PDA

View Full Version : Bah, Tony Cottee

christopher
19-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Watching Football first, have just got to the 'penalty'. What a cock.

sydney eagle
19-12-2004, 02:34 AM
Maybe i'm mistaken but from memory I thought he was saying it was justice done when it was saved as he thought it was a dive.

Alan parry on the other hand....

Glaws Eagle
19-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by sydney eagle

Pi55es me right off.

Commentators are mant to just that - commentate.

Not spout countless unreleated statistics for 90 mins.

Oh for the days of Ken Wolstenholme!!

andy burton
19-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Too true - Parry was a digrace. Endless spouts about how long its been since we beat United, or even scored! Gave the impression we shouldn't have been allowed to play them. Tw@t

Jim Cannon
19-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by sydney eagle

...I believe is actually a Man U fan. Unless I am confusing him with someone else. Tosser.

Still we shouldn't be surprised we are never going to get a commentator being biased towards us are we?

Brett
19-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Parry supports Liverpool (and Wycombe).

SwampThing
19-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Have to say Martin Tyler has always seemed fairly pro-Palace in his commentaries.

jazman
19-12-2004, 03:03 PM
5Live was no different. Saying the last time we got anything from United was 1-1 draw when Cantona took all the headlines. And 'what do Palace have to do to avoid a hiding' !?!?! Give us chance and even before a ball had been kicked. Must admit haven't seen highlights yet.

the elusive k
19-12-2004, 03:13 PM
I can't believe how blind to the facts some of these pundits are.

I saw the Blackburn - Everton highlights on MOTD last night and anyone who saw Hibburts foul on Dickov which should have been a penalty must surely agree that the commentator was talking out of his arse.

Santos-er
20-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by jazman
5Live was no different.

I may be wrong, but have a sneaky feeling that Alan Parry was "commentating" on 5live ;)

Santos-er
20-12-2004, 12:57 PM
There's no point moaning about it. "Commentary" these days, but for a few decent commentators, involves verbally wanking over the "big", soulless clubs and belittling the efforts of "unfashionable" clubs like Palace.

Who Cares?
20-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Saturday was the first time I have ventured on to Prem Plus pay per view, and unless Palace are in involved in a crucial game I cannot get to will be the last.

I thought the whole production was second rate.
Parry, a commentator who has always driven me to distraction, was at his worst - who is he trying to impress with endless and often meaningless statistics? OK so he has done some homework - go to the top of the class!

Cottee, who I assume was there to give some professional insight alongside the resident amateur, showed no tactical appreciation at all and added nothing of any use to the coverage.

George Graham spent 3 sessions of about 10 minutes stating what was blindingly obvious - again adding no useful insight or interpretation of either team, the tactics etc. In fact he showed exactly why he has not managed to get back into the game with a proper job - definetly yesterday's man.

And the presenter, who ever he was - not worth any comment
:veryangry

Chobham Eagle
20-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Who Cares?
Saturday was the first time I have ventured on to Prem Plus pay per view, and unless Palace are in involved in a crucial game I cannot get to will be the last.

I thought the whole production was second rate.
Parry, a commentator who has always driven me to distraction, was at his worst - who is he trying to impress with endless and often meaningless statistics? OK so he has done some homework - go to the top of the class!

Cottee, who I assume was there to give some professional insight alongside the resident amateur, showed no tactical appreciation at all and added nothing of any use to the coverage.

George Graham spent 3 sessions of about 10 minutes stating what was blindingly obvious - again adding no useful insight or interpretation of either team, the tactics etc. In fact he showed exactly why he has not managed to get back into the game with a proper job - definetly yesterday's man.

And the presenter, who ever he was - not worth any comment
:veryangry

I couldn't agree more. The whole thing was second rate at best. It's so good when you're allowed to mute the commentary on live games.