PDA

View Full Version : Black to Forest for good?

Malakite
23-11-2004, 03:19 PM
The talk of the City here is that Black will be signing permanently :eek:

davematt
23-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Malakite
The talk of the City here is that Black will be signing permanently :eek:

Bloody brilliant, especially if we manage to get some good money for him.

Batsta
23-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Good move for him.

st albans
23-11-2004, 03:26 PM
bye bye, first derry then black, who next?

NO1FAN
23-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Good to see we are looking to have a clear out IMHO, means that Dowie will be looking to bring in some quality players In January.

We are evolving :lux:

higham_eagle
23-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by st albans
bye bye, first derry then black, who next?

Shipps or Dougie?

Malakite
23-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by davematt
Bloody brilliant, especially if we manage to get some good money for him.

:eek: ;)

Malakite
Originally posted by higham_eagle
Shipps or Dougie? NOO not the mighty Dougster please! Rotund i have no problem in offloading..sorry Neil...

Malakite
Originally posted by NO1FAN
Good to see we are looking to have a clear out IMHO, means that Dowie will be looking to bring in some quality players In January.

That I agree with mate, for sure :)

Jimbo ?
23-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by NO1FAN

spot on!! sorry to se tham go but I think its for the best to move on a few reserves and sign a few first team contenders

jamienffc
23-11-2004, 05:37 PM
ive read nothing in the local press about Black, hope its all true though. Would love Tommy here.

zonin2000
23-11-2004, 05:40 PM
He's a decent Championship player, a matchwinner on his day.

Hope you can get the best out of him. He is a nice guy.

zonin2000
23-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Oh and people say there is no room for sentiment in football - but there is on these boards!

I would have loved to have seen him, Derry and Powell succeed in the Premiership, just as I am delighted to have seen Aki step up so well! :lux:

HarryTheMan
23-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Great when on form

Sussex Eagle
23-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Don't get why people assume Dougie is a possible departure - he's second choice out of 7 or 8 strikers at this very moment.

Sussex Eagle
23-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Oh - and TB is a bit of a waste of space and always has been. He'd add little to the Forest side (well, other than the 5 games every 3 or 4 years where he looks pretty good), but I'd be glad to be rid of easily the worst player in the squad.

jamienffc
23-11-2004, 05:47 PM
I thought Dougie did decentish at Anfield, has the ability to be perfect linkoff for AJ if Dowie decides to go that way. But as things stands, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Powell is a commander & would be a great addition to any team in the Championship. I think he's a quality centre back with excellent presense in the box.

zonin2000
23-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by jamienffc
I thought Dougie did decentish at Anfield.
How do you know, did you go?!? :confused: :eek:

BW_Palace
23-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Highlights? Stream?

zonin2000
23-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh my mistake, and my apologies.

For some reason I was thinking about the cup game in 2003. The game wasn't on TV, there were minimal highlights, and Dougie was only on the pitch for about 20 minutes, which is why I was surprised, thinking that jamienffc attended (would have been a strange match for a neutral to attend).

I was completely oblivious to the fact that we'd just been there in the league - how did we do?

Tomo
23-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I always thought if black put his mind to it he would be brlliant and wish him the best for the future.

chav_hater
23-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Was it Black who scored the screamer vs. Rotheram on Sky a few years ago?

daz_eagle
23-11-2004, 05:59 PM
yeh. i like tommy black, would be happy if he stayed, but can't see him featuring much. wish him a lot of luck if he goes.

zonin2000
23-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by chav_hater
Was it Black who scored the screamer vs. Rotheram on Sky a few years ago?

Yep, he went on a run of about 70 goals in 3 games.

Didn't score after that though.

SpikeyMatt
23-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Yep, he went on a run of about 70 goals in 3 games.

:eek: Black for ENGLAND

nomad
23-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Don't get why people assume Dougie is a possible departure - he's second choice out of 7 or 8 strikers at this very moment.

Totally agree with this but in reality, he shouldn't be. Even with Ventola injured, Torghelle should be partbering AJ up front instead of the guy playing on his own. Sorry, I know this is a Tommy Black thread but where is Torghelle? Is he yet another foreign player assigned to the reject bin (Ted Rogers, we all remember your programme)

cpfc4ever
23-11-2004, 07:57 PM
SHIPS will be the next

honeysuckle
23-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Tommy Black has rarely lived up to the expectation of our supporters and ultimately has failed to reach his potential at our club.True he was popular with some sections of the crowd but I couldn't see why since his final ball was often wayward and his abilty to beat players compromised by a lack of fitness. He could also be petulant and loose focus at important times and has a poor disciplinary record.

I suspect that even if we had stayed in the 1st division this season Dowie would have sold him. He just doesn' have the required work ethic. Undoubtedly he has talent but his days as a match winner look to be in the past. I'd have thought that the first division is too high a level for him and he'd be more effective in a lower divsion.

Jim Cannon
23-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
I'd have thought that the first division is too high a level for him and he'd be more effective in a lower divsion.

:rolleyes:

kettle
23-11-2004, 10:30 PM
dougie should definitely stay- his work rate has much improved under Dowie. He would definitely not go on loan as his wage is linked to where he is playing...ie. Premiership or Div 1. However I think he is justifying his wage at the minute- I'm not sure what it is exactly though- between 10-15K a week.
Tommy flatters to decieve- if we get 300K off Forest with maybe some sell on clause I would be happy. He did well in Div1 was out of his depth in the Prem. Wenger thought so and got rid of him! Derry for 250K seems cheap -anyone good at Leeds now that would be worth a look?!
Get shipps off and keep Powell.

Raoul Duke
23-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Is Black the last of the Coppell signings at the club?

AJ
24-11-2004, 02:49 AM
I always thought Black has performed better as a striker than a midfielder/winger. It was when he played up front a couple of seasons ago that he scored 7 in "x" matches.

Apart from that and the "fall" against Walsall(home) last season, he really hasn't given us much to cheer about in 4 years...

Freddy Kurz
24-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Malakite
NOO not the mighty Dougster please! Rotund i have no problem in offloading..sorry Neil...

Excuse me Malakite, but when was the last time you saw Shipperley
play? I saw him v Derby Reserves, his first game since he returned
from the injection he had for the knee problem which kept him
out of the first team this season but which he says troubled him
in 2003/4. Not only did he play the full 90 minutes, scored and
made another, but looked fitter than an any time for two seasons.
He followed that up with a good sub performance v ManUre at Old
Trafford, and last night scored our first and made the last in a 3-1
away win v Pompey Reserves.
While Torghelle is still learning self-discipline, should we be in such
a hurry to get rid of our only other big, strong target-man, who,
lest we forget, has had past experience with Chelsea, S'thampton
Barnsley & Forest in the "big time", two good seasons for the Dons
in the 1st, and whose effective partnership with AJ (not to mention
his winning goal at the Millennium Stadium v WHam) is one of the
main reasons we are now in the Premier League?
I happen to believe we should be signing another quality target
man when the transfer window re-opens, but think we should
be careful not to jettison any player unless we are sure we can
replace them with somebody demonstrably better.
It is important that we judge Shipperley not on any stereo-
typical picture of how we used to perceive him, but on what he
may now have become. Perhaps he should be brought on for
some late sub appearances in the first team before any final
decision is taken on his future?
It is, of course, clear that SJ and ID are looking to clear the
decks for some inward signings. Let us just hope this is
done judiciously!

Falco
24-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Excuse me Malakite, but when was the last time you saw Shipperley
play? I saw him v Derby Reserves, his first game since he returned
from the injection he had for the knee problem which kept him
out of the first team this season but which he says troubled him
in 2003/4. Not only did he play the full 90 minutes, scored and
made another, but looked fitter than an any time for two seasons.
He followed that up with a good sub performance v ManUre at Old
Trafford, and last night scored our first and made the last in a 3-1
away win v Pompey Reserves.
While Torghelle is still learning self-discipline, should we be in such
a hurry to get rid of our only other big, strong target-man, who,
lest we forget, has had past experience with Chelsea, S'thampton
Barnsley & Forest in the "big time", two good seasons for the Dons
in the 1st, and whose effective partnership with AJ (not to mention
his winning goal at the Millennium Stadium v WHam) is one of the
main reasons we are now in the Premier League?
I happen to believe we should be signing another quality target
man when the transfer window re-opens, but think we should
be careful not to jettison any player unless we are sure we can
replace them with somebody demonstrably better.
It is important that we judge Shipperley not on any stereo-
typical picture of how we used to perceive him, but on what he
may now have become. Perhaps he should be brought on for
some late sub appearances in the first team before any final
decision is taken on his future?
It is, of course, clear that SJ and ID are looking to clear the
decks for some inward signings. Let us just hope this is
done judiciously!

To echo this, I thought we would definitely have benefitted from having Ships on the bench on Saturday. Our system was clearly not working and our midfield overrun, and I felt we would have had a better chance of scraping a result with a big man up front.

cpfc_spc1982
24-11-2004, 10:34 AM
when he got a run in the team he wasnt bad at all , never had a look in under dowie so he will be one of the january cuts jordan wants.

Randomly Random
24-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Tommy Black has never really shown what he is capable of and I therefore think it is time for him to move on and start afresh. When he first came to the club I rated him above Gray! :eek:

I agree with the person who said TB looks better upfront than in Midfield. But this is not a position where we are lacking in cover.

If he moves on, I for one will hope he does well and matures as a footballer.

cpfcben
25-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Crystal Palace manager Iain Dowie has stated out of favour midfielder Tommy Black is not interested in going out on loan. Only a permanent deal!!!!

The former Arsenal man has already undertaken a spell with Sheffield United, but is now looking for a permanent move away from Selhurst Park.

Nottingham Forest recently failed to snare Black on loan, however Dowie is urging interested parties to table a bid for the ace.

"There is some interest in Tommy, but it has to be followed up," said Dowie.

"He's been out on loan once and he's a bit reluctant to go out on loan again.

"He would have a gripe with me for not playing him much, but he's been treated right. He hasn't asked for a move.

"There have been one or two discreet enquiries and one of them was a permanent deal. I think he would like a permanent move

Joeymaz
25-11-2004, 08:44 AM
he was definitely better than gray for the first season they were both here

Billingshurst
25-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Is Black the last of the Coppell signings at the club? I thought Alan Smith signed Black and Gray?

Webb
25-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Billingshurst
I thought Alan Smith signed Black and Gray?

I'm pretty sure Coppell both Black and Gray in July 2000, just before he was sacked/resigned.

Justy C
25-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Coppell signed them but they never played for him as Sir Steve left soon afterwards and then Smith took charge.

Billingshurst
25-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I stand corrected and am suitable humble.

Officer Dibble
25-11-2004, 01:01 PM
They turned out in the 2 friendlies that we lost, 5-1 to Crawley and 6-0 to millwall. Then that was that for Coppell.

Little Matt
25-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Is Black the last of the Coppell signings at the club?

Yes, and he's the longest serving player too (unless you count any who have graduated from the academy).

Daddy Long
25-11-2004, 01:42 PM
I think Tommy will prosper from having regular first team football and certainly has the potential to be one of those players that comes back to haunt us in the future. Won't forget his first half season at the club where he was by far and away our best player. Scored some good goals and was a constant danger down the right.

Jimbo ?
25-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I think Tommy will prosper from having regular first team football and certainly has the potential to be one of those players that comes back to haunt us in the future. Won't forget his first half season at the club where he was by far and away our best player. Scored some good goals and was a constant danger down the right.

agreed, but i think it is clear he doesnt feature in dowie's plans so we may as well cash in now, and make room for the jan signings