PDA

View Full Version : Johnson on his way ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

transworld
31-10-2004, 10:24 AM
A report in the People sport section today says that Liverpool are looking to take AJ to Anfield for around 6m, apparently they are putting together a scouting package at the moment. Also there was a report that Wayne is going to Newcastle in a money plus player deal that would see us getting Chopra who is a striker.

I am only putting on here what is in the paper and I hope neither of these things happen.

Thanet Eagle
31-10-2004, 10:30 AM
There will be hundreds of reports linking AJ with just about every top club(and Liverpool),I guess we should take them with a pinch of salt(especially if they are in that rag that is the People).

Gooders
31-10-2004, 10:32 AM
They'll need more than £6 million, but interest from them would not surprise me in the slightest.

Chopra is out on loan in the lower leagues - nowhere near good enough for this level.

chav_hater
31-10-2004, 10:32 AM
This rumour is so obvious considering that Cisse broke his leg last night, shows the intelligence of the journalists at the People

sydney eagle
31-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Thanet Eagle
There will be hundreds of reports linking AJ with just about every top club(and Liverpool), :D LOL

Thing is,AJ seems happy to be playing for us and has a great relationship with everyone at Palace.I can't see him wanting to leave in the near future......and we'd be absolutely MAD to sell him

Load of crap I'd say those articles are

matayusgiovanni
31-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Maybe Liverpool see Andy as similar to Owen in his pomp, all pace and work rate allied with a clinical side too.

BLUE BOY
31-10-2004, 10:41 AM
The more AJ scores the more he is going to be linked with a move to a bigger club. As it stands at the moment though, we have no reason to sell.

Random*
31-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by chav_hater
This rumour is so obvious considering that Cisse broke his leg last night

Yup.

Loads of teams will be looking to put in money for AJ in January, and they'd likely pay a lot more than we could wages wise... but he has signed a new contract, so we can keep him here for a while whatever the other teams wish to bid.

But, if we're offered £10 million+ then the chairman has a big choice to make. Potentially, he is worth more to us than that by keeping us in the Premier, but £10 million is £10 million on your balance sheet, whereas a player's projected value is nothing on your balance sheet.

strawberry mivi
31-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Random*
Yup.

..... but £10 million is £10 million on your balance sheet, whereas a player's projected value is nothing on your balance sheet.

sad but true

eagles #1
31-10-2004, 11:03 AM
but who in the world can replace AJ??

holysheeeet
31-10-2004, 11:04 AM
suicidal move if theres any truth in this, but then we are famous for it arent we , sold wrighty, collymore, armstrong , etc etc etc the list is endless, if he goes and for a paltry 6 million, then we can kiss goodbye to the prem, jeez its tough enough already, id rattle letter after letter off to jordan if he sold him, total lack of ambition and foresight in my opinion , and would dowie be happy ? shouldnt think so. selling your crown jewel isnt good buisiness if you are serious about staying up !

mainstandeagle
31-10-2004, 11:23 AM
If Drogba went for £25million, why can't AJ go for £35million? I know it sounds stupid but Chelsea have set a ridiculous precedent and we can demand so much more than £10million. We would be mad to sell him for peanuts, if we even sell him.

congress
31-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Scott parker went for £10 million. Enough said really.

I would be looking around the 13 million mark ;)

Random*
31-10-2004, 11:27 AM
SJ is a Palace fan, and wouldn't let AJ go for as little as £6 million, besides, at a value of £6 million it doesn't really make much sense (at least to a gambler) to sell:

AJ has three possible values:
1. £6 million in January '05
2. A reduced value after we get relegated, say £3 million
3. A large portion of the extra money from staying in the Premier, plus his Premier value - total of around £15 million (maybe more)

So the choice is whether to bank the £6 million in January... or gamble, whereby you may either lose £3 million, or gain £9 million.

At the moment, I would say that keeping AJ gives us a good chance of staying up, so any gambler worth his salt wouldn't think about taking the £6 million.

Plus, even assuming that Ventola can step into AJ's boots, we may need to spend a little to find a backup for him.

Raoul Duke
31-10-2004, 11:34 AM
AJ's great run of form is the reason that we are not still bottom. It would have to be an offer too good to refuse - and 6m is nowhere near that mark. Unless we get relegated ofcourse.

Clapham Grand
31-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Journalists making stuff up cos Cisse is injured

weh8millwall
31-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by chav_hater
This rumour is so obvious considering that Cisse broke his leg last night, shows the intelligence of the journalists at the People

Was saying the exact same thing watching Match of the Day last night...

davematt
31-10-2004, 12:35 PM
AJ will be here until the summer at the very least. We will not sell him in January UNLESS we get a crazy bid between £10-15 million. If we recieved this sort of bid we would not agree to it until we can find a replacement. IF this all happened (It wont!) I would launch a bid for Nathan Ellington or Carlton Cole, as Chelsea would sell if they recieved a good offer. Saying all this, it wont happen. SJ will not sell rising stars whilst we are still in the Premiership.

mojoeagle
31-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Please don't let this happen. Chopra has been linked with us before hasn't he at the beginning of the season?

PalaceSi
31-10-2004, 01:04 PM
The more goals he scores the more he'll turn heads and the more likely he'll leave so get someone else to take the spot kicks for a start. He's only scored 5 from open play which wouldn't have got him quite as much attention. I think he'll stay for a couple of seasons but English strikers are in very short supply so they'll be plenty of offers for him shortly and if they're large enough he'll have to go.

Dave
31-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Liverpool don't have 6M

Shipp Ahoy!
31-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Won't happen.

KungFuCharlie
31-10-2004, 01:58 PM
This may just be me, but AJ is only doing so well cos of the way we play. I honestly couldnt see him doing all that well at any other club, unless they were to adopt our system lock stock and barrel. I think AJ knows that. He was nothing before he came here, and could well go back to that if he left. He'd be a fool to go. We'd be fools to let him go unless we were already relegated, which we wont be.

Won't happen.

Ridcully
31-10-2004, 02:06 PM
To be honest the way AJ is playing at the moment, every club in the Prem probably would like him....I think he'll be with us for a while yet though. Have a sneaky feeling eventually though that he'll end up at Arsenal as they play the sort of game that he'd fit in well with.

ROCK'N'ROLL
31-10-2004, 02:28 PM
It's supposedly quite well known that they are after Morientes from Real Madrid.

And I think that they'll get him.

firesign
31-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by transworld
A report in the People sport section today says that Liverpool are looking to take AJ to Anfield for around 6m, apparently they are putting together a scouting package at the moment. Also there was a report that Wayne is going to Newcastle in a money plus player deal that would see us getting Chopra who is a striker.

A scouting package??? WTF? Are Liverpool hoping to tempt AJ with a camping weekend in Snowdonia? And they are hoping to take AJ to Anfield for £6m? Well I'm hoping to take Kirsty Gallacher to bed for £50 but it aint gonna happen. 'Creative' journalism at best. Take one striker with a broken leg, add one striker in great form, mix in with cliche that 'big' teams can buy whoever they want, pluck a figure out of mid-air and hey presto! AJ's off to Liverpool.

A complete non-story.

aj_is_god
31-10-2004, 03:06 PM
SJ is a Palace fan, and wouldn't let AJ go for as little as £6 million, besides, at a value of £6 million it doesn't really make much sense (at least to a gambler) to sell:

3. A large portion of the extra money from staying in the Premier, plus his Premier value - total of around £15 million (maybe more)

So the choice is whether to bank the £6 million in January... or gamble, whereby you may either lose £3 million, or gain £9 million.

At the moment, I would say that keeping AJ gives us a good chance of staying up, so any gambler worth his salt wouldn't think about taking the £6 million.

Plus, even assuming that Ventola can step into AJ's boots, we may need to spend a little to find a backup for him.

we aint gettin relegated and we aint sellin aj

Webb
31-10-2004, 03:14 PM
A wondeful reply to a great post from Random*. Well said.

dougie_for_pm
31-10-2004, 03:29 PM
People = very sh1t paper

my suggestion would be to buy a different paper

kolinkins
31-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by KungFuCharlie
This may just be me, but AJ is only doing so well cos of the way we play. I honestly couldnt see him doing all that well at any other club, unless they were to adopt our system lock stock and barrel. I think AJ knows that. He was nothing before he came here, and could well go back to that if he left. He'd be a fool to go. We'd be fools to let him go unless we were already relegated, which we wont be.

Won't happen.

He's scored goals playing as one of 3 strikers, wide right, playing with Dougie, off Ships, with Sandy, and now up front on his own. We have played a variety of ways, and he has always scored goals. Whats your point?

KungFuCharlie
31-10-2004, 04:39 PM
My point is that he is brilliant at the moment at scoring goals on the break, in a team that plays like Greece did, pack the midfield, soak up the pressure, use pace as the outlet. Yes, he did score plenty of goals last year, but last year he didn't play against Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand or John Terry.

We may have played a variety of ways this year, but we also lost a lot of games playing those other ways. At this level, I dont think he'd do so well playing for another team. That is my point.

cpfc_spc1982
31-10-2004, 05:02 PM
chopra isnt good enough.
wouldnt be so bothered if wayne left and the right replacement was bought but not aj.

PalaceFan in Alabama
31-10-2004, 05:11 PM
I could not see anything in my local mullet (fish) wrapper, so it has to be a load of b0llocks :p

Freddy Kurz
31-10-2004, 05:12 PM
This is the easiest kind of story any lazy journalist will wish to write,
and any tabloid editor will be ready to print. Anybody who knows
anything about the current Premier League could construct such a
yarn without having one iota of hard evidence. Why Palace fans
should wish to give the slightest credence to this rubbish is hard to
understand, but they would be well advised to ignore all of it.

Braders
31-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Be honest, these sorts of reports will happen all the time, now the transfer windows gets nearer.AJ won't move,its as simple as that.

stwilley
31-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Agreed
For the whole time that Palace 'surprise' people and 'prove the doubters wrong' people will look closely at us to find out why. AJ is one of the reasons for this and as such will be looked at and cited with every move possible

Keep the faith, AJ is ours unless we get an awful lot of money.

orpington pisshead
31-10-2004, 07:54 PM
aj has just signed a 5yr contract ffs he wont leave for a while yet calm down.

ultra_combo
31-10-2004, 08:10 PM
I heard from a mate of mine that the spurs manager is getting sick of defoe and willing to use him in a swap deal for A.J

nottsunieagle
31-10-2004, 09:03 PM
we won't sell him anyway. our style of play suits him getting on the end of things and that's why he's getting so many goals.

to be honest though, if we have to sell for 10m plus, which will be justifiable when he gets his first england cap, then i'd get ashton for 4m, and spend the rest on kily gonzalez:D

davematt
31-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ultra_combo
I heard from a mate of mine that the spurs manager is getting sick of defoe and willing to use him in a swap deal for A.J

Behave. Defoe is probably only one of 3 players I would want to replace AJ. Henry & Reyes are the other two, and I would make Rooney another!:p

Owngoal
31-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Dowie would walk if that happened. Liverpool also have a history of signing strikers (Owen was homegrown) in recent times who underperform, that would not be the case with AJ so we know that Liverpool will buy a Spaniard who flops. AJ loves Dowie, putting credit for his emergence as a deadly striker to Dowie today. He would not dream of leaving. By the seasons end he will have been clogged down by some excellent defenders who will panick when they see his heels, he will be in the England squad (Sven must be there next week) and we will be fending off bids from the likes of Real (hence the 5 year contract so if he does ever go, it will be for full value). There will be rumours about Newcastle being after Fitz next as he gets more MOM awards, he also loves Dowie. I hope that wayne sees that he could develop better under ID as well, the Spurs grass is suddenly not greener. I look forward to us turning over some of the bigger teams in November as they hit their bad patches and Garry L shows our highlights outside of the 2 minute graveyard slot.

Seagull_AA
31-10-2004, 09:25 PM
When I watched Palace agaisnt Fulham, I defintely saw that Bigger clubs would be sniffing very soon and if he wants international status with England. He will very likely leave Palace. I know how you feel as Zamoro went for us Seagulls and he was a great player.

Pity we aint got a great stadium...

http://www.20six.co.uk/pub/true_blue3/finalgif.gif

Leap of faith
31-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Start the bidding at an initial £15m folks rising to £20m (appearances etc). Anything less would be a giveaway at the moment. Afterall who would we get to replace him?

Seagull_AA
31-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Dont take Knight from us as we can't afford to buy new players what with Falmer cost us 2.5m and it aint even started construction.

If you take Knight than were are going down.

Leap of faith
31-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by firesign
Well I'm hoping to take Kirsty Gallacher to bed for £50

:love: :o

Iain Dowie
31-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Dont take Knight from us as we can't afford to buy new players what with Falmer cost us 2.5m and it aint even started construction.

Why would we want Knight hes sh!t,and 2.5 mil is nothing to us,we could GIVE you it and still have 15 million left

Seagull_AA
31-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Cheers.

We'll take the £15m than!:)

LLCOOLSTEVE
31-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Gooders

Chopra is out on loan in the lower leagues - nowhere near good enough for this level.

Yet.

dj3071
31-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Why would SJ sell AJ he has just got him to sign a 5 year deal. I think AJ shown us all on saturday that although he still has feelings for his previous club he is a very committed individual, has integrity and has a massive feeling of loyalty. The only way SJ would sell him if silly money was involved and that would only come from Chelski and I don't think they are after another forward no matter how good he is.

Il Padrino
01-11-2004, 09:30 AM
In the Sun today:
Johnson on Rafa wish-list
By DAVID FACEY

ANDY JOHNSON has joined Real Madrid’s Fernando Morientes at the top of Liverpool’s most wanted list following Djibril Cisse’s horrific injury.

Cisse underwent surgery on his left leg yesterday and is out for the season.

With his stock of strikers suddenly looking threadbare, boss Rafael Benitez will have to make a big-money signing in the January transfer window.

Handing Real Madrid back part of the £8million they paid Liverpool for Michael Owen in exchange for Morientes remains his most likely option.

But Anfield chiefs have been impressed with Crystal Palace hitman Johnson, who has already bagged eight Premiership goals.

Eagles boss Iain Dowie will be desperate to hang on to his in-form striker.

But Palace would find it difficult to resist a huge return on the £750,000 they paid for Johnson as part of the £4.25m deal that took Clinton Morrison to Birmingham.

davematt
01-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Il Padrino
In the Sun today:
By DAVID FACEY

ANDY JOHNSON has joined Real Madrid’s Fernando Morientes at the top of Liverpool’s most wanted list following Djibril Cisse’s horrific injury.

Cisse underwent surgery on his left leg yesterday and is out for the season.

With his stock of strikers suddenly looking threadbare, boss Rafael Benitez will have to make a big-money signing in the January transfer window.

Handing Real Madrid back part of the £8million they paid Liverpool for Michael Owen in exchange for Morientes remains his most likely option.

But Anfield chiefs have been impressed with Crystal Palace hitman Johnson, who has already bagged eight Premiership goals.

Eagles boss Iain Dowie will be desperate to hang on to his in-form striker.

But Palace would find it difficult to resist a huge return on the £750,000 they paid for Johnson as part of the £4.25m deal that took Clinton Morrison to Birmingham.

All these stories are coming from newspapers with no respect so no need to worry. AJ will not be sold in January, I am 100% certain of this

Chief Brody
01-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
He's scored goals playing as one of 3 strikers, wide right, playing with Dougie, off Ships, with Sandy, and now up front on his own. We have played a variety of ways, and he has always scored goals. Whats your point?

Well made Kolinkins.

Gooders
01-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Yet.

We have quite enough players filed under "one for the future".

If we did lose AJ (and I think it unlikely this early) then we would need proven quality to replace him.

Merton Eagle
01-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Ref 2: How much was Robert Earnshaw signed for? How much was Defoe signed for? When players have proved their premiership ability, they're valued at premiership prices, regardless of what division we are in. The wage structure and spending at Palace has been set-up to survive possible relegation for a season with a strong squad. Therefore, any worry over. Couldn't give a cr@p about these stories.

celery stick
01-11-2004, 09:49 AM
So Liverpool now have a shortage of strikers.

Some journo thinks who will replace Cisse? We know they want Morientes from Real, but what about home? He has a look at the Premiership top scorer list and who's at the top?
Oh look Andy Johnson, 'I bet Liverpool would like to have him as a replacment', he thinks.

Cue copy - 'Liverpool are being linked with Real Madrid's Morientes and Crystal Palace's Andrew Johnson in their bid to find a replcement for Cisse who will be out for the rest of the season . . blah blah'

Every manager in the Prem would like to have AJ in their forwardline at the moment.
AJ seems a man of integrity and in every interview I've ever heard, he goes on about how much he loves working with Dowie, and how much he is enjoying his football at Palace. I bellieve him. He'd be daft to leg it to Liverpool now while he is still making his name with us.

The very very earliest we'll lose AJ is at the end of the season.

celery stick
01-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Il Padrino
In the Sun today:
By DAVID FACEY

Mr Facey, AJ is key to us staying in the Prem and so is worth more to us at the club than any cash we can get for him!

I am less worried about this piece of cut and paste journalism than any of the stories about Iain Dowie going to Leeds, Southampton, Blackburn etc.

Freddy Kurz
01-11-2004, 10:12 AM
The "Sun" and News International have a vested interest in sucking up to
Liverpool and their fans as they continue to try to heal the rift over the
insult over Hillsbororough perpetratated by Mackenzie. This is just the
kind of story to pull in readers at Anfield, irrespective of whether there is
any basis of fact (and they have nothing to go on except that the Reds
need another striker, AJ's 8 Premier League goals will have excited the
interest of most top sides bereft of strikers, Liverpool have loads of money and Palace haven't). Dowie won't want AJ to go anywhere,
while AJ would prefer to stay at Palace with Dowie where he is happy and why he signed a five year extension to his contract(unless, super mega-bucks were offered by Liverpool?) which will leave everything down to Jordan, who would have to decide between disrupting
Dowie's entire project for developing the side into a Premier League
outfit, sowing utter demoralisation among fans and players OR
becoming very, very rich. We must all hope that Simon if made to
decide will act in the best long-term interests of CPFC and hang on
to AJ. Remember the lessons of Ian Wright!

Freddy Kurz
01-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
We have quite enough players filed under "one for the future".

If we did lose AJ (and I think it unlikely this early) then we would need proven quality to replace him.

And if there was a quality replacement available, how much would he
cost Gooders?!

Will S
01-11-2004, 11:09 AM
I can't see us selling AJ in January under any circumstances.

anti-addick
01-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Seagull_AA
When I watched Palace agaisnt Fulham, I defintely saw that Bigger clubs would be sniffing very soon and if he wants international status with England. He will very likely leave Palace. I know how you feel as Zamoro went for us Seagulls and he was a great player.

Pity we aint got a great stadium...

Please don't include AJ in the same sentence as Bobby Zamora, unless it is one about different scales for football talent

honeysuckle
01-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Hello KungFuCharlie - I can see the point you are making that we are playing to AJ's strengths. I don't think you are right though. On Saturday we had once shot on target and scored. This is hardly operating a system that plays to the strengths of your leading forward.

I suspect that AJ would be more effective if he plays around an old fashioned centre forward who holds the ball up and allows AJ to run into space. I also think Hughes is better playing off a Shipperley style centre forward.

To your other point - I really can't see why AJ wouldn't be a success at another club. My concern is that without him who is going to score goals on a regualr basis.

ozeagle
01-11-2004, 11:29 AM
ridiculous, no one's going anywhere..

Son of Ron
01-11-2004, 11:29 AM
But, if we're offered £10 million+ then the chairman has a big choice to make. Potentially, he is worth more to us than that by keeping us in the Premier, but £10 million is £10 million on your balance sheet, whereas a player's projected value is nothing on your balance sheet.

er, no thats not true. I prepare to be shot down by any accountants on here but :

AJ is an asset of CPFC, so his projected value would appear on the balance sheet. If he is sold for £10m, that money would appear in your P&L, and the asset would be removed from your balance sheet.

But anyway, I take your point - there will be a sum that Jordan won't be able to resist and personally I think this would be nearer the £8m mark.

Brett
01-11-2004, 01:03 PM
If AJ has any sense, he'll ignore his agent and stay where he is. He's not good enough for a top club or England. Yet.

The same goes for young Routledge. Though if Wayne only has eyes for Florence Nightingale then that's his bad.

Brett
01-11-2004, 01:05 PM
PS - let's not forget how depressed the current market is. IMVHO, the bidding would start at £3m; at what point Jordan will sell is anyone's guess.

Oisin
01-11-2004, 01:10 PM
I doubt Pool will even get to the bidding stage. The Sun is far from reliable.

jazman
01-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Livepool fans here are grinning in anticipation of this one! Little do they know that they will have to pay a kings ransom to get him. Poor jornalism really what with Cisse breaking his leg and linking them with leading scoring Englishman in the Prem. Liverpool are more likely to go for a Spanish striker anyway i.e. Morientes from Real

Clapham Grand
01-11-2004, 01:36 PM
They'll go for Morientes

CK
01-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
They'll go for Morientes

Or that other little bloke that plays with him. What's his name?? Scored last night:p

nookiebear
01-11-2004, 02:02 PM
I imagine we'll sell AJ if we go down, not before - the player has said again this weekend he loves it at Palace. He seems level headed - the only way he'll go early, IMHO, is if Jordan decides to cash in

ozzieEagle
01-11-2004, 02:05 PM
The only way liverpool could get Johnson to work, the way he does at Palace, would be to grab dowie as well.... and thats worth at least 30 million i reckon !!

IN fact i bet Jordan could hang out for a lot more than that !!

Stavros 69
01-11-2004, 04:04 PM
They are suggesting on Talksport that Liverpool my come in for him since Djibril Cisse is out for the season !!!

little dedders
01-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Stavros 69
They are suggesting on Talksport that Liverpool my come in for him since Djibril Cisse is out for the season !!!

good for them but cisse is only out for this season. chances of us losing aj this season are absolutely miniscule

Cockney Eagle
01-11-2004, 04:08 PM
I saw him on sky last week he said he loved it at palace and didnt wanna leave

westsussexeagle
01-11-2004, 04:09 PM
If they want to buy him out of a 5 year contract it's going to cost them serious money.

greybot
01-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by westsussexeagle
If they want to buy him out of a 5 year contract it's going to cost them serious money.
Shame because he is currently priceless at Palace

Jasper
maybe if we go down but not if we stay up and even less likely in january.

Stavros 69
Guys i'm not going either way just posting what people are talking about. But lets face it contracts mean nothing these days and if it looks like we're down at xmas maybe we might cash in on him.

CK
01-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Please let me do this. ...Err.. "there's another thread on this"

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94220

eeeee! never done that to anybody else before. Sorry.:)

Stavros 69
01-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Arrrh bollocks to it. Just get rid of this puppy then.

hernehilleagle
01-11-2004, 04:17 PM
I don't think he would go

little dedders
01-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by hernehilleagle
I don't think he would go

not for 6 million anyway, i'd want nearer 10

doof
01-11-2004, 04:44 PM
A blatantly made up story BUT I'd be suprised if AJ wasn't on Liverpool's or any other clubs wish list at the moment.

A premiership striker that scores like he does is worth a fortune. I'd value him at £10-13 million at the moment - but the best thing about AJ is that he will only get better. He has made the step up from Division 1 and looks a better player - he looks more than comfortable at this level. If we have any ambition why should we let any team have AJ? It would be suicide to sell AJ - we might as well get rid of Hall, Hughes and Aki while we are at it. If AJ was playing for a top club and still scoring he'd be worth £20 million+

Stavros 69
01-11-2004, 04:49 PM
I think we as Palace fans realise that contracts dont mean anything anymore. If Liverpool come in with a half decent offer and AJ wants to go then he's gone. I dont want this to happen but it's the way football goes these days.

Random*
01-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Bollocks. Liverpool have no money left - they spent it all in the summer, although they may get a few quid from insurance on Cisse, it wouldn't cover AJ.

dj3071
01-11-2004, 06:52 PM
So who has money then ?

Chelski - don't need another striker I think they might prefere drop-bar to score more than once sorry twice in the season.

Arse-nil, and ManUre can't see them all that excited.

Biggest threat Newcastle probably they would have the money and might see him as a ready made replacement for Shear-a.

Liverpool with a foriegn manager will be lookin foriegn.

Blackburn the comedy side of Premier football could have the money but I can't see AJ going from one dog fight to another.

Villa could be dodgey they were trying very hard to get Soton Player Beattie for about 8 Million in August failed could change direction. Would AJ want to go to the other team in Brummy land? Probably against his religon so that's okay.

Everton ?? someone can help we with that one not a blues expert.

Man City ??

Yidos - Defoe spent to much on him to try someone else just yet.

Middlesbro - Hastlebank.

Fulham, Bolton, Pompey, Soton, WBA, Norwich, Carlton TV to Poor,

Cleon
02-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Johnson ain't going anywhere. Even if we went down I think he'd stay at least one season as long as Dowie was still here.

Newts G
02-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Cleon
Johnson ain't going anywhere. Even if we went down I think he'd stay at least one season as long as Dowie was still here.

This is the key, Johnson signed an extended contract because Dowie did it first. He was hot property last year because of his scoring record, albeit not with the so called big clubs. He seems an intelligent man and would not of signed such a long deal if he was going to jump ship at the first opportunity, I think he will stay even if we go down.

I believe this "report" is a case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 1000! It is so obvious that an inform striker, that is being talked about all of the time, from a smaller club is going to be linked with a larger club desperate for a new player!

I am more worried about Wayne's situation than AJ's.

Freddy Kurz
02-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by westsussexeagle
Plus his transfer fee!

Daddy Long
02-11-2004, 11:49 AM
How much is another season of Premiership football worth to Palace? £15 million? If correct, that should be the MINIMUM amount that we consider, because without AJ we won't be earning it on a regular basis.

Merton Eagle
02-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Newts G
This is the key, Johnson signed an extended contract because Dowie did it first. He was hot property last year because of his scoring record, albeit not with the so called big clubs. He seems an intelligent man and would not of signed such a long deal if he was going to jump ship at the first opportunity, I think he will stay even if we go down.

I believe this "report" is a case of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 1000! It is so obvious that an inform striker, that is being talked about all of the time, from a smaller club is going to be linked with a larger club desperate for a new player!

I am more worried about Wayne's situation than AJ's. This sums it up. The AJ story worries me about 0.01% and the Routledge one about 30%.

Beanie
02-11-2004, 01:53 PM
At a slight tangent - A Liverpool fan at work announced to me that AJ was on the way to them yesterday. I asked him why Palace would sell, he said because Liverpool needed him now Cisse is injured. I said that was why Liverpool wanted him - but why would Palace sell. His response was the same. After a exchange he was clearly confused, it seemed that he genuinely felt that Palace would sell just because Liverpool wanted them to (even told me that could go as "high" as £4m, and that AJ would "obviously" want the move).

I was stunned - he's (normally) no fool - but the idea that Palace may have a say in such a deal seemed to completely baffle him.

Beanie
02-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Sorry - double post and it declines to delete!:grrr:

smileysmith
02-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
At a slight tangent - A Liverpool fan at work announced to me that AJ was on the way to them yesterday. I asked him why Palace would sell, he said because Liverpool needed him now Cisse is injured. I said that was why Liverpool wanted him - but why would Palace sell. His response was the same. After a exchange he was clearly confused, it seemed that he genuinely felt that Palace would sell just because Liverpool wanted them to (even told me that could go as "high" as £4m, and that AJ would "obviously" want the move).

I was stunned - he's (normally) no fool - but the idea that Palace may have a say in such a deal seemed to completely baffle him.

Unfortunately that is fans of big clubs AND the press for you.

MikeyDread
02-11-2004, 03:05 PM
I agree with previous posts that Liverpool will initially go for Morientes and as he seems to fallen down the pecking order now that Owen seems to be scoring for fun just like AJ, i think he will take it as he is their type of player.

AJ will not go and even if we are struggling at the start of the year, he is too loyal to the team and Dowie in particular to consider unless Liverpool do come in with a £10 mil deal that Jordan will accept

Maidstoned Eagle
02-11-2004, 03:09 PM
This is also the paper that said that Dowie wanted to sign Kasey Keller in January as Kiraly and Speroni have been "dissapointing". Load of tosh.

Disco
02-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Saw some articel today with Benitez saying Liverpool wern't monitoring one player, they were monitoring the whole football world, and were looking for someone cheap and good. Think AJ is out of their price range.

Captain Pizza
02-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by dj3071
So who has money then ?

Chelski - don't need another striker I think they might prefere drop-bar to score more than once sorry twice in the season.

I would have thought quite the opposite. With Mutu gone, neither Drogba or Kezman exactly firing on all cylinders, and unlimited cash, I would have thought Chelsea were more likely than even Liverpool or Newcastle to make a bid for AJ. They can't even be confident that Forssell will ever come back to them now he's badly injured.

I think Liverpool are more likely to go for Morientes given that they have a Spanish manager who has already brought in 3 Spanish players. He'll stick to what he knows best.

nicky
02-11-2004, 04:38 PM
AJ's not famous enough for Chelsea!

Id expect Benitez to sign Morientes over AJ (and they should be able to take Morientes on loan)

I suspect the 'threat' is a big summer bid from Newcastle.

Son of Ron
02-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by nicky
I suspect the 'threat' is a big summer bid from Newcastle.

Thought they were short of the sort of cash we'd be looking for ?
They never seriously had the £20m they bid for Rooney - that was all an agents doing to spark Man Utd into life.

Plus they'd probably want a target man type to replace Shearer.

Rich21T
04-11-2004, 10:18 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=235976&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=3&title=Dowie+in+AJ+admission

read it how you wish!!

Rich21T
04-11-2004, 10:20 PM
i dont think aj will leave... hes only 23 hes got plenty of years ahead... its an exciting time at palace this year... im sure he'll want to stick with us and prove himself as a top english striker...

lordanton
04-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Still, a bit of a worry that article. Hopefully it has been taken out of context.

CPaul
04-11-2004, 10:36 PM
He will stay.

Super-Ste-Cious
04-11-2004, 10:37 PM
well, part of me really thinks he will - but d luck mite be in liverpool setting themselves a higher target i.e morienties

TheCharmer
04-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious
well, part of me really thinks he will - but d luck mite be in liverpool setting themselves a higher target i.e morienties

Not quite sure what this comment means.......

But as a journalist this seems like a cheap story to make. Clearly Dowie s been asked what he think s about the idle speculation involving AJ with a move to Liverpool. And Dowie has stated the obvious.....

Non story for me.....

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Im not so sure about us hanging on to him now.

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-11-2004, 10:51 PM
May i add, not because of that article.

DANCOO
04-11-2004, 10:52 PM
:(

lordanton
04-11-2004, 10:53 PM

What is that supposed to mean?

Riccardo
04-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Let's bring Dougie back ?

bunghole
04-11-2004, 10:55 PM
If he does go to the Scousers (and lets hope to Christ he doesn't :( :bash: ), then it really reinforces the fact that contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on these days. The lad signs a five year contract, yet 5 minutes later he's linked with a move away from the club. :rolleyes:

Dave
04-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Isn't this from the standard a few days agao?

CPFC Town
04-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Look at it this way HE must KNOW!! YES MUST :D

When Cisse comes back next season fingers crossed as i wouldnt wish what happened on any footballer!

AJ must relise he will then be second best and chucked on the bench starting the ODD few.

Here at Palace hes mroe then garented to start.

At the end of the day Dowie is leaving it for AJ to decide for himself. But i personally think AJ has the common sense to stay with us at least till the end of the season :D ..

If/when he stops scoring all this media stuff will pass and it will be back to the usualls :)

CPFC Town
04-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Super-Ste-Cious

Thats what my mate said who would you rather chose AJ or Morientes. Most people would opt for Morientes being a palace fan id say i prefer AJ but would rather Liverpool purcahsed morienties :)

Eagle El
04-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Nothing to see here...

DANCOO
04-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Town
Thats what my mate said who would you rather chose AJ or Morientes. Most people would opt for Morientes being a palace fan id say i prefer AJ but would rather Liverpool purcahsed morienties :)

Did your mate say "but d luck"

Shipp Ahoy!
04-11-2004, 11:18 PM
:(

A bit confusing having said he would be fighting to keep him and he was the clubs crown jewell's why now say this? :confused:

I.Flyer
04-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Im not so sure about us hanging on to him now.

I wish you would 'put up or shut up'. Your tedious innuendo is becoming very irritating. :bash:

lordanton
04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Exactly....you can't say that and then bugger off!

JJO
04-11-2004, 11:51 PM
It is inevitable that Johnson will leave some time in the next 2-3 years if his scoring form continues even remotely like it's been at present. But now is not the time to sell. At present his form is evn a bit too critical to Palace and selling would certainly affect morale negatively as well. Of course it is not smart to force an unhappy player to stay here but so far AJ has given no indication that he must move to a bigger club.

Palace should wait at least until the end of the season especially if the offer is anything under 10m£. Dowie must remember that Liverpool are desperate for a new striker and AJ is certainly not their only option. And if he is, Dowie needs to milk the dirty scousers for every penny they've got.

limited_edition
04-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Doubt he'll go to the Reds. Reckon Rafa will go for Morientes or someone from his native Spain.

daz_eagle
04-11-2004, 11:53 PM
he ain't goin' nowhere.

and if he is, then we should accept nothing lower than 20million.

and if he does, i'll cry.

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by I.Flyer
I wish you would 'put up or shut up'. Your tedious innuendo is becoming very irritating. :bash:

Im sorry, but in the nicest possible way, :moo: off

All im saying is dont be so sure he will stay, then you wont be let down if he goes.

lordanton
04-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Im sorry, but in the nicest possible way, :moo: off

All im saying is dont be so sure he will stay, then you wont be let down if he goes.

Is that just philosophy, or do you know something we don't?

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Im not going to say a thing now :)

zonin2000
05-11-2004, 12:02 AM
:sob:

JJO
05-11-2004, 12:23 AM
this article seems a bit more hopeful on our part

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=315324&cc=5739

BUNGLE
05-11-2004, 12:31 AM
lol, bollox is AJ going anywhere for the time being.

Micky Spilane
05-11-2004, 12:51 AM
All Dowie has done is give a feed to the Journos whilst reassuring AJ that he is held in the highest regard at Palace, if he'd come out and said AJ's going nowhere, he has a contract, then we might have had problems. Good management in my opinion.

milky87
05-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
AJ's great run of form is the reason that we are not still bottom. It would have to be an offer too good to refuse - and 6m is nowhere near that mark. Unless we get relegated ofcourse.

Don't you thimk it could be down to the whole team playing well?

AJ is superb but he does not stop goals going in at the other end!

AJ is getting all the praise but other people deserve some too (not taking anything away from AJ as I want to have his babies)

ozeagle
05-11-2004, 01:33 AM
simple fact of the matter is, we sell him, we go down, we need him, we stay up, we get another 30mill...

TheCharmer
05-11-2004, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by JJO
this article seems a bit more hopeful on our part

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=315324&cc=5739

Top article. No story as far as i m concerned, journalist s just p*ssing in the wind.....And Dowie s attitude is spot on

LP
05-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by milky87
Don't you thimk it could be down to the whole team playing well?

AJ is superb but he does not stop goals going in at the other end!

AJ is getting all the praise but other people deserve some too (not taking anything away from AJ as I want to have his babies)

Thing is though he's the guy that's been putting the ball in the net for us and turning those decent defensive performances into 3 points of late. Without that you end up like Norwich, hard working but unable to score the goals to win matches.

Rich21T
05-11-2004, 11:37 AM
totally agree... dowie isn't stupid he knows whats best, and keepin aj is def wats best!!!!

ROCK'N'ROLL
05-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Crystal Palace Football Club star comments on Liverpool link
11:27 November, 5, 2004
A Crystal Palace Football Club star has commented on rumours that he has been targeted by Liverpool.

FansFC

Much-coveted striker Andy Johnson said: "It is nice to hear big clubs are talking about you, but I don't see why Palace cannot be a big club," he said.

"I would not have signed a new five-year deal here if I wasn't happy and it does not really matter who comes in for me.

"I could have run out this season and next on my old contract and not signed a new one but I am 100 per cent dedicated to Palace."

ROCK'N'ROLL
05-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Enough said.

Raf
05-11-2004, 11:56 AM
What a geezer! Well said, AJ. :D

DANCOO
05-11-2004, 11:56 AM
:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

davematt
05-11-2004, 11:59 AM
What a dude :p

RDSdaEAGLE
05-11-2004, 12:02 PM
I'd say he's 100% dedicated to Iain Dowie. AJ has admitted that if it wasn't for Dowie, he wouldn't be the player he is now.

Jasper
05-11-2004, 12:06 PM
I am vaguely hopeful that Johnson may posess a quality that is absent in many footballers today - Loyalty. I understand when players want to move on to bigger clubs, but in this instance Johnson seems happy to stay with the club that helped him lauch his career, and He has improved so much under Iain Dowie. Nice to see he isnt letting the speulation go to his head.

davematt
05-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Jasper
I am vaguely hopeful that Johnson may posess a quality that is absent in many footballers today - Loyalty. I understand when players want to move on to bigger clubs, but in this instance Johnson seems happy to stay with the club that helped him lauch his career, and He has improved so much under Iain Dowie. Nice to see he isnt letting the speulation go to his head.

Agree. Then again, tell Leeds fans that about Alan 'Leeds till I die' Smith. Two weeks after crying and hugging the fans on the pitch after their last home game, he joins there BIGGEST rivals in Man Utd.

smileysmith
05-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by ROCK'N'ROLL
Andy Johnson said: "It is nice to hear big clubs are talking about you, but I don't see why Palace cannot be a big club," he said.

"I would not have signed a new five-year deal here if I wasn't happy and it does not really matter who comes in for me.

"I could have run out this season and next on my old contract and not signed a new one but I am 100 per cent dedicated to Palace."

I ••••••• love you AJ!! The man is not only one of the most talented players ever to grace Selhurst, but one of the most hard-working and genuinely top blokes I have ever seen. His lack of celebration at Brum only confirmed this for me ... what a man!!!

:lux: :lux: :lux: :p

Johnson
05-11-2004, 03:20 PM
In-Form Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson insists he is not interested in a big money move to Liverpool.

The Anfiels club have been linked with the eight-goal front man after Djibril Cisse broke his leg on Saturday.

Johnson said " It's great to be talked about by such a big club but I have signed for five years at Palace and I want to stay. This is where I've been scoring and where I'm more than happy."

ITV Teletext.

:D :D :D :D

€pfc
05-11-2004, 03:33 PM
good lad

DougleMcNori
05-11-2004, 03:34 PM
velly nice!!!

vich
05-11-2004, 03:36 PM
u knows it makes sense

:D

Tommy Pickle
05-11-2004, 03:37 PM
have a word with Wayne Routledge.

davematt
05-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle
have a word with Wayne Routledge.

I second that, but Wayne will then say say 'I want to play in Europe innit' and then he joins Spurs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Son of Selhurst
05-11-2004, 03:43 PM
That means he's off then.....

nicebutdim
05-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by davematt
I second that, but Wayne will then say say 'I want to play in Europe innit' and then he joins Spurs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The way Spurs are going he's got more chance of playing in Europe by staying with Palace!

CPFC Town
05-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Son of Selhurst
That means he's off then.....

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ?

lordanton
05-11-2004, 05:18 PM
:lux: about AJ!!!

If he went now he'd look a right tw@!!!

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Good news :) Lets hope he stays

Shipp Ahoy!
05-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Theres only one Andrew Johnson :lux:

palace & proud
08-11-2004, 02:41 PM

brighton_eagle
08-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnson
In-Form Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson insists he is not interested in a big money move to Liverpool.

The Anfiels club have been linked with the eight-goal front man after Djibril Cisse broke his leg on Saturday.

Johnson said " It's great to be talked about by such a big club but I have signed for five years at Palace and I want to stay. This is where I've been scoring and where I'm more than happy."

ITV Teletext.

:D :D :D :D

Loyal yes, but also very sensible. He'd have to work his way into any bigger side. He's first choice at Palace, he's improving all the time. Staying with us at the moment is the right thing to do for his career.

smileysmith
08-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Loyal yes, but also very sensible. He'd have to work his way into any bigger side. He's first choice at Palace, he's improving all the time. Staying with us at the moment is the right thing to do for his career.

Plus the fact that he is working with the best coach in the country!! :)

Webb
08-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I've lost count of the times ID has come out in the last week and said AJ isn't going anywhere. Come to think of it, AJ has said it enough times aswell....

nomad
08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
This thread is completely pointless and should be terminated now. There is no suggestion that AJ wants to leave and I, for one, believe in his loyalty to the club.

Randomly Random
08-11-2004, 08:15 PM
AJ is in the form of his life. Since he came to Palace he has improved no end. He is playing for one of the most positively run, hard working clubs around and for a manager who clearly seems to know man-management and tactics. Not only that, the club clearly has a great team sprit.

AJ to leave? Only if he was off his head from sniffing glue.....

bigee
08-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Nomad,why on other threads here do you question WR's loyalty to the club and wish him away from the club yet take the complete opposite view re:AJ?

nomad
08-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by bigee
Nomad,why on other threads here do you question WR's loyalty to the club and wish him away from the club yet take the complete opposite view re:AJ?

Bigee, I am entitled to my opinion and we are taking about two completely different players here. At no point has AJ ever indicated that he wanted to leave the club and he has signed a five year contract as proof of this. Wayne, on the other hand, has not, although I am encouraged by comments he has made today about not leaving Palace if he can negotiate the contract that he (and Stretford) wants. However, when Palace were struggling at the beginning of the season, he was reluctant to comment at all so maybe he is a "fair weather" player. I could, of course, be wrong, and hope I am. Does that answer your question???

bigee
08-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Fair comment but i would also point out that at no point has WR ever indicated that he wishes to leave the club!It is hardly his fault that other clubs are apparently interested in him is it?Is this not the situation AJ now finds himself in,ie,interest from other clubs so he to announces his intent to stay.I repeat if the club offer WR a new deal he has stated he would like to stay,this is the only difference i can see between WR and AJ,they offered AJ a deal and he signed,WR may do the same but he has certainly never indicated he wants to leave has he?

CanveyEagle
12-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Reading my copy of Nutz on the train last night I saw an article on Liverpool's striker crisis, and they suggested possible alternatives for Cisse/Baros, one of which was AJ, who they valued at £5 million - which shows how much they know about AJ/Football/Anything

Got me thinking though, if we were to sell him (and I am not saying we are going to, or that I want him to go) what would be an acceptable deal for you, realistically!, either cash, swap, or cash and swap? ideas?

I will go first, how about from Arsenal (I know they dont need a striker, we are talking hypothetically) £8 Million and Aliadiere (when fit) would do me.

Anyone who mentions any deal with Liverpool involving Neil Mellor will be shot.

Another Oxted Eagle
12-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Realistically for the style of football we are playing, you will need a hard working, intelligent front man who could trouble a back four on his own ....you need someone who is willing to run across the back 4 or into channels all game knowing that a lot of the time, he wont get anywhere near the ball.

That does narrow it down a bit..............I guess I'd look at Henry and Owen, but Id want some cash too :p

Dave
12-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Moving to the correct forum

andyocpfc
12-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Henry would be the ideal replacement (although not liking his arrogance at the mo) but having said that it would be hard to get someone in to replace AJ that also understands the way we play and the link up with the midfielders/wingers. We've had strikers in the past that play well up front and score goals but i find it hard to remember a forward that does so much hard work for the team as well.

cpfc4life24/7
08-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Who thinks A.J will leave at the end of this season if we dont stay up?
what do u think?

My own personal opinion is i think that he will stay because he would like being a big fish in a small pond in the championship and why would he of signed a new deal if he wasnt going to stay.

Radders
08-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by cpfc4life24/7
Who thinks A.J will leave at the end of this season if we dont stay up?
what do u think?

My own personal opinion is i think that he will stay because he would like being a big fish in a small pond in the championship and why would he of signed a new deal if he wasnt going to stay.

I hear shouts of "NEGATIVE THREAD, NEGATIVE THREAD!!" coming your way my friend.

We won't go down so no probs! :p

Jay_Palace
08-12-2004, 03:35 PM
He's under contract for 5 years and loves it at the club and has even stated that he would be happy to stay if we went down, so it would take a big club and a lot of money to take him away from Palace.

Cleon
08-12-2004, 03:37 PM
NEGATIVE THREAD, NEGATIVE THREAD!!

Radders
08-12-2004, 03:42 PM
NEGATIVE THREAD, NEGATIVE THREAD!!

Thanks mate! :D

p.s. Those guys in the film gave you one hell of a pasting!!

cpfcben
08-12-2004, 03:45 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Shipp Ahoy!
08-12-2004, 03:48 PM
No way would AJ be around should we go down.

A dozen Premiership clubs would pounce! With bids of £8million most likely being accepted.

CPFC987
08-12-2004, 03:50 PM
:confused: We aint going down though...

Shipp Ahoy!
08-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by CPFC987
:confused: We aint going down though...

That is not the question.

The question is IF we did go down, in which case do people seriously believe we would be able to keep him or that SJ would turn down a tastey(sp?) bid (at least to a championship team anyway)

selhurst star
08-12-2004, 03:56 PM
I think AJ will go, Hall will follow, kiss Watson and Routledge goodbye, Kiraly wont hang about. Dowie will want to manage in the Premier, all the backroom staff will follow, Jordan will walk away, Noades will build a housing estate on the ground and turn the training ground into a golf course. We will plummet through the divisions and go out of business in 2010. :rolleyes:

MartinE
08-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Why the f**k would he stay when he's scoring regularly in the Premiership - only an utter moron would think that he'll stay - oh hang on, you're an utter moron!!

Jay_Palace
08-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
No way would AJ be around should we go down.

A dozen Premiership clubs would pounce! With bids of £8million most likely being accepted.

Who the hell in the premier league can afford to spend 8 million on one player, aside from Chelsea, Manure and the Arse?

MartinE
08-12-2004, 03:59 PM
...and the confirmation of you being an utter moron is the fact that you can't even spell the name of the place where you live!!

smileysmith
08-12-2004, 04:00 PM
I think we'd sell him even if he wanted to stay. :(

Radders
08-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by selhurst star
I think AJ will go, Hall will follow, kiss Watson and Routledge goodbye, Kiraly wont hang about. Dowie will want to manage in the Premier, all the backroom staff will follow, Jordan will walk away, Noades will build a housing estate on the ground and turn the training ground into a golf course. We will plummet through the divisions and go out of business in 2010. :rolleyes:

I was gonna kill myself this evening but you've cheered me right up!

Shipp Ahoy!
08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Who the hell in the premier league can afford to spend 8 million on one player, aside from Chelsea, Manure and the Arse?

You would be suprised.

Radders
08-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by MartinE
...and the confirmation of you being an utter moron is the fact that you can't even spell the name of the place where you live!!

Who is it exactly your having a pop at mate?!?!

GanbareWashi
08-12-2004, 04:05 PM
I agree with Shipp Ahoy, IF we go down, SJ may want to cash in on him. Not slagging off SJ, it just makes for good business.

Jay_Palace
08-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
You would be suprised.

Surprise me.

Money is very tight in the prem outside the clubs that I have mentioned, even the so called 'giants' such as Villa, Everton,Liverpool, Citeh et al have nowhere near the financial muscle to be able to afford to spend that much on one player.

Jay_Palace
08-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by GanbareWashi
I agree with Shipp Ahoy, IF we go down, SJ may want to cash in on him. Not slagging off SJ, it just makes for good business.

Not good business atall, how could we hope to win an immediate return to the prem, by selling a player who will guarentee us 25+ goals?

And besides, didn't ID say that he would never agree to sell AJ, unless he wanted to leave? Do you honestly think that SJ would go over ID's head and sell his prized asset from under his nose?

TN16_Eagle
08-12-2004, 04:14 PM
A thread about relegation AND losing our best player - the joys of the BBS!

cpfc4life24/7
08-12-2004, 04:16 PM
me the moron, u can shut up and grow up mate. So what i spelt it wrong (the only thing i can thank you for was pointing ito ut to me) easy mistake to make when you are typing quicky, supose you wouldnt be able to do that though as it looks as if your only a pathetic 10 year old boy who has nothing better to do than call people stupid names. oh well at least i know how to put an location down on mine.

nomad
08-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by cpfc4life24/7
me the moron, u can shut up and grow up mate. So what i spelt it wrong (the only thing i can thank you for was pointing ito ut to me) easy mistake to make when you are typing quicky, supose you wouldnt be able to do that though as it looks as if your only a pathetic 10 year old boy who has nothing better to do than call people stupid names. oh well at least i know how to put an location down on mine.

You are the same twat who was having a go at Ben Watson. You cannot spell, your grammar is awful and you talk a load of crap. Are you still at infants school?

Aspman
10-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Liverpool's, Palace and AJ have already done a deal which meant he would join Liverpool in January for £8.8m if they progressed through to the latest round of the Champions League. They have, so he's off.

daz_eagle
10-12-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Aspman
Liverpool's, Palace and AJ have already done a deal which meant he would join Liverpool in January for £8.8m if they progressed through to the latest round of the Champions League. They have, so he's off.

ok then. byeeeeeee. :hi:

Men At Work
10-12-2004, 05:05 AM

The Fishing Thread will give you a few tips on how to do it better.

smileysmith
10-12-2004, 09:49 AM

Bless the little scouse fans - they don't quite realise they haven't got a hope do they?! :rolleyes:

davematt
10-12-2004, 09:58 AM

I wish I could completly laugh this off, but there is just something in me saying that there could be more to this. If they were to offer 8.8million, we would accept, no doubt about it.

smileysmith
10-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Nah - its bollocks.

davematt
10-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by smileysmith
Nah - its bollocks.

I hope your right, but Liverpool are the sort of club that AJ could not say no too, whatever we think. I am not trying to be negative, because I want him too stay, but SJ will have the biggest decision since buying the club if Liverpool came in with a mega offer. For example....

If we receive a 8million bid, and reject it, AJ COULD become unhappy, because the lure of Champions League football could be too much for him. If we accept it, Dowie would go bonkers, so the club could be in for a very tough January. Saying this, If Liverpool don't even come in with a bid, we are fine.

I am just warning everyone to prepare for the unexpected.

Young Trolley
10-12-2004, 10:09 AM
If it is already a done deal why oh why did he sign a new contract???

Twin of Droy
10-12-2004, 10:16 AM
How nice it is to have players coveted by other clubs. Also good that for once we have assets at a time when we do not have to sell for knock down prices. Thanks Mr Jordan

Tommy Pickle
10-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Young Trolley
If it is already a done deal why oh why did he sign a new contract???

To ensure we get a decent fee for him.

I beleive him when he says that he is happy at Palace, but it's pretty obvious he could be happier at Liverpool, playing Champions League football rather fighting in a relegation battle, and getting paid 3 times what he's getting paid now.

Tommy Pickle
10-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by davematt
If they were to offer 8.8million, we would accept, no doubt about it.

Totally agree. A big IF tho.

GUCCI Eagle
10-12-2004, 11:54 AM
I still think the defining factor is Dowie

Scroatey
10-12-2004, 11:55 AM
I think we might hold onto AJ until at least the summer. By January he'll be half proven in the Premiership and still remains one of the key players if we have any chance of staying up. By the summer there will still be interest in him if he ends the season as he began it, and I don't think his value will fall that much if we were relegated; this would also be the case if more than one team was interested in him - bidding war anyone?

I say point blank refuse any approach before the end of the season, and take stock then!

Cleon
10-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Scroatey
I think we might hold onto AJ until at least the summer.

There is no way that AJ will be leaving Crystal Palace in January.

smileysmith
10-12-2004, 12:34 PM

Thats what I reckon too ...

johnnytemper
10-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Personally, I think if Liverpool came up with the cash in January ie around the £8.8million mark mentioned above, I think Palace would sell firstly due to the amount of money involved and also to let him further his career - he's done a lot for Palace in a short space of time and perhaps we'd owe him a chance to prove himself at the highest level - ie Champions League, which he would be able to play in this season.

On a personal level - AJ loves CPFC, that much is clear, but would the chance come back round again? Loyalty is admirable, but does he really want to be the 'new Kevin Phillips', or make a stake for the big time?

However, these are all IFs - and lets remember for a start that Real Madrid only paid £8M plus a player for Michael Owen - are Liverpool really gonna throw all that and more at Palace? I don't think so - and I hope they won't so if they come calling for AJ, SJ can laugh in their faces...!

ANDYEAGLE
10-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Of course 8 million would be hard to turn down but if we sold him we would be relegated for sure. If he goes at all it will be at the end of the season imo,

Andy Newton
10-12-2004, 02:26 PM
8 million for an owen who was out of contract at the end of the season
not one that has just started a new contract.

glaziers fan
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
With Mellor doing so well, and Pongolle and Baros back I think it's doubtful that AJ would even want to go to Liverpool, let alone Liverpool want to buy him for over 10m which would be needed to tempt Jordan.

Dave
10-12-2004, 04:20 PM
With Mellor doing so well

Yeah a goal a year - if only AJ could get stats like that

kolinkins
10-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Yeah a goal a year

Be fair Dave - 2 goals this year.

Cleon
10-12-2004, 04:42 PM

Be fair Dave - 2 goals this year.

:D :D :o

Aspman
10-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Only time will prove if I am right about AJ going to Liverpool but my info comes from someone very close to him and I really don't think they were winding me up. I've also been told that Palace are trying very hard to land Bent from Ipswich to replace him but that info is less reliable as I can't see why my contact would be party to this sort of info, so it may be a bit of Chinese Whispers.

We'll see.

glaziers fan
10-12-2004, 10:30 PM

Still better than Shipps, Andrews, Kaviedes, Ventola combined so what's your point?

Dave
10-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Still better than Shipps, Andrews, Kaviedes, Ventola combined so what's your point?
My point is that he isn't doing very well at all.
With Mellor doing so well, and Pongolle and Baros back I think it's doubtful that AJ would even want to go to Liverpool, let alone Liverpool want to buy him for over 10m which would be needed to tempt Jordan.

kolinkins
10-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan

Combined?

Lets see - Ships has been playing in the top 2 tiers in England for his entire career. Last time we were in the Premiership, he scored 7 in 7. So, for Mellor to be better than Ships, he needs to score 7 in 7.

Kavides - an established international. He hasnt settle in England, but that doesnt mean Mellor is better than him

Ventola - in no way shape or form is Mellor better than Ventola.

And you think he is better than the lost of them plus Andrews comined? you do say some strange things.

Tommy Pickle
11-12-2004, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by smileysmith
Thats what I reckon too ...

Is it cos you think

a) He wouldn't be interested in a move to Liverpool
b) Liverpool won't offer enough
c) Whatever Liverpool offer we just wouldn't accept it
d) Liverpool wouldn't be interested in the 1st place

nomad
11-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Only time will prove if I am right about AJ going to Liverpool but my info comes from someone very close to him and I really don't think they were winding me up. I've also been told that Palace are trying very hard to land Bent from Ipswich to replace him but that info is less reliable as I can't see why my contact would be party to this sort of info, so it may be a bit of Chinese Whispers.

We'll see.

What a complete load of crap. How many times do we hear about someone's friend knowing something. You people really ought to shut up and stop destabilising the team. He isn't doing anywhere this season or else why would he sign a five year contract.

bigee
11-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Nomad,you have done exactly the same thing on another thread saying WR has obviously decided to join Spurs (which he has not) don't you think you should practice what you preach and stop destabilising the team?

glaziers fan
12-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Combined?

Lets see - Ships has been playing in the top 2 tiers in England for his entire career. Last time we were in the Premiership, he scored 7 in 7. So, for Mellor to be better than Ships, he needs to score 7 in 7.

Kavides - an established international. He hasnt settle in England, but that doesnt mean Mellor is better than him

Ventola - in no way shape or form is Mellor better than Ventola.

And you think he is better than the lost of them plus Andrews comined? you do say some strange things.

You miss my point! I was just explaining that the goal stats for this season don't show the whole picture which is what Dave was basing his Mellor argument on. I think Mellor has been a vastly improved player this season and his performances recently have rightly earned him praise in the media. Whether he is a goalscorer is another matter entirely.

By the way, I would rather have Mellor in my side alongside Johnson than anyone else that we have, bar Ventola who I think is an awesome player IF we could get him back to his best.

smileysmith
13-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle
Is it cos you think

a) He wouldn't be interested in a move to Liverpool
b) Liverpool won't offer enough
c) Whatever Liverpool offer we just wouldn't accept it
d) Liverpool wouldn't be interested in the 1st place

a) Yes, not at the moment - he wouldn't. His has stated MANY times he likes where he is and his family is settled here. He also doesn't see the point in leaving Palace for a 'big' club when he can stay here and help make us a 'big' club.
b) Liverpool do not have enough money to offer - can you honestly see them offering the same as they got for Owen for AJ?? LOL
c) Not true - we'd accept if if they offered over £10 mill, I have no doubt.
d) Of course they are interested - them and every other premier team!! :rolleyes: Interest doesn't mean they get ..

moi
03-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I think he will stay, he seems happy here, and loyal

swirly007
03-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Maybe Johnson signed a new contract so that we'd get a higher fee for him, rather than risk him leaving for nowt? I think he really cares about Palace, at least, I hope so... I really don't think we've got a hope if we lose Johnson, and not just cause he scores goals, he works so so hard and is so selfless, eg. when he took the corner today.

I love him!!

Eagle
03-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Spoke to both Simon Jordan and Iain Dowie after todays match, in regards to Andy Johnson, both said they're is absolutely no chance of Andy being sold, they are building the team around him.

AJ is here to stay.

lordanton
03-01-2005, 08:25 PM
:lux: Great newsm Eagle. Didn't catch the names of any targets did you?

Psyatika
03-01-2005, 11:30 PM
If he told you it would inflate the value of the players, and we'd end up not getting them. You don't want that, now do you?

AJ
03-01-2005, 11:36 PM
I think AJ's value will increase if he gets a call up for England in February(and there is no reason to doubt that), so, either way it is best to keep him. If Palace go down in May, I am sure a number of Premiership teams will want to sign him and we should get at least a similar fee to that for Beattie, if not higher.....no need to sell him now.

El Aguila
03-01-2005, 11:41 PM
That's my thinking too. We have a 20% chance of staying up if we keep him and less than 1% if he goes in the transfer window; 20% of ten million quid, which is probably what it is worth to us to stay up, is more than the amount his value is likely to deteriorate even if we do get relegated.
So we keep him, QED, unless we're offered mad money.

kolinkins
03-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Made me laugh the other day - the Soccer Saturdays boys were saying he could fetch £12million

arussell
03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
He ain't going anywhere .....

Dave
03-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Spoke to both Simon Jordan and Iain Dowie after todays match, in regards to Andy Johnson, both said they're is absolutely no chance of Andy being sold, they are building the team around him.
What did you expect them to tell you? Do you think they divulge the finer points of the transfer policy with random fans?

BringBackSasa
03-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Small point:

AJ has just bought a new, well, nearly finished, house in Beckenham.

I wouldn't reveal the exact address in public place full of people like tony/mehdi. Unless any of you wackos are offering cash, obviously.

lordanton
04-01-2005, 12:04 AM
BBS (nice initials!) i know where his house is too. You don't buy that and then leave!

Eagle
04-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Dave, i understand what your saying but these were firm answers from both.

Dowie said that AJ would be sold over his dead body and was quite simply that if he goes, then he leaves with him, so theres your answer, Andrew Johnson is not for sale at any price.

Then when i saw Simon, spoke to him about transfers and he said they were close to getting 4 new players deals over the line and hope these would be completed sooner rather than later (wouldnt menetions names im afraid though), then when i asked him about AJ he said that he wasnt for sale and it was simple as that, he said he would be mad and criminal to sell him, he hasnt even thought about doing that and would never either.

To me thats a certain that he won't be sold.

Q2thaZ
04-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Eagle
he said they were close to getting 4 new players deals over the line

Dowie's favourite quote of the Summer is making a re-appearance for the January transfer window!!

:p :D :p

ukjay_29
04-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
BBS (nice initials!) i know where his house is too. You don't buy that and then leave!
Why not?

Could surely commute from leafy Beckenham to elsewhere in the capital if he so desired.............

:rolleyes:

That said, the most refreshing thing about AJ is the ways he talks so fondly about the Club, its fans, ID, the whole lot of us.......He definately does not want to go...........but, if the right offer came in for him, I'm sure SJ would get twitchy......

ukjay_29
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Q2thaZ
Dowie's favourite quote of the Summer is making a re-appearance for the January transfer window!!

:p :D :p

:)

Thats fcuked those transfers then.....

Ruskin Old Boy
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BringBackSasa
Small point:

AJ has just bought a new, well, nearly finished, house in Beckenham.

I wouldn't reveal the exact address in public place full of people like tony/mehdi. Unless any of you wackos are offering cash, obviously.

Here's a hint: it's a stone's throw from he lives now.

zonin2000
04-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Why would he want to throw stones at his old house?

Ruskin Old Boy
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Perhaps he loves the sound of breaking glass

tonkers
04-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Jordan once said, when you have a house worth 250, 000 and you really want to keep and someone offers you over double of what its worth you are going to sell. Andy Johnson is the same, everyone wants him to stay but if someone makes an offer that s too good to say no he will be sold,

anyways, what is the normal price for second top goalscorer in the PREM??????????

John.K
04-01-2005, 01:26 PM
AJ will never go he loves us too much :love:

Palace Please
04-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Aj will stay till retirement!

Maybe not but would love it!

Dave
04-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Everyone goes - it's just what happens when you follow Palace.

kiralyspyjamas
04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
AJ was with us in division one, and I reckon he'll stay. Anyway, Dowie says that he's not for sale

Tony
04-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Perhaps he loves the sound of breaking glass

People in Crystal Palaces shouldn't throw stones.

Ron Dogers
04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by tonkers
Jordan once said, when you have a house worth 250, 000 and you really want to keep and someone offers you over double of what its worth you are going to sell. Andy Johnson is the same, everyone wants him to stay but if someone makes an offer that s too good to say no he will be sold,

anyways, what is the normal price for second top goalscorer in the PREM??????????

What if that offer is less than the cost of relegation??

Chris Finch
04-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Is it one of the newer gaffs in the park langley housing estate? The ones with really dynamic and modern names?