PDA

View Full Version : Routledge wants to stay

Pages : [1] 2

CK
08-11-2004, 03:54 PM
From BBC Sport

Crystal Palace's 3m-rated 19-year-old midfielder Wayne Routledge, who is out of contract next summer, has told the club he wants to stay at Selhurst Park.
Tottenham bid 3m for him in January and the player's representatives are currently in talks with Palace about a new contract.
"I still want to stay at Palace, why not?", he told the Evening Standard after Saturday's draw with Arsenal.
"It's an exciting period for the club so why not be a part of it?"
Routledge said the encouragement he had received from manager Iain Dowie was having a big impact on his thinking.
"He asked how I felt about it and told me I am a big part of his plans and he does not want me to go," he said.
"It was good to hear him say that because you can sense things but when people tell you there is no doubt."

cpfc4ever
08-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Wow, im happy about this, great to hear he wants to pledge his future to the club, good on him!

Fide et Fiducia
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Great news, fantastic young talent that we should do our best to keep.

brighton_eagle
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
I suspect it will come down to the terms SJ offers him. If they match his and his agents expectations, then no worries. I'm concerned that his expectations may be a little high though.

Crate
08-11-2004, 04:02 PM
We now know that Wayne was unwell on Saturday, but all the same it was good to see the way ID went over to him as the players came off at half time, put his arm round him and was talking to him half way to the dressing-room. That kind of behaviour by your manager would mean a lot to any player.

hernehilleagle
08-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Good news, i was a bit fed-up with the boo-boys in the White Horse Lane on Saturday, it didn't do us any favours with Jules did it? Wayne will have to keep on performing well though, Lakis is hot on his heels...

E_girl
08-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Goodstuff! :) :lux:

Batsta
08-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Good news.

I'm sure It wont take long before this turns to a "Wayne bashing" thread.

Braders
08-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Great news:lux:

Pezzadoner
08-11-2004, 04:14 PM
:lux: WooHoo! :lux:

AndyStreet
08-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Maybe now some of the abuse he's taken off certain people over the last couple of months will start to subside

Daveyboyross
08-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Made a good day even better! :)

AlanD
08-11-2004, 04:18 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/3993295.stm

BUNGLE
08-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Will wait until he signs until I start celebrating.

cpfc4ever
already a thread

Brett
The words seem to indicate that this is happening only because his move away fell through.

CK
Originally posted by Batsta
Good news.

I'm sure It wont take long before this turns to a "Wayne bashing" thread.

Too confrontationalist mate. I don't see too many opinions that are far removed from genuine observation. Being a TV game I was one who didn't want him to play Saturday in case he just 'shopwindowed' himself. However, if he really wants to stay with us and play for us then I want him to.

opinions are not always black or white.

Gooders
08-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Excellent news.

I have commented that his situation seems to have "shades of the Gray situation" but by that I meant an agent agitating for a move.

Wayne always appears to do his best, and always joins in joyously when the team are celebrating goals. There is no doubting his commitment.

He has more work to do on the defensive part of his game and working with Dowie and co will help him continue to improve.

It's all good. :p

cpfcben
08-11-2004, 04:25 PM
:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:
fabulous........... we love u baby Wayne

Ruskin Old Boy
08-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Good news :)

smileysmith
08-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Excellent news ... I'm beginning to like the Prem is we can keep Super Wayne :)

GreatGonzo
08-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Crate
it was good to see the way ID went over to him as the players came off at half time, put his arm round him and was talking to him half way to the dressing-room. That kind of behaviour by your manager would mean a lot to any player.

Have a feelingthat was more of a chat about how is neck was cos the manager would want to know before getting to the changing room if he needed to take someone off which he did.

However it is good to hear these words although nothing will hapen until they actually get down to the table and start talking a deal!

Justy C
08-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Its an encouraging start to the negotiations (far more than we ever got out of Julian Gray), lets hope he doesn't listen to his agents who I think might be pushing for him to move away.

davematt
08-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh Yes!!!:lux: :lux:

Batsta
08-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by CK
Too confrontationalist mate. I don't see too many opinions that are .

Maybe you're right CK.

I do get fed up with people having a go at Wayne though. A guy behind us on Saturday yelled at the top of his voice "Hurry up & f**k off to Spurs".

Jza
08-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Well it is good news but it seems to me that the kid is most certainly 'fair-weather'. His cousin told me after the Chelski game that he'd had enough of getting beaten and wanted to play with better players. Then guess what.....we get a few good results and all of a sudden he's happy again. A good player indeed......but i can see him quickly changing his mind again if a couple of losses come our way

Beanie
08-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
However it is good to hear these words although nothing will hapen until they actually get down to the table and start talking a deal!
One of the reports - I think "This is London" - makes it clear that they ARE talking and have been for a while. It's just that Wayne leaves it all to his agents, which is why he knows no details. Having said that shouldn't his agent be keeping him informed?

Jza - fed up after the CHELSEA game?? Two defeats - one of which must have been anticipated !! May I suggest that a cousin is NOT the greatest source in the world.

Cleon
08-11-2004, 04:45 PM
SIGN HIM UP! NOW!

AlanD
08-11-2004, 04:46 PM
DOH sorry

Tomo
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Jza
Well it is good news but it seems to me that the kid is most certainly 'fair-weather'. His cousin told me after the Chelski game that he'd had enough of getting beaten and wanted to play with better players. Then guess what.....we get a few good results and all of a sudden he's happy again. A good player indeed......but i can see him quickly changing his mind again if a couple of losses come our way

Can I ask how you know it was his cousin. Fair play if it is but several people in my school claim to be his cousin now yet i hadn't heard anything about him untill this season.

Jza
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Their close cousins i know that, maybe only to the extent of Sunday dinners (if Harbin allows it!) but still....

His cousin plays for my 11 a side team - i know his family fairly well so i know he aint bullshitting

CK
08-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Maybe you're right CK.

I do get fed up with people having a go at Wayne though. A guy behind us on Saturday yelled at the top of his voice "Hurry up & f**k off to Spurs".

Maybe like me he was unaware that Wayne was playing 'under the weather', but if he persists in doing a 'drag and spin' and losing the ball on the edge of the box and trying to bamboozle the best fullback in the country I reserve the right to get pi$$ed off with him.

On the other hand if he stays for the right reasons and not just because Spurs appear to be in a tailspin then I couldn't be happier.

:p

SIKO
08-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Isnt his agent also Grays agent:eek:

Batsta
08-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SIKO
Isnt his agent also Grays agent:eek:

...and Rooney.

Officer Dibble
08-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Jza
Well it is good news but it seems to me that the kid is most certainly 'fair-weather'. His cousin told me after the Chelski game that he'd had enough of getting beaten and wanted to play with better players.

Blimey ! The Chelsea game was only the 3rd of the season and we'd only lost once before that.....
That's fickle !

winners
08-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Maybe you're right CK.

I think thats probably more dissapointment at the fact that Wayne appeared to be leaving! - I get frustrated when a player whom looks to have an ubundance of talent comes into the team, starts looking the part, but then appears to want away (not that id boo any Palace player).

Come on Wayne/Jordan - get that contract sorted, and lets move forward together!

daz_eagle
08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
yeeeessssss. we love you waaaaaaaaaayne!!!!!!!

I.Flyer
08-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Good news!

dave_who_ru
08-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Wayne may want to stay but a supporter has just nominated him as the most disappointing Palace player this season on Talksport.

Speroni also got a mention.

On the other hand Talksport seems to be having a love affair with Sir Iain
Dowie.

nomad
08-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
One of the reports - I think "This is London" - makes it clear that they ARE talking and have been for a while. It's just that Wayne leaves it all to his agents, which is why he knows no details. Having said that shouldn't his agent be keeping him informed?

Jza - fed up after the CHELSEA game?? Two defeats - one of which must have been anticipated !! May I suggest that a cousin is NOT the greatest source in the world.

Trouble is his agent is that dodgy character Stretford who I woudn't trust one iota. From what I have seen of him re, the Rooney affair, he does not care a toss about the players, just how much commision he can extract. These people are worse than estate agents. I think wayne is happy to stay if we are winning but otherwise he will want off. I am not a Wayne basher but not sure he has the committment of the other players.

Sussex Eagle
08-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Brett
The words seem to indicate that this is happening only because his move away fell through.

Ummm...I'm searching...how?

A guy behind us on Saturday yelled at the top of his voice "Hurry up & f**k off to Spurs".

Same here mate. I told him to off himself. We were hugging and screaming deliriously together when Aki scored though :)

I've said since this 'story' started that I didn't see why people assumed Wayne would be desperate to leave - don't get similar stuff with Watson who seems to be not much less talented. From what little I ever hear of Wayne, he sounds like he's more concerned with staying in the Palace team than looking elsewhere - seems like a lad with his feet on the ground, contrary to many assumptions.

Sussex Eagle
08-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by dave_who_ru
Wayne may want to stay but a supporter has just nominated him as the most disappointing Palace player this season on Talksport.

Seems like a contradiction to me - 'supporter' and talking such blatant shit. Much as I like the likes of Kolkka & Hughes, Wayne has been the only one coming up with regular assists, and is one of the most talented young Englishmen around. However, presumably because he's been in the team a while (remember, we have players about the same age at Palace yet to start a first team game) people don't give him ANY slack when he makes the slightest mistake/something doesn't come off. The grumble around the ground whenever he loses the ball compared to anyone else is maddening.

bigee
08-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Dont believe all the crap in the papers/tv,all offer variations of the same.WR's agent is not/never was Stretford as such.No talks have taken place,i repeat NONE.

ANDYEAGLE
08-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Good news that he has actually come out and said he wants to stay,don'twant to lose him. Still think he could be on the bench saturday the way Lakis perfomed,not talking about in front of goal.Good to have two players of quality on the right, lets sign Kily Gonzalez and we will have two on the left. Sign your contract please Wayne.

bigee
08-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Not been offered one yet,not,not,not,not,not,not,not,.................. ................................not a thing....

hughff
08-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Until he signs, he could leave for a fraction of his true worth. Even if he does sign, he could still leave though we'd get a lot more for him.

Personally, I want him at the Palace but if he does end up going for a large fee, I can live with that. It's just the nature of the modern game that we cannot indefinately resist the overtures of the larger clubs.

For now, he's saying the right things and he's racking up the assists.

aj_is_god
08-11-2004, 08:08 PM
his name is routledge

Shipp Ahoy!
08-11-2004, 08:09 PM
3milllion :confused:

We turned it down, so surely that means he is worth more then that?

c_block_lad
08-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Shipp Ahoy!
3milllion :confused:

We turned it down, so surely that means he is worth more then that?

THFC offer was 2M.

ANDYEAGLE
08-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bigee
Not been offered one yet,not,not,not,not,not,not,not,.................. ................................not a thing....

Yes very strange that one makes no sense.

nomad
08-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Dont believe all the crap in the papers/tv,all offer variations of the same.WR's agent is not/never was Stretford as such.No talks have taken place,i repeat NONE.

You know that for a fact do you? Don't tell me, you have inside knowledge and all that b******s we regularly her on BBS.

Ardent Eagle Forever
08-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Not surprising now that we are doing well and Santini has left Tottenham.

Iain Dowie
08-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Great News,Wayne for england under 21's!!!

mojoeagle
08-11-2004, 09:10 PM
good news but he needs to keep an eye out for santini

bigee
08-11-2004, 09:12 PM
I could not possibly comment.....(and i presume you mean on 'here' and not 'her')

mouseboy
08-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by aj_is_god
his name is routledge
just wat i thought

mojoeagle
08-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by mojoeagle
good news but he needs to keep an eye out for santini

I mean Lakis

peterg
08-11-2004, 10:23 PM
So Spurs no longer good enough for him? Why transfer to a team in turmoil without a manager, when you have one of the most inspirational managers in British soccer already?

cpfc_spc1982
09-11-2004, 12:11 AM
not to bothered either way. from a financial and selling point of view it would be better he signed a new deal though.

TheCharmer
09-11-2004, 04:54 AM
What no one seem s to answer is why hasn't Wayne been offered a contract yet?

Is there a stumbling block, ie. His agent is asking for too high wages? What is the exact situation?

Gooders
09-11-2004, 09:48 AM
He was quoted in one of this mornings papers along the lines of "that's what I have agents for".

Don't know why a player needs more than one?

And we all know how much Jordan enjoys dealing with agents.

For all we know, his agents are saying "he's off at the end of his contract, so don't worry about making an offer Palace".

TheCharmer
09-11-2004, 10:11 AM
i doubt they're saying that if the player truly want s to stay, they will just be negotiating to get him as much money as possible

Tommy Pickle
09-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by peterg
So Spurs no longer good enough for him? Why transfer to a team in turmoil without a manager, when you have one of the most inspirational managers in British soccer already?

You sound bitter. He doesn't want to transfer to a team in turmoil. He wants to stay at Palace and has never said otherwise.

Tommy Pickle
09-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
What no one seem s to answer is why hasn't Wayne been offered a contract yet?

Is there a stumbling block, ie. His agent is asking for too high wages? What is the exact situation?

Obviously the longer this goes on the stronger Routledge's position is. Its also pretty obvious that he wants more than we are prepared to offer at the moment. IMO i think he could get what he wants at another club, if he does stay it will be because of Dowie and not money.

eagles #1
09-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Its FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL! Not soccer! God sake men dont let the yanks sway you!

:p

Freddy Kurz
09-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Jza

And how much does this unpleasant piece of gossip help Crystal Palace
Football Club and Wayne Routledge? If you and his cousin can't find
anything better to say about one our most talented players, wouldn't
it be better if you said nothing?

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 11:37 AM

Any chance you know why?? Is it wage demands from agents?? Does Wayne know himself?? :confused:

Freddy Kurz
09-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Gooders
He was quoted in one of this mornings papers along the lines of "that's what I have agents for".

Don't know why a player needs more than one?

And we all know how much Jordan enjoys dealing with agents.

For all we know, his agents are saying "he's off at the end of his contract, so don't worry about making an offer Palace".
But we don't know that Gooders, do we, so why speculate? What
ever happens to Routledge it would clearly be in Palace's best interests
to sign him on as long and as reasonably generous contract as possible
to avoid losing him on a Bosman. Anyone signing him in the future
would thus have to buy up any balance of his contract outstanding
AND fork out a substantial transfer fee. This is what we have
done with AJ. At nineteen, with his talent and potential, he has
the football world at his feet, provided he is prepared to work hard
to develop and perfect his game and regard himself as a team-
player with CPFC.

bigbobjoylove
09-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Smiley,it is yet another great Palace mystery as to why WR has not yet been offered anything,no 'demands' have been made,no talks have taken place despite some reports saying they(i presume they meanWR's agent)are in the middle of them.It just seems bizzare or bloody ridiculous that he has reached this stage of his contract in this position.

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Very very strange - and quite worrying. I really, really hope it gets sorted out - Wayne is a star in the making, and I for one would love him to stay at Palace.

nottsunieagle
09-11-2004, 12:13 PM
he has never once come out and said that he wants to leave. he says on sky sports that he hasn't even been offered anything yet. why the hell not? he will be, if not already, the finest player we have produced in god knows how long.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=236619&cpid=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Routledge+waiting+on+new+deal

bigee
09-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Lets just hope SJ has not already decided to cash in on WR hence the reason for no talks/offers etc.

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Lets hope. Although, at present, I'd be amazed if Dowie would let him get away with it. However, having said that - every time ID talks about AJ he says he does not want him to go, but that he cannot stop SJ from wanting to sell should the right offer come in ...

bigee
09-11-2004, 12:27 PM
I tend to agree re:Dowies influence yet SJ being SJ.........

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I don't really know what SJ is like - all we get is the press releases. He seems to be passionate about Palace though, and I'd be very suprised if he lets Wayne go without a fight. Although we all know his opinion on agents, and we all know whose company Wayne is represented by - not a good mix. I begin to wonder if the lack of conract offer is SJ trying to think of a way of not dealing with Stretford and Co ...

bigee
09-11-2004, 12:38 PM
You may be correct ,who knows but even if he does not want to deal with WR's agents(who is not Stretford personally)he has still got to speak/converse with someone surely,why not even speak to the player himself? Strange? or what?

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Very strange. I'd have thought the first thing to do would be to speak to the player - even more so now with Wayne clearly indicating in the press he wants to stay.

ANDYEAGLE
09-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
But we don't know that Gooders, do we, so why speculate? What
ever happens to Routledge it would clearly be in Palace's best interests
to sign him on as long and as reasonably generous contract as possible
to avoid losing him on a Bosman. Anyone signing him in the future
would thus have to buy up any balance of his contract outstanding
AND fork out a substantial transfer fee. This is what we have
done with AJ. At nineteen, with his talent and potential, he has
the football world at his feet, provided he is prepared to work hard
to develop and perfect his game and regard himself as a team-
player with CPFC.

Agree with you Freddy. Wayne deserves a good contract. He knows he can get it elsewhere. People say his is only nineteen and should hang around for a few more years. Why should he not want to secure his future?,all of us would do the same. What stay at Palace and earn a fraction of what he could earn elsewhere.In that time he could have a bad injury or even not fulfill his potential. In this day and age you have to get the money when you can because tomorrow it may not be there.
If Palace want to keep him they have to pay him thats life and I think they will.

bigee
09-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Also could not agree more,WR has now played just on 100 1st team appearances,he surely deserves a good contract,at least as much as the 8 or 9 new player brought in.

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 01:00 PM
At least.

Sunny Fan
09-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Good to see those words of Wayne. And yes, we should prioritise offering him a good contract

Clapham Grand
09-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Would be great news if it happens

It wasn't me!
09-11-2004, 02:19 PM
I might be going over old ground here but there is just a few things i want to repeat/add:

Wayne has only done 1 interview so all the others are quotes from the original.

I have always said he didn't want to go. Wayne may be 19 but very grown up and knows what he want's.

He is injured and won't be playing tomorrow.

There has been no offers - from Palace

He has not put in demands, not had a chance to.

He is one of the lowest paid players at the club.

At the start of the season, new players were brought in on good money and other players wages were increased a good amount. But Wayne wasn't one of those.

It is not his agents (you often have 2 looking after you - well at pro active) SJ hasn't talked to them. Doesn't want to talk to them.

He is unhappy with some of the stick he's got from the fans. He feels as if he doesn't deserve it.

Someone said he wanted to leave after the Chelsea game, how funny he has NEVER said he wanted to leave. Stop listening to these so called cousins. Bearing in mind the majority of his family are in Liverpool!!!

Just a reminder Wayne's contract was due to be revised after his birthday, it will be a year later in January.

I will admit that it does bother him that he hasn't been offered a new contract, it isn't about money. By them not offering a contract it makes him feel he's not wanted.

As for other clubs, he isn't gonna run of to another club. He's always being told about interest of other clubs but like most players he doesn't believe the hype!!

bigee
09-11-2004, 02:23 PM
There is not a lot i can add to that other than the bit about most of his family being in L'POOL! The rest of it IS accurate......

It wasn't me!
09-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Have to disagree but hey not here to argue just telling it from my side. Believe me or not, i don't care.

bigee
09-11-2004, 02:28 PM
No problem with that,nice to see someone giving people on here the facts of WR's contract saga for once.And yes we will agree to disagree!

It wasn't me!
09-11-2004, 02:30 PM
For once someone being civil!

bigee
09-11-2004, 02:34 PM
I would almost go as far as saying your post should be made a 'sticky' at the moment so as people know the truth re WR and so do not resort to inane speculation and assumptions.

glaziers fan
09-11-2004, 03:59 PM
To be honest, I think it's a disgrace that Wayne hasn't been offered a new contract. He deserves one. Sort it out SJ. Don't be a penny pincher. I f anyone deserves a new contract it's Wayne. And he deserves it NOW and back-paid for the last 3 months!

bigee
09-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Nothing to add to that is there?

Jasper
09-11-2004, 04:08 PM
If Wayne signs a new contract he can concentrate on playing and not have to worry about speculation regarding his future. I hope people don't think In my opinion his perfromances have been slightly inconsistent at times, although we have to remember he is still only 19.

gilberts knife
09-11-2004, 05:14 PM
just out of interest how much a week do you think we should offer a19 year old

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by It wasn't me!
I might be going over old ground here but there is just a few things i want to repeat/add:

Wayne has only done 1 interview so all the others are quotes from the original.

I have always said he didn't want to go. Wayne may be 19 but very grown up and knows what he want's.

He is injured and won't be playing tomorrow.

There has been no offers - from Palace

He has not put in demands, not had a chance to.

He is one of the lowest paid players at the club.

At the start of the season, new players were brought in on good money and other players wages were increased a good amount. But Wayne wasn't one of those.

It is not his agents (you often have 2 looking after you - well at pro active) SJ hasn't talked to them. Doesn't want to talk to them.

He is unhappy with some of the stick he's got from the fans. He feels as if he doesn't deserve it.

Someone said he wanted to leave after the Chelsea game, how funny he has NEVER said he wanted to leave. Stop listening to these so called cousins. Bearing in mind the majority of his family are in Liverpool!!!

Just a reminder Wayne's contract was due to be revised after his birthday, it will be a year later in January.

I will admit that it does bother him that he hasn't been offered a new contract, it isn't about money. By them not offering a contract it makes him feel he's not wanted.

As for other clubs, he isn't gonna run of to another club. He's always being told about interest of other clubs but like most players he doesn't believe the hype!!

He sounds as level headed as we could only hope him to be. Hope the contract comes soon ...

(and thanks for the info :))

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-11-2004, 06:09 PM

Thats what i said for ages but gave up as so many people were convinced he had been put on better terms.....SJ promised him a new contract but it never happened.

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Thats what i said for ages but gave up as so many people were convinced he had been put on better terms.....SJ promised him a new contract but it never happened.

He would not sign it anyways.

AndyStreet
09-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by c_block_lad
He would not sign it anyways.

How can he sign something he hasn't been offered?

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by AndyStreet

I mean, that regardless if Wayne is offered a new contract or not, he will not be staying.

AndyStreet
09-11-2004, 06:17 PM
I mean, that regardless if Wayne is offered a new contract or not, he will not be staying.

Nobody can actually find out whether or not that's true unless he's actually offered new terms.

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-11-2004, 06:24 PM

Exactly, he would have signed it. Without a doubt.

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 06:26 PM

And what EXACTLY do you know?

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by smileysmith
And what EXACTLY do you know?

That today is Tuesday, and tomorrow is Wednesday.

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 06:27 PM
So, why say with apparent absolute certainty that he would not sign?

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 06:31 PM
So, why say with apparent absolute certainty that he would not sign?

Here lies your downfall.

"Apparent".

Like I said, I aint one to make bullshit lies up and post them on the BBS like some.

But from "good sources, close to Wayne etc etc", Wayne will be leaving this club in the summer. Im 99% certain.

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-11-2004, 06:42 PM

But from "good sources, close to Wayne etc etc", Wayne will be leaving this club in the summer. Im 99% certain.

Yes, but only if he isnt offered a contract!!

bigee
09-11-2004, 06:42 PM
c block i just hope you are not a betting man.

Justin
09-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Bigee - you think therefore that WR will sign a new contract and stay?

smileysmith
09-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Here lies your downfall.

"Apparent".

Like I said, I aint one to make bullshit lies up and post them on the BBS like some.

I wasn't saying you are lying - just want to know WHY you sound so certain?

I'm not asking for a source, just why you have this opinion.

bigee
09-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Justin,i cannot actually speak for WR but in no way is the situation as c-block describes.What i can say is that he would almost certainly have signed on his 18th(when he should have had a review)or even the back end/pre season this year if a deal was offered.As he says himself he is still waiting for the club to offer anything......perhaps they dont want him anymore?

Les Butler
09-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by gilberts knife
just out of interest how much a week do you think we should offer a19 year old

Age does not come into it in my book,you pay him what he is worth football wise and you give the lad some respect,seems he is not getting either at the Palace.

Gooders
09-11-2004, 08:05 PM

We've heard this before.

The difference when it came to Julian is that he actually did get some stick.

I can't think of one example of Wayne getting stick from the crowd at a game.

Thanks for the insight IWM, as always, but I'll take this comment at least with a pinch of salt.

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 08:22 PM
We've heard this before.

Thanks for the insight IWM, as always, but I'll take this comment at least with a pinch of salt.

Agreed, when has Wayne been abused by the crowd?

More spin from the WR camp...

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Yes, but only if he isnt offered a contract!!

He is going regardless of wether he is offered a contract or not.

No doubt the WR camp will use this spin about he has not been offered a new contract, but even early as last year Wayne wanted to move on.

bigee
09-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Says who?

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Says who?
Look above.

If people do not believe me fine, but I am not one to post bullshit lies on the BBS like others.

I post what I know.

bigee
09-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Then you have obviously been misinformed.

c_block_lad
09-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Then you have obviously been misinformed.

We will see won't we.

bigee
09-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Indeed we will,i have not said WR will not leave the club but it is most certainly not the case that he has already decided to leave as you have indicated.

kolinkins
09-11-2004, 08:36 PM
I post what I know.

You know 9536 things? ;)

Gooders
09-11-2004, 09:02 PM
it is most certainly not the case that he has already decided to leave as you have indicated.

We've heard that before too.

bigee
09-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Does not mean it is not true though does it?

Gooders
09-11-2004, 09:12 PM
It wasn't true last time.

bigee
09-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Last time?do you mean JG? If so why the link?WR is not JG.

Young Trolley
09-11-2004, 09:28 PM
If true that no contract has been offered as promised and that no discussions with SJ and WR's advisors have either then I am mystified and downright livid. Why on earth would we be going our of our way to alienate and potentially lose our brightest young talent? It just does not make any sense

Gooders
09-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Precisely.

Which is why there is so obviously a lot more to it than anyone on here knows or has shared with us.

It wasn't me!
10-11-2004, 10:09 AM
We've heard this before.

Not saying he got it at matches, but he has had people come up to him when he's been out and about. I guess it's only a small amount of small minded people.

It wasn't me!
10-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Why wouldn't he have signed a new contract? He has been at palace from a young age, they gave him the chance in the first team. He is a loyal guy.

His agents have not been avoiding SJ re contract talks, in fact Wayne's mum has been trying to get talks going for over a year.

As for SJ not liking his agent, which he doesn't. Last season Wayne's contract expired with pro active and would have been the perfect opportunity for SJ to deal with Wayne direct. But nope, still no talks never mind a contract to sign. Then he renewed the contract. Back to square one.

Wouldn't surprise me if SJ wanted a bidding war for Wayne.

smileysmith
10-11-2004, 10:19 AM
I guess it's only a small amount of small minded people.

I would think / hope so.

smileysmith
10-11-2004, 10:20 AM

He is definitely going the wrong way about it if he does. All clubs will be prepared to wait until the end of the season, or will only offer a reduced price for January ... unless they are desperate!

davematt
10-11-2004, 10:25 AM
He is definitely going the wrong way about it if he does. All clubs will be prepared to wait until the end of the season, or will only offer a reduced price for January ... unless they are desperate!

Plus, they will all be able to talk to Wayne without needing the clubs permission. Once he see's a few contracts on the table with alot of zero's on them, we are screwd and have very little chance of keeping him.

It wasn't me!
10-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah i know what you mean, but there must a reason as to why they aren't pulling their finger out.

Someone said on the other thread about Wayne's agents that they think it is the agent's fault. I have to say I know from the player side and the club and agent side that there have been NO talks what so ever.

All we can do is sit and wait.

Cleon
10-11-2004, 12:59 PM

Now, IWM, I normally give your posts respect on the basis of some form of knowledge of the players. But this is conspiracy theory at it's worst. Why on earth would SJ want to see if he can push bids for WR up from 3M to, say, maybe 5M. Anyone can see that Wayne Routledge has created more goals than any other player this season - 6 assists (only behind Henry & Pires in the Premiership) testify to that. Why would SJ want to earn a pitiful 5M in return for his primary creator, and one of the reasons we might avoid relegation this season? Staying up will pay him another 12M. I think even SJ can do the maths there.

It wasn't me!
10-11-2004, 02:02 PM
And you think SJ thinks like that, he will sell anyone for the right price especially if he isn't 100% sure we stay up!

bigee
10-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't know who 'It wasn't me' is but i am telling you all that what he has told you in his previous few posts re:WR is correct.Like it or not no talks of any description have taken place.Might i suggest you ask the club/SJ/ID why this is so because WR certainly does'nt.

Tommy Pickle
10-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Guys its so obvious that the dispute is over money. We need to offer him a decent amount. IMO he deserves it.

bigee
10-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Tommy me old Pickle,yes he should be offered a decent amount and yes he deserves it,but at this stage there is no dispute because nothing has been offered to dispute.

It wasn't me!
10-11-2004, 03:12 PM
money isn't the issue, if they had renewed his contract when they were meant to then his wages could have still been quite low especially compared to what others are on now.

Raf
10-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Interesting rumour from the 606 boards...

A Friend who works for Palace Radio said a lady in her fifties that he knows goes to the same gym as the Palace players in Beckenham .Apparently she was sitting in the steam room on her own when AJ and Wayne Routledge walked in and started talking.Wayne was saying how he was flattered with the new offer Spurs had tabled but from what he said it sounded like he will definately stay at Palace , AJ wa also saying that Rodney Marsh had been comparing him to a player on SKY and he didn't agree with it.But this women (who supports Palace )couldn't believe they were talking so openly about wages and salaries i mean she could have been a reporter or anyone, she said the funny thing was the minute a man walked in they both shut up talking..

Beanie
11-11-2004, 11:11 AM
And you think SJ thinks like that, he will sell anyone for the right price especially if he isn't 100% sure we stay up!
Of course he would ANY chairman would. What's the point? United sold Beckham, Liverpool sold Owen, Everton sold Rooney, PSV sold Ronaldo "for the right price". Question is what is the "right price"?

davematt
11-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Raf
Interesting rumour from the 606 boards...

A Friend who works for Palace Radio said a lady in her fifties that he knows goes to the same gym as the Palace players in Beckenham .Apparently she was sitting in the steam room on her own when AJ and Wayne Routledge walked in and started talking.Wayne was saying how he was flattered with the new offer Spurs had tabled but from what he said it sounded like he will definately stay at Palace , AJ wa also saying that Rodney Marsh had been comparing him to a player on SKY and he didn't agree with it.But this women (who supports Palace )couldn't believe they were talking so openly about wages and salaries i mean she could have been a reporter or anyone, she said the funny thing was the minute a man walked in they both shut up talking..

As ridiculous as I sounds, this has probably got more credibilty than other stories.

Beanie
11-11-2004, 11:15 AM
money isn't the issue, if they had renewed his contract when they were meant to then his wages could have still been quite low especially compared to what others are on now.
#Whilst I can understand Wayne not being happy if a promised rise didn't happen, is this actually working against his best interests? He is under contract until June - okay an extra 6 months on low money, but if around April it is clear we will stay up surely he will have a stronger hand for a better deal for four or five years. If he doesn't get it he's a free agent any way. How is he losing out?

Daddy Long
11-11-2004, 11:22 AM
This is certainly a strange one. IWM and Bigee are correct in that Wayne has not been offered a deal yet. I am surprised that it has taken the press so long to pick up on this - it has certainly been common knowledge on this BBS, reported by IWM and myself, for a good few months. I can not work out why on earth no deal is forthcoming. ID has been vocal in the press saying that he wants the situation resolved, other players have signed new deals but Wayne continues to be ignored despite his good performances this season and continued developement. It seems a no brainer to me. I can only assume that Sj is playing some sort of childish game - I know that Wayne's mother is very involved and vocal in trying to get Wayne a new deal and SJ may just be acting stubborn because he can. Who knows. I just hope it gets sorted.

Dave
11-11-2004, 11:48 AM
This is certainly a strange one. IWM and Bigee are correct in that Wayne has not been offered a deal yet. I am surprised that it has taken the press so long to pick up on this - it has certainly been common knowledge on this BBS, reported by IWM and myself, for a good few months.

Don't get me started:

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92088

TheCharmer
11-11-2004, 12:16 PM
this is all getting a bit tiresome isn't it?

palace_burger
11-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Relax be groovey, grow a big beard and wait and see what happens.

Stop all the speculation, it only makes matters worse.

Sussex Eagle
11-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Agreed, when has Wayne been abused by the crowd?

More spin from the WR camp...

Well, the pretty miniscule hooly element of the crowd seem to have taken against him in a big way. And the grumbles and groans whenever Wayne dares to get tackled are monumental. Unfortunately, I can imagine boo's soon if this crap about him being desperate to go continues to be spread by you and others. Wayne should be offered as much as he wants, within reason. He's one of our biggest assets and it will be criminal if we just let him slip through our fingers.

smileysmith
11-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Who knows. I just hope it gets sorted.

Exactly. :(

bigee
11-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Beanie,by thetime WR's current contract expires he would have played for 18 months without his review.Would anyone on here be happy to have written into their work contract that they are entitled to a review and then not get it?The only winner in this situation is SJ who has saved a few quid(maybe it will help him pay for a replacement watch!) but at the expense of possibly upsetting one of our undoubted better players.

SIKO
11-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Beanie,by thetime WR's current contract expires he would have played for 18 months without his review.Would anyone on here be happy to have written into their work contract that they are entitled to a review and then not get it?The only winner in this situation is SJ who has saved a few quid(maybe it will help him pay for a replacement watch!) but at the expense of possibly upsetting one of our undoubted better players.

Unfortunately for Wayne, welcome to SJ's world.

I have a feeling it wont happen until the last minute, and of course Waynes agent is not one of SJ's favourites. The problem for Wayne is, if he did leave, it would probably be insinuated it was WR's fault, and for one so young to have to go through the treatment he would get would not be fair.

bigee
11-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Siko,i suspect you may be correct,after all it has been a few weeks since the club/ID said they want him to stay and still nothing.There are already lots on these forums suggesting it is WR's fault,ie,wage demands,agents interference,not loyal etc.

smileysmith
12-11-2004, 09:32 AM
There are already lots on these forums suggesting it is WR's fault,ie,wage demands,agents interference,not loyal etc.

Thats the problem. Once the rumours start flying, it could not be long before the booboys get going at Selhurst. :veryangry

Gooders
12-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Siko,i suspect you may be correct,after all it has been a few weeks since the club/ID said they want him to stay and still nothing.There are already lots on these forums suggesting it is WR's fault,ie,wage demands,agents interference,not loyal etc.

Where is it written that every word a player says is gospel truth?

It does make me laugh that we're all supposed to assume SJ is constantly lying and that the players (Wayne, Julian Gray, whoever...) always tell the absolute truth. Wayne knows full well why he has not been offered a contract. He is playing the game.

Those of you that know that Wayne has not been offered a contract presumably also know why. Rightly or wrongly, the situation is unlikely to get resolved whilst he uses his current agent.

I suspect only the intervention of Dowie might get this sorted - he clearly rates Wayne, or he wouldn't pick him every week.

GreatGonzo
22-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Apparently the Routledge in January Rumour is gathering pace at quite a rate at the Spurs end.

A couple of guys at work support them and they are expecting him to be a Spurs player come January.

Also noticed a Martin Jol comment that they will play 3 up front tonight as they play to their strengths, 'we do not have wingers at this club' he said. A situation they are bound to try and rectify come the window!

Hope he doesn't go but if they ar edesperate for wingers it may well be a sellers market where Spurs are concerned. They may well go for Reid too!

Jim Cannon
22-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Apparently the Routledge in January Rumour is gathering pace at quite a rate at the Spurs end.

Well at least Wilton Days will be happy.:rolleyes:

Beanie
22-11-2004, 04:46 PM

I suspect many people on this site have exactly that happening to them. Where is it written that "review" = "pay rise". I have a review every year, I have not had a pay rise every year. The rights and wrongs of who does or does not deserve a rise are the sole province of the people at the top right or wrong and open to endless debate but it is quite possible that a review has been carried out without a new deal being forthcoming. Not saying it's right - but it's the way things work.

Beanie
22-11-2004, 04:49 PM

A couple of guys at work support them and they are expecting him to be a Spurs player come January.
It's that big club/little club thing again. Spurs can predict what they like, they can't make anything happen in January that Palace won't accept. End of the season is of course different, but at the moment what does it matter what Spurs or Spurs fans predict?

GreatGonzo
22-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Because if Spurs offer enough in January that we think is larger than we would get at tribunal then we would sell him!

bigee
22-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Beanie,i take your point about a review not automatically means a pay rise,and leaving aside my opinion that WR deserves one,but when you/others have such reviews do you not at least get told that you have actually had one?If SJ did indeed carry out such a review it is a shame he did not inform the player.

RickyB
22-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet...

According to todays Mirror (i think), SJ is speaking directly with WR's mum and Gary Borrowdales Parents Friend about the contracts. States that he prefers to speak to them as he has know them longer.

forsells no1 fan
22-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Because if Spurs offer enough in January that we think is larger than we would get at tribunal then we would sell him!

Even if it costs us substationaly more with relegation?

pedro
22-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by forsells no1 fan
Even if it costs us substationaly more with relegation?
Not that likely that he will be the difference between staying up and getting relegated. There are far more important players in the squad than Routledge and I think taking the money (if offered) and re-investing it on left sided players would be a far better option as Buttsy and Lakis could comfortably play right midfield.

bigee
22-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Ricky B,trust me on this one,SJ is NOT talking to WR's mum.

forsells no1 fan
22-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Not that likely that he will be the difference between staying up and getting relegated. There are far more important players in the squad than Routledge and I think taking the money (if offered) and re-investing it on left sided players would be a far better option as Buttsy and Lakis could comfortably play right midfield.

Yeah theres far more important players than our leading assist player?:rolleyes:

palace_burger
22-11-2004, 09:58 PM
Jol might be gone come January, thats 4 on the bounce they have lost.

We could be well above them in the table, why would Wayne (or his Mum!) want him join an inferior team destined to be relegated!

Theres always one give team that gets dragged into the battle at the bottom, Spurs could end the season in termoil.

palace_burger
22-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by palace_burger
Jol might be gone come January, thats 6 on the bounce they have lost.

We could be well above them in the table come Jan, why would Wayne (or his Mum!) want him join an inferior team destined to be relegated!

Theres always one big name team that gets dragged into the battle at the bottom, Spurs could end the season in termoil.

RickyB
22-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Ricky B,trust me on this one,SJ is NOT talking to WR's mum.

I didn't say he was! I'm just reporting what I saw in the paper.

SpikeyMatt
22-11-2004, 10:28 PM
I heard from my mate Graham, that Routledge's dog has given an exclusive interview with The Sun tomorrow, accurately detailing Wayne's contract situation.

Could be an interesting read, could possibly drive some Palace fans barking mad at what Wayne has to say apparently.

pedro
22-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Yeah theres far more important players than our leading assist player?:rolleyes:
So you think Routledge is more important than AJ, Hughes, Riihilahti, Hall and Watson do you. You can make stats read whatever you like, I am not digging him out because he is young and still learning but are there also figures for the number of times he needlessly gives the ball away, fails to track back properly, fails to clear the first defender at free kicks etc. I am not picking on him personally just trying to make a point. I have no doubt that he will one day establish himself as a Premiership player but to make out that he could be the difference between us staying up and going down is wrong because he never has that type of influence in a game. Sure, he is an entertainer and has his moments but that is all they are at present and until he does take the game by the scruff of the neck and control it there will always be other players who will have a more important say as to whether we survive or not.

Sussex Eagle
23-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Ok, lets hear these figures for 'needlessly giving the ball away, failing to track back properly and failing to clear the first defender at free kicks' that you speak of Pedro. Give me the full breakdown.

:hmph:

bigee
23-11-2004, 07:43 AM
His stats for giving the ball away are no worse than most of our midfield!
Week after week his pass completion stats are around 50%,very similar to Watson,Hughes,Aki etc.And Pedro i agree,you can indeed make stats read anything you like,45% of us know that!!!!!

Garfy
23-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Given that the two goals on Saturday came from Wayne losing the ball for the first goal and bottling a challenge for the second I surprised anyone needs statistics.

Perhaps counting the times he beats his man and then turns back to try and beat him again would be interesting. He goes down channels and lacks vision. What he needs is coaching and time which is not something you get in a relegation dog fight.

I believe he has the potential but right now we need results and if that means putting Wayne on the bench so be it.

TheCharmer
23-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Absolutely spot on Garfy.

WR is infuriating, and this lead assist band wagon is a kop out.

Every manager has a player who is his achilles heel (eg, he stand s by regardless of performance), and Dowie s is Routledge.

Gooders
23-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Given how Sir Iain raved about Lakis when he signed him "great player, not fit but so good that I want him to play anyway" I'm surprised that he hasn't rested Wayne a bit more.

I also think that Wayne would be far more effective coming off the bench for 20-30 minutes when the opposition are tiring.

Cleon
23-11-2004, 08:29 AM
The same people that hounded Mullins week in week out, questioned Morrison's commitment, and boo'ed Gray until he left the club are now starting on Routledge - one of the most talented youngsters we've produced in years, and one that has helped produce almost 50% of of goals in the Premiership this season.

I'm getting quite sick of some of the morons at this club. Somehow Tommy Black and Neil Shipperley don't get the same abuse, and they are genuinely ineffectual. Anyone enlighten me as to why this is?

SIKO
23-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by RickyB
Not sure if this has been posted yet...

According to todays Mirror (i think), SJ is speaking directly with WR's mum and Gary Borrowdales Parents Friend about the contracts. States that he prefers to speak to them as he has know them longer.

I doubt if WR's mum would be speaking to Jordan about a contract. You would have much more chance of her sending Wayne for a morning paper from a man called Kieron eh bigee;) ;)

GTR
23-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Cleon - agree entirely with what you are inferring here. While the days of overt racism are thankfully largely behind us (and were never a significant problem at Palace in my period of support) the way in which some players are thought to be casual, not committed to the cause or just generally not up to the job is more than coincidence.

Freddy Kurz
23-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by SIKO
I doubt if WR's mum would be speaking to Jordan about a contract. You would have much more chance of her sending Wayne for a morning paper from a man called Kieron eh bigee;) ;)

Well, well, SIKO you appear to know more about Jordan's affairs than
Jordan does himself! Our Chairman has been quoted as saying that
he will indeed be discussing Routledge's future with him and his mother
as he did when the player first signed for the Club.

Ollie Ox
23-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Cleon
The same people that hounded Mullins week in week out, questioned Morrison's commitment, and boo'ed Gray until he left the club are now starting on Routledge - one of the most talented youngsters we've produced in years, and one that has helped produce almost 50% of of goals in the Premiership this season.

I'm getting quite sick of some of the morons at this club. Somehow Tommy Black and Neil Shipperley don't get the same abuse, and they are genuinely ineffectual. Anyone enlighten me as to why this is?

Very good point! How can anyone dismiss what WR has done this season, without his assists we would be bottom of the league.

Ollie Ox
23-11-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Garfy
Given that the two goals on Saturday came from Wayne losing the ball for the first goal and bottling a challenge for the second I surprised anyone needs statistics.

Perhaps counting the times he beats his man and then turns back to try and beat him again would be interesting. He goes down channels and lacks vision. What he needs is coaching and time which is not something you get in a relegation dog fight.

I believe he has the potential but right now we need results and if that means putting Wayne on the bench so be it.

The main reason we conceded the second goal was because we pushed Fitz up front leaving us exposed at the back. WR did lose the ball but it was on the edge of Newcastles box, not in our half!!

winners
23-11-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Cleon

absolute rubbish!

This thread is about Routledge which is why there are comments about Routledge. If you looked, there are threads about Shipperly and Black where people are far harsher. Routledge is a very good player, and in my opinion our best young player but still has a lot to learn. Wright Phillips was a similar player, but has improved 100% over the last 2 years, and hopefully so will Wayne.

Take your head out of your ass, and stop trying to see an angle there, that just isnt!!!!! :veryangry :veryangry

Sussex Eagle
23-11-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't see people telling Shipps to "f*ck off to Sheffield/Barnsley etc" or even the useless Black to "f*ck off to Forest" as I so often hear people say "f*ck off to spurs Routledge!" - perhaps its our collective paranoia (see: A.Hansen) coming in again - we're scared of losing Wayne, who we all in reality realise is fantastically talented, so some of us have already decided to turn on him.

winners
23-11-2004, 09:29 AM
perhaps its our collective paranoia (see: A.Hansen) coming in again - we're scared of losing Wayne, who we all in reality realise is fantastically talented, so some of us have already decided to turn on him. [/B][/QUOTE]

I believe this is spot on, and the farce that was Julian Gays contract talks last year hasnt helped things either. Neither has the fact that Wayne and Julian are very good friends.

Freddy Kurz
23-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Garfy

What a good job Iain Dowie is our manager and not you! If we were
to drop every creative player on the basis of losing the ball on the
edge of their opponents' box or in their opponents' half we would have
to drop AJ, Hughes, Watson, Kolkka and Routledge after every bloody
game! It is impossible for players whose job it is to take on and
go past opponents to do so every single time! I have seen super-
stars like Pele, Maradona, Matthews, Finney, Doherty, Carter, Best
etc.etc, lose the ball on numerous occasions, but this didn't stop
them continuing to try to beat their opponents - that is their role. But, you may ask, didn't Routledge losing the ball lead to both of
Newcastle's goals? Yes, but what were the rest of the Palace
team doing, allowing Newcastle the freedom of the park to enable them to score at the other end? I would estimate that most
Palace players were giving the ball away to opponents for 50/60%
of the match, often in OUR half. The fact that Newcastle didn't
cash in from this was purely fortuitous, but are you arguing that
all the Palace players that gave away possession should be dropped?
Creative players like Routledge, Kolkka and Lakis should not be
discouraged from taking on and beating opponents, provided they
do this judiciously and preferably in their opponents' half. But to
further inhibit this type of player would greatly reduce Palace's
attacking options.

Beanie
23-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Beanie
It's that big club/little club thing again. Spurs can predict what they like, they can't make anything happen in January that Palace won't accept. End of the season is of course different, but at the moment what does it matter what Spurs or Spurs fans predict?
Yes that is true - what ever the result you should know the review happened.

Beanie
23-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Of course - IF Spurs offer enough. But will they? ANY player would be sold by any club if somebody offered "enough". The bid may be in Spurs court - but the acceptance or otherwise it outside their control, and that is what these "big clubs" don't seem to want to understand. There is no level at which we have to sell, although no doubt a level at which we would sell, but Palace and not Spurs are in control, however strong the rumours.

Garfy
23-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Freedy Kurz

I have nothing against creative players and hope that Wayne develops but surely all those players you named created opportunities which were converted. Watching the game on Saturday those with the most threatening crosses were Kolka, Boyce and AJ.

Going down blind alleyways was Vince Hilaire's speciality and Wayne's going the same route. Teach him to look up and see other players making runs and he could fulfil the potential that you and many others see in him.

smileysmith
06-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Looks like Spurs may have given up hope for Wayne?? (http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4541)

Essexeagle
06-12-2004, 02:00 PM
I notice that there is a Spuds fan on that site who claims to be a friend of Wayne's. His wisdom is that if we stay up he will sign a new deal, if we go down he will leave.

That's the sort of inside information you could only get from a close friend :D

smileysmith
06-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Essexeagle
I notice that there is a Spuds fan on that site who claims to be a friend of Wayne's. His wisdom is that if we stay up he will sign a new deal, if we go down he will leave.

:D :rolleyes:

bigee
06-12-2004, 07:53 PM
This 'close'friend may be right,but he has still to be offered such a deal!!

Spender
06-12-2004, 08:13 PM
We are already missing Julian Gray. To lose Wayne too would be a real blow. We need to add to the real quality in the side not lose it.

At the mo we are still short of dynamic players who have the ability to win a game for us at this level.

Please stay Wayne !

Essexeagle
07-12-2004, 12:28 PM
This 'close'friend may be right,but he has still to be offered such a deal!!

Iain Dowie is quoted as saying he will be offered one this week. Surely Wayne would know that this was about to happen, or perhaps it will be like a birthday surprise.

Ron Dogers
07-12-2004, 12:56 PM
in 1 paper today about Davies off to Everton and Wayne Jol's choice as replacement

Clapham Grand
07-12-2004, 01:23 PM
He has been playing much better recently. We have to beg him to sign!

El Aguila
07-12-2004, 01:30 PM
If I was a kid, Wayne is the player I'd want to be like. Hope he stays.

cpfcben
07-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Hope he stays. please stay Wayne.

bigee
07-12-2004, 06:52 PM
He may well be offered something this week,but he has also been told that before.Lets hope it happens this time and they make him a decent offer,he deserves it,100 appearances now,U21's etc.I am SURE he would love to stay.

Batsta
07-12-2004, 06:56 PM
I want him to stay. I hope he does stay.

But I can see 20k a week being very attractive.

Braders
07-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Please stay.......you know it makes sense. :cool:

LLCOOLSTEVE
07-12-2004, 07:05 PM
The fans will drive him away if they carry on slagging him off at times.

I was sitting with his mum at Southampton and she nearly hit this guy who was slagging him off with his mates, she was so upset. Should have seen the look she gave when he scored though :) but that was after she moved a few seats along as she didnt want to listen to the abuse anymore.

forsells no1 fan
07-12-2004, 07:07 PM
I want him to stay but only if he realy wants to stay himself. Im not having a dig saying he dosent but if were going to survive this season were going to need players giving it all they got!

c_block_lad
07-12-2004, 07:11 PM
The fans will drive him away if they carry on slagging him off at times.

I was sitting with his mum at Southampton and she nearly hit this guy who was slagging him off with his mates, she was so upset. Should have seen the look she gave when he scored though :) but that was after she moved a few seats along as she didnt want to listen to the abuse anymore.

He is "driving away" regardless of the fans as you claim "slag him off" or not.

More spin from the WR camp, are you their PR man?

Niceaction
07-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Have you never slagged a player off Steve? Did you ever think that the player may have had a relative sitting near you?

You pay your money, and you get to vent your frustrations however you feel (within reason of course).

Batsta
07-12-2004, 07:18 PM
If Wayne goes to Spurs I wouldn't recommend his mum sits with the Spurs fans ;)

Freddy Kurz
07-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Iain Dowie is quoted as saying he will be offered one this week. Surely Wayne would know that this was about to happen, or perhaps it will be like a birthday surprise.

Not this week it won't - his birthday is 7.1.85!

Freddy Kurz
07-12-2004, 07:26 PM
I want him to stay but only if he realy wants to stay himself. Im not having a dig saying he dosent but if were going to survive this season were going to need players giving it all they got!

And what proof have you that Wayne doesn't give all he's got?
Indeed, what evidence have you that Wayne is any different to
any of his teammates in giving all they've got?

kolinkins
07-12-2004, 07:29 PM

Oh shut up.

I was going to put forward an arguent as i usually do, but your frankly not up to deserving it at the moment.

kolinkins
07-12-2004, 07:31 PM
what evidence have you that Wayne is any different to

the way he walks, like Clinton and Gray before him!

Freddy Kurz
07-12-2004, 07:31 PM

Who precisely, are the "WR camp" and since when did he need "spin doctors? Are we not getting a little paranoid here? If a player's
Mum is now to be regarded as a "spin doctor" then we're definitely
approaching the world of fantasy.....

kolinkins
07-12-2004, 07:35 PM
If a player's Mum is now to be regarded as a "spin doctor" then we're definitely approaching the world of fantasy.....

Or c_world, if you will....

nomad
07-12-2004, 07:46 PM

Really sums things up doesn't it, if true. If ID is in charge and we get relegated, WR should help us bounce back up not bugger off to Tottenham scum. Some joker suggested that they were still a big club - you are living in the past, pal.

Sussex Eagle
07-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Why is it that we don't call him c_cock_lad anymore?

kolinkins
07-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle

That would be suggesting something false about him....

Chris Finch
07-12-2004, 07:51 PM

wanga

forsells no1 fan
07-12-2004, 07:56 PM
And what proof have you that Wayne doesn't give all he's got?
Indeed, what evidence have you that Wayne is any different to

I could be cynical and say his best permonce recently was in front of the live sky cameras but i wont! Read the start of my post i said im not having a dig at him just stating all players need to be totally commited to the cause this season!

Sussex Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Chris Finch
wanga

Can anyone shed some light on this one for me? Some kind of japanese cartoon?

kolinkins
07-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this one for me? Some kind of japanese cartoon?

Isnt it half the name os a sushi bar?

El Aguila
07-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Who precisely, are the "WR camp" and since when did he need "spin doctors? Are we not getting a little paranoid here? If a player's
Mum is now to be regarded as a "spin doctor" then we're definitely
approaching the world of fantasy.....
C-block lad is away with the fairies on this one. There's a nice story on the thread about the young Palace fan with kidney cancer about Wayne going round to the boy's house with AJ and Ben to cheer him up, by the way. Just another reason to get behind him.

c_block_lad
07-12-2004, 08:35 PM
I knew about the story regarding the sick lad before it hit the BBS, and of course I was delighted the three players in question took time out to do a marvelous job. So do not start that bollocks up.

And trust Kolinko's and Sussex Eagle to jump on their band wagon of abuse, the sad thing is these people get some sort of kick by calling me c_cock_lad. Laughable and Pathetic really.

And for the record I believe Wayne has the potential to be a fantasic player for this, or any football club. Yes, on present performances I would drop him from the side, but that is a different area all together, but if he can progress he could be a top player.

Batsta
07-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Fair play C_block.

I thought you posted that just to stir up a debate.

c_block_lad
07-12-2004, 08:42 PM
I have NEVER posted anything on the BBS to stir stuff up. Some people may not like my views, fair enough, I do not agree with other peoples view, thats the beauty of the BBS, just when the childish abuse coming from people I expected better of starts that makes the BBS a wanky place to be at times.

El Aguila
07-12-2004, 08:42 PM
I knew about the story regarding the sick lad before it hit the BBS, and of course I was delighted the three players in question took time out to do a marvelous job. So do not start that bollocks up.

I'm not starting any bollocks up, you cheeky young whippersnapper - just relating the story for anyone who hasn't seen it. I thought it reflected well on the player and the club.

kolinkins
07-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I have NEVER posted anything on the BBS to stir stuff up. Some people may not like my views, fair enough, I do not agree with other peoples view, thats the beauty of the BBS, just when the childish abuse coming from people I expected better of starts that makes the BBS a wanky place to be at times.

Childish abuse? Childishness, in the first instance, came from yourself with your blinkered view of Hall and Wayne. Why c_block - what sensible reason can there be?

Sussex Eagle
07-12-2004, 08:47 PM
c_cock; (I wasn't going to do that, but since you're on your high horse now)

If you are right and Wayne goes to Spuz in January and turns out to be a pre-madonna with a Louis Vuitton washbag, I'll apologise. Otherwise, I'll continue to think you're full of crap.

c_block_lad
07-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
I'm not starting any bollocks up, you cheeky young whippersnapper - just relating the story for anyone who hasn't seen it. I thought it reflected well on the player and the club.

I totaly 101% agree, like I said at the time, a wonderful gesture by the three players and the club, and one we can all be proud of as Palace fans.

But that has nothing to do with WR future at this football club.

Batsta
07-12-2004, 08:49 PM

As I say fair play.

I just assumed you had become one of the BBS "Alter-ego's".

c_block_lad
07-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
Childish abuse? Childishness, in the first instance, came from yourself with your blinkered view of Hall and Wayne. Why c_block - what sensible reason can there be?

Blinkered view?

Because at this moment of time I think both should be dropped?

Hardly a blinkered view, just an opinion. I been to all the home games, 3 aways so far, and what I have seen i.e. a large chunk of our games, that neither is doing well at the moment.

And I suggest your read my above post on Wayne, for what I think of him.

c_block_lad
07-12-2004, 08:53 PM
c_cock; (I wasn't going to do that, but since you're on your high horse now)

If you are right and Wayne goes to Spuz in January and turns out to be a pre-madonna with a Louis Vuitton washbag, I'll apologise. Otherwise, I'll continue to think you're full of crap.

I have nothing to add, but:

:D

BW_Palace
07-12-2004, 09:47 PM
You're joking right? Hall, not doing well? He's our best defender!

And Wayne was easily our best player against Charlton.

El Aguila
07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
I shudder to think how we would play without Wayne and Fitz Hall, to be honest.

The Vicar
07-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
You're joking right? Hall, not doing well? He's our best defender!

And Wayne was easily our best player against Charlton.

exactly right.

The Vicar
07-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Blinkered view?

Hardly a blinkered view, just an opinion. I been to all the home games, 3 aways so far, and what I have seen i.e. a large chunk of our games, that neither is doing well at the moment.

And I suggest your read my above post on Wayne, for what I think of him.

is this a joke?

zonin2000
07-12-2004, 10:10 PM

You are crazy

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wayne, a few weeks ago, perhaps.

But Hall?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

bosko
07-12-2004, 10:17 PM
lets hope his game improves cos he aint done much this season. Drop him until the contract has been signed.

El Aguila
07-12-2004, 10:19 PM
I thought Wayne looked like he needed a couple of games rest after the Liverpool game, but I was wrong. The Fitz Hall thing is inexplicable.

Tomo
07-12-2004, 10:27 PM
C-block I think usually you do speak a lot of sense but saying Hall is crap is silly I am afraid. Oh and very very very wrong.

Skid Row
07-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by bosko
Drop him until the contract has been signed.
So he gets dropped, his morale/confidence drops also and then you'd expect him to sign a new contract? I dont think so.

GreatGonzo
07-12-2004, 10:55 PM
C_block_lad, your having a laugh

AndyStreet
07-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Can we also drop AJ, Kiraly and Boyce whilst we're at it. And sack Dowie too. That ought to sort it all out.

zonin2000
07-12-2004, 11:14 PM
And Granville.

AndyStreet
07-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Don't be ridiculous Michael; Danny Granville is a perfectly competent defender. In fact we should probably drop Hall and put Granville at centre back. As captain. And honourary club president.

El Aguila
07-12-2004, 11:24 PM
I just wonder if c-block isn't playing a cunning long game, here. Has anybody here ever seen him and Roman Abramovich in the same place?

AndyStreet
07-12-2004, 11:30 PM
I believe they often dine together at Caviar Kaspia actually. Bloody ponces.

zonin2000
07-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Don't be ridiculous Michael; Danny Granville is a perfectly competent defender. In fact we should probably drop Hall and put Granville at centre back. As captain. And honourary club president.

Yes - bait, and risen :D.

AndyStreet
07-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Yes - bait, and risen :D.

Sorry, I rushed at that one like young Danny likes to rush straight past the winger he's supposed to be marking.

kolinkins
08-12-2004, 12:16 AM

I would agree, but I love seeing c_block cream his pants, so lets make Hughes captain, manager and chairman.

Young Trolley
10-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Mail reports this morning that we have offered him a 5 year 2.5 million deal that would give him parity with AJ on 10,000 a week.

Don't see why he'd bother to sign it now he knows AJ is off in Jan to Liverpool in what is already a 8.8 million done deal.

Sussex Eagle
10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Young Trolley
Mail reports this morning that we have offered him a 5 year 2.5 million deal that would give him parity with AJ on 10,000 a week.

Fair enough. Glad we're finally getting this sorted. A lot for a youngster by Palace standards, but he's clearly worth that and much more.

ebyeeckeagle
10-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Young Trolley

Don't see why he'd bother to sign it now he knows AJ is off in Jan to Liverpool in what is already a 8.8 million done deal.

Yeah, Aj is off to Liverpool as we know. I just hope that that rubbish player Hall follows him too. And that Routledge refuses this offer and goes to Spurs. Then we would have a proper team.

Tommy Pickle
10-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
Yeah, Aj is off to Liverpool as we know. I just hope that that rubbish player Hall follows him too. And that Routledge refuses this offer and goes to Spurs. Then we would have a proper team.

LOL.

Is AJ really off? or is this just speculation?

Tommy Pickle
10-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle

Is AJ really off? or is this just speculation?

Silly me - I'll read the thread about it. Sorry folks.