PDA

View Full Version : Pongolle and Diao

Lee B
29-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Bloomberg are reporting that we're interested in Diao (they've resurrected that story) and Pongolle in January.

Can't see us getting Pongolle as he'd be cover for AJ and he's not going to like that. Really not sure about Diao at all as a player.

Possibly the first shots in them trying to get AJ for cash + players????

davematt
29-11-2004, 11:22 AM
Pongolle would be a good signing. Can also play out wide, so he would give good cover in different areas.

Diao - No thanks!

Ralph
29-11-2004, 12:27 PM
whatever Sir Iain says is fine with me.

BW_Palace
29-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Pongolle would be a brilliant signing - very young too.

Not sure about Diao - depends on how much we'd pay (wages and transfer fee) as I feel we need depth in central midfield - but he won't get into the first team IMO

Igor Iconic
29-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
whatever Sir Iain says is fine with me.

if he starts saying 'Diao' call the men in white coats.

KungFuCharlie
29-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I don't think Diao should be written off so easily. He had all his confidence taken away under Houlier, and for the right price could be an ok buy for us in my view.

Pongholle I havent seen too much of, but in the current state of things why on earth would Liverpool be looking to sell him, and why on earth would he be wanting to come and sit on our bench.

I think this is just a warm-up for later "Cash+players for AJ" rumours.

charltonhater
30-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Pongieoli is rubbish, our reserve strikers are better than him

Diao might be able to do a job for us, but I'd prefer it if we didn't buy him.

eagles #1
30-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Diao may be a good buy. Pongolle wont move to another English club, He'll be off to France if he leaves Liverpool.

Pezzadoner
30-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Not overly keen on either, Pongolle is one for the future and I don't think Diao has all the qualities we need.

LeeH
30-11-2004, 01:43 PM
was trying to find the link on Bloomberg (???)

DougieFreedman9
30-11-2004, 01:47 PM
cough dont want either

Lee B
30-11-2004, 01:52 PM
It was on the Liverpool news section, tipped off by a scouse friend.

Radders
30-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Amazed anyone thinks Pongolle is a good signing. Diao on the other hand may be a bit in the Cisse mould (Pompey not Liverpool) but an international, tough tackling midfielder could only enhance our squad. It would have to be the right price though.

st albans
30-11-2004, 02:06 PM
not interested in either i'm afriad, i think there are better strikers in the lower leagues than pongolle, Diao has lost all confidence under Houllier and doesnt look like he's recovered from it at all this season. Wouldnt mind Traore if he became available for left back though

ultra_combo
09-12-2004, 06:20 PM
pongolle is class, because of liverppools' striker problems we will not get him but once they get it sorted we should go for him on loan at least.

stwilley
09-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Pongolle is about as much the finished article as Torghelle. Speak to any Liverpool fan and they will tell you the same. Much raw talent, not a lot of guile or class.

Sorry, I think we need people who have seen it and done it at the moment, there is plenty of 'potential' knocking around the reserves.

hughsaaaay
09-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Both would be excellent signings for us:

Pongolle is a hard working player with lots of talent and who can either play up front or on the flanks
Diao would provide a hugely needed pair of fresh legs in the middle as Hughsaay and Watson, although quality players both need a rest and Aki plays with such intensity that he will either get injured or washed out if he isn't rested at some point.

glaziers fan
10-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Pongolle is class. Loads of pace with skill.

Daddy Long
10-12-2004, 03:45 PM
I think our management team could do a lot with a player like Diao.

The Vicar
10-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I think our management team could do a lot with a player like Diao.

I agree, and think he's a good player.

mr_teen82
10-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Pongolle would be fantastic - especially as cover for Routledge if he were to leave - but he had a blinder on Wed for Liverpool - so they would probably want to keep him - I think the boy will be a great player

Diao - not for me thanks