PDA

View Full Version : Jol at Selhurst

markd
24-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Having sat in front of Martin Jol & Chris Hughton on Sat at Newcastle game,I assumed they were there to run the rule ove young Wayne.

However having read that Chelsea are seriously intent on buying a small, fast striker with Defoe top of their list, you don't suppose they came to watch AJ as a replacement?

Not that I think he we would go to Spurs, but it might mean Chelsea sniffing after him as well ? And I hate rumours !

oz_da II
24-11-2004, 11:01 AM
No chance.

Why would AJ want to move to a smaller club?

Lion
24-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Do we really need to keep having these type of threads?

GUCCI Eagle
24-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Lion

If you can come up with a couple of other reasons for Jol and Hughton being there, then yes.

JohnA
24-11-2004, 11:19 AM
They were there to enjoy the catering

WorthingEagle
24-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
If you can come up with a couple of other reasons for Jol and Hughton being there, then yes.

we're playing them in a month's time?

markd
24-11-2004, 11:25 AM

No we don't have to, but when they COULD/ONLY MAYBE be after 2 of our greatest assets, IMO we should.

They did have another little old fella, writing everything down, so I guess he was doing his homework when we play them in December.

nottsunieagle
24-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by WorthingEagle
we're playing them in a month's time?

exactly.

dufski13
24-11-2004, 02:37 PM
And Spurs have stated an interest in Wayne, i expect Dowie is at a lot of Premiership games. i guess you'd call it doing his job. Wayne plays for us for now, & long may it continue. AJ to Chelsea, are people letting their imagination get a little carried away ? I suspect that AJ would need more than a good first 3 months in the prem before clubs like Chelsea start taking an interest. But most likely , with Spurs in the position they are in, wouldn't be very proffesional of them not to watch us before we play them would it ?

GUCCI Eagle
24-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Nor would it be professional to spend 3m on a player without having a look at him. People should be allowed to talk about what they like without being harassed by those with osterich syndrome.

With that in mind, la la la la I'm not listening to you.

RDSdaEAGLE
24-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Chelsea have bid for Robinho, who plays for Santos in Brazil. I reckon they'll get him rather than Defoe.

Radders
24-11-2004, 02:44 PM

Go to another then. By posting your helping keep the thread going. Move on to the type of thread you do like! :p

davematt
24-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Chelsea have bid for Robinho, who plays for Santos in Brazil. I reckon they'll get him rather than Defoe.

Robinho is going Madrid.

Lion
24-11-2004, 02:49 PM

We've had plenty of other Premiership managers at Palace this season - you have to remember that we are one of the "unknown" teams that has come up this year, Norwich and West Brom will also of had plenty of managers coming to see how well the team play and what tactics could be used against them.

It's preferable to see it live, rather than on TV.

Lion
24-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Nor would it be professional to spend 3m on a player without having a look at him. People should be allowed to talk about what they like without being harassed by those with osterich syndrome.

With that in mind, la la la la I'm not listening to you.

http://www.iamnotageek.com/images/smilies/jerkit.gif

magician
25-11-2004, 04:56 AM
come to see how its really done! (by newcastle !!!!)

nookiebear
25-11-2004, 09:38 AM

Hang on a second, you once started a thread about AJ going to Everton based on what a mate had told you, so that's a bit pot and kettle if you ask me

Batsta
25-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Jol might not get that much to spend. I guess It depends on whether Spuds are bottom on Christmas day.

GreatGonzo
25-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Spurs will have 3 or 4 games before ours so i doubt they were simply there to scout us. They probably combined it with taking a look at Wayne first hand!

LP
25-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Perhaps Spurs are lining up a 5million double swoop for Tommy Black and Shaun Derry..?:)

Ben H
25-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Jol's just bought a luxury home on Whitehorse Lane so just popped round to watch a quality game of footy. We're his local team now.

Crisis over.