28-12-2004, 04:56 PM
what a fight well done palace and dowie a mega point agaist the spurs

aj we love you

CPFC Town
28-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Great Result!

kolinkins
28-12-2004, 04:58 PM
More than the result was the performance.

I am looking forward to the ratings of the people that were there. Sounds like we played well.

humpo
28-12-2004, 05:01 PM
listened on the radio, sounde like Kiarly had another blinder between the sticks

kolinkins
28-12-2004, 05:03 PM
But, for a change, also seems like Robinson had a blinder for them

AJ
28-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Palace had at least 11 shots today...quite a change....

Well done lads....

PalaceFan in Alabama
28-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Only just got back from a full medical check up (have one every six months), two great results in one day :p :)

Bounce back
28-12-2004, 05:11 PM
fulhams a big game now beat them and we go above them

maestro
On the bbc report said we should have been 3 up by halftime, with a new striker and midfielder i think we'll be able to start getting results.

Sounds like we matched them apart from 20 mins at the start of the 2nd half

CPFC Town
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
Only just got back from a full medical check up (have one every six months), two great results in one day :p :)

Glad the check up went well :)

skorpie
28-12-2004, 05:13 PM
yeah well done the point was deserved

Farnboro' Eagle
just thinking back to the cup game last year against them - shows how far we've come as we were played off the park that day

Bounce back
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama

hope they had warm hands;)

pleased it went well

CPFC Town
28-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Farnboro' Eagle
just thinking back to the cup game last year against them - shows how far we've come as we were played off the park that day

Was just around a year ago aswell. Intresting to see how things have changed at the Palace!

strawberry mivi
28-12-2004, 05:15 PM
was expecting another 3-0 tonking,
whey hey,
1-1 almost as good as a win!!!!!!!!

cpfc4ever
28-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Could it be Dean ashton to palace! (I hope so)

(a bit of topic, but referig to the previous point about picking up points!

maestro
28-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Andy Johnson Interviewed on BBC, said there dissapointed not to get the win, praised soares who said linked up with him well and also Torghelle

greybot
28-12-2004, 05:17 PM
AJ just spoke on BBC1. Said disappointed they didn't win but looking forward to Fulham now. Pleased however with the point

maestro
28-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Liverpool winning 1-0!

firesign
28-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Fulham are going DOWN.

forsells no1 fan
28-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Couldnt see that coming....well done boys:lux:

PalaceFan in Alabama
28-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Great comments on BBC about our beloved team :p

Thanks for the comments, need to keep having good results on the pitch and from a medical point of view :p

cpfc4ever
28-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Need them to do us a favor come on Liverpool!

Sick Bucket
28-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Talking about Sorondo on the radio, I agree he looks very good from what Ive seen. I think out of WBA, Norwich, Southampton and ourselves we are very possibly the better side, if we manage to stay up that will a bigger miracle than last season.

daz_eagle
28-12-2004, 05:22 PM
brilliant stuff. well done palace!!!!!!!

out of the bottom 3 at the turn of the new year - superb.

daz_eagle
28-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
I think out of WBA, Norwich, Southampton and ourselves we are very possibly the better side

i agree, and that's the most important thing this yr.

BW_Palace
28-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Yep, and Soton are now 1-0 down.

CPFC Town
28-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Well think if our run in the Divison 1 last year. If we produced what we did in the second half of the season in the first we would i belive truly won it easily and out right.

But Cardiff was a special day it cant be forgotten :)

Dzsedzs
28-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Well done boys. Lucky those who could see the game. Oh, God, how I wished not to go to work today. Anyway, with this point the work goes much better. :p.

Palace, the greatest !:love:

Steve in Phoenix
28-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Southampton are *very* experienced and have avoided relegation successfully for years now. Fitz wasnt good enough for them but is one of our stars. I wouldnt say we're better.

wedgetail
28-12-2004, 05:39 PM
One size was their best defender, not picking him was why they struggled last year and are poor this year.

Jay_Palace
28-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Steve in Phoenix
Southampton are *very* experienced and have avoided relegation successfully for years now. Fitz wasnt good enough for them but is one of our stars. I wouldnt say we're better.

I think their luck will run out this season, however.

They are mediocre, and had it not been for James Beattie (who is off in January) they would be a nothing club in the championship by now.

Marc
28-12-2004, 05:49 PM

Cicumstantial evidence, m'lord.

Farnboro' Eagle
28-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Southampton are *very* experienced and have avoided relegation successfully for years now.

But they haven't been in a relegation fight for a few seasons now... plus they look terrible. My old man's a Saints fan and he reckons it's some of the worst he's seen in a long long time

spt1978
28-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I think their luck will run out this season, however.

They are mediocre, and had it not been for James Beattie (who is off in January) they would be a nothing club in the championship by now.

Redknapps confirmed they have had two bids for Beattie on Sky Sports, hopefully they will have trouble with the transfer market like we had at the start of the season when they try and spend the 6m they get for him.

Jay_Palace
28-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by spt1978
Redknapps confirmed they have had two bids for Beattie on Sky Sports, hopefully they will have trouble with the transfer market like we had at the start of the season when they try and spend the 6m they get for him.

I doubt that Redknapp would get all of the 6 million from the Beattie sale to spend, and even if he did, every club would be aware of it and would have him over a barrel.

m355y
28-12-2004, 05:56 PM
sounded like you did well. Was delighted to see you up to 17th again. And Leeds won again, capping off a nice day. It sounded like you had a very good performance today.

Jay_Palace
28-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by m355y
sounded like you did well. Was delighted to see you up to 17th again. And Leeds won again, capping off a nice day. It sounded like you had a very good performance today.

Yeah,well done on your win, looks like you lot may have turned the corner, with your decent recent form.

m355y
28-12-2004, 06:01 PM
fingers crossed.:D

Oisin
28-12-2004, 06:06 PM
On the train home now. We played well. Sandy coming on turned the game our way as it gave their defence something new to think about. He looked sharp.

forsells no1 fan
28-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Oisin
On the train home now. We played well. Sandy coming on turned the game our way as it gave their defence something new to think about. He looked sharp.

Sounds good i prefer to hear he looked sharp rather than 'like a thug';)

Essexeagle
28-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Nice to hear that he dusted himself off and stuck to the task of playing football after his initial trip to the floor as well. Sounds like Spurs struggled to cope with us changing tactics a little.

celery stick
28-12-2004, 06:25 PM
FT
Scousers 1 Saints 0

Eagle 2000
28-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
I think out of WBA, Norwich, Southampton and ourselves we are very possibly the better side...

If not the best

nottsunieagle
28-12-2004, 06:32 PM
isn't it amazing what a point does for the optimism on the bbs?!

zonin2000
28-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Southampton are *very* experienced and have avoided relegation successfully for years now.

But they haven't been in a relegation fight for a few seasons now... plus they look terrible. My old man's a Saints fan and he reckons it's some of the worst he's seen in a long long time

Correct Farnboro', not many of Southampton's current playing staff will have been in a relegation fight before.

And nottsunieagle- not only a point, but a very good performance.

Dzsedzs
28-12-2004, 06:42 PM

I'm glad he looked all right. Hopefully, this is gonna be his turning point when he'll make the opponents' defence turn into whimpering chickens, within the rules of course :D.

Eagle 2000
28-12-2004, 06:43 PM
This was the best we have played for two months. We stroked the ball about with confidence throughout the first half, and always looked likely to cause problems. The changes clearly did us good, with Lakis frequently opening the game for us, and Butterfield's passing ability (a couple of real cross-field beauties) giving us the confidence to build from the back more often. Soares, too, did well in midfield, we looked a solid Premiership oufit all round.

The first half was very even, though Kanoute and Defoe always threatened. The ball was all-too-often played over the top to Kanoute who won most things in the air and held it up very well. Still, the 0-0 at half time did not flatter Palace, who had the ball in the net only for it to be given offside.

Mendes came on for Spurs in the second half and that changes the game immediately. For 20 minutes Spurs dominated and our passing once again became ragged - we looked panicky and unsure of ourselves. Wayne continued to give the ball away cheaply, and even Butts' composure was shaken. Defoe's goal was a wonderful shot from the edge of the box that went in off the post.

Then Dowie made his change, bringing on Torghelle for Wayne. Immediately we looked threatening once again, with Sandor holding the ball up well and looking pretty competent on the ground too. As the game went on I felt sure we were going to score - and of course we did - with AJ's softish shot from the edge of the box beating the Spurs defence and going in at the far post.

We finished strongly, and I felt would have been the likelier of the two teams to score had the game continued.

Well done ID for making the team changes that were necessary, and for changing things around early enough to make a difference.

Against Fulham I'd like to see more of the same, though I do think Wayne needs a rest - perhaps he should have a day off. Somehow I felt more confident in the team without him on the pitch.

Hard to pick a MoM from Palace - Sorondo was very solid at the back, AJ got the goal - it was just a very solid team performance all round.

The only thing I really don't understand is - why did Dowie ignore Danny B for so long?

Well done boys.

DocSavage
28-12-2004, 06:51 PM
excellent display, should have been 4 0 up first half and were resolute in second

Victory at Fulham will turn the corner!!!

Kevan Woz Awful
28-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I doubt that Redknapp would get all of the 6 million from the Beattie sale to spend, and even if he did, every club would be aware of it and would have him over a barrel.

To be fair, 'Arry is a master wheeler dealer and I doubt he'll have any trouble at all in attracting players to his cause (unlike us).
Plus, no side of 'Arry's has ever been relegated, and I don't think that Southampton will be his first.

I'm sticking with my original prediction that Fulham will be in amongst it at the end of the season.

Pikie Punisher
28-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by firesign
Fulham are going DOWN.

Yeah, and lets all help them on their way on Saturday, BIG NOISE, BIG PERFORMANCE, GET AT EM PALACE :bash: :bash: !!!!

Lion
28-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 2000

The only thing I really don't understand is - why did Dowie ignore Danny B for so long?

Wasn't he injured / not match fit for quite some time?

DANCOO
28-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease MOTD, give us more than a couple of lousy minutes.

palace & proud
28-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Lion

Correct.:p

Eagle 2000
28-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Lion

He was in the early part of the season, but he was fully match fit by October

gkp
28-12-2004, 07:07 PM
just got back...why cant we play like that at home :bash:

Thedane
28-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the round up Eagle 2000. Haven't read the official match reports yet. Listened to the first half on the net at work, had to go home at half time and shop with the missus for the rest of the match - absolutely great :clown:

From what I heard, it sounded as if we were a whole different side and were able to sting more than two passes together and actually play very well.

I think two of the reasons could be
- Spurs playing their own game (believing in their own strength), and thus giving us more room to play ours - not just like the teams who had obviously been studying us well and closed us up like Charlton and Portsmouth.
- the changes in line-up, Butterfield and Soares.

I do rate Boyce and Watson, but we needed some fresh players with fresh ideas coming in. Butterfield is a better passer of the ball than Boyce, and Soares is more attack-minded than Watson and thus supply more support to AJ.

In general I think we need to rotate players a little more in future, not to wear esp. the younger players out. In my opinion we do have a squad large and good enough for this.

Now for Fulham :lux:

bunghole
28-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Just finished watching the match on delay down here. Fantastic performance especially in the 1st half when we could've easily been 2 up.

More displays like this and we'll definitely stay up. :p

palace & proud
28-12-2004, 07:28 PM
What a great Result :D We could of easy had the game wrapped up in the 1st half with all the chances we had.I was Impressed with once Torghelle entered field of play.as his 1st touch of the ball layed AJ on.

I think we should stick with the team what played Second half once Routledge went off, and play 4-4-2 against Fulham :D

Well Done Boys :lux:

mojoeagle
28-12-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm Proud to be Palace today excellent team spirit shown.
I hate to say it, we looked such a better team once Routledge got subbed. Aj took his goal brilliantly. Sorondo is a collosus at the back and he can run with the ball from defence.

oldeagle
28-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by gkp
just got back...why cant we play like that at home :bash:

I know, I know!! Please someone tell me:sob:

Palaceboy222
28-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Even more supprising than our great performance was we sang 'BBA' and didnt lose!!

cpfcben
28-12-2004, 09:58 PM
ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES OF THE SEASON. IT'S A SHAME WE COULDN'T TAKE ALL THREE.

lightweight
28-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Great performance - how were hadn't scored at least 1 goal in the first half I don't know. If we'd come away with nothing it would have been a travesty.

Tomo
28-12-2004, 10:10 PM
The BBS does make me laugh, what 1 point can do is fascinating.

Duffle Coat
28-12-2004, 10:27 PM

I like Sandy:)

Chris Finch
28-12-2004, 10:33 PM
WE HAVE TO PLAY A 4-4-2 IN THE SECOND HALF EVERY WEEK. TORGHELLE INJECTED SOME MUCH NEEDED AGGRESSION, OUR LUCK HOWEVER HAS TO CHANGE!
IF WE ARE GOING TO STAY UP, EVERY "CHANCE" HAS TO GO IN!
(SORRY FOR SHOUTING)