PDA

View Full Version : Rivaldo

rhiannapaul
23-12-2004, 12:44 PM
now he is out the champions league he wants to come to the prem and a London club to be near a Brazilian mate who in the gooners

sydnsteve
23-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Well past his sell by date. The ultimate Big Time Charlie

Brett
23-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Where to start...

RickyB
23-12-2004, 12:54 PM
hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha!

gold76
23-12-2004, 12:58 PM
One for baldy.. Seriously though no chance. Not got our work ethic & too expensive, probably end up at Bolton.

Palaceboy222
23-12-2004, 01:01 PM
NO NO NO, wont happen and he's bound to upset the camp even if it did, class player, when he wants to be but he's fallen out with one two many clubs, massive wages too, he was on around 80,000/week at AC Milan

pfc
23-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Who????

hughsaaaay
23-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by gold76
Not got our work ethic.

Couldn't care less if he hasn't worked as hard as somebody like Aki in his career. He's got something that nobody in our squad has got - world class.
If Rivaldo joined us we'd stay up. Put him in the middle of the park with Aki and either Hughes or Watson fighting for scraps.
Unfortunately for Palace, he won't join and even if he did and was our top assist for AJ, after a few mistakes people would be shoutingto 'fu*k of to Spurs' and 'bring back Shippers'

Lords Eagle
23-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by hughsaaaay
Couldn't care less if he hasn't worked as hard as somebody like Aki in his career.

You should care, with our type of work ethic it just takes one bad apple to upset the whole cart.

Santos-er
23-12-2004, 02:22 PM
he could give Torghelle diving lessons....

ANDYEAGLE
23-12-2004, 03:46 PM
You never know he has got so many millions he might want to come to us for nothing just to be near his Arse pal. Love him to come world class even if past his best. Hardly think he would upset team moral and he is a good diver. Put this in no chance category. It is interesting when a world class player is mentioned with us that people seem to think he would not fit into our framework for one reason or another. Let Dowie decide on that point, sure he would grovel to get someone like this.

HHHH
23-12-2004, 03:52 PM
He is a footballing genius.

CPFC-DIEHARD
23-12-2004, 03:55 PM
On a short term deal he might be a good signing. Rivaldo would give us some of the quality we will need to stay up this season.

andy_cpfc
23-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Maybe he could talk some of this former brazillian team mates into comming to palace with him, like carlos, ronaldo and ronaldiniho to fill the weak leftback, creative midfielder and striker positions.

Seriously though, we have no chance

ANDYEAGLE
23-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Juninho a mate isnt he? Already discussed him.

st albans
23-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
and he is a good diver.

and thats ok with you?

mrgins
23-12-2004, 04:16 PM
millscum is a london club

hughsaaaay
23-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Lords Eagle
You should care, with our type of work ethic it just takes one bad apple to upset the whole cart.
Our special work rate has taken us so far as 18th in the league.
Whilst i'm glad we have an abundance of 'hard working' players, in the transfer window our priority should be keeping Palace in the Premiership. It should not be not keeping the 'honest pro's' of this world such as Granville and Poppa happy and in the team because we're scared that the balance might be broken and 'the whole cart will be upset'.
It looks like some people would rather say - "we got relegated but it wasn't for lack of effort, we were just never good enough" than take a chance on a 'flair player' such as Rivaldo or for that matter Kaviedes.

eagle dom
23-12-2004, 04:28 PM
sod it, lets go for ronaldinho if we are in dreamland...

Cleon
23-12-2004, 04:37 PM
He might just do it - why not offer him a five month contract on 40k a week? An 800k gamble designed to try and keep us in the Premiership. Then we can reassess (and not renew).

ANDYEAGLE
23-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Ronaldinho is not available and is dreamland,Rivaldo is and says he wants to come to London. More of a target for Spurs or Fulham than us I feel. He nearly joined Bolton recently. St Albans the Rivaldo diver was a bit of a joke, sorry not a mark of approval.

Sussex Eagle
23-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
He might just do it - why not offer him a five month contract on 40k a week? An 800k gamble designed to try and keep us in the Premiership. Then we can reassess (and not renew).

Of course. That would be brilliant for team morale, wouldn't it?

Kevan Woz Awful
23-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Harbin + Boxing + Swimming + Fitness = Rivaldo :(

Psyatika
23-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by RickyB
hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha!
I agree with this stance.

Psyatika
23-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by hughsaaaay
Our special work rate has taken us so far as 18th in the league.

And tell me, where were we before our "special work rate"? Ah, yes, now i remember:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/toilet.jpg

Wake up.

Batsta
23-12-2004, 07:21 PM
We've got Kavy :)

hugosabin
24-12-2004, 03:36 AM
Rivaldo would be an amazing signing, there is no question.
Signing him is another matter and sadly I think it will never happen.

James Melody
24-12-2004, 08:48 AM
I would rather not see a player the like of rivaldo ever play for palace.

He is a bell end of the highest magnitude

Lee B
24-12-2004, 08:56 AM
I don't see how anyone can turn down a World Cup winner who is still capable of winning a match on his own.

Cleon
24-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Of course. That would be brilliant for team morale, wouldn't it?

Are you seriously suggesting that the team would complain about what would clearly be a short-term gamble on someone who was the World Play of the Year only a few seasons ago, a world cup winner, a Champions League winner etc.? I am definitely not saying give him that type of contract for anything longer than 6-months, but if it takes a 800k gamble and he can have the kind of impact for us that Djorkaeff had for Bolton a few seasons ago, then why not?

I can't believe people would complain about having Rivaldo at Palace!!!!!!!

danibutcher
24-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by James Melody
I would rather not see a player the like of rivaldo ever play for palace.

He is a bell end of the highest magnitude

How can u be soooo naive a year ago we would ave been laughing bout this or sayin in our dreams.

But if we get the chance to bring a washed up player who whatever people say is still world class to the palace. He will have an amazing influence on the team and i cant think of any other player that would suit aj to play behind him.

There again do we really hav a chance to bring a "star" to the palace?

Clapham Grand
24-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by hugosabin
Rivaldo would be an amazing signing, there is no question.
Signing him is another matter and sadly I think it will never happen.

Agree

ANDYEAGLE
24-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Agree

Ditto

JJO
24-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Though the example of someone like Hierro does bring about a possibility. Very unlikely, but it could happen. Remember that Hierro was probably the best at his position back in his prime, so was Rivaldo. And he'd probably be motivated to show he can still get the job done at the highest level.

Don't forget the example set by the veterans at Bolton (especially Djorkaeff) who showed that all these prejudices don't really pan out and costly veteran foreigners can come in and play their hearts out. Rivaldo dishing out dream passes to AJ and Kolkka, setting up Watson for a booming shot or most importantly providing a free kick threat that still goes almost unparallelled in football are always necessary assets. And all of them are also qualities that Palace lack so dearly.

On a half year deal with an option to extend if Palace stay up. Here's to hopin'!

Pikie Punisher
24-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Harbin + Boxing + Swimming

With a bit of diving whilst he's at the swimming pool.