PDA

View Full Version : routledge

SARN
03-11-2004, 09:55 PM
i wudnt b dat bothered if routledge went 4 3 million. e only plays wen e wants. eez gonna get proper excited against arsenal and try take on ashley cole. its a near on impossible task!! get sum 1 else in oo's gonna fight 4 da club. we need fighters not showboaters. c'mon peops u know it makes sense. lets get together and cheer on da boyz. get in der palace!!!!! bring on arsenal

weh8millwall
03-11-2004, 09:58 PM
And in English?

SARN
03-11-2004, 10:01 PM
was is it wit people. im typing it in text language. get with it.

Mong!
03-11-2004, 10:03 PM
text language is only used on phones tho mate?

SARN
03-11-2004, 10:05 PM
yer but its jus quicker, cant b bothered 2 type it in proper english. u can understand it n e way so wats da prob??

Nelson Muntz
Originally posted by SARN
i wudnt b dat bothered if routledge went 4 3 million. e only plays wen e wants. eez gonna get proper excited against arsenal and try take on ashley cole. its a near on impossible task!! get sum 1 else in oo's gonna fight 4 da club. we need fighters not showboaters. c'mon peops u know it makes sense. lets get together and cheer on da boyz. get in der palace!!!!! bring on arsenal
What?

weh8millwall

I am with it, but on a phone you have limited numbers, so you have to abbreviate. Here there is no limit to how many characters, so why write in txt spk?

Santos-er
03-11-2004, 10:07 PM
eez gonna get proper excited

:D rotflmfao

what the hell do they teach kids at school these days? Do they not have English lessons? Or is that racist now?

JFBeagle
Does this mean I'm not the only person who has to pass his mobile telephone round the office to find someone to translate messages from my 16 year old son?

TonbridgeEagle
Is it me or does txt speak make the author sould quite dumb?

SARN
03-11-2004, 10:08 PM
wat is it. why is every 1 so grumpy man. its as if palace r rock bottom. cheer up mate. U LOT CAN UNDERSTAND IT, JUS ANSWER DA QUESTION DATS WAT ITS DER FOR

bern5161
03-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Only one thing worst than txt speek and that's txt bolox

SARN
03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
aight bern 5161 calm down

SARN
03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
could you please answer my question. is this better???

Santos-er
03-11-2004, 10:15 PM
wat is it. why is every 1 so grumpy man. its as if palace r rock bottom. cheer up mate. U LOT CAN UNDERSTAND IT, JUS ANSWER DA QUESTION DATS WAT ITS DER FOR

Personally, i'd like a law allowing me to shoot every little txt-speaking, firework-throwing, graffiti-ing, litter-bugging, attitude-spewing, corner hanging, moped-riding, car-keying, 4x4 in the rush hour passenger-seating, baseball cap or hoodie-wearing of a teenager on this planet.

The world would be a nicer place without them.

mellowG
03-11-2004, 10:15 PM
dont worry SARN, allot of people on the bbs get their jollies trying to take the piss out of peoples grammar and spelling. sad really.

JFBeagle
03-11-2004, 10:16 PM

As a definite "grumpy old man" born in 1951 I don't mind if you talk to your contemporaries in, French, Urdu or Txt. But if you want responses from people in my age group English is best.
;) ;)
I've never been grumpy about palace - not even when they became founder members of the 4th Division.:love:

SARN
03-11-2004, 10:16 PM
how long did dat take 4 u 2 tink of. not bad but not great. yer u know it blad

weh8millwall
03-11-2004, 10:20 PM
how long did dat take 4 u 2 tink of. not bad but not great. yer u know it blad

what is blad? :confused:

SARN
03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
man said u best not b gettin rude. fix up. my krew will cum merc u

JFBeagle
03-11-2004, 10:22 PM
blad? My son's gome to bed and can't help me.

hughff
03-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Sarn, you have to understand that the BBS fairly much slams anyone and everyone who uses text typing. It's probably less bother for you to type fully, frankly.

weh8millwall
03-11-2004, 10:28 PM
man said u best not b gettin rude. fix up. my krew will cum merc u

Oh snap, you best not bus up to my ends bruv, bangs would be set :p

Granada allover
03-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Text is actually much slower to read - that's why it annoys people. It can only really work in short bursts, that's why it's fine on mobile phones.

As for Routledge showboating. If he did that too often I reckon he'd be shown the door as fast as, let me see... someone using text on the bulletin board?

eagles #1
03-11-2004, 10:59 PM
oh me dayz bruv. as me homie 'weh8millwall' sed, dnt bring da beef. we iz av nuff peeps up dese endz wiv heat. :p

palacefan_72
03-11-2004, 11:10 PM
I dont see what the problem is, all hes done is write a perfectly sensible question looking for a similar response, so far one person has actually made a comment about Routledge, thats ridiculus.

And they certainly didnt teach us that in English class, its just this generation, next generation will be much worse.

Innit bruv

TonbridgeEagle
03-11-2004, 11:13 PM
could you please answer my question. is this better???

That's much better!

Sorry what was your question again I didn't understand it the first time around :clown:

TonbridgeEagle
03-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Text speak is just plain laziness (and that's coming from a 25 year old).

AJ8
03-11-2004, 11:42 PM
i'm 19, and to me you're talking like a ****...

Palace121
03-11-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm 20 and don't really see the problem with typing in full. I spend most of the day texting my girlfriend with the odd 'u, 4 & r' but still manage to write correctly on here. It's no more difficult. You might save, what....2 seconds typing in text speak.

Anyway, to answer your question...I've always loved Routledge but have been really disappointed with him this year. He doesn't seem to know the right time to take a man on. Saying that, I'd still hate to see him leave as he's such a hot prospect and will continue to improve under Dowie's management.

daz_eagle
04-11-2004, 12:01 AM
he's not been playing to his best but is still our top assister and one of the top assisters in the league. that bodes well, and i'd hate to see him leave.

christopher
04-11-2004, 12:04 AM

Whenever I read a passage like this I can't help but think about the amount of time it must have taken to type. Always seems like a lot of effort had to go in to it. Perhaps it's just me.

Gladys Allover
04-11-2004, 12:07 AM
i wudnt b dat bothered if routledge went 4 3 million. e only plays wen e wants. eez gonna get proper excited against arsenal and try take on ashley cole. its a near on impossible task!! get sum 1 else in oo's gonna fight 4 da club. we need fighters not showboaters. c'mon peops u know it makes sense. lets get together and cheer on da boyz. get in der palace!!!!! bring on arsenal A translation for more the more discerning BBser:

You know, it wouldn't change my life dramatically if our dearest Chairman decided to cash in on Wayne Routledge for the princely sum of 3 million. He is a hot and cold type of player who may try and do a Julian Gray in front of the television cameras when we play the Invincibles and joust with England left back, Ashley Cole. That is a mountain to climb.

We need courage filled soldiers to fill the trenches of Selhurst and not a team of Lord Flashhearts. That makes sense doesn't it? Let's break out the rattles and plethora of terrace tunes and back the chaps to the hilt. Up the Palace! Let's take it to the Arse.

I prefer the original version but there you go :)

christopher
04-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Gladys Allover

We need courage filled soldiers to fill the trenches of Selhurst and not a team of Lord Flashhearts. That makes sense doesn't it? Let's break out the rattles and plethora of terrace tunes and back the chaps to the hilt. Up the Palace! Let's take it to the Arse.

:p

Eagle Andy
04-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Is this a threat about text speak or Routledge.

Wayne has consistently been one of our best players. He creates chances. How many assists has he got for AJ - more than any other player in the premiership??? He only tries the skill and beat a man when he looks impossible when there is nothing else on. Wayne breaks very quickly and with only AJ up front there isn't much to aim for. I want him to stay. 3m would not replace him. I always think there is a chance when he is on the pitch and have an expectancy when he is on the ball.....

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
04-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Eagle Andy
Is this a threat about text speak or .... else?

gjtango
04-11-2004, 01:10 AM

People he's having us on and if he isn't he's a illiterate prick.

Palace121
04-11-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Eagle Andy
Is this a threat about text speak or Routledge.

Wayne has consistently been one of our best players. He creates chances. How many assists has he got for AJ - more than any other player in the premiership??? He only tries the skill and beat a man when he looks impossible when there is nothing else on. Wayne breaks very quickly and with only AJ up front there isn't much to aim for. I want him to stay. 3m would not replace him. I always think there is a chance when he is on the pitch and have an expectancy when he is on the ball.....

I definately agree with that last comment. Thinking about it, I agree with the rest too. :p

hugosabin
04-11-2004, 04:59 AM
I don't understand why so many of you want to make such a big deal out of the way somebody writes. It seems that many people on here scour the forums to find mistakes with English and grammar which to me is slightly pathetic. Perhaps you haven't got anything better to do which is as 'mellowg' previously wrote, 'sad'.
If you aren't interested in a particular thread then don't relpy but we certainly don't need to read about the differing opinions on the use of the English language from a bunch of self righteous, wannabee (not sure of the spelling of 'wannabee' but sure someone will pick me up on it!) intellectuals.
If that is such a big deal to so many people then start your own little thread where you can moan about the youth of today and original topics such as the state of the education system.
Regarding this thread, I disagree and think although Wayne can be a bit of a showboater and sometimes tries to do too much, his contribution so far shows his importance to the team. 5 assists I think it is and am sure he'll skin Ashley Cole a couple of times.
Will be an interesting evening!

Steve C
04-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Spelling mistakes and poor grammer we can handle, but why must we be bombarded with this text rubbish, we have in English a very clear and concise language why not use it for a change.

And no I hope we do not sell Wayne, e,s well good init.:cool:

Lords Eagle
04-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by gjtango
People he's having us on and if he isn't he's a illiterate prick.

Don't you mean an illiterate prick ;)

AshfordianEagle
04-11-2004, 08:56 AM
txt odjvl gorje [fj[er efk[pwf cpkdkdd

Text That!!

paf
04-11-2004, 08:58 AM
o;ihsdfgoihdfgoidsfgiohdsfvkjdfgkjhsdfgkojheriotgh dfjghsdfghsdfhgdfsghsdfghsdfhgsdflgkjhsdrkjghsdfg

innit

eagles #1
04-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by paf
o;ihsdfgoihdfgoidsfgiohdsfvkjdfgkjhsdfgkojheriotgh dfjghsdfghsdfhgdfsghsdfghsdfhgsdflgkjhsdrkjghsdfg

innit oh my days bruv, that is well harsh!

Batsta
04-11-2004, 09:04 AM

:rolleyes:

It should be;

wots wit ppl. im typin in txt spk. get wit it.

;)

DaveTuttles
04-11-2004, 09:08 AM
I would sell the whole team for 43 million for christs sake!!!