PDA

View Full Version : John Carew?

higham_eagle
16-11-2004, 10:21 AM
The 6'4'' Norwegian still wants to play in the Premiership, would he be a good signing to play alongside AJ?

- Your thoughts please

LP
16-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Attitude Problem?

davematt
16-11-2004, 10:26 AM
No chance, but would be a world class signing.

higham_eagle
16-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by LP
Attitude Problem?

What makes you say that? I must admit I don't know a great deal about him other than he's had succesful spells in Italy, Spain and now Turkey...and that he nearly signed for Fulham in 2002 (all of which I just learnt from watching Skysports!!!)

cpfc_spc1982
16-11-2004, 10:32 AM
good player.

Pezzadoner
16-11-2004, 10:37 AM
When he first signed for Valencia at about 21 he was awesome, but I think he had a couple of injuries and a bit of a falling out with them.

Great player don't think he'd like the ID way though.

LP
16-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by higham_eagle
What makes you say that? I must admit I don't know a great deal about him other than he's had succesful spells in Italy, Spain and now Turkey...and that he nearly signed for Fulham in 2002 (all of which I just learnt from watching Skysports!!!)

He seems to of fallen out with coaches at both Valencia and with the Norweigan national squad in a rather Anelkaesque way. No doubt he's a real talent, but you just worry about the premaddona aspect.

TheCharmer
16-11-2004, 10:48 AM
dream on.....

eagles #1
16-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Quality player. Brilliant on CM :p

ozeagle
16-11-2004, 10:53 AM
you guys can see just how bad this dud is tonight...watch as Aus smash by Norway..

CK
16-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LP
Attitude Problem?

More like an altitude problem:D he's fvcking huge:p

CPFC-DIEHARD
16-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by LP
Attitude Problem

forsells no1 fan
16-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Lets just sign four more strikers and carry on playing 4-5-1:rolleyes:

limited_edition
16-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
you guys can see just how bad this dud is tonight...watch as Aus smash by Norway.. Not with Popovic in defence. ;)

BTW - I heard Viduka interviewed on the radio. He makes Beckham sound like an intellectual in comparison.

B the Bad
16-11-2004, 11:02 PM
I never liked Carew as far as the "World Stage" goes, but he'd be top-notch for Palace.

ANDYEAGLE
16-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Like to think we had a chance of getting him,doubt it somehow. Still think our priorities lie in other areas but would not say no to any quality.

B the Bad
16-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Yeah, totally. But sometimes you just need to get the top-notch "quality" players in, to attract the players we need in our other areas.

richmondeagle
16-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by ozeagle
you guys can see just how bad this dud is tonight...watch as Aus smash by Norway..

lol i was there tonight they were poo:p
i'm not sure which side was worse :D

oz_da II
16-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Did Carew play tonight? Saw his name in the starting line up, watched all 90 minutes. Can anyone confirm if Carew was on the pitch tonight?

richmondeagle
17-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by oz_da II
Did Carew play tonight? Saw his name in the starting line up, watched all 90 minutes. Can anyone confirm if Carew was on the pitch tonight?

yep
to be honist it was like a training match very:S:

Kirby
17-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Great to see Australia matching the might of Norway.

Will give them real confidence ahead of a tricky tie agaisnt the Solomon Isles! :clown: :clown: :clown:

Farawayeagle
17-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Kirby
Great to see Australia matching the might of Norway.

Will give them real confidence ahead of a tricky tie agaisnt the Solomon Isles! :clown: :clown: :clown:

---------------------------------

Very droll, Kirby!!!! Must have used up all your mental capabilities, to dream up that one.

Most Australian football people would rather have to play the top teams in Asia (Japan. S. Korea etc) to qualify -- unfortunately it is stuck with the likes of the Solomons. So stop bagging them for the current FIFA regional qualification setup.

Incidently-- the might of Norway -- as you sarcastically put it -- are in second place behind Italy in their World Cup Qualifying group --- losing only one game out of 4.
A late loss to Italy away.

They have also beaten a very good Russian team 3 -2 this year.

They are 14 places above Australia in the FIFA World rankings -- having moved up 7 places in the last year.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Norway are a very good --- well organized team ---- with many players from the top leagues in Europe including the Premiership.

Carew didn't look like much tonight. Popovic and Vidmar kept him quiet.

As for it being like a training match. Of course it was Richmondeagle. Most friendlies are. But I actually quite enjoyed it --- sitting beside my pool having breakfast --- very pleasant way to start the morning (7.30 am kick off here).

These games give coaches a chance to try things with formation and give fringe players a run out.

Anyone going to a friendly hoping for blood and thunder is deceiving themselves.

Incidently Kirby -- your put down of "the might of Norway" is not dissimilar to the way the fans of other Premiership clubs dismiss Palace.

For some Premiership fans ----- we (Palace) are the Solomons.

Kirby
17-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Sorry :sob:

DennisUphill
17-11-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by limited_edition
BTW - I heard Viduka interviewed on the radio. He makes Beckham sound like an intellectual in comparison.
LMFBO:D

hugosabin
17-11-2004, 02:06 AM
Carew would be a good signing but I would think it very unlikely

Farawayeagle
17-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Not with Popovic in defence. ;)

------------------------------

English is not Viduka's first language. So he can sound like that. I'd like to hear your Croatian.

Benzhiyi
17-11-2004, 10:56 AM
No chance of him wanting to coming to Palace. And no chance we would pay his wages either.

Plus he isn't anything like a 'Dowie player'.

Kai
17-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Forget him, he won't come. He's the sort of player who would consider himself good enough for a top team, and woudn't be interested in a club like Palace