PDA

View Full Version : CPFRIS DCC Childrens Party Photo's

Moonbeam
14-12-2004, 05:06 PM
I have finally managed to upload the photo's. Technophobe me?

The pictures show the story of the party from how we find the Players Lounge when we get there early morning, to setting up the room, preparing sandwiches and food, the guests arriving and enjoying themselves. It does not show the hard work in the year prior to the party nor does it show the people who have helped behind the scenes.

May we thank the following, in no particular order: Our sandwich ladies who spend all day preparing sarnies and food for 250 kids, Sainsbury's and Nestle for their immense contribution, Liz Roakes and Alan Kielty for their help with signed shirts, Kit Symons and the reserve team, Bob Dowie and the Academy lads (Who serve the food), Neil Witherow for his Disco (He always laughs at Smartie Artie) and on a personal note to all the committee members who have put up with my mistakes and tantrums over this past year.

One final point. If after looking at the photo's you would like to contribute please mail us on cpfrisdcc@aol.com. We need £17,000 to continue the box and arrange a party for next year. Every penny goes to the kids.

BTW Could a Mod put a link to the photo's and this site please?

Stellavista
14-12-2004, 05:18 PM
To follow on from what Peter has said, the biggest thanks, of course, must go to the thousands of Palace supporters around the world who make this possible.
Len Chatterton, one of the original founders, way back in the sixties, was there again last night, and continues to contribute his time and effort to the cause.
Len, a former player and Head Groundsman for many years, is now in his eighties, and puts many of us who are younger to shame. A true Palace legend.

Also, for your information, this is the text of a message that Bill Nighy sent yesterday, and it really says what needs to be said much more effectively than I can.

PATRON'S MESSAGE

Dear All,

Firstly, I am sorry that I am not able to be with you today, but prior work commitments find me filming in Canada, when Iíd rather be enjoying the party with all of you.

In the summer of this year, I was approached by the Trustees of the Charity, who asked whether I might consider taking on the role of Patron.
I was both flattered, and honoured, to be asked, and did not hesitate in accepting the kind invitation.

As a Palace fan of long-standing, and from the local area, I am immensely proud to be associated with an organisation that has been built on the goodwill and generosity of Palace people all over the World.

The Annual Christmas Party is the centrepiece of the Charityís activities, and brings together many of the kids who have joined us in the box on match days through the season.
We recognise that it is also an opportunity for parents and carers to catch up, and that it is always much anticipated by all who attend, and always over too soon.

In the near future, we will be launching our annual fund-raising appeal, in order that we can continue to offer the children that special football experience, at a club we all love dearly.

Itís a very special thing, when people, who may have no other connection in their day-to-day lives, can come together to make something like the CP-FRIS Charity a reality, and all Palace fans should be extremely gratified that their generosity has made it happen.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the volunteers, who give freely of their time and energy to make a difference, and to the Crystal Palace Football Club, and its Chairman, Simon Jordan, who have offered tremendous support to the Charity over the years.

Merry Christmas, and a Very Happy New Year.

BILL NIGHY

bobmatt
14-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Well done to Peter, Steve, Neil, Ted, Janet and all who were involved in organising yesterdays party.

Those photos show just what a great job you all do.

:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Here's a link to the Photos

http://gallery.cpfc.org/CFRIS-DCC-Christmas-Party-2004

Moonbeam
14-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Cheers Bob

Have you warmed up yet?

bobmatt
14-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Moonbeam
Cheers Bob

Have you warmed up yet? Seeing those pics warmed me up no end.

As a photographer i always tend to look at the quality of pictures but your pics just go to prove that what's in the picture counts for so much more. Please take this comment as praise it is not the criticism it sounds like, but i couldn't think of a better way of saying what the smiles in those photos mean to me.

Neil the Eagle
15-12-2004, 05:36 AM
Just to add, what a great evening it was. Certainly the best one yet that I've been involved with.

:lux:

bunghole
15-12-2004, 05:52 AM
Just looked at all the pics.

Sensational effort by all concerned. :p

PeterH
15-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Well done all involved.