PDA

View Full Version : Get Loan Players

DAVESTEFF
17-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Instead of buying players in the January sales I think Palace should go down the same route as last season and get players on loan. Without Nico Vassen we would still be playing First Division football.

Falco
17-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by DAVESTEFF
Instead of buying players in the January sales I think Palace should go down the same route as last season and get players on loan. Without Nico Vassen we would still be playing First Division football.

This is a view I could not disagree with more. My nightmare scenario for this season isn't getting relegated, it is getting relegated and finding we have a weaker squad than we had last season when we did get promoted (a la Leicester). We should be looking for players who will help us to stay up or, if that fails, will help us get promoted next season.

st albans
17-12-2004, 11:55 AM
agree, signings for me. players that will be around IF we go down

Trolley
17-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Speaking to the 'Hierachy' only recently, I was reliably informed that a player currently on the books of a 'Merseyside' club is a genuine 'target' but to the best of my knowledge his name has NOT been linked to our beloved club on the 'Media' nor the 'Good Ship BBS'.

;)

brighton_eagle
17-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Don't tell me. The fraud is claiming some 'inside' knowledge. :rolleyes:

EagleSE24
17-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Come on then, who is it? John Aldridge?

Trolley
17-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by EagleSE24
Come on then, who is it? John Aldridge?

It would be a breach of 'confidentiality' if my good self was to reveal the 'Target' but if events unfold as the club would wish, all will be revealed in the not too distant future.

LP
17-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
Speaking to the 'Hierachy' only recently, I was reliably informed that a player currently on the books of a 'Merseyside' club is a genuine 'target' but to the best of my knowledge his name has NOT been linked to our beloved club on the 'Media' nor the 'Good Ship BBS'.

;)

Southport FC do have some good prospects I've heard.;)

brighton_eagle
17-12-2004, 12:17 PM
LOL.....it's so predictable. :D

eagles #1
17-12-2004, 12:20 PM

;) Steven Gerrard?

Trolley
17-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Don't tell me. The fraud is claiming some 'inside' knowledge. :rolleyes:

The very same 'Fraud' who stated categorically that 'Akinbiyi' would NEVER 'don' the shirt again, that a 'West Ham' player who played in the Play-Off final would be one of the first to 'Depart the shores' (Connolly) and who revealed to the 'Good Ship BBS' that but for an altercation with the Chairman, 'Stan Ternent' would have been appointed manager to replace 'Mr Kember'.

:grrr:

Radders
17-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by DAVESTEFF

Cool. Lets get Ventola and Sorondo fron Inter and Kaviedes the Ecuadorian. :p

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE ALREADY HAVE???:eek:

brighton_eagle
17-12-2004, 12:24 PM
What's he on about now. Probably claiming he was the only person who thought Akinbiyi would never 'don' the red and blue again. ;)

A tip for you for new year.....change the record trollster.

Trolley
17-12-2004, 12:28 PM
What's he on about now. Probably claiming he was the only person who thought Akinbiyi would never 'don' the red and blue again. ;)

In actual fact my revelation was in direct response to those on the 'Good Ship BBS' who were making the assertion that the laddie would be welcomed back into the 'fold' and would once again 'stake' a claim for a place in the team.

Radders
17-12-2004, 12:28 PM
The very same 'Fraud' who stated categorically that 'Akinbiyi' would NEVER 'don' the shirt again, that a 'West Ham' player who played in the Play-Off final would be one of the first to 'Depart the shores' (Connolly) and who revealed to the 'Good Ship BBS' that but for an altercation with the Chairman, 'Stan Ternent' would have been appointed manager to replace 'Mr Kember'.

Then again, I bet your not telling us all the 'things' he said that 'didn't' come 'true'

Arrrrrrrrghhhhhh! I'm 'developing' the constant speechmark 'fetish':eek:

Trolley
17-12-2004, 12:29 PM

A tip for you for new year.....change the record trollster.

I certainly have NO desire to change my 'informants'.

:) :p

gold76
17-12-2004, 12:34 PM
I certainly have NO desire to change my 'informants'.

:) :p

I'll play along.. I'm wondering if the Mersyside player we're 'alledgedly' after is of Senegalese 'stock'?

GreatGonzo
17-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Nah Diao has been mentioned several times on here and several times in the press in August so cannot be him.

Trolley
17-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by gold76
I'll play along.. I'm wondering if the Mersyside player we're 'alledgedly' after is of Senegalese 'stock'?

Do forgive my good self but I shall refrain from getting 'Drawn' into such a debate and as such I have no desire to comment one way or t'other on ANY number of 'Merseyside' players that those on the 'Good Ship BBS' bring to the fore.

Radders
17-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Do forgive my good self but I shall refrain from getting 'Drawn' into such a debate and as such I have no desire to comment one way or t'other on ANY number of 'Merseyside' players that those on the 'Good Ship BBS' bring to the fore.

Is it Terry McDermott???

Come on, spill the 'beans' !!

gold76
17-12-2004, 12:44 PM

Shame that Trolley, I shall await the transfer window with 'Anticipation' ;)

gold76
17-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Nah Diao has been mentioned several times on here and several times in the press in August so cannot be him.

You're right of course, no-one else springs to mind though, apart from James Mcfadden & he's already been mentioned on here too..

Trolley
17-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by gold76
Shame that Trolley, I shall await the transfer window with 'Anticipation' ;)

From my own perspective I fervently hope that the 'Transfer' comes to fruition for obvious reasons but I would also hope that it is concluded on the basis that I believe that the proposed acquisition will enhance our beloved team.

Finally, I would NOT be surprised if a regular member of the team is 'jettisoned' to a rival club and NO, I shall NOT be drawn into any specific names.

;)

Radders
17-12-2004, 01:01 PM
From my own perspective I fervently hope that the 'Transfer' comes to fruition for obvious reasons but I would also hope that it is concluded on the basis that I believe that the proposed acquisition will enhance our beloved team.

Finally, I would NOT be surprised if a regular member of the team is 'jettisoned' to a rival club and NO, I shall NOT be drawn into any specific names.

;)

Such a tease. But a "regular member of the team" can be almost anyone if you twist it the right way so your covering your backside there.

Dan Dare
17-12-2004, 01:02 PM
It's Alan Hansen innit. His return from the dark side is complete.

stwilley
17-12-2004, 01:05 PM
No, it's Jason McAteer! He's at Tranmere now and they constitute Merseyside

BARNSTONEWORTH
17-12-2004, 01:06 PM
If it's a striker my guess is Kevin Campbell

brighton_eagle
17-12-2004, 01:12 PM
He doesn't know anything.

Trolley
17-12-2004, 01:30 PM
He doesn't know anything.

Poppycock on stilts.

The information that I was proud and privileged to receive eminated from an exceedingly reliable source.

;)

st albans
17-12-2004, 01:36 PM
and NO, I shall NOT be drawn into any specific names.

why not? what the point in telling us something might happen and then not tell us what it is?

Father Fertile
17-12-2004, 01:41 PM
My guess is Kevin Campbell

Father Fertile
17-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Hoping its Osman though!

Trolley
17-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by st albans
why not? what the point in telling us something might happen and then not tell us what it is?

To inform the 'Good Ship BBS' that moves are 'In train' to recruit a chappie from the ranks of a 'Merseyside' club whilst being honourable enough NOT to engage in a breach of confidentiality.

Radders
17-12-2004, 01:45 PM
To inform the 'Good Ship BBS' that moves are 'In train' to recruit a chappie from the ranks of a 'Merseyside' club whilst being honourable enough NOT to engage in a breach of confidentiality.

Poppycock on stilts!

st albans
17-12-2004, 01:45 PM

some might say confidentiality has already been breached. plus it's a discussion forum. one question, is he a regular first teamer at the club he plays at?

Cannon
17-12-2004, 01:51 PM
'I' 'love' 'quotation' 'marks'.....''''''''''''''''''

st albans
17-12-2004, 01:53 PM
can't really see it being anyone from everton, as they have a paper thin squad, and of their reserve players, NONE of them would get into our first team

saying that, what about Naysmith?

Brett
17-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Duncan Ferguson.

Trolley
17-12-2004, 01:58 PM
some might say confidentiality has already been breached.

In my humble estimation, 'Confidentiality' would have only been breached if the name of the player concerned had been revealed.

Honesty and integrity prevents my good self from divulging any details.

palacefan_72
17-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Maybe it will be Mellor

GreatGonzo
17-12-2004, 02:00 PM
If i promise to vote Tory next election will you tell me?

Radders
17-12-2004, 02:00 PM
can't really see it being anyone from everton, as they have a paper thin squad, and of their reserve players, NONE of them would get into our first team

saying that, what about Naysmith?

God I hope thats not who it is. As left backs go I'd rather stick with Granville.

st albans
17-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Radders
God I hope thats not who it is. As left backs go I'd rather stick with Granville.

as much as i like Granville, i personally think Naysmith would do a good job. He's quick and has a decent football brain

st albans
17-12-2004, 02:04 PM
In my humble estimation, 'Confidentiality' would have only been breached if the name of the player concerned had been revealed.

but how would this other person realise you'd told us?

brighton_eagle
17-12-2004, 02:07 PM

....and the fact that you are a fantasist.

Gark Moldberg
17-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by LP
Southport FC do have some good prospects I've heard.;)

It can't be the captain, Chris Price. He'd have told me! ;)

Trolley
17-12-2004, 02:15 PM
but how would this other person realise you'd told us?

Whether the person in question ascertained that the requisite detail was revealed on the 'Good Ship BBS ' or not is totally irrelevant on the basis that I concluded that the information I received was NOT to be placed in the public domain and as such could be deemed 'confidential'.

In any event it is highly plausible that my 'source' could be informed that the name had been revealed on this hallowed 'institution' either directly or indirectly.;)

Trolley
17-12-2004, 02:16 PM

'Brighton Eagle' has clearly adopted the standpoint, "When in trouble,patronise".

Tommy Pickle
17-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Radders

Whats wrong with Naysmith? Although he's no spring chicken I think he'd do a good job for us. IMO he's the right sort of character to have around. I remember reading that he was a 'target' for West Brom, and I think i'm right in saying he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Tommy Pickle
17-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Trolley, are we looking to buy this 'target' or bring him in on loan?

Shoreditch CPFC
17-12-2004, 02:42 PM

You are the fantastist. Talking to an internet troll again...:clown:

brighton_eagle
17-12-2004, 02:43 PM
LOL...fair point.

PalaceFan in Alabama
17-12-2004, 02:57 PM

Well may I ask why in the hell did you start this thread?

You need to disappear back down whatever hole you popped out of.

PalaceFan in Alabama
17-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Whether the person in question ascertained that the requisite detail was revealed on the 'Good Ship BBS ' or not is totally irrelevant on the basis that I concluded that the information I received was NOT to be placed in the public domain and as such could be deemed 'confidential'.

In any event it is highly plausible that my 'source' could be informed that the name had been revealed on this hallowed 'institution' either directly or indirectly.;)

Quoting our Les Butler b0llocks

Trolley
17-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
Well may I ask why in the hell did you start this thread?

You need to disappear back down whatever hole you popped out of.

If you had cared to cast your eyes with more precision you would have gleaned that my good self was NOT the initiator of his particular 'Thread'.

Radders
17-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle
Whats wrong with Naysmith? Although he's no spring chicken I think he'd do a good job for us. IMO he's the right sort of character to have around. I remember reading that he was a 'target' for West Brom, and I think i'm right in saying he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Personally, I dont like right footed left backs. Dennis Irwin was exceptional but not many others come up to scratch in this postion IMO.
Apart from that, I just don't think he's that good!! He's very much a "scrapper" type of player but to buy him would still set us back a few quid and I think it would be better spent on the likes of Clement if avaliable. If he was availiable on a free then I'd have no complaints about him joining or squad as decent (or in my eyes, not very good) cover option.

cpfc_spc1982
17-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle

wayne tore him apart.

cpfc_spc1982
17-12-2004, 04:33 PM
john welsh