PDA

View Full Version : Replacement(s) for AJ?

Icarus
01-11-2004, 08:54 PM
All this talk is unsettling me, nevermind AJ can't we stop these threads as they're are so irrittating. I know it's a 'free country' and people have a right to talk openly though this is a Palace site and things here should positive in terms of the betterment of Palace and also to have a bit of fun.

If not I say replace AJ with Defoe or IMO change the whole system!

Shipp Ahoy!
01-11-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't think De Foe would sign for us.

IAN WALSH
01-11-2004, 08:59 PM
clinton morrison:o :o

Sires
01-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Defoe is crap he has one good game every month or so

cpfc_connection
01-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Palace have 7 strikers including AJ. (Freedman, Torghelle, Ventola, Kaviedes, Andrews, shipperley), but it doesnt matter because AJ isnt going anywhere, not in january, not in the summer, not next christmas.

Shipp Ahoy!
01-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Its probable we would strengthen the squad baring in mind we have so many strikers who are pretty good anyway.

wedgetail
01-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Why?

oz_da II
01-11-2004, 09:58 PM
These threads are almost as annoying as that who keeps slagging off Popovic.

Icarus
01-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey that's me!:eek:

Sussex Eagle
01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Icarus
Hey that's me!:eek:

Then kindly feck off. Popa would have your sort for elevenses:hmph: :cool: ;)

Icarus
01-11-2004, 10:07 PM
:D :D lol keep it nice boys

Kirby
01-11-2004, 11:13 PM
The only (realistic) available stiker I can see in the AJ mould is Danny Webber of Watford.

If he could improve his finishing he'd almost be up there with AJ from what I've seen.

Anyway, hopefully we won't need him for a long time.

I ******** love AJ and AJ ******** loves me! :love: :lux:

Kirby
01-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Or we could nick Leon Knight from the bummers :p

Webb
01-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Would you give Leon Knight the same love?

Kirby
03-11-2004, 12:26 AM
I think living in Brighton he likes brown love, so maybe not.

hugosabin
03-11-2004, 07:56 AM
All this talk is unsettling me, nevermind AJ can't we stop these threads as they're are so irrittating. I know it's a 'free country' and people have a right to talk openly though this is a Palace site and things here should positive in terms of the betterment of Palace and also to have a bit of fun.

If not I say replace AJ with Defoe or IMO change the whole system!

I don't understand what you are on about. Another waste of space thread by yourself.
Defoe, I'm afraid to say, would definitely not sign for us.

Icarus
03-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
Ok Ok fair enough.

Lets delete all the threads and posts this could apply to then, in which Dowie has made a decision so thats good enough.

BBS?!?! Where did you go?

Hugo this is all about opinions and to open and generate discussions on salient points concerning Palace.

Clapham Grand
03-11-2004, 10:13 AM
this is another agenda thread?

Boyandy
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Hugo this is all about opinions and to open and generate discussions on salient points concerning Palace.

Why don't you post one then?

There is NO way that the likes of Defoe would ever come to us.

About as worthy a thread as the one concerning Dean Richards - or the one suggesting we disrupted the space time continuum and bought Kolkka because we missed out on Gera!

Icarus
03-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Boyandy
Why don't you post one then?

There is NO way that the likes of Defoe would ever come to us.

About as worthy a thread as the one concerning Dean Richards - or the one suggesting we disrupted the space time continuum and bought Kolkka because we missed out on Gera!

This IS a worthy thread, it has generated discussion about the future of Palace after AJ leaves whether its now or in the future. Boyandy, take a chill pill (or a happy one) and contribute positively that doesn't mean agree with me - come back with a valid point. The system we play would suit someone like Defoe or if as you say he would not come here then what do we do change the system or look for suitablle alternatives? Gera/Kolkka thread was also a valid thread as was/is the Dean Richards thread or shall I start one this one

Boyandy - Does he make a valid point albeit negative and disruptive or is he just miserable?

Boyandy
04-11-2004, 09:08 AM
This IS a worthy thread, it has generated discussion about the future of Palace after AJ leaves whether its now or in the future. Boyandy, take a chill pill (or a happy one) and contribute positively that doesn't mean agree with me - come back with a valid point. The system we play would suit someone like Defoe or if as you say he would not come here then what do we do change the system or look for suitablle alternatives? Gera/Kolkka thread was also a valid thread as was/is the Dean Richards thread or shall I start one this one

Boyandy - Does he make a valid point albeit negative and disruptive or is he just miserable?

From where I'm standing the majority of the replies seem to be mentioning that a) Defoe wouldn't come to us or b) that this is a pointless thread. Maybe I've just got a magic computer that gets rid of everything else?

cpfcben
04-11-2004, 09:30 AM
more cobblers..........

MikeyDread
04-11-2004, 09:48 AM
If he continues to score and if he does finish in the Top 3 premiership Strikers at the end of the season there will always be media reaction to possible moves. As mentioned in previous posts on this subject unless a club weighs in with a 10mil + offer, I don't think it would be entertained by the club or by AJ who I d feel is loyal and this was indicative of him waiting for Dowie to sign so that he had confrimation that his mentor/manager would be at the club for the same amount of time.

As supporters lets just enjoy watching the games as we are now starting to come together. There is no point contiunually worrying about what could be, lets enjoy what is happening ;-)

Cleon
04-11-2004, 10:55 AM
This is all fairly ludicrous. However, on the tiniest chance that AJ did leave, then I think Robert Earnshaw would be a reasonable shout. Sure, he's not as good as AJ, but he'd have the chance to develop, and I think he will be successful in the long run.

CallMeBernard
04-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Or that lad at Colchester. Gareth Williams.

nicky
08-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Leroy Lita, Bristol City.

Typical Palace
08-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by CallMeBernard
Or that lad at Colchester. Gareth Williams.

That's bloody funny!

Randomly Random
08-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MikeyDread
As supporters lets just enjoy watching the games as we are now starting to come together. There is no point contiunually worrying about what could be, lets enjoy what is happening ;-)

Spot on! :p Well said!

Iain Dowie
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Everyone knows how loyal AJ is.....