whatever his name is? He plays for millwall, he is young and the dowies were watching the game the other nite?

honeysuckle
28-10-2004, 10:56 AM
My Millwall mates will be mightily fed up if we get Marvin Elliot. He's a right back but could be converted to a wing back. He's not a Routledge type of player though.

Gazza2
28-10-2004, 11:05 AM
As said by "Jordanismygod", we already have Lakis who is a direct repalcement for Wayne. Surely people realised that his signing was a consequence of Wayne being out of contract soon and not showing much sign of agreeing an extension.

Sir.S.C Remembered
28-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Pennant

GOD
28-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Rosset - opps sorry wrong game ;)

suits_you
28-10-2004, 11:15 AM
lakis gets my vote. based on the tiny amount we have seen him play. but he looks good, i would of liked to see him play last nite actually.

aj_is_god
28-10-2004, 12:03 PM
LAKIS OR
CRISTIANO RONALDO

cpfc_spc1982
28-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
My Millwall mates will be mightily fed up if we get Marvin Elliot. He's a right back but could be converted to a wing back. He's not a Routledge type of player though.

hes a centre midfielder.

cpfc_spc1982
28-10-2004, 12:29 PM
lakis
berry?

darren bent
ricketts
ifill
pennant

tonkers
28-10-2004, 12:30 PM
david beckham?

Shipp Ahoy!
28-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
Pennant

Offer Wayne and cash in January.

Would be delighted to get him.

davematt
Originally posted by tonkers
david beckham?

No thanks, I wouldn't mind Shaun Wright Phillips :)

zonin2000
Lakis.

Pezzadoner
28-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
lakis
berry?

darren bent
ricketts
ifill
pennant

I hope you mean Rowan and not Michael. I think Rowans potential is being wasted, I thought we should have tried to sign/loan him in the summer. I know he's right footed but I saw him playing on the left for spurs a couple of times last year and he looked really good.

I'd say give Lakis his chance, but this is all assuming that WR actually goes. I'm hoping ID can talk him into signing a new contract and with a bit of ID's N. Irish luck he will.

Funk Butter
28-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
Sebastien Diesler - No hope here but he is a superb crosser of the ball and now that his debilitating illness is behind him he's going to be a European star.
Actually, I think I heard he went back to the asylum. (or whatever its called in Germany)

Stavros 69
28-10-2004, 07:25 PM
pennant no doubt

OneSize
28-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Pennant is the perfect replacement should wayne leave

Richwak
28-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Lakis is the man for the job, but pennant would also be an awesome signing

Jasper
28-10-2004, 08:55 PM
If we were to stay up I could realisticly see us getting Pennant, he would be a fantastic replacement for Routledge, however im not resigned to the fact that Wayne will go to spurs just yet. All the players at Palace seem to have great respect for Iain Dowie and if he can convince Routledge that he would be better off staying with Palace for at least a few more years then he may sign a new contract.

eagles #1
29-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Pennant would not come permantly.

jazman
29-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Lakis, but where was he on Wednesday?

GreatGonzo
29-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Why not?

He is not getting the opportunities at Arsenal at the moment and is unlikely to if he doesn't break in as a regular this year.

If he wants a fat pay check he would stay if he wants to play football he would move.

He proved he could play at Premiership level for Leeds last season but the question remains still whether he can play at Arsenal level or not.

I would not be suprised to see him move!

Why does everyone type Lakis and leave it at that? Yes we have Lakis but then what if he is injured? We MUST have 2 right wingers who can play at premiership level!

nookiebear
29-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Lakis looks a good player to me
Kollka can play right wing as well, so we have cover

BW_Palace
29-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Yes, but if Kolkka moves from left wing who do you play there?

britabroad
29-10-2004, 05:07 PM

relapse . . . :(

BW_Palace
29-10-2004, 05:18 PM
And even if the illness was behind him we'd have no chance anyway. He's probably one of Germany's best midfielders (when he's fully "fit.")

muswell eagle
29-10-2004, 06:02 PM
I thought that the whole reason for lakis is that he is there to replace him in the future. Hopefully wayne stays though :p

Jim Cannon
29-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo

Why does everyone type Lakis and leave it at that? Yes we have Lakis but then what if he is injured? We MUST have 2 right wingers who can play at premiership level!

I'd take Pennant for sure. Just don't mention his name to Harry Redknap or he'll nick him first.

Webb
30-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by aj_is_god
CRISTIANO RONALDO

:bash: :confused:

Welcome to the real world.

IF Routledge goes Lakis, from what I've seen, and Pennant would be the perfect replacement.

lordanton
30-10-2004, 02:58 PM
If Routeledge went i reckon we'd put Kolkka on the right and buy a new left winger.

nomad
31-10-2004, 04:34 PM
These posts about Wayne on his way are really getting very tiresome. All these clever people with inside knowledge really don't know any more than I do whether he will go or whether he will stay. The saddos who seem to spend most of their time awake on the BBS ought to get a life. So far, according to the "experts", Wayne has been linked with Tottenham, Liverpool, Newcastle and Birmingham, not to mention the "possible" interest from Chelsea and Arsenal. How about being positive for a change and then maybe, just maybe, Wayne will stay (providing he gets rid of Stretford that is).

Palaceboy222
31-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
Yes, but if Kolkka moves from left wing who do you play there?

Kily Gonzarles ;)

Denim Demon
01-11-2004, 11:59 AM
I put my vote on Pennant!...and Ralph Nader...

bigee
01-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Do we really think we can attract a big name replacement for WR?With supposed interest from a couple of premier teams why the hell do we not just offer WR what he is worth/certainly what we would have to offer some of the replacements being mentioned?We do/should not need a replacement.

jazman
01-11-2004, 12:41 PM
No-one, Wayne is not going anywhere!

FrankieBoy
03-11-2004, 01:44 PM
I bet he goes to Tottenham for 3 million !! ;)

modernsouler
03-11-2004, 08:39 PM
I bet he stays until the summer and keeps us up!!

nottsunieagle
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by FrankieBoy
I bet he goes to Tottenham for 3 million !! ;)

or maybe the fact that santini has quit means he may stay?

JJO
06-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
or maybe the fact that santini has quit means he may stay?

Frank Arnesen has been in charge of their player acquisitions since his arrival. Obviously the manager has a say, but in the "director of football" system it's the DoF who has the ultimate say whereas the manager is more of an elaborate first team coach. At least if it follows the continental style as I believe it has been moulded at Spurs.

In any case Routledge will surely remain a target as Spurs really do need fresh faces down the right flank.

nomad
06-11-2004, 09:15 PM
After what I have cseen of Wayne today, the sooner he goes the better. He was absolutely dreadful and could not even stay in the dug-out when substituted to cheer on the team. I assumed he was injured, as he went back to the changing rooms, but, apparently, not. We were immense today but Routledge did nothing and Dowie was right to sub him. Seems to have the same attitude as Gray, so good riddance on that basis.

SwampThing
08-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by nomad
Seems to have the same attitude as Gray, so good riddance on that basis.
Routledge says he wants to stay at Palace...

http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=236619&cpid=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Routledge+waiting+on+new+deal

I don't remember Gray ever saying that.

hernehilleagle
08-11-2004, 04:03 PM
I thought Lakis was excellent against Arsenal

brighton_eagle
08-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by nomad
After what I have cseen of Wayne today, the sooner he goes the better. He was absolutely dreadful and could not even stay in the dug-out when substituted to cheer on the team. I assumed he was injured, as he went back to the changing rooms, but, apparently, not. We were immense today but Routledge did nothing and Dowie was right to sub him. Seems to have the same attitude as Gray, so good riddance on that basis.

Erm, he was injured. He's a young player with lots of potential. He may not be the finished article, but for someone so young he's having a good season so far and can still improve.

We certainly should do what we can to keep him.

TheCharmer
08-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by SwampThing

http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=236619&cpid=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Routledge+waiting+on+new+deal

Thats good news if he follow s that statement by signing a contract. More of a worry to me in this piece in the Evening Standard is the fact that Wayne is taking no part in negotiations and that his agent is dealing with it all. Agent s make more money when player s move.

Eric the Ginga
08-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Routledge can go as far I'm concerned.
Yes he's tricky and beats a few players however.............
he couldn't cross a 't'
Get the money quick and keep Lakis. I think he looks great.
Pennant? No thanks, for me yet another youngster in the Gray, Morrison mould. i.e. think they're better than they are, that football owes them a living and brimful of arrogance. Leave him to warm the bench elsewhere.

Let's all have a party with Aki Rihilati, la la la la

TheCharmer
08-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SwampThing

Thats good news if he follow s that statement by signing a contract. More of a worry to me in this piece in the Evening Standard is the fact that Wayne is taking no part in negotiations and that his agent is dealing with it all. Agent s make more money when player s move.

brighton_eagle
08-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Eric the Ginga
Routledge can go as far I'm concerned.
Yes he's tricky and beats a few players however.............
he couldn't cross a 't'
Get the money quick and keep Lakis. I think he looks great.
Pennant? No thanks, for me yet another youngster in the Gray, Morrison mould. i.e. think they're better than they are, that football owes them a living and brimful of arrogance. Leave him to warm the bench elsewhere.

Can you explain to me how Routledge has got so many assists then?

bigee
08-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Nomad,WTF are you on?Why do you say he seems to have an attitude problem?He was only subbed due to injury,nothing sinister in not sitting on the bench when you have just been sick in the changing room,WR is Palace through and through,he has been at the club since his early teens and on that basis longer than anyone else in the squad.He has now come out and said he would love to stay with the club...but,as I have frequently said they have still NOT spoken to him.