PDA

View Full Version : Christian Wilhelmsson


The Omen
01-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Don't get excited, I don't know of a cleaner at Selhurst Park who over-heard anything...

I just think this player would be an excellent signing. He has always impressed me when I've seen him play for Sweden. He is the player with the BIG mohican.

A quality exciting winger who would excel in the Premiership.

And he only plays for Anderlecht, so a club where we could possibly snatch a player from.

Duke
01-12-2004, 08:19 AM
I've always been impressed with him also.

but don't Anderlect play in the champs league? if so surely he wouldn't want to leave that ?

The Omen
01-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Duke
I've always been impressed with him also.

but don't Anderlect play in the champs league? if so surely he wouldn't want to leave that ?

Because he has to play Belgium league football week in - week out.

Playing against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle etc every week is surely more appealing than a few games in the Champions League - which is all Anderlecht normally manage.

landeval
01-12-2004, 08:31 AM
no way according to Swedish papers he has been linked with teams like Ajax and Celtic.

The Omen
01-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by landeval
no way according to Swedish papers he has been linked with teams like Ajax and Celtic.

I don't think it is totally unrealistic for us to compete with teams like that.

Ok, I'm not saying we are as big a club, but the Premiership, compared to the leagues those two play in, gets a lot more coverage and is a lot more appealing - I would've thought.

m355y
01-12-2004, 12:50 PM
good player. Don't think there's much more to say really.

If 'little' teams like Bolton and Portsmouth can attract big name foreign internationals, so can you. Not unrealistic at all. Lakis and Kolkka are in the same bracket.

GreatGonzo
01-12-2004, 12:54 PM
I agree that the Premiership would be a big draw for any player not in one of the 4 big leagues.

The trouble is can we offer players the premiership? We are here at the moment but anyone signing in January would have to be thinking about next season and the one after that which are uncertain.

If we stay up and are clear of relegation with a couple of weeks to spare then players will take a bit more notice of us.

Benzhiyi
01-12-2004, 12:58 PM
If he were available, bigger clubs than us would be interested. :(

Agree though, great player.

100% Palace
03-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
If he were available, bigger clubs than us would be interested. :(


Dont Anderlect have a first rights deal with man u?

Beanie
04-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 100% Palace
Dont Anderlect have a first rights deal with man u?
That's Royal Antwerp - and I don't think its a first pick deal, just a place for United to send players on loan. Don't know if they do though

Beanie
04-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
I agree that the Premiership would be a big draw for any player not in one of the 4 big leagues.

The trouble is can we offer players the premiership? We are here at the moment but anyone signing in January would have to be thinking about next season and the one after that which are uncertain.

If we stay up and are clear of relegation with a couple of weeks to spare then players will take a bit more notice of us.
We need to look at the Bolton/Birmingham route - 6 months deals or loans with a proper contract for next season if they / the club want it. Players can't move after Jan anyway so they aren't committing themselves over much. On the other hand perhaps ID will say that if we give them half a season in the Premiership, they should give us one season in the PRemiership or Championship if need be. If they can't get a guarenteed Premiership place it's an interesting gamble.

Kirby
06-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Big fat horseshit.

landeval
20-12-2004, 09:39 PM
I read on a Swedish Webpage he is on his way to the Hanukah people(spurs)

Neil
20-12-2004, 10:49 PM
He's great in FM2005!

:)

cpfc_spc1982
21-12-2004, 01:06 AM
3 mil by all accounts.
what with a new right winger coming in , ricketts playing well on his return i wonder if they still want wayne or will wayne be so interested knowing he wont or is unlikely to get a game.

Shamone
21-12-2004, 01:19 AM
If Derry goes in January then this must happen. Surely the best mullet in football after Derry's?

DennisUphill
21-12-2004, 01:59 AM
The gossip column
All the latest gossip from Tuesday's newspapers.

Monday's gossip
BBC Sport
Tottenham have beaten Celtic to the 3m signing of Anderlecht's Sweden winger Christian Wilhelmsson. (The Sun)

Stigma
23-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Anderlecht are demanding a transfer fee of 6-7 million pounds for the Swedish midfielder ! Tottenham have offered about half that.
(this according to the Belgium newspaper Het Nieusblad).
Either way, definitely out of our league this guy...

Crunchie
23-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
3 mil by all accounts.
what with a new right winger coming in , ricketts playing well on his return i wonder if they still want wayne or will wayne be so interested knowing he wont or is unlikely to get a game.

If he is a left winger though, as the Sun says the Wayne door might not been shut yet.

However i did think he was a right winger though

The Vicar
23-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by The Omen
I don't think it is totally unrealistic for us to compete with teams like that.

Ok, I'm not saying we are as big a club, but the Premiership, compared to the leagues those two play in, gets a lot more coverage and is a lot more appealing - I would've thought.

Exactly right. Our supporters tend to give ourselves short shrift.

Stigma
23-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Where are we getting the 6 million transfer fee from then:rolleyes:
Get real..