PDA

View Full Version : Lazio

BringBackSasa
25-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Bob Dowie is currently scouting in Lazio.

Anyone know who we're looking at?

BW_Palace
25-11-2004, 06:15 PM
No idea. Where did you find that out?

Super Mabbutt
25-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Lombardo ?

DaveTuttles
25-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Staam

lordanton
25-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by DaveTuttles
Staam

Doesn't he play for AC Milan though?!

Iain Dowie
25-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Maradona ;)

c_block_lad
25-11-2004, 07:11 PM
One of those crazy football rumour sites had AJ as going to Lazio because Di Canio told the club about him.

Bob Dowie finishing the deal?!

;)

KungFuCharlie
26-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Bepe Signiori

chelmsfordeagle
26-11-2004, 02:37 AM
I think sigings from either Rome club are possible both clubs are in big trouble financially and lazio are mid table this year and roma are one place of relagation.

The Omen
26-11-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by chelmsfordeagle
I think sigings from either Rome club are possible both clubs are in big trouble financially and lazio are mid table this year and roma are one place of relagation.

Don't know if you have noticed, but our financial status isn't exactly that great and were not far off relegation either...

Lets not get above ourselves!

Jay_Palace
26-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by The Omen
Don't know if you have noticed, but our financial status isn't exactly that great and were not far off relegation either...

What's wrong with our financial state?

At least we aren't bankrupt like those two clubs!

chelmsfordeagle
26-11-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by The Omen

true, but lazio and rome make leeds seem like Chelsea. They are in big debt

the point I was trying to make was that both will have fringe players that they will be happy to offload. I wasn't thinking about cassano or totti.

Webb
26-11-2004, 10:09 AM
If anyone comes in from Lazio or Roma or any other financially troubled SeriaA club then it'll be someone in the mould of Sorondo, ie the majority of us haven't heard of them before. I suspect some of Lazio and Roma fringe players will be very good.

BW_Palace
26-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I can see Roma in trouble. They're in huge financial problems and really struggling.

Dellas? ;)

paf
26-11-2004, 10:45 AM
slghtly confused "scouting in Lazio", do you mean "at Lazio", or Rome in general, where this story from?

GreatGonzo
26-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Claudio Lopez has yet to play this season!

Other than that Zauri is the only other player even half interesting, looking at their squad i think it would struggle in the Premiership!

At Roma - Chivu has only made 1 appearance from the bench, and Lassissi has looked good in previous seasons but not made the pitch this year, nor has Tomassi in midfield. With Cassano and Montella up front it leaves possible exits for both Mido and Delvecchio.

paf
26-11-2004, 12:22 PM
my Lazio pals say the following fringe players would be unsuprising departures.

Miguel Angel Mea Vitali (central/right midifled), Anthony Seric (left back), Esteban Nicolas Gonzalez (central midfield), Bryan Robert (attacking right midfield)

jazman
26-11-2004, 12:27 PM
After their performance against Boro in the UEFA Cup I wouldn't want any of them, they were very poor.

paf
26-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Peruzzi is about to be offered a transfer. Now that would be a good signing in the keeper department.

Palace Biff
26-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by paf
Bryan Robert (attacking right midfield)

Is that the worst name for a footballer or what?

Unless he's french of course

RDSdaEAGLE
26-11-2004, 12:35 PM
What about Simone Inzaghi?

paf
26-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE

wages, though LAzio have been trying to flog him, he's trying to sit it out until his contracts up in 2005 I think.

Jimbio
26-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Great, one of the workshy diving Inzaghi brothers.

I don't think so

Steve in Phoenix
26-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Brian Robert? Is he that Irish lad who was a wannabe trainee at Middlesborough or Newcastle, didnt get offered a contract but a big Italian team came in and signed him instead?

paf
26-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Robert is Argentine, would be suprised to see any Italians make the move, usually the South Americans they punt on.

Beanie
26-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Why would BD be scouting a Lazio (or any other) game for players who are not in the team? Would seem little point unless he is scouting Lazio rezzies - but didn't I hear there are no reserve leagues in Italy?

CPFC-DIEHARD
26-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Lopez and Chivu would be two great signings if we can get them.

Jimbio
26-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Maybe its just a general look at continental footie in preparation for our assault on the Champions League next season

Richwak
27-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by CPFC-DIEHARD
Lopez and Chivu would be two great signings if we can get them.
Neither of which are at Lazio, Chivu is Roma and one of their best players, would not come. And lopez is sumwhere in S.America

MikeyDread
27-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE

Yep lets have him as well as Delgado and Albertini ;)

Richwak
27-11-2004, 12:23 PM
could be Luciano Zauri, i think his contrtract expires at the end of the season, he is quailty, defender who can play play left right or centre, he is better as a wing back tho

BringBackSasa
27-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by paf
slghtly confused "scouting in Lazio", do you mean "at Lazio", or Rome in general, where this story from?

Are you trying to tell me that there isn't a town called Lazio? :eek:

Wasn't sure whether to blame it on my poor grammar or on my poor geography. I think the latter is the lesser sin here.

He went to watch Lazio play, no idea at what level, or if there's any serious interest in a particular player, but it is genuine.

And I know Timbuktu is a real place, so don't even try it.

Kevan Woz Awful
27-11-2004, 01:43 PM
As long as it's not another 2 game wonder who gets injured and is then out for 6-8 weeks..........

paf
27-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BringBackSasa
Are you trying to tell me that there isn't a town called Lazio? :eek:

Wasn't sure whether to blame it on my poor grammar or on my poor geography. I think the latter is the lesser sin here.

He went to watch Lazio play, no idea at what level, or if there's any serious interest in a particular player, but it is genuine.

And I know Timbuktu is a real place, so don't even try it.

Lazio is a region. Rome is the city where Lazio play. You dont go scouting in Everton, you'd be at Everton or in Liverpool, that's what confused me if that helps as an analogy.

chelmsfordeagle
29-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Beanie
Why would BD be scouting a Lazio (or any other) game for players who are not in the team? Would seem little point unless he is scouting Lazio rezzies - but didn't I hear there are no reserve leagues in Italy?

Italian clubs tend to hold open training sessions for the media to attend, maybe he went to one of these, though more liking is he was on the net and saw a couple of cheap Ryan air flights thought the wife has always wanted to go to Rome, I think I'll score a few brownie points and save them for when i want to on a Christmas p*ss up with my mates.

BW_Palace
29-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Richwak
Neither of which are at Lazio, Chivu is Roma and one of their best players, would not come. And lopez is sumwhere in S.America

Lopez is only on loan in South America I think.

GreatGonzo
29-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Indeed Lopez is on loan, if he has a recall clause we can buy him, or look at him for the end of the season. If his option is South America or Palace then the wages may not be too bad either.

However he would not be scouting him in Rome so it is unlikely. Most likely could be Zauri who had a very good reputation but seems to have lost his way! Definately good that we seem to be scouring Europe for talent though!

brighton_eagle
29-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Jimbio
Maybe its just a general look at continental footie in preparation for our assault on the Champions League next season

I think that's the most likely answer!! ;)

Gerry from Sussex
03-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
At Roma - Chivu has only made 1 appearance from the bench, and Lassissi has looked good in previous seasons but not made the pitch this year, nor has Tomassi in midfield. With Cassano and Montella up front it leaves possible exits for both Mido and Delvecchio.

I like Delvecchio - he's got attitude and much more skill than he looks like he should. Exactly the sort of player Gareth Taylor wanted to be but never could!

aadams
03-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Could it be Simone Inzaghi?

daz_eagle
03-12-2004, 08:22 PM
delvechio's wife is unbelievably good looking.

zonin2000
03-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Indeed Lopez is on loan, if he has a recall clause we can buy him, or look at him for the end of the season. If his option is South America or Palace then the wages may not be too bad either.

Where is Lopez on loan? Is this country in South America? No.

And the clubs he is at is certainly seen to be more prestigious than Crystal Palace, and can certainly afford higher wages.