PDA

View Full Version : Crouch or Beattie ?

Palaceboy222
20-12-2004, 05:35 PM
With all the speculation about Southampton strikers i got thinking, what would you prefer us to get Crouch, baring in mind that if he signed it would probably mean James Beattie hasnít left which would increase their chances of staying up. Or we don't get PC but Beattie leaves making their survival a harder task

I'm not saying one will or the other will defiantly happen but out of these two scenarios which would u prefer?

Great Lombardi
20-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Beattie leaves but no Crouch is a good scenario. Would prefer Ashton and Euell anyway.

Radders
20-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Beattie leaves, Crouch stays, Southampton relegated. Suits me!

100% Palace
20-12-2004, 05:55 PM
We get crouch.
Villa get beattie (so no swap involving laurent with newcastle).
Phillips breaks his leg.
Arsenal / Man u get Niemi.

howard
20-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Why would we want Crouch? Just because he is ten feet tall, does not make him any good.(I may have slightly exagerated his height, to make my point!)

KevTheOptimist
20-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by howard
Why would we want Crouch? Just because he is ten feet tall, does not make him any good.(I may have slightly exagerated his height, to make my point!)

No, he is 10 feet tall

m355y
20-12-2004, 11:08 PM
http://www.footballtransfers.info/features/tallest.asp

he's actually not the tallest person in the world, which is a surprise.

Brett
20-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Ah, Kalac. The man who actually wrecked our play-off hopes in '96.

Jasper
21-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Beattie leaving and crouch staying would be fantastic for us. Dont want that useless beanpole in a palace shirt

Gosling
21-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Brett
Ah, Kalac. The man who actually wrecked our play-off hopes in '96.

:sob:

honeysuckle
21-12-2004, 01:43 PM
There is no way Saints are going to sell Crouch and/or Beattie to their rivals for one of the relegation places. This is idle speculation, isn't it?

CanveyEagle
21-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Peter Crouch has not set the world on fire at any of his clubs.............no thanks.

andy1905
21-12-2004, 02:00 PM
crouch is a donkey, what has he done where he has been.

cannot see doing any better that our present squad!

JJO
21-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
There is no way Saints are going to sell Crouch and/or Beattie to their rivals for one of the relegation places. This is idle speculation, isn't it?

I'd certainly sell in Redknapp's position. Pocket 1-1.5m£ and ensure that by virtually every minute he's out there the team he sold Crouch to is going to be worse than it would be otherwise. And at thesame time I (Redknapp) would have the chance to play Beattie, Phillips and Blackstock as the main rotation with Best and possibly a new arrival filling out the strike force. If Beattie's gone, 1-2 new arrivals will be the minimum anyway.

No Crouch for me, if you please.

imashed
21-12-2004, 11:04 PM
why would we want either and why would they want to come here,our formation only plays one up front and neither has any pace to keep up with aj

Ardent Eagle Forever
25-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Bettie is the better footballer, Crouch is just a lamp post!

Jim Cannon
27-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Beattie would never come and if we sign Crouch I'll be suicidal.

The London Man
27-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Well, I'm not going to vote on this, it just doesn't seem relevant, especially as Southampton are now basically rivals in our fight for survival, I mean, you don't hand over your guns to your enemy during a war, do you?!!

It was interesting to note that in the last few minutes, Fitz Hall was pushed up into the attack to try and get knock-downs for AJ and Dougie.

Why bother getting a player like Crouch when you could use any of our centre-backs (and I include Leigertwood, Powell, Popovic, Hudsonetc in that) to do the same job without having to spend any cash.

Beattie could well be a long term solution, although rumour has it that he will end up at Charlton if he does leave the Saints.

BW_Palace
27-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Why bother getting a player like Crouch when you could use any of our centre-backs (and I include Leigertwood, Powell, Popovic, Hudsonetc in that) to do the same job without having to spend any cash.

Because Crouch is a striker and will actually score goals too? Like, in the first half, Fitz had a great chance when the ball came to his feet at a corner. He took too long and the chance was gone.