PDA

View Full Version : We're not good enough for the Prem

Marc
28-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Will people please stop saying that, just reading the reactions from the pompey game it keeps cropping up. Pompey, Charlton, Bolton, Arsenal, Liverpool, we've competed against all of these teams and a quick look at the stats from today against Spurs and you'll see we had as much posession and almost as many shots. Plus the score was 1-1. This league is not bigger than us and there is an awful lot of mediocrity around the middle of the table. Portsmouth looked rubbish and it was well within our ability to take something from that game. The fact that we didn't doesn't mean that we can't compete in this league. It's just so completely over-the-top to say so and it's getting on my tits. Thanks :)

richdeniro
28-12-2004, 05:39 PM
We're fourth from bottom.

At this stage of the building of the club that is good enough for me.

CPFC Town
28-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Halfway through the season now. This is where we need to finish or higher .. whats wrong with it :)

wedgetail
28-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Yesterday we were 18th and not good enough for the premiership, today we are 17th and suddenly we are good enough.

Jules
28-12-2004, 05:47 PM
The way we're playing at home, we're not good enough for the Premiership. Away, we're doing ok, but that won't be enough.

We need to move to 4-4-2, because I can't see us winning otherwise.

Marc
28-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jules
The way we're playing at home, we're not good enough for the Premiership. Away, we're doing ok, but that won't be enough.

I agree with the 4-4-2 thing, but that doesn't mean this league is too good for us! People are acting like we can't compete on any level or something. Hyped up madness.

Jay_Palace
28-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jules

We're currently 4th bottom, even though we've played shite at home lately, and those below us show no signs of improvement.

I think that there are certainly 3 teams worse than ourselves this season and that means we will stay up.

CPFC Town
28-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Just look at Brum now a few wins and your up there lets hope we can produce!

m355y
28-12-2004, 06:04 PM
you're more than good enough. Not everyone can be Arsenal. And with moving out of the bottom three you guys have a lot to be positive about for next year, on top of everything it's a very low scoring season at the bottom, and if you stay up you can only get stronger.

Lion
28-12-2004, 06:15 PM
I agree Marc. These boards can be frustrating when you visit the GPD forum, there are so many people moaning about not being good enough, and idiots starting threads like "Fitz Hall isn't good enough for the Prem". At the end of the day, we are here though merit and we should give it our best try to stay up.

We can't afford to spend a fortune, so let's give it all we've got and hope that the fans start getting behind the team. I heard some fans boo at the end of the Pompey game - people like that should be ashamed of themselves.

Saying all this, everyone has different asperations - we need to stay up this year, and i'll be happy if we can do that, even if it's just on goal difference - it will take time to develop the club into a team with premiership playing standards and ground standards.

zonin2000
28-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by wedgetail
Yesterday we were 18th and not good enough for the premiership, today we are 17th and suddenly we are good enough.

Well, at the end of the season that would be the case, right?

:)

Mojo Jojo
28-12-2004, 06:48 PM
On the coach on the way home from Cardiff, I thought that if we finish fourth from bottom or better it would be amazing. Mainly i wanted to enjoy the season for what it is, a chance to prove ourselves, and to see how we fare against all opposing teams.

I still feel that way - did yesterday, and will tomorrow.