PDA

View Full Version : popovic

SARN
12-12-2004, 12:34 PM
is it me or does popovic seriously look out of place in this league. he looks about 3 yards off the pace and i think is definately the weakest link in our team. he looks really dodgy on the ball coming out of defence and is distribution is apalling. for me we need mark hudson or gonzalo sorondo in there along side 1 size. his first touch in recent games has been poor and needs to play a lot better if he is to stay in the team.

Eaglesmad1
12-12-2004, 12:38 PM
No

oz_da II
12-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Give me strength..........

This is getting boring.

cpfclife
12-12-2004, 12:46 PM
yes

Eaglesmad1
12-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by cpfclife
yes

Are you actually a palace fan??

Fist Watson, now Poppa.

Unbelievable.

eagles #1
12-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Not a fan of Popo personally but he didnt do anything wrong yesterday.

whitey
12-12-2004, 12:52 PM
I think he is our weakist link. He is to slow for this League. As they keep saying if you have pace like AJ you will score goals.

TonbridgeEagle
12-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Eaglesmad1
Fist Watson, now Poppa.
:eek: :eek:

hughsaaaay
12-12-2004, 12:58 PM
As much as I hate to knock poppa and the same can be said about

many of our players the answer is YES. I believe when he first came to

the club he could have played in the Premiership but now, aven when

we're in control of a match you feel all it needs is the opp to hoof a long

ball up the pitch and Poppa to misjudge it for the other team to be back

in it. He's one of the reasons we struggle to close games off. He reminds

me of Cygan with long black hair. Still a palace legend, but not worthy

of a starting place any more.

Gavin Axten
12-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Granville was our weakest link last week now its Poppa, Hall is crap so is Routledge.Watson and Hughes are knackered, have I missed anyone!The BBS is unbelievable at times :rolleyes:

Panman268
12-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Ive thought from the outset that Popovic is a liability. He looks panicky and is prone to rash challenging. I don't think he's a calming influence at the back.

On the plus side, the most improved players we have are Kiraly, Boyce, Riihilati and Kolkka. Watson is getting there and Wayne will improve with experience. For all his endeavour, I don't think Hughes is up to it. Fitz Hall has been steady and again will improve as games go on. I do believe other players should be given a chance to show what they can do (Lakis, Andrews, Freedman etc) and not just be used as subs.

Icarus
12-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Methinks there's already a thread on this though if I can add my two cents worth- the general consensus is that Pops is struggling at this level and until a suitable replacement is established we'll just have to make do and keep our fingers cross when he's near the ball!

AJ
12-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Errrr... this is not unexpected.....Palace don't have 3m to spend on every position, so, you'll have to get used to it.
Against Arse I thought Pop was excellent, but, then against Charlton he looked seriously troubled....didn't see yesterdays game.

gcwhite
12-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Gavin Axten
have I missed anyone!The BBS is unbelievable at times :rolleyes:

Yes. The PA man was crap too. :rolleyes:

Iain Dowie
12-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Gees,The reason these players don't perform because everyone keeps slagging them off,why is our crowd so impatient,give them a break!