PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Savage why not?

LP
16-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Read in todays Mirror that Brum want to sell him and Blackburn are interested. Well if Blackburn can be in the running, why can't we? Lets face it whatever we may think of him and his silly hair he would be just what we need in midfield.

brighton_eagle
16-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Yes. Defo. A very good player. No quite the goalscrong midfielder we need, but would do an excellent job for us.

etu
16-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Because Blackburn are managed by his old international manager and he wants to work with him apparently. I can think of more popular signings as well and I'm not certain he's got the creativity we need. We've got enough battlers that we don't need Savage that much for that role...

DANCOO
16-12-2004, 10:18 AM
The bloke is a knob-ead, but I'd love to see him at Palace.

GeeTee
16-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Aki is our Savage and is ten times the man.

mrdance88
16-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by GeeTee
Well put :p

Cleon
16-12-2004, 10:32 AM
And Savage wants to go to either Everton (step up) or Blackburn (for homo sex with Mark Hughes), and not Palace.

Adrian
16-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Cleon
And Savage wants to go to either Everton (step up) or Blackburn (for homo sex with Mark Hughes), and not Palace.
Good job too. He would not help our cause one bit.

ANDYEAGLE
16-12-2004, 10:39 AM
He would want at least 20k a week so he can F Off

LP
16-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Adrian
Good job too. He would not help our cause one bit.

Can't really understand this. We need players of proven Premiership quality and he is such a player. I agree with people above that we'd probably struggle to get him given his connnections with Hughes and also as well his 'connections' with our Hughes as well. But personally I don't care how popular a player is, if he can help us survive then bring him in.

Webb
16-12-2004, 10:40 AM
He supports Everton so might go there, but obviously the Welsh connection with Mark Hughes will play a key factor. Its between those two, and I don't believe any other club will have a chance.

I rate him as a good player - but Aki is a better player, and more intelligent on and off the field.

Scoot
16-12-2004, 10:51 AM

Mmmmmm ... I wish :confused:

He chose to not join us the last time we tried to sign him so he can feck off as far as I am concerned. If Palace are gonna spend that much on wages there must be a others as good if not better available

MikeyDread
16-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by LP
Can't really understand this. We need players of proven Premiership quality and he is such a player. I agree with people above that we'd probably struggle to get him given his connnections with Hughes and also as well his 'connections' with our Hughes as well. But personally I don't care how popular a player is, if he can help us survive then bring him in.

Agreed - we have to look at what Birmingham did to stay up and they brought in a few players including the likes of Dugarry who most people thought would be a liability but was one of the reasons they stayed up.

Lets look at survival first and then we can be a little more judicial with our purchases next season.

Heb 7:4
16-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I don't like him. If Dowie wanted him and thought he'd help us survive, then fair enough, but he's a (rhymes with punt) and we all know he is.

jan
16-12-2004, 11:08 AM
I would hate to see him at Palace can't stand his ranting cheating behaviour. He belongs at Birmingham

Beanie
16-12-2004, 11:09 AM
There are some things which I think Palace should NOT do to survive. One would be to become a "ten man behind the ball, all fall over when theres an opponent within ten feet" type of team. The other would be to sign players like Savage. I'd prefer to support a Championship side with a bit of integrity than a Premiership side whose overwhelming aim is to avoid defeat at any cost.

AndyStreet
16-12-2004, 11:10 AM

Unfortunately, Savage is ten times the player.

Icy
16-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Savage is one of those players you dont truly appreciate until hes playing for you. Personally id rather have him with us than against as especially as Hughes looks to be suffering at the moment.

We won't get him though.

cpfc_spc1982
16-12-2004, 11:32 AM
he wouldnt wanna come , blackburn only ancy there chances because of mark hughes.

GeeTee
16-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
Unfortunately, Savage is ten times the player.

I would have thought my careful choice of words renders your post redundant.

GeeTee
16-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Scoot
Mmmmmm ... I wish :confused:

I honestly didn't mean ten times the player.

Having said that Savage is having a poor season, Aki a good one.

AndyStreet
16-12-2004, 11:43 AM
I would have thought my careful choice of words renders your post redundant.

Not particularly. You appear to have suggested Aki is on a par with Savage, and does a similar job as effectively. Unfortunately for us, that isn't really the case. Incidentally I've heard that Savage is universally liked and respected off the pitch; it's just he's a bit of a tosser as soon as he puts his football boots on. Maybe he's the Welsh, slightly mincing version of the Incredible Hulk. Except less green.

AndyStreet
16-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Having said that Savage is having a poor season, Aki a good one.

Fair point.:)

CPFC-DIEHARD
16-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Steve Bruce said he is willing to sell Savage because his heart isn't at the club. Savage is a Palace fan so maybe he wants to join the club he supports?

Celestial Empire
16-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Bruce seems to want Gronkjaer and Savage out so that he can finance yet more deals. Seems to be turning into a "sign-him-up-and-hope" type of manager, and his board have noticed. Always seems to look down in the mouth these days - still pining over the job that got away : Newcastle. :vader:

Jasper
16-12-2004, 12:36 PM
He's a

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
16-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Savage will end up at Millwall in a few years, once he has become a crap has been.

They are a perfect match for each other.

CPFC247
16-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by CPFC-DIEHARD
Steve Bruce said he is willing to sell Savage because his heart isn't at the club. Savage is a Palace fan so maybe he wants to join the club he supports?

This is a wind up yes????????

cpfc_connection
16-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Could you really see Savage and Hughes in the palace midfield after their little punch up?

Savage wont leave brum unless there is a HUGE offer. Blackburn wont get him, the media are just putting ex-wales manager and ex-wales player together. im surprised blackburn dont want to buy craig bellamy, paul jones and robert earnshaw, they have been linked blackburn with savage and gabbidon.

brighton_eagle
16-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Jasper
He's a

Who gives a flying what he's like if he's a good player? I mean, do you know what all our current players are like? Some of them might be right cnuts. AJ might be the biggest of all time, but if he's scoring goals I couldn't give a monkeys.

thanks, rant over.

Iain Dowie
16-12-2004, 04:53 PM
NO no no,its an absoloute load of bull the mirror knows nothing.ON Sky Sports News.Steve Bruce said "Robbie is not for sale,he is a great player and we are not willing to sellhim"

off mirror you know nothings

nellis
16-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Erm...don't hughesy and savage hate each other. Don't think it would be great for dressing room harmony!!

brighton_eagle
16-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by nellis
Erm...don't hughesy and savage hate each other. Don't think it would be great for dressing room harmony!!

They had a dust up on the pitch. For all you or I know that might have loads of respect for each other.

I think this transfer is very unlikely since I can't see Savage wanting to leave and certainly not to join us, but if we could get him, he would be an excellent signing....better than any midfielder we currently have. If you think Aki is a better player you need medicating.

Dillenger
16-12-2004, 09:36 PM
there's no way he'd come to palace, if he's going anywhere it'll be everton or blackburn.

always thought he was spectaculary under-rated, yes he is a twat, but there's a lot more to his game than just workrate - which is the only thing people tend to mention about him.

maestro
16-12-2004, 10:05 PM
No one likes him but he's a very good defensive midfield player, much better than what we currently have.

I think theres little chance him coming to us, does bruce want him to sign a new contrect or something? Saw an interview on sky sports with Bruce saying he needs to commit himself one way or the other (only caught half teh interview), I think the stories about him going are just a ploy by Bham to try and scare him into pledging his future to them

zonin2000
16-12-2004, 10:05 PM
I would love to see Savage at Palace. I have tremendous respect for him, as a player and as a person. Unfortunately, I very much doubt that he would like to join Palace, at this point in time.

limited_edition
16-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Savage would never fit in at Palace. He's good at taking setpieces for a start.

MasterYoda
18-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Controversial maybe but I'd love us to sign Savage. Him and Aki would give us the middle 2 we'd need to enable us to play 4-4-2 with 2 attacking wingers

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
18-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Savage is a wa nker. I would hate to see that moaning cheating tart put a Palace shirt on. Errg just the thought of it makes me want to puke.

Trolley
18-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Savage is a Palace fan

Total and utter 'Tommyrot'.

'Savage' has been a lifelong supporter of 'Everton'.

;)

Shipp Ahoy!
18-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Swap deal taking Hughes the other way :D

Gooders
18-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Brum fans would tell you that he is on a downslope - and nowhere near the player he was two years ago.

Noodles 42
18-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels
Savage is a wa nker. I would hate to see that moaning cheating tart put a Palace shirt on. Errg just the thought of it makes me want to puke.

I'm with the wooden one! We are of one mind.

Actually, I'm well surprised at the amount of support for the idea. I thought the original post was a wind up. Oh well, there you go.

bananaman
18-12-2004, 02:41 PM
erm wages!! :eek: :hi:

StevePlus
18-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_connection
Could you really see Savage and Hughes in the palace midfield after their little punch up?

Older fans may remember the match where Palace's Mel Blyth and Everton's Alan Whittle got sent off for fighting each other. By the time the FA got round to disciplining the pair of them, Whittle had been transferred to Palace. I don't remember them falling out afterwards.

jim the eagle
20-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Has the time come to raise the subject of signing the devil,is staying up this year so important that we sign ROBBIE SAVAGE

Mong!
20-12-2004, 10:30 PM
it won't happen

palace & proud
20-12-2004, 10:31 PM
No way :clown:

forsells no1 fan
20-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Wheres C Block when you need him?

Shoreditch CPFC
05-01-2005, 09:27 AM
He's available for 3.5m. He can fly home to Wales from London at the weekends. He could well be what we need to keep us up.

I know its unlikely, but this would be an immense signing.

arussell
05-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Ironically of course, we tried to sign Savage when he was at Crewe, before he went to Leicester.

He's hardly going to come to Palace when he only wants to go to Blackburn to be with Hughes again !

Trolley
05-01-2005, 09:39 AM
. Savage is a Palace fan so maybe he wants to join the club he supports?

'Robbie Savage' has actually been a lifelong supporter of 'Everton' and it would appear that his 'heart' has been set on joining Blackburn not only because of his association with 'Mark Hughes' but due to the fact that he wishes to re-locate nearer to Wrexham the home of his parents who are ailing at the present time.

Ollie Ox
05-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Savage is moving to be near his parents who are ill in wales so i don't think he will be moving to london.

Clapham Grand
05-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ollie Ox
Savage is moving to be near his parents who are ill in wales so i don't think he will be moving to london.

There is only 3 miles difference between Brum-Wrexham and Blackburn-Wrexham apparently... (so a tabloid paper researched)

Jim Cannon
05-01-2005, 09:45 AM
FFS he won't be signing for Palace

Shoreditch CPFC
05-01-2005, 09:45 AM
as I pointed out he can fly to Wales from London, whereas Blackburn is no nearer to Wrexham than Birmingham.

I am sure he would prefer to go to Blackburn though, but what if they don't match the 3.5m asking price ? Bruce is quoted in todays Times as saying he is not budging from it. If Palace thought he was worth 3.5m & the wages that come with it, what would they have to lose by making a bid ?

Cleon
05-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Ollie Ox

Come on, don't believe the Savage spin! As Birmingham have entertainly pointed out, Brum is only marginally further from Wrexham than Blackburn. In addition Brum have offered free chauffer and car to Savage as a way of showing him up for the liar that he is. As previously stated, he wants to go to Blackburn for homo-sex with Mark Hughes. Using his parents illness as an excuse makes him even sicker than we previous thought.

westsussexeagle
05-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Cleon
Come on, don't believe the Savage spin! As Birmingham have entertainly pointed out, Brum is only marginally further from Wrexham than Blackburn. In addition Brum have offered free chauffer and car to Savage as a way of showing him up for the liar that he is. As previously stated, he wants to go to Blackburn for homo-sex with Mark Hughes. Using his parents illness as an excuse makes him even sicker than we previous thought.

Ah the voice of reason or should that be just plain homophobia?

As for Savage I reckon every team's supporters other than the one he is playing for hate him and all of them with few exceptions really wish he was playing for their team. No comparison between Aki and Savage I'm afraid. Unfortunately he wont come to Palace whether he wants to be nearer his ailing parents, has had enough of Brum and Bruce or because he's got ties with Blackburn, so it's all really rather academic.

Cleon
05-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by westsussexeagle
Ah the voice of reason or should that be just plain homophobia?

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I wish Mr Savage and Mr Hughes a very happy life together. ;)

aadams
05-01-2005, 10:03 AM
A guy everyone hates, but would love to have in there team. Bit to pricey for his age though, but would'nt it be great to snatch him on the cheap for Steve Bruce