PDA

View Full Version : Johnson NOT up for sale

palace & proud
08-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Breaking News just in on Sky Sports

Johnson's Going no Where
:hi:

http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=236587&cpid=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Dowie:+AJ+one+of+the+family

Randomly Random
08-11-2004, 08:21 PM
TOO ******** RIGHT HE AIN'T !!!

Shipp Ahoy!
08-11-2004, 08:24 PM
:p

MasterYoda
08-11-2004, 11:24 PM
move along scousers - the shop is shut

hugosabin
09-11-2004, 07:59 AM
I don't think he'll go anywhere in January, not because of that report as it is like many others but because he is obviously happy at Palace otherwise he wouldn't have signed a new deal. Whether he goes at the end of the season is another matter but I am certain he at least wants to see the season out in red and blue.

Beanie
09-11-2004, 11:07 AM
The only reason they would run this as "breaking news" is to try not to look stupid for predicting the sale in the first place.

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Beanie
The only reason they would run this as "breaking news" is to try not to look stupid for predicting the sale in the first place.

Exactly. Bilmmin' press muppets. :rolleyes:

Aki Aki Aki
09-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Let's hope the speculation increases amongst the Scousers once AJ has score a few on Saturday. Then the poor sods can be told to get lost yet again :p

Stigma
10-11-2004, 10:05 AM
According to an insider on koptalk (a normally very reliable one); Liverpool are planning a meet with Palace after the game to discuss Johnson.

davematt
10-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Stigma
According to an insider on koptalk (a normally very reliable one); Liverpool are planning a meet with Palace after the game to discuss Johnson.

Maybe they are, but I am 100% sure SJ will say 'Hi, Bye :hi: '

Men At Work
10-11-2004, 10:18 AM
If we get offered enough he'll go. That's business.

davematt
10-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Men At Work
If we get offered enough he'll go. That's business.

Yeah, but where are Liverpool going to get 10 million from, considering their recent financial accounts??

We are in no position to sell, until the summer at the earliest. Plus, I also echo many other people's statement, as long as Iain Dowie is here, AJ will be as well.

Merton Eagle
10-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Stigma
According to an insider on koptalk (a normally very reliable one); Liverpool are planning a meet with Palace after the game to discuss Johnson. Not bothered even in the slightest, for several reasons.

1. He doesn't want to go.
a. because he likes it at Palace.
b. because moving half way through your first season as it is starting to go well is very short sighted.

2. Scallies have to approach Palace first before being allowed to talk to him as mentioned above.

3. They cannot afford him at the moment.

4. Dowie will not want to sell and if Jordan does, is it worth the risk in upsetting Dowie? We don't know the truth to the Bruce goings on.

Men At Work
10-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by davematt
We are in no position to sell, until the summer at the earliest. Plus, I also echo many other people's statement, as long as Iain Dowie is here, AJ will be as well.

If we get an offer from a top six club we will sell. Hopefully it won't happen for a while but if one of them offers a significant amount we will take it. That's business regardless of how much AJ wants to stay here or with Dowie (which opens up other issues if a top six club wants a new manager).

No, I don't have any inside info; it's just the way the world works.

Dr.Kildare
10-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Anyway AJ wouldn't want to leave the greatest team in sport......

:p

GUCCI Eagle
10-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Jordan has gone on record saying Johnson is a part of the long term future of Crystal Palace and that he's not for sale.

Jasper
10-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Palace will want more than the 8million that Liverpool got for Owen. People who dont support palace will think this is crazy, but it makes no sense to sell you star player for 6million as his departure will make us more likely to be relegated, resulting in potential loss of 15-20million. Thus leaving us 11million down. Business sense dictates that Johnson will only leave for silly money.

Shipp Ahoy!
10-11-2004, 11:04 AM
AJ is going no where I am extremely confident about that!