PDA

View Full Version : Granville Replacement

Richwak
29-11-2004, 10:50 AM
In my opinion i think that Danny Granville is by far our weakest link, many pundits thought he would be our star player, as he is one of the few with Premiership experience. He has looked weak in his position and is hardly ever picking up his man, i noticed this most against Man City (Wright-Philips) and Newcastle (Dyer). I would like to see a replacement for him in Janurary as i consider this to be essential to our survival. People who i had in mind, Zauri (Lazio), Razvan Rat (Shakhtar), Coco (Inter. To be honest I think that Coco would be the best bet, he has been at Barcelona and AC Milan before Inter, he is still only 26, he will know Sorondo and Ventola and now Coco cant even get near the bench due to Pasquale and Favalli. Anyway, what does everybody else rekon about this?

Shipp Ahoy!
29-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Just after I posted a similar thread linking in to the rest of our defence :)

davematt
29-11-2004, 10:54 AM
A left back is a priority, but Granville can't be blamed for all these goals down the left. Jonnas is not the best at tracking back and getting into good defensive positions, i.e Liverpool away 2nd goal.

Steve in Phoenix
29-11-2004, 11:12 AM
many pundits thought he would be our star player? certainly not BBS ones!

Statistically Danny is playing very well.. more completed passes than anyone at a good percentage, while providing some attacking ability. I dont think he has looked weak or is "by far" the weakest link.

Asterisk
29-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Most left backs in the Prem are struggling to pick up Wright-Phillips. I don't think Granville is a weak link at all.

Batsta
29-11-2004, 11:23 AM
DannyG Is doing a ok job. I'm sure he will be apricated more If he gets Injured.

Sussex Eagle
29-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Leighton Baines & Nicky Shorey are decent left backs from the Championship - may not be easy to pry away from their respective clubs though. Danny hasn't generally been bad, but at the least needs some genuine competition.

Shoreditch CPFC
29-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Batsta
I'm sure he will be apricated more If he gets Injured.

harsh, but fair :o

Jasper
29-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Asterisk
Most left backs in the Prem are struggling to pick up Wright-Phillips. I don't think Granville is a weak link at all.

good point, Roberto Carlos would struggle against Wright-Phillips in this form. Granville has been inconsistent in my opinion. some games looking solid, others looking poor.

PhilD
29-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I wish Granville wouldn't back off players all the bloody time. There is a stark contrast between the way he backs off players and lets them cut into the box and the way Boyce forces players outside towards the line. Danny should take a leaf out of Emmerson's book, he has rarely been caught out this season despite playing against some excellent wingers.

The Vicar
29-11-2004, 02:04 PM
While Danny has improved significantly since the Francis and Kember eras, from what I've seen and from where a high % of the opposition's goals are coming, he is indeed probably the weakest link in our current squad.

If I were managing a team opposing Palace, I'd want a fast, skillful player out on the right, instruct the rest of the team to try to find that player as much as possible, and tell him to take on Danny as much as possible.

Let's hope Danny's improvement continues...right now, we need him to be playing well.

Tommy Pickle
29-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by PhilD
I wish Granville wouldn't back off players all the bloody time. There is a stark contrast between the way he backs off players and lets them cut into the box and the way Boyce forces players outside towards the line. Danny should take a leaf out of Emmerson's book, he has rarely been caught out this season despite playing against some excellent wingers.

Danny is too slow to play the Boyce plays. Boyce likes to get close to his man and shut him down in a similar way to Ashley Cole. If he gets beat he has the legs to make up the ground. Danny needs to be a bit more careful, and probably explains why he often has to back off his man.

cpfc_spc1982
29-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Asterisk

he doesnt have to give wingers so much space though.

GreatGonzo
29-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Richwak
People who i had in mind, Zauri (Lazio), Razvan Rat (Shakhtar), Coco (Inter. To be honest I think that Coco would be the best bet, he has been at Barcelona and AC Milan before Inter, he is still only 26, he will know Sorondo and Ventola and now Coco cant even get near the bench due to Pasquale and Favalli. Anyway, what does everybody else rekon about this?

Coco would be quality, but do not know much about Razvan Rat.

That brings us to Zauri who plays for erm Lazio, look in the forum and the rumours are Bob Dowie has been scouting someone at erm let me see, which club was it? Lazio!

Would be an astutesigning and not too expensive given the situation they find themselves in.

David of Kent
29-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I suspect if DG tried to play tighter to his opponent he would be exposed far more often.

He's simply trying to play to his strengths instead of his opponents.

Batsta
29-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent
I suspect if DG tried to play tighter to his opponent he would be exposed far more often.

I agree DoK. I was sitting very close to DG In the second half at St.Marys. He didn't comit himself once. Just stood off. Pro's & cons I guess.

Planet Palace
29-11-2004, 03:32 PM
I am sure that we will get ourselves a new left back in January. We need a good marker,who to pick up our 'out balls' quicker than Danny.

This will help out our midfield in the last 15 mins of the game. We come under a lot of pressure at this stage of the game due to not having someone who can find space on the left. Having said that, I am also sure that 70% of all premership teams will also be looking to firm up their defence in the full back area's so it is not going to be easy.

So we will need to ship in someone from Europe. Let's hope he is above 6 ft. This position is Key, If we get this one right I am sure we will stay up.

Igor Iconic
29-11-2004, 03:39 PM
As mentioned above greater competition for left-back seems to be a priority, as we would appreciate DG more if he got injured and we were left with only Gary Borrowdale to fill his boots. Not that GB isn't capable of making the step up just on his own that is insufficient depth of squad.

Someone also mentioned Nicky Sorey as a potentially good buy and from what I have seen and heard about him he seems to fit the bill. Relatively young, quick, and he hits a belter of a free-kick. Check him out ID.

Zimmer
29-11-2004, 03:46 PM
i agree danny g is one of our weak links but i cant think off the top of my head who would be a suitable replacement. im not sure if there are many very good left backs around

honeysuckle
29-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Danny G has struggled at times in the left back postition BUT to my mind he is still doing enough to stay in the side. Unfortunately the squad doesn't appear to have anyone else who can play left back who has the same experience and ability.

A natural left back (which Danny isn't) is certainly needed but it looks as if we might be buying another right back from Stoke City - John Halls.

KungFuCharlie
29-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Another right back? What to add to Boyce, Butts and Leigertwood. Madness

cpfc4ever
29-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Defo need another left back, he is the weak link, but who.......?

CHE
29-11-2004, 04:53 PM
I can think of a replacement, but it wouldn't be too, ahem, popular. DG is a good footballer but he is always going to struggle at the highest level because of his lack of pace. It's a shame, really.

The replacement? Taricco.

Brett
29-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Hello? Let's not forget that just because we managed to nick a few injury prone or unproven or mentally inept foreigners we're still Crystal Palace and talk of some of the above is crack-smoking-speak.

maestro
29-11-2004, 05:33 PM
His defending sometimes is terrible. On saturday all fernandes did was cut back on his left foot, he hasnt got a right foot so why didnt he show him down the line! but Granville just let him cut back inside and deliver crosses for phillips to score, complete rubbish

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Ian Harte, get him back over from Spain.

dj3071
29-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Ian Harte, get him back over from Spain.?????

Just saw him playing for Leeds surely a good target, good first touch reasonable in the air, quick enough (no not quite Wright-Phillips) and can take a bloody good direct free-kick something we haven't had since?

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by dj3071
Ian Harte, get him back over from Spain.?????

Just saw him playing for Leeds surely a good target, good first touch reasonable in the air, quick enough (no not quite Wright-Phillips) and can take a bloody good direct free-kick something we haven't had since?

What game were you watching?! :D he doesnt play for Leeds anymore, hasn't done all season!

kolinkins
29-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
What game were you watching?! :D he doesnt play for Leeds anymore, hasn't done all season!

I think he meant just, as in "only".

Cleon
30-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Ian Harte is a worse footballer than Danny Granville.

KungFuCharlie
30-11-2004, 01:35 PM
All my friends who support Leeds say that Harte was absolutley pap for them.

David of Kent
30-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Harte is a good passer and set piece man but he is no defender.

st albans
30-11-2004, 02:09 PM
i'd stick with him for the time being. good squad player, there's only need to bring someone else in if they are better than him, and the players i've heard us be linked with aren't (Clement for example). i think he's coped quite well really, and has only struggled for pace when up against quick players (Wright-Phillips, Dyer, etc..), but then most other left backs will go through the same

Sussex Eagle
30-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Harte? Would be no improvement at all. Probably worse. The bloke who said Rasvan Rat - I suppose it's not an impossibility, but there must be far bigger clubs than us sniffing around him by now - and Shakhtar don't sell cheap.

Reps AJ
30-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by KungFuCharlie
All my friends who support Leeds say that Harte was absolutley pap for them.

Absolutely. Don't let a couple of goals from free kicks fool you, most Leeds fans (and I work in Leeds) thought he was crap

Dobbo
30-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
A natural left back (which Danny isn't) is certainly needed
So can you explain exactly what Danny has spent the last seven years being ?

The Vicar
30-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Isn't Mullins a left back? Let's get him from West Ham. :D

Windom Earle
01-12-2004, 11:04 AM
I disagree. Granville deserves his place.

igl
01-12-2004, 01:01 PM
The left back from Plymouth who plays for Northern Ireland... can't remember his name though woul dbe a very useful addition!

GSG cpfc
01-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Was reading the other week, that Granville has the 7th worst passing percentage in the Prem. 159 missed placed passes. Top was Hermann Heridarsson, see he has improved since leaving us.
Defo need a new left back. The one from Plymouth is Tony Capaldi.
I was thinking maybe Baines from Wigan very good player still only 20.

Funk Butter
01-12-2004, 10:16 PM
While we're not talking about Americans, what about Jonathan Spector. He wouldn't be an immediate replacement, but one for the future. He played well at the beginning of the season when ManUre were battling injuries across the back line. He also looks to be capable of coming forward at times and should keep getting better as he's only 18.

BTW, saw Harte play this weekend for Levante, he was total crap. Couldn't even pass the ball worth a damn.

Stavros 69
01-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Harte is the wrong move, we need an attacking leftback. Hs is past his best years and once their overseas they're never quite the same again.

etu
01-12-2004, 10:46 PM
I doubt you're going to have any love getting Spector away Trafford except on a loan - Fergie's not going to let him go until its been proven he can't use him except for the silliest of silly money.

BW_Palace
02-12-2004, 08:28 AM
Yea, Fergie rates Spector highly - who himself probably wouldn't fancy a move from Man U to Palace.

Tommy Pickle
02-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Agree BW, we have no chance of signing Spector, Harte aint the answer either.

OneSize
02-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Matthew Taylor

David of Kent
02-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Good player currently lacking in confidence. Must be said he is not good as a left back in a back four. Is a good left wing back/ left midfielder though.

I would have thought with the link from Mike Kelly, the fact that he's yet to agree a new contract that's up in the summer and that he is versatile in that he can play as a defensive central midfielder too (a position we're short in particularly if Derry goes) that Neil Clement is quite likely still.....don't really know if that is good or bad.

Chantelle
02-12-2004, 01:18 PM
In my opinion i think that Danny Granville is by far our weakest link, many pundits thought he would be our star player, as he is one of the few with Premiership experience. He has looked weak in his position and is hardly ever picking up his man, i noticed this most against Man City (Wright-Philips) and Newcastle (Dyer). I would like to see a replacement for him in Janurary as i consider this to be essential to our survival. People who i had in mind, Zauri (Lazio), Razvan Rat (Shakhtar), Coco (Inter. To be honest I think that Coco would be the best bet, he has been at Barcelona and AC Milan before Inter, he is still only 26, he will know Sorondo and Ventola and now Coco cant even get near the bench due to Pasquale and Favalli. Anyway, what does everybody else rekon about this?

how many premiership left backs are able to cope with dyer and wright-phillips?

we dont need a foreign left back who might have attractive stats on championship manager

MasterYoda
02-12-2004, 01:27 PM
anyone know anything much about the Hungarian chap who scored that blinder against Scotland?

David of Kent
02-12-2004, 01:38 PM
More of a left wing back again but I think you mean Szabolcs Huszti who does/used to? play for Ferencvaros.

GreatGonzo
02-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Still plays forthem and is interesting WBA as well.

think he would be a good signing going forward but as they played Millwall and Scotland thetimes i have seen him i have no idea how well he can defend!

Kevan Woz Awful
02-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Julian Gray

BW_Palace
02-12-2004, 03:21 PM
I think we were in for Huszti during the summer weren't we?

Stavros 69
02-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Julian Gray
:rolleyes:

B the Bad
02-12-2004, 06:46 PM

lol, VERY ambitious with your "replacements" there. :) I like it.

I think Borrowdale should be given a spin.

Stavros 69
02-12-2004, 08:52 PM
I would rather have someone young and hungry for the position then an old man just trying to cut it.

niece1
03-12-2004, 05:58 PM

niece1
03-12-2004, 05:58 PM

Gerry from Sussex
03-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Noco Coco. Lombardo aside, italian signings have just not worked for Palace.

daz_eagle
03-12-2004, 07:22 PM
gary borrowdale is a good left-back. in 6 months to a year i expect him to be 1st choice. until then, i'm not overly concerned about danny g playing there. i really didn't rate him in his first year at palace, but since dowie has been in charge, he's been pretty solid. he's not perfect, but this thread is a little bit of an insult to his efforts i think.

Gerry from Sussex
03-12-2004, 07:54 PM
I don't think the critcisms are unfair. He is an alright player but we need a bit more than that. Both he and Pops are prone to making a few but sometimes critical errors. This is especially true in the latter stages of games, exactly the time when you look to your more experienced defenders to close the game out. I just think that's something we can't afford if we want to pull away to mid table and stay there.

cpfc_spc1982
05-12-2004, 06:07 PM
bit of a priority.

Strathclyde Eagle
05-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Gerry from Sussex two days ago
I don't think the critcisms are unfair. He is an alright player but we need a bit more than that. Both he and Pops are prone to making a few but sometimes critical errors. This is especially true in the latter stages of games, exactly the time when you look to your more experienced defenders to close the game out. I just think that's something we can't afford if we want to pull away to mid table and stay there.
Eerily accurate.

KungFuCharlie
05-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Anyone please, and soon.

I still think that Leigertwood would be less of a liability there...

pedro
05-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by KungFuCharlie
I still think that Leigertwood would be less of a liability there...
Surely we should be looking for a quality full back rather than one who is 'less of a liability'.

KungFuCharlie
05-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Of course, I just mean until January

BLUE BOY
05-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Surely Borrowdale could'nt do any worse.

Stavros 69
05-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BLUE BOY
Surely Borrowdale could'nt do any worse.

i think he's being lined up for next year, watch him start getting games towards the end of the season or bring some experiance in and send him out on loan. He is just useless sitting around playing reserve games

The Vicar
05-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Granville needs to take a seat. Leigertwood would do better, even though he's not left footed.

WorthingEagle
05-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Surely we should be looking for a quality full back rather than one who is 'less of a liability'.

Mickey Mouse would be 'less of a liability'. And he's right-footed.

kolinkins
05-12-2004, 10:57 PM
May as well be an empty space the way he is playing now. Anyone who can run, and keep track of where the player he is supposed to be marking will be better.

Martin H
05-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
May as well be an empty space the way he is playing now. Anyone who can run, and keep track of where the player he is supposed to be marking will be better.

Taking a risk here but . . . . up until the goal he had defended averagely. His mistake for the goal was appalling.

His distribution was poor but so was that of every other player from what I could see.

I don't think he is our best player but I do think he is the easy target these days. But if he is so poor, where does that place Poppy then. From what I can see he misjudges headers, takes risks with fouls to compensate for lack of pace and his distribution is woeful.

I would prefer that we had a rock solid left back but to be honest who is there?

Cleon
06-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Right. I stand corrected. We cannot wait. A new left back is required. I'd like to see an analysis of from where on the pitch we tend to concede goals - I believe that the majority of goal scoring opportunities for our opponents come from their right wing - i.e. the position supposedly covered by our left back.

Yes, Granville does some things well, but he was outwitted on a number of occasions yesterday against a genuinely dire attacking force. If Borrowdale is not upto the required standard - and I can only leave that decision with Iain Dowie - then we need to get another left back in as a priority, and send Granville (and his Premiership wages) packing at the end of the season.

Rock
06-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Bang on Cleon.

Looking at the last few games the number of goals from our left (their right) side is ridiculous. Arsenal, Liverpool's second (though you could also blame Kolkka for that as well), Newcastle's first, Southampton's first and Charlton's yesterday. That's one per game for the last 5 games. Looking at that we could be a fair few more points better off.

Time to get rid? I think so. I don't think that Borrowdale would be much worse at the moment.

The only other problem is that of Popovic, I know that we have Sorondo out but I think that Popovic doesn't help over the left side. He's also given away a couple of goals recently. The penalty at Liverpool and the misjudging of a header for Southampton's first are two that spring to mind. :sob:

I know that we can't sign players at the moment and are probably waiting for January but looking at Palace at the moment we will need strengtening in a number of areas. I also think that we need some more midfielders. Playing Aki and Watson with niggles isn't good.

I've gone slightly off topic there but need to vent a bit after the performance yesterday.:grrr:

Ron Dogers
06-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Strange thing is the amount of times he transfers the ball to his right when a quick left footed pass or cross is on??

I always thought he was ok but yesterdays blooper was almost criminal. If he doesn't realise with his experience that at the very least he should have stood his ground and conceded a foul, then he probably will never know.

Also thought the Poppo comments had a ring of truth about then too.

We need a plan B when other sides have come to terms with the 5 across midfield as well.

sam bater
06-12-2004, 12:13 PM
IMHO I think we should go for someone like Celestine Babayaro from Chelsea, he is currently behind Wayne Bridge and William Gallas in the pecking order and he would provide us with the good experienced premiership defender we require. His wages would be a factor but Chelsea may let him go on a free.

Pokerface
06-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Couldn't help but notice what I thought was a look of admiration from Paul Konchesky aimed towards Iain Dowie at the end of the game last night. I'm hopeful.

Feel a bit sorry for Danny. I thought he did okay against Charlton until the last minute foolishness.

The Vicar
06-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Right. I stand corrected. We cannot wait. A new left back is required. I'd like to see an analysis of from where on the pitch we tend to concede goals - I believe that the majority of goal scoring opportunities for our opponents come from their right wing - i.e. the position supposedly covered by our left back.

I believe this to be true based on what I've seen this season. As I said before the match, if I were the opponent's manager I would instruct my players to try to get the ball as often as possible to the right midfielder and right winger and then tell them to take on Granville.

JFBeagle
06-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Does anyone seriously believe that if we get a new left back we will not concede any more goals? Danny has been pretty solid - but like every other defender in the country, he lets the odd one through.

I breathe a sigh of relief as soon as I see his name on the team sheet. Keep up the good work Danny:p

David of Kent
06-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Ron Dogers
I always thought he was ok but yesterdays blooper was almost criminal. If he doesn't realise with his experience that at the very least he should have stood his ground and conceded a foul, then he probably will never know.

Also thought the Poppo comments had a ring of truth about then too.

We need a plan B when other sides have come to terms with the 5 across midfield as well.

Agree totally Ron. Yesterdays error was maybe one too many for Danny G. Can't really do anything now until January so I would like to see Gary B given the Blackburn game. Poppo is also the best of the options until Sorondo is fit.

We seem to have found a way of playing that results in us being competitive at this level but we do need to have another option when chasing games. I hoped Kaviedes would have helped here but it doesn't seem to have happened.

Rock
06-12-2004, 01:09 PM
JFBeagle, he has been fairly solid but in the last 5 games has allowed crosses and goals to come from his side. If you look at the statistics (which I know you can make say anything that you like) then the amount of goals that come from the right hand side is much less. Basically we have Boyce and Hall on that side who have much more pace and ability. Also add to this that Routledge doesn't do as much tracking back as Kolkka and this highlights the left sided defensive problems even more. Saying that Wayne has improved his tracking back recently.

Also the amount of money that Granville is on is criminal when compared to some of the other players.

Calder2
06-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Konchesky

Clapham Grand
06-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Butters / Boyce?

Steve in Phoenix
06-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by JFBeagle
Does anyone seriously believe that if we get a new left back we will not concede any more goals? Danny has been pretty solid - but like every other defender in the country, he lets the odd one through.

I have to agree.. he might not be the finest left back in the Premiership but he isnt a bad player. I thought Boyce had more problems yesterday.

sydnsteve
06-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Granville was good upto that terrible error, but i also think that the strange move of taking off Kolka gave us less cover down that side, as he had tracked back well.

Essexeagle
06-12-2004, 01:28 PM
I really don't see why Butters couldn't fill in as a stop-gap measure (if fit enough)

zonin2000
06-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
I'd like to see an analysis of from where on the pitch we tend to concede goals

Goals which have come from our left hand side:

Norwich (a) Huckerby

Chelsea (h) Tiago

Middlesbrough (a) Popovic (o.g.)

Portsmouth (a) Popovic (o.g.)

Man City (h) Anelka (pen)

Arsenal (h) Henry

Liverpool (a) Baros (2nd goal)

Newcastle (h) Kluivert

Southampton (a) Phillips (Boyce/Hall error though), Jakobsson

Charlton (h) Rommedahl

Of those, you could attribute the Chelsea, Boro, Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Charlton goals directly to Granville.

Windom Earle
06-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Granville has struck up good understanding with kolkka going forward and has done his job defensively. Can't blame him for being done in the 92nd minute by one of the quickest players around.

Batsta
06-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sam bater
IMHO I think we should go for someone like Celestine Babayaro from Chelsea, he is currently behind Wayne Bridge and William Gallas in the pecking order and he would provide us with the good experienced premiership defender we require. His wages would be a factor but Chelsea may let him go on a free.

I agree with this. I've was only talking about It this weekend.

zonin2000
06-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Windom Earle
Granville has struck up good understanding with kolkka going forward and has done his job defensively. Can't blame him for being done in the 92nd minute by one of the quickest players around.

Yeah you can, it was an awful mistake.

Richwak
06-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Windom Earle
He get does week in week out tho, fair enought Rommedahl is quick but it was lack of concentration which gave it away. I am praying we can get Zauri from Lazio in Janurary!!!! PLEASE!!!!

sydnsteve
06-12-2004, 03:11 PM
It was nothing to do with Rommendahl's speed, but DG's as he whizzed past him! All he had to do was show him outside and shepherd him. It was a terrible mistake, especially given the timing.

STEVECPFC
06-12-2004, 03:19 PM
"Granville has struck up good understanding with kolkka going forward and has done his job defensively"

Not being rude but this is the funniest comment for a long time. How many times in a game does Granville pass to Kolkka, about zero. Kolkka receives the majority of his passes from Watson ie Liverpool goals.

In addition, how many chances has Granville missed this season - Chelsea, Bolton, etc.

Popester
07-12-2004, 01:52 PM
IT was a school-boy error on Saturday and Danny should be experience enough not to be making mistakes like that.

Not sure about the Babyaro shout. I think we need someone more defensively minded and less of a prima-donna.

ravepants
13-12-2004, 12:03 PM
I think Danny G is doing well.. but then some on here seem to forget there are 10 other players on the pitch and spend the 90 mins studying his every move so what do I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we are looking to strengthen, I would look at Matt Taylor. pompey, mentioned earlier too, he has been a bit short in confidence recently , but had an injury and lost his place, he has the skill but is a wing back far from a traditional left back, this leaves our flying winger little cover business still as is Granville. Maybe we shouldbe addressing this instead?

Personally i think we should be looking to spend what money we do have come January elsewhere, I dont see left back as priority in our mini-league with Blackburn, West Brom, Southampton and Norwich.

cpfc_spc1982
22-12-2004, 09:22 AM
newcastle are meant to be interested in clement.

bendyjoe
22-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Matthew Taylor.......??
Does this mean that we could then count Will Young as a celebrity fan....... erm... alledgedly.

lordanton
22-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Babayaro would be quality...but i doubt we'd get him.