PDA

View Full Version : Oz 1- Brazil 0

DennisUphill
09-06-2001, 05:54 PM
Those Ozzie tosspots have just rolled Brazil 1-0.
Strange game eh!
Good luck to em though.

PalaceFan in Alabama
09-06-2001, 05:56 PM
Great un mate

ZOHAR
09-06-2001, 06:01 PM
Wonder if Craig Foster got the goal? :rolleyes:

DennisUphill
09-06-2001, 06:12 PM
Murphy, header, 83rd minute, I believe.
Just for the record, a fair few players of E. European origin play for Oz.
See 'foreigners out thread'.

Jaffa
09-06-2001, 06:19 PM
Australia are definitely an emerging soccer nation, who have the money and resources to ensure that there soccer team succeeds.

Remember, they turned their countries swimming around, and I have confidence they will do it with football.

Give them and the States 15 years and we will see U.S.A vs Australia in the World Cup final final stages (i.e. quarters, semis, final)

Ian of Chatham
09-06-2001, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Give them and the States 15 years and we will see U.S.A vs Australia in the World Cup final final stages (i.e. quarters, semis, final)
I never really understand these long term predictions. Not being funny, but do you really believe that only the USA and Australia will improve in that time and the rest of the world, like Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France and Germany for example will stay still?

I don't think so.

Jaffa
09-06-2001, 07:49 PM
The thing is all of these countries already have a football infrastructure. There will be small developments, but nothing as drastic as the US and Australia really pumping millions into developing soccer as a sport.

Steve in Phoenix
09-06-2001, 08:00 PM
I think its more of a statistical point. Also their rate of improvement is much greater than Brazil or France say.

As more and more people in each country take up the sport (both historically very reluctant to play soccer) you will by virtue of population numbers get better players and more of a trend to see those players gaining experience in foreign leagues (re: France).

Im not sure if this would happen so easily with Australia since they have a relatively much smaller population to 'maintain' high sporting standards in many disciplines. Kewell and Viduka are impressive and there are more whose names I forget. I think they do pretty well to cope with their isolation.

Arguably, USA have already arrived on the world stage. They are ranked just a couple of places below England, proving that with recent wins over Germany, England, Brazil and Mexico. I feel they seem to lack the inspirational player to lead them, their success is down to graft and teamwork.

Undies
09-06-2001, 08:04 PM
I've been wondering for a while whether we are in fact seeing the decline of Brazil as THE number one footballing power of the last 30 odd years. Obviously they're behind France and Argentina currently - but I'd suggest that on their post '98 form, they're no better side than England has become under Sven, and probably worse.

Brazil are currently languishing (by their standards) at 4th place in the South American World Cup qualifiers, having been beaten by the likes of Ecuador recently and in their Confederations cup campaign they only beat Camaroon, and drew with Canda & Japan.

Love this quote from the Aussie Coach however...
Asked whether the fact Brazil were below full-strength takes away from Australia’s win, Farina replied: "I don't give a rat's arse."

interested in sydney.
10-06-2001, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Jaffa
Australia are definitely an emerging soccer nation, who have the money and resources to ensure that there soccer team succeeds.

Remember, they turned their countries swimming around, and I have confidence they will do it with football.

Jaffa it would be nice to think so .But I am afraid your knowledege of the way football is administered in this country is a little optinistic.In short they could not run a piss up in a brewery . At junior level thousands of kids all over the country play in well organised comps.My area in Sydney has more registered players of all ages and sexes than anywhere in the country. Once the kids get older they don't go on. THe representative scene is clique ridden .Only one guy Graham Arnold from this area has represented Australia ,not a good return from numbers involved.
While not wishing to play the "race card " recent events in domestic comp and basically the names of most squad members show the root problem with the game, to entrenched in the old days in Europe.

Added to the total in competence of the NSL see thread Soccer AUstralia does it again You will see that will your optimism is appreciated it is in my view a bit misplaced.

DennisUphill
10-06-2001, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by interested in sydney.

Jaffa it would be nice to think so .But I am afraid your knowledege of the way football is administered in this country is a little optinistic.In short they could not run a piss up in a brewery . At junior level thousands of kids all over the country play in well organised comps.My area in Sydney has more registered players of all ages and sexes than anywhere in the country. Once the kids get older they don't go on. THe representative scene is clique ridden .Only one guy Graham Arnold from this area has represented Australia ,not a good return from numbers involved.
While not wishing to play the "race card " recent events in domestic comp and basically the names of most squad members show the root problem with the game, to entrenched in the old days in Europe.

Added to the total in competence of the NSL see thread Soccer AUstralia does it again You will see that will your optimism is appreciated it is in my view a bit misplaced.

Got it in one

PeterH
10-06-2001, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Undies

Asked whether the fact Brazil were below full-strength takes away from Australia’s win, Farina replied: "I don't give a rat's arse."

What I love about the Aussies, is they say what they mean with no PC worries. They don't beat about the bush, well some of em do but thats another story.

Good result, no excuses.

ozieaglesimon
10-06-2001, 07:17 AM

Frank Farina is GOD:D

I have Loved Frank [platonically of course] since he took the Brisbane Strikers [May they rest in Peace :blue: ] to thier one and only NSL title! Long Live Frank!

Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie!

sydney eagle
10-06-2001, 08:15 AM
Asked whether the fact Brazil were below full-strength takes away from Australia’s win, Farina replied: "I don't give a rat's arse." True I try and wind my aussie mates up over here but Farina is 100%right you can only beat who they put out and if they underestimate you thats their bad luck.....doesn't sound bad does it 3rd place and beat brazil and world champs France.

Congrats

sideshow bob
10-06-2001, 06:41 PM
Was Craig Moore playing?
And how's Rizzo doing progressing up to the seniors?

DennisUphill
11-06-2001, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by sideshow bob
Was Craig Moore playing?
And how's Rizzo doing progressing up to the seniors?

Don't know about Rizzo, but I think Moore got sent off against the Japs
so he was probably unavailable for the Brasilian game.

philaire
11-06-2001, 05:29 AM
Rizzo is right out of the frame at present; there's too many in-form Aussies ahead of him at the moment. His time may come, but the third division in Italy is not a great launching pad for him at present.

It's a great high for Australian soccer at the moment, with the French and Brazilian scalps, but that will all count for nothing if we fail to progress to the WC finals. Incredibly, with Brazil's poor form, we mayhave to face them as fifth South American qualifier!

All of that assumes that New Zealand is a foregone conclusion. They stuffed us up in 1981 and 1989, and it appears inevitable we go into those games without Viduka and Kewell.

Vic Eagle
11-06-2001, 11:51 AM
Errr...didn't our Kiwi friends only manage to beat the Cook Islands 2-0? The same Cook Islands that Australia beat 17-0?

I don't think that NZ should be too insurmountable a hurdle...

Vic Eagle
11-06-2001, 11:54 AM
By the way, did Murphy, the guy who scored the goal, play for Sheffield United v. Palace this season? I thought he looked pretty good. But you have to say, don't you, he couldn't have had a much freer header for the goal...I'm not sure his marker was even in the same half of the pitch...

Skid Row
11-06-2001, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Vic Eagle
By the way, did Murphy, the guy who scored the goal, play for Sheffield United v. Palace this season?
I dont think he would have Vic because Murphy only recently returned from injury. I think he was out for most of the season.

And the only reason why we are improving as a footballing nation is because of all the players we have overseas now, getting better training, playing with better players, playing under more experienced coaches and playing in more competitive leagues. So when all these players are together it's bound to make the team better.

Too bad that sook Ned Zelic wont be around to enjoy it.

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Skid Row

I dont think he would have Vic because Murphy only recently returned from injury. I think he was out for most of the season.

And the only reason why we are improving as a footballing nation is because of all the players we have overseas now, getting better training, playing with better players, playing under more experienced coaches and playing in more competitive leagues. So when all these players are together it's bound to make the team better.

Too bad that sook Ned Zelic wont be around to enjoy it. Skid I agree with everything except the Zelic comment,if you remember at the time Farina was whinging in all the papers,tv, magazines ,and radio that none of the european based players were never coming back to play for their country(even though this was a mickey mouse comp V Brazil u/23's I think)Zelic came back from Germany and was benched.Why would Australias best player over the last decade be benched especially when Farina was moaning on about the european players.I'm on Zelic's side in this one.

philaire
12-06-2001, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle
Skid I agree with everything except the Zelic comment,Why would Australias best player over the last decade be benched especially when Farina was moaning on about the european players.I'm on Zelic's side in this one. Zelic has been a star for Australia over the years, no doubt. I still remember the look on the (then) young face of Frank de Boer when Ned's wonder goal that kick-started his career knocked the Dutch out of U21 Olympic qualifying. But his behaviour after that Brazil U23 game made "prima donna" an understatement. Farina was perfectly within his rights to rest Zelic especially when trialing team combinations. Zelic was also expecting (demanding?) the captaincy to be conferred on him. Since then, his behaviour has been quite pathetic, firstly stating he'd rather play for Croatia, then when Farina more than went out of his way to extend the olive branch, he knocked him back. Zelic stated he wasn't quite ready to make that step. Well Ned, we're not quite ready for you to come back either, you great sook!

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 08:36 AM
Oh yeah I forgot about the Croatia thing.I do believe he is being a bit childish now but I think the start of the arguement was Farinas fault for the reasons I stated before.Why call him all the way back from Germany for a couple of friendlies and bench him?

(Philaire was that goal against Holland,I thought it was against Canada)I'm probably wrong but I just always thought it was

I also liked his goal against the world 11 in Sydney

Skid Row
12-06-2001, 08:37 AM
Skid I agree with everything except the Zelic comment,if you remember at the time Farina was whinging in all the papers,tv, magazines ,and radio that none of the european based players were never coming back to play for their country(even though this was a mickey mouse comp V Brazil u/23's I think)Zelic came back from Germany and was benched.Why would Australias best player over the last decade be benched especially when Farina was moaning on about the european players.I'm on Zelic's side in this one.
To be truthful I dont remember that SE. I do think it was odd that you'd get someone to come out from Germany and not play them. I'm not going to stick up for either as them as I'm sure there is more to the story than meets the eye. Zelic loved playing for Oz and now there isnt a hope of him doing so, something major has gone on I reckon.

But the reason why have no time for Zelic anymore is what philaire says he said, he was spewing he decided to play for Australia and not Croatia. In my books, them there are the words of a loser.

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 08:40 AM

But the reason why have no time for Zelic anymore is what philaire says he said, he was spewing he decided to play for Australia and not Croatia. In my books, them there are the words of a loser. If that is the reason I think you are well within you're right to tell him to go and F_ck himself,as I just mentioned I did forget that

Reminds you of a certain slag named Dokic doesn't it?

Skid Row
12-06-2001, 08:43 AM
Reminds you of a certain slag named Dokic doesn't it?
In a word, yes. Is a bit different though as I'm pretty sure Zelic was born out here, Dokic the hoe didnt arrive here until her mole was atleast 12 years old.

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 08:50 AM

IDokic the hoe didnt arrive here until her mole was atleast 12 years old. I saw Mick Molloy take the piss outta her and the mole a few weeks ago on the panel...very funny indeed:D

I don't know how good Zelic would be anymore anyway?how old is he?must be at the end of his career?or is he still playing well?

Skid Row
12-06-2001, 08:57 AM
I don't know how good Zelic would be anymore anyway?how old is he?must be at the end of his career?or is he still playing well?
You dont lose your ability over night so I'd say he's still go it. He is only about 30yo if that and he is/was getting a full game constantly at 1860 Munich. He'd definetly still be in Australias best 11.

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 09:12 AM
is he only around 30?if so he would still have quite a contibution to make for the Aussies especially with his experiance,but I doubt he will ever play again for them considering his relationship with Farina and his comments concerning Croatia....shame really because he is class and I have always thought so

philaire
12-06-2001, 09:26 AM
He's just turned 30; made 27 appearances with 1860 Munich this year.

Agree that he could still contribute significantly to the Socceroos. I was hoping the Farina stoush would blow over, but he would appear to have now burnt his bridges after refusing Farina's offer to come back. Would he be tempted if Australia qualified for WC2002? (that's a big if, by the way) ... and would Farina still want him?

Undies
12-06-2001, 09:27 AM
Did anybody read those comments Zelic made about Paul Okon that were reported around the same time as the 'Croatia' comments?

They were totally bizarre? He made a point of saying that he harboured no animosity towards Okon and then embarked on a bit of a tirade about how he felt absolutely nothing either way for Okon, and that after meeting him once he decided that they did'nt 'click' as people and so there was no point at attempting any kind of relationship with Paul as they had nothing to say to each other.

There was more to the artical than that, but it was really odd little outburst. If the Australian Cricket Team had that attitude they'd hardly win a game!! I tried to find the artical on theworldgame.com.au site, but it was long gone.

Don't forget the QPR episode with Zelic as well, has anybody got any gossip on that? He certainly got his nose outta joint over that as well.

I was act the ground when he powered that drive past the Mexican Keeper at that FIFA Allstars game...great strike!!

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 09:31 AM
I was act the ground when he powered that drive past the Mexican Keeper at that FIFA Allstars game...great strike!! I was there too,and it was a great strike

and I don't think Farina would take him back...or the supporters either

ozeagle
12-06-2001, 10:29 AM
Alli can say is add Viduka, Kewell and Agostino and many sides throughout the world are going to be in a lot of trouble playing a full strength Australia. Not only did we just beat Brasil and France, we also smashed Mexico and destroyed Scotland last year. We'll do the same to Uruguay in the WC qualifier as well. 3-1 over there, 4 zip at the Olympic Stadium. Viduka to nut 4 in the 2 matches. I watched Uruguay play Colombia on the FC a month ago and they were both pathetic. Our team is miles better than 4 years ago and we now have Farina rather than that **** Venables in charge. Now, if only we could draw England in our Group, ( that is of course if you qualify - I hope ) ? Go the Socceroos !

Skid Row
12-06-2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ozeagle
We'll do the same to Uruguay in the WC qualifier as well. 3-1 over there, 4 zip at the Olympic Stadium. Viduka to nut 4 in the 2 matches.
Is it confirmed that the game will be played in Sydney or will it be at the G again? Please let it be down here.
Now, if only we could draw England in our Group, ( that is of course if you qualify - I hope ) ? Go the Socceroos !
Um, you probably shouldnt have said that, this aint cricket we're talking about. :eek:

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 10:39 AM
. We'll do the same to Uruguay in the WC qualifier as well. 3-1 over there, 4 zip at the Olympic Stadium. Viduka to nut 4 in the 2 matches.What drugs are you on???,it's good to be optimistic but c'mon

Our team is miles better than 4 years ago and we now have Farina rather than that **** Venables in charge.I love how the aussies blame venables for not making it to the last world cup,if the defence did it's job the Iranians wouldn't have scored,the defending in both goals was disgusting.Every player from that night (with the exception of Robbie Slater)blamed themselves,so why can't everyone else.Venables wasn't in the defence,was he???I know you blame him for not bringing on a nother defender but they should have been professional enough to go on with it.and what about that **** ripping the net down?

Now, if only we could draw England in our Group, ( that is of course if you qualify - I hope ) ? Go the Socceroos ! I'd love it Then we would give you a footballing lesson,you would have to play someones full side for once

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 10:54 AM

Is it confirmed that the game will be played in Sydney or will it be at the G again? Please let it be down here.

Um, you probably shouldnt have said that, this aint cricket we're talking about. :eek: Good post skid but I hope the games in Sydney:)

ozeagle
12-06-2001, 10:57 AM
It is at Stadium Australia.

And no I am not being optimistic. Everyone is too pessimistic about us qualifying. What ********. Last time we had Graham Arnold, Tobin, Horvat, that ******* Vidmar, and Ernie Tapei in the squad, and we still almost made it. As for Venables, surely when you're 2-0 up with 15 to play it's 11 Men Back. Particularly when the aforementioned represent the backline. As for England v Australia, who are you going to scare us with ? Heskey ? Cole ? Owen maybe, and perhaps the odd whippy one from Beckham, piledriver by Gerrard....let's just hope it happens !

sydney eagle
12-06-2001, 11:03 AM

And no I am not being optimistic. Everyone is too pessimistic about us qualifying. What ********. Last time we had Graham Arnold, Tobin, Horvat, that ******* Vidmar, and Ernie Tapei in the squad, and we still almost made it. As for Venables, surely when you're 2-0 up with 15 to play it's 11 Men Back. Particularly when the aforementioned represent the backline. As for England v Australia, who are you going to scare us with ? Heskey ? Cole ? Owen maybe, and perhaps the odd whippy one from Beckham, piledriver by Gerrard....let's just hope it happens ! Don't get me wrong I think you will qualify this time around but win 7-1 on agg against the south americans,I doubt very much

Who will worry the english in the aussie team with the exception of Kewell and Viduka?

I edited my last post about the disaster at the MCG so feel free to reply

Ian of Chatham
12-06-2001, 11:44 AM
Alli can say is add Viduka, Kewell and Agostino and many sides throughout the world are going to be in a lot of trouble playing a full strength Australia. Not only did we just beat Brasil and France, we also smashed Mexico and destroyed Scotland last year. We'll do the same to Uruguay in the WC qualifier as well. 3-1 over there, 4 zip at the Olympic Stadium. Viduka to nut 4 in the 2 matches. I watched Uruguay play Colombia on the FC a month ago and they were both pathetic. Our team is miles better than 4 years ago and we now have Farina rather than that **** Venables in charge. Now, if only we could draw England in our Group, ( that is of course if you qualify - I hope ) ? Go the Socceroos !

and

And no I am not being optimistic. Everyone is too pessimistic about us qualifying. What ********. Last time we had Graham Arnold, Tobin, Horvat, that ******* Vidmar, and Ernie Tapei in the squad, and we still almost made it. As for Venables, surely when you're 2-0 up with 15 to play it's 11 Men Back. Particularly when the aforementioned represent the backline. As for England v Australia, who are you going to scare us with ? Heskey ? Cole ? Owen maybe, and perhaps the odd whippy one from Beckham, piledriver by Gerrard....let's just hope it happens !
Ozeagle, do you honestly believe all of that? Do you really believe that the rest of the world is going to stand still and watch your Aussies improve and be scared of them? I don't think so. Uruguay and Columbia could beat you, don't forget that.

philaire
13-06-2001, 06:44 AM
It's possibly appropriate at this point that I add my conservative pessimistic outlook.

The fifth placed South American qualifier will be coming off the back of what is arguably the world's most gruelling and challenging qualifying tournament. We're not talking about an also-ran footballing nation; it'll be harder than Iran 1997. And the stakes will be immeasurably higher than Confederations Cup.

The Australian team that hopefully will face them may well contain stars such as Viduka and Kewell. Even then, O'Leary may invent an injury for Kewell. But in any case, how much much match practice will Australia have had with that combination before these crunch games? Next to none. Compare that with a South American team having played 18 crunch qualifiers.

The comments critical of the 1997 Australians hint at lack of depth. I think we're better off this time, but not immeasurably so. Okon is in good form at present, but he has been habitually injury prone, and who would fill his shoes? I like the look of Skoko every time I see him, but below Craig Moore, Kewell and Viduka, we are into the div.1 stalwarts such as Muscat, Tiatto, Lazaridis and Murphy. Even Brett Emerton is largely untested at full international level. They have all performed very creditably in recent times, but at the "highest" level it'll be harder to judge.

As pessimistic as it sounds, an "unlucky" 1-1 draw at home (opposition time wasting, conning the ref, Australia not converting its chances) and a 1-0 away loss (the cauldron-like atmosphere of home fans baying for blood etc) is not an implausible scenario.

sydney eagle
13-06-2001, 06:58 AM
don't worry philaire,you will qualify(i think)you just won't win 7-1 on agg

bunghole
13-06-2001, 07:37 AM
Sadly I'm with Philaire on this one. I can see problems with players being released, injuries and the usual dose of unforseen bad luck.

Unfortunately the public will have unrealistic expectations based on the results in the Confederations Cup (I admire your loyalty but 7-1 on aggregate just won't happen Oz), so the boys will really be up against it.

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong but as with Palace, I've had my hopes dashed so many times (remember 1982 when we only had to beat NZ to qualify), that I can't see us getting through until 2006 when the winner of the Oceania group gain direct qualification.

Have to admit that it would be rather amusing to see us qualify and England miss out but that wont happen. No it couldn't happen.

ozeagle
13-06-2001, 08:49 AM

yes, sydney eagle, that peter hoare should have been put down with mc veigh over there in terre haut. mcg, tennis, tommy smith's funeral, michael hutchence's funeral, melbourne cup - this bloke must go !

bunghole
13-06-2001, 09:04 AM

yes, sydney eagle, that peter hoare should have been put down with mc veigh over there in terre haut. mcg, tennis, tommy smith's funeral, michael hutchence's funeral, melbourne cup - this bloke must go !

Not to mention Big Brother.

The Weed
13-06-2001, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by DennisUphill
Those Ozzie tosspots have just rolled Brazil 1-0.
Strange game eh!
Good luck to em though.

ozzie toss pots dennis,lmb,you forgot to put the **** before the uphill in your name.lets not forget the **** in your brain and the **** coming out of your mouth.

The Weed
13-06-2001, 09:42 AM
Did anybody read those comments Zelic made about Paul Okon that were reported around the same time as the 'Croatia' comments?

They were totally bizarre? He made a point of saying that he harboured no animosity towards Okon and then embarked on a bit of a tirade about how he felt absolutely nothing either way for Okon, and that after meeting him once he decided that they did'nt 'click' as people and so there was no point at attempting any kind of relationship with Paul as they had nothing to say to each other.

There was more to the artical than that, but it was really odd little outburst. If the Australian Cricket Team had that attitude they'd hardly win a game!! I tried to find the artical on theworldgame.com.au site, but it was long gone.

Don't forget the QPR episode with Zelic as well, has anybody got any gossip on that? He certainly got his nose outta joint over that as well.

I was act the ground when he powered that drive past the Mexican Keeper at that FIFA Allstars game...great strike!!

yes, a bit bizarre indeed, but you must remember the oz cricketers are men amongst men and most, if not all soccer players are over paid sooks that fall over at the hint of contact and then roll around as if the leg is broken only to get up play on 2 minutes later. hard to see "iron balls" steve waugh putting up with that sort of carry on in the oz cricket team.

Skid Row
13-06-2001, 09:53 AM
Oh gee, I dont know him :eek:

sydney eagle
13-06-2001, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by bunghole

Not to mention Big Brother. was that him who skydived in there(or tried too)?

DennisUphill
13-06-2001, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by The Weed

ozzie toss pots dennis,lmb,you forgot to put the **** before the uphill in your name.lets not forget the **** in your brain and the **** coming out of your mouth.

I can take it that's a bollokin' a me boy.

philaire
14-06-2001, 04:08 AM
ozzie toss pots dennis,lmb,you forgot to put the **** before the uphill in your name.lets not forget the **** in your brain and the **** coming out of your mouth. The Weed, making Burr look like a choirboy ...

bunghole
14-06-2001, 05:06 AM
was that him who skydived in there(or tried too)?

Don't think it was him that tried to sky dive into the house but then again you never know with that tosser. He actually charged up on stage the night that Todd was evicted.

Men At Work
14-06-2001, 01:43 PM

Looks like the we've found the Oz version of the back row boys :eek:

SE20
15-06-2001, 04:11 AM

Oh dear, how uncouth.

Well done to Australia for beating Brazil and France. You can't do any more than beat the team that's put out in front of you. But let's not get carried away; this is a nothing tournament and therefore the results count for nothing, like friendlies. The World Cup is the measure of a good football side and until you do something in that (qualify?) you will always be also-rans. No offence.

philaire
15-06-2001, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by SE20
Well done to Australia for beating Brazil and France. You can't do any more than beat the team that's put out in front of you. But let's not get carried away; this is a nothing tournament and therefore the results count for nothing, like friendlies. The World Cup is the measure of a good football side and until you do something in that (qualify?) you will always be also-rans. No offence. You're absolutely spot on SE20, and no offence taken. The tragic thing is that the WC matches are the only "real" games we ever get to play. That won't ever be solved until Asia lets us into their zone - and the politics won't allow that to happen.

sydney eagle
15-06-2001, 05:25 AM
don't Australia play NZ this weekend at Homebush?

philaire
15-06-2001, 08:25 AM
don't Australia play NZ this weekend at Homebush? Wednesday 20th over there, Sunday 24th in Sydney.

sydney eagle
15-06-2001, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by philaire
Wednesday 20th over there, Sunday 24th in Sydney. Cheers:D

SE20
15-06-2001, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by philaire
Wednesday 20th over there, Sunday 24th in Sydney.

I never knew there was that much of a time difference between Oz and NZ! Or are they just a bit behind generally?;)