PDA

View Full Version : Torghelle dives again! (clip)


Bentex
28-12-2004, 07:08 PM
I canot defend him anymore.
good player but he's not gonna win any friends doing this!

www.bentex.co.uk/magyarfoci/Torghelle_Dive.wmv

daz_eagle
28-12-2004, 07:12 PM
hahah that was an awful attempt.

go on sandor!!!!!

Stigma
28-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Disgraceful behavior again..:hmph:

Lion
28-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Here we go again..

daz_eagle
28-12-2004, 07:12 PM
he was pushed in the back, but then he blatantly dived. trouble is, refs won't give a free kick unless a player falls over.

se1eagle
28-12-2004, 07:13 PM
i actually find it amusing now - we should call him jurgen.. he did however add the strength that we needed against spurs - i don't think he's the one but we need someone *like* him

MATTY THE EAGLE
28-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Mad website!!

Have you got any footage of the AJ goal?

skorpie
28-12-2004, 07:14 PM
he'll become an idol of swimmers :o

limited_edition
28-12-2004, 07:15 PM
That dive gets a 6.0 score from me.

CPFC Town
28-12-2004, 07:16 PM
funny.. but not needed. He will learn.

Bentex
28-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by MATTY THE EAGLE
Mad website!!

Have you got any footage of the AJ goal?

no but I have Kirįly's saves and another pen claim here (http://www.bentex.co.uk/magyarfoci/Kiraly_Vs_Spurs_By_Bentex.wmv)

skorpie
28-12-2004, 07:16 PM
lol that surpised look is amusing

Clapham Grand
28-12-2004, 07:18 PM
to be fair I thought it was a pen at the time. You will be pleased to hear he played very well!

cranesparkeagle
28-12-2004, 07:21 PM
The AJ one looked a foul, whether in box or out I couldnt tell.

DANCOO
28-12-2004, 07:25 PM
"Error loading Codec" on both clips.

CPFC Town
28-12-2004, 07:26 PM
What a save by kiraly when defoe hit the post.

limited_edition
28-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Bentex
no but I have Kirįly's saves and another pen claim here (http://www.bentex.co.uk/magyarfoci/Kiraly_Vs_Spurs_By_Bentex.wmv) Some fantastic long throws by Gabor. One in particular to Sandor, who chested it down, turned and played an intelligent through ball to AJ, who was fouled. Nothing was given of course. I'm convinced Sandor can be a decent footballer if he cuts out the diving and amateur dramatics.

skorpie
28-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Some fantastic long throws by Gabor. One in particular to Sandor, who chested it down, turned and played an intelligent through ball to AJ, who was fouled. Nothing was given of course. I'm convinced Sandor can be a decent footballer if he cuts out the diving and amateur dramatics.

Sandor seems to chest down every long ball instead of heading them I've heard about 3 times in 2 minutes in the radio that he chested balls down.

BLUE BOY
28-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Looked like the AJ trip should have been a pen.

Ruskin Old Boy
28-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by skorpie
Sandor seems to chest down every long ball instead of heading them I've heard about 3 times in 2 minutes in the radio that he chested balls down.

Skorpie, some of these so-called embarrassed Palace fans have never seen anyone take a dive before.

Clearly they haven't seen AJ, Dougie in action; let alone Michael Owen, Jurgen Klinsmann, Francis Lee, and thousands more. Sandor's a bit naive and gets caught out but he'll learn. He wouldn't have been on the bench or played today if Iain Dowie didn't have faith in him.

Ignore the doom-mongers :p

elliott
28-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I actually think that Sandor has his ankle trodden on, which would probably make you fall over as you are leaning forward.

Although it is a bit excessive

trufan
28-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I don't condone diving, but it must be said that Sandor was being pushed in the back before he went over. Had he gone down at that point, he might have had a shout (although probably not with Uriah "Spuz fan" Rennie in charge). :hmph: Trouble is, it seemed to take him too long to react to the challenge!

Can confirm, though, that he did play very well. :p

palace & proud
28-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by cranesparkeagle
The AJ one looked a foul, whether in box or out I couldnt tell.

What a shite REF :veryangry.Shouldnt be allowed to ref in the Premiership -Disgraceful.:bash:

lordanton
28-12-2004, 07:36 PM
I am a big fan of Sandor. I think he can really make it and if he reduces the uneccessary and doesn't over act of the fair ones then he can be a real Palace character. Would have been brillaint against Pompey. We got pushed off the ball far too much - and it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that to Sandor. He looked good when we lost 3-1 to them...and i bet AJ loves playing upfron with him.

skorpie
28-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Skorpie, some of these so-called embarrassed Palace fans have never seen anyone take a dive before.



Actually I haven't seen Sandor diving that much before as he does at Palace, he never does that in the NT... I mean he did that once, he came in last minute as a sub and dived for a penalty which was given and we won 3-2 against Japan with that one so we didn't really have complaints...

BaldEagle96
28-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Definate pen in my opinion and did not look a dive by Sandor at the time and still don't think it is a blatant one now either having seen this clip!!

limited_edition
28-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by skorpie
Sandor seems to chest down every long ball instead of heading them I've heard about 3 times in 2 minutes in the radio that he chested balls down. Don't knock it. He chested the ball down then superbly cracked it in the net v Charlton in the cup game. :p

eagles #1
28-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Thankfully my wish of Sandor and AJ partenership was answered. We looked so much better when Sandor came on and he can actually hold the ball up!

skorpie
28-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
and i bet AJ loves playing upfron with him.

in the 3 matches I've seen them play together they didn't seem to understand each other very well but I think that by now Dowie has sorted out this problem, see Sandor's first touch which could have led to a penalty.

skorpie
28-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Don't knock it. He chested the ball down then superbly cracked it in the net v Charlton in the cup game. :p

seen that too, it's on Bentex's website :p

BW_Palace
28-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Sandor's fouled but he definitely made a meal of it IMO.

Freddy Kurz
28-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by CPFC Town
funny.. but not needed. He will learn.

Learn? That is where I'm afraid you're gravely mistaken! This guy
even dives regularly in Reserve games and is continually getting booked
and red-carded. The reason Dowie can't start him in a Premier League
game is because all of our opponents, knowing his habitual propensity
to do the "dying swan" for the flimsiest of pretexts will "arrange" for
him to get an "early bath" long before half-time conveniently reducing
us to to a man short long before half-time!
Pity too because his personality flaw apart, he could be a very useful
target-man, which is why our manager signed him in the first place.
Wonder whether a session with a good sports psychologist might help?
That or a hefty £10k fine for every time he tries to emulate Pavlova!

skorpie
28-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
Sandor's fouled but he definitely made a meal of it IMO.

actually every player tend to do that when they are in the penalty area

palace & proud
28-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Thankfully my wish of Sandor and AJ partenership was answered. We looked so much better when Sandor came on and he can actually hold the ball up!


I make you 100% Right -that could be the turning point by playing 4-4-2 ;)

Ruskin Old Boy
28-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by BaldEagle96
Definate pen in my opinion and did not look a dive by Sandor at the time and still don't think it is a blatant one now either having seen this clip!!

Cheers BE; when you, Trufan, Clapham and others who were there confirm that I think it's about time that the Sandor knockers dived into the shallow end to leave ID decide who's in and who's out - or in the shallow end.

mojoeagle
28-12-2004, 07:49 PM
After watching it a few times I DON't think he dived.
There was definetly contact on his ankle as he went down.

zonin2000
28-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Nice work Bentex - do you have a clip of our goal?

eagles #1
28-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Learn? That is where I'm afraid you're gravely mistaken! This guy
even dives regularly in Reserve games and is continually getting booked
and red-carded. The reason Dowie can't start him in a Premier League
game is because all of our opponents, knowing his habitual propensity
to do the "dying swan" for the flimsiest of pretexts will "arrange" for
him to get an "early bath" long before half-time conveniently reducing
us to to a man short long before half-time!
Pity too because his personality flaw apart, he could be a very useful
target-man, which is why our manager signed him in the first place.
Wonder whether a session with a good sports psychologist might help?
That or a hefty £10k fine for every time he tries to emulate Pavlova! Are you Trolley in disquise? ;)

palace & proud
28-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mojoeagle
After watching it a few times I DON't think he dived.
There was definetly contact on his ankle as he went down.

Have you been Drinking Dom :rolleyes: Blatant Dive no doubt about it!

mojoeagle
28-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by palace & proud
Have you been Drinking Dom :rolleyes: Blatant Dive no doubt about it!

No sober as a judge. But I must admit i have watched it 10 times now to get that conclusion. ;)

ANDYEAGLE
28-12-2004, 08:03 PM
It wasnt a very good attempt at a dive I am sure he will do better next time maybe Aj can give him a few lessons in training like most strikers he is good at it.
To be honest Skorpie I think his diving has been exagarated and he has not done it much. I certainly have not seen him diving in the recent reserve games, diving on top of people and wrestling them into submission maybe hes good at that. Hardly see the ocassional dive as a problem just the technique needs work.

Freddy Kurz
28-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by skorpie
actually every player tend to do that when they are in the penalty area

I admire your patriotic loyalty on behalf of your countryman skorpie,
but you would do him, Dowie and CPFC an even bigger favour if you
tried to persuade him that a continuation of such antics are likely
to jeopardise his chances of ever holding down a regular place in
the first-team. There are usually adequate opportunities
for attacking players to claim genuine penalty decisions during an
average Premier League season without resorting to the art of
subterfuge.

maestro
28-12-2004, 08:08 PM
It would have been much better id he'd have just let himself fall over rather than throw himself to the ground, saying that he's in a great position to lay the ball off there

ANDYEAGLE
28-12-2004, 08:10 PM
I am sure Dowie does not mind the dive Freddy its always been there as you know especially around the penalty area. Dowie is more concerned if someone feigns injury that is different. Dowie should teach him to do it probably and is probably working on it.

we_8_brighton
28-12-2004, 08:12 PM
He was good today, made a difference when coming on

Cpa1f6
28-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Maybe a bit ott but i think it was a def foul if you look likes like his ankle was trooden on (or hit) ...there was a light push but nothing much.....def foul but wont b given as looked like a dive and no tackle

Gooders
28-12-2004, 08:19 PM
He was pushed twice and tripped. How you can call that a dive is beyond me. Do yourself a favour - watch the clip again and just look at the feet of the players.

Freddy Kurz
28-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Are you Trolley in disquise? ;)

Don't let my correct use of inverted commas deceive you!
Have been on Sandor's case for several weeks not only to
urge him to cut out some of his more blatent diving, but
guard aainst his short-fuse and lack of self-discipline
which have got himself into trouble with match-officials
in a number of reserve and first-team games.
I understand he has recently shown much greater self-
control in reserve games which is to be applauded,
because he is the kind of player capable of
providing AJ with the kind of physical and tactical
support given so effectively by Shipperley last season.

Palaceboy222
28-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Sandor made the difference when he came on, he needs to start at home in a 4-4-2,

Ruskin Old Boy
28-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Sorry Freddy - I think that you've moved into the minority; you're not the only one on his case and the biggest is ID. Sandor wouldn't have been on the pitch, let alone the bench, if ID doesn't have faith in him. Fingers crossed he does make more appearances.

lordanton
28-12-2004, 08:30 PM
We have only played 4-4-2 with Sandor at home once, against Man City. At that point Kolkka hadn't settled and the midfield was poor - especially with Hall in it. Sorondo wasn't inplace of Poor Popo either, so i think its definately worth a crack against Villa.

Benzhiyi
28-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Watch it again.

Gardner tugs his shirt twice.

That's a penalty.

Had it been AJ (who fell over theatrically at least three times today), none of you would be complaining...

Double standards on the BBS?

NEVER!!!

Freddy Kurz
28-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
I am sure Dowie does not mind the dive Freddy its always been there as you know especially around the penalty area. Dowie is more concerned if someone feigns injury that is different. Dowie should teach him to do it probably and is probably working on it.

Don't see "diving" as a moral issue ANDYEAGLE only it's habitual and
blatent use without finesse. Feigning injury is something no self-
respecting professional and member of the PFA should ever indulge
in. Needs outlawing from the game. Sandor should also work on his self-control and cut out the ground-wrestling!

Skid Row
28-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Sandor was slightly clipped from behind but made the most of the contact.

It wasnt a penalty for Johnson as it was outside the box. Definetly a foul though.

We did look much better with a Sandor as a target man. Gabor hit him on the chest with every goal kick. He must start against Fulham.

RDSdaEAGLE
28-12-2004, 08:43 PM
That WAS a penalty.

He was tripped. And had his shirt tugged.

Perhaps he shouldn't have flailed his arms in the way he did...but it was still a legitimate foul.

Ruskin Old Boy
28-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
but it was still a legitimate foul.

Narrr, no such thing:D (unless it's by Fitz ;) )

HARRY MONK
28-12-2004, 08:57 PM
sandor was brilliant when he came on. i am convinced him with aj will be brilliant.

Justin
28-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Sandor made the difference today.

.

Gooders
28-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Did Rennie book him?

Because if he didn't, then he is clearly as much of a bottler of the big decisions as I've always thought him.

There were only two ways that incident could be interpreted - a foul (and a penalty) or a dive (and a booking). If he didn't book Sandor, then I'd love to hear him explain what he thought happened.

zonin2000
28-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
legitimate foul.

:)

palace & proud
28-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Did Rennie book him?




Nope Good thing really!:lux:

Londinium South
28-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Look at the footage again very carefully. He is pushed forward on the back of the neck and loses his balance as the back of his heel is caught accidentally by the defender. No malicious intent on either side, in my opinion.

Sussex Eagle
28-12-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm just pleased that he's to an extent proven me wrong today (I felt he was probably 'one for the future') and looks like he is well capable of partnering AJ in the here and now.

mojoeagle
28-12-2004, 10:46 PM
.

ANDYEAGLE
28-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Don't see "diving" as a moral issue ANDYEAGLE only it's habitual and
blatent use without finesse. Feigning injury is something no self-
respecting professional and member of the PFA should ever indulge
in. Needs outlawing from the game. Sandor should also work on his self-control and cut out the ground-wrestling!

As you say Freddy every self respecting professional would like to see feigning cut out. Apart form the debatable incident in the blackburn game I dont see Sandor as the type who is likely to feign injury. As you well know feigning injury really didnt exist untill the influx of the foreign players into the English leaque, something we all hate.
If you have seen the last two reserve games which I think you have you would agree that Sandors discipline has somewhat improved already.At least he has cut out the wrestling,first time I have seen anyone do that. As for the dive in the clip it is a obvious dive but I still cant tell if he was fouled or not, shows how difficult it is for the ref.

PalaceFan in Alabama
28-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Skorpie, some of these so-called embarrassed Palace fans have never seen anyone take a dive before.

Clearly they haven't seen AJ, Dougie in action; let alone Michael Owen, Jurgen Klinsmann, Francis Lee, and thousands more. Sandor's a bit naive and gets caught out but he'll learn. He wouldn't have been on the bench or played today if Iain Dowie didn't have faith in him.

Ignore the doom-mongers :p

Very well put Mr. ROB :p

PalaceFan in Alabama
28-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Have been on Sandor's case for several weeks not only to
urge him to cut out some of his more blatent diving, but
guard aainst his short-fuse and lack of self-discipline
which have got himself into trouble with match-officials
in a number of reserve and first-team games.
I understand he has recently shown much greater self-
control in reserve games which is to be applauded,
because he is the kind of player capable of
providing AJ with the kind of physical and tactical
support given so effectively by Shipperley last season.

So just because you have been on his case, you deem yourself an expert. Maybe you should try looking beyond your dislike of this player.

PalaceFan in Alabama
28-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Not being the expert that some on here claim to be. The Spurs player had his arms up and I think that is why no penalty was given, but there was contact, look at the Spurs player clip Torghelle prior to the dive, which may not have helped his case in the mind of a Referee who was as bad as this Referee appears to have been.

lordanton
28-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
We have only played 4-4-2 with Sandor at home once, against Man City. At that point Kolkka hadn't settled and the midfield was poor - especially with Hall in it. Sorondo wasn't inplace of Poor Popo either, so i think its definately worth a crack against Villa.

Just thought having read Skid Row's post. Kiraly's distribution of the ball is far superior to Speroni's and so that makes Sandor even more effective.

The Vicar
28-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Bentex
I canot defend him anymore.
good player but he's not gonna win any friends doing this!

www.bentex.co.uk/magyarfoci/Torghelle_Dive.wmv

Just saw it...the Spurs player may have clipped his heels.

The Vicar
28-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Did Rennie book him?

Because if he didn't, then he is clearly as much of a bottler of the big decisions as I've always thought him.

There were only two ways that incident could be interpreted - a foul (and a penalty) or a dive (and a booking). If he didn't book Sandor, then I'd love to hear him explain what he thought happened.

Quite right. We haven't had a good ref for a couple of matches now.

The Vicar
28-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Londinium South
Look at the footage again very carefully. He is pushed forward on the back of the next and loses his blanace as the back of his heel is caught accidentally by the defender. No malicious intent on either side, in my opinion.

True, but if he is clipped or pushed...even accidently...by the defender causing him to fall over, it's a penalty. There are many fouls/free kicks/penalties that are given regardless of whether the foul is intentional or not.

johnbush
28-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Apostrophe alert!
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Don't see "diving" as a moral issue ANDYEAGLE only it's habitual and
blatent use without finesse.
(And those aren't inverted commas - Trolley's speciality - they're quotation marks.)

Londinium South
29-12-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by The Vicar
True, but if he is clipped or pushed...even accidently...by the defender causing him to fall over, it's a penalty. There are many fouls/free kicks/penalties that are given regardless of whether the foul is intentional or not.

Exactly. It sounds harsh, but it is actually a penalty.

mik59
29-12-2004, 12:51 AM
Indeed. The fact that he Sandy threw his arms out and appeared to fling himself shouldn't matter. darned sight more contact than Granville had against Fletcher in the game against manure.

kolinkins
29-12-2004, 01:34 AM
It was a pen. And he was fouled. His falls looks dramatic because of the way he was falling - it is a normal human body afterall. The way he fell made the fall look akward and dramatic. Not intention to dive.

TrevorWel
29-12-2004, 01:48 AM
It was a shameful dive.

We do not need/want a cheat.

griggs
29-12-2004, 02:42 AM
Looked at it several times now, probably one of the most deserving of Torghelle's err, "ventures" into the penatly box. He definatley has his ankles taken away.

ItalianEagle
29-12-2004, 03:04 AM
Ok, I know I will go against the run of discussion, but Spurs defender clearly touched the left foot of Torghelle and stop it on the ground and then touched his right foot. The fall of Sandor was the natural consequence.
It's the wrong episode to make him guilty, IMO.

Come on Palace :p

ItalianEagle
29-12-2004, 03:04 AM
Ok, I know I will go against the run of discussion, but Spurs defender clearly touched the left foot of Torghelle and stop it on the ground and then touched his right foot. The fall of Sandor was the natural consequence.
It's the wrong episode to make him guilty, IMO.

Come on Palace :p

Swoop25
29-12-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by TrevorWel
It was a shameful dive.

We do not need/want a cheat.

bollox. get off his back.
his shirt was pulled and then the spurs defender clips his heel causing him to tumble.
imo it was a penalty.

SE25 exile
29-12-2004, 07:27 AM
Whether or not contact was actually made, his body movement (easily seen in slow motion) showed a high acting ability just prior to falling.

Walsh-Palace
29-12-2004, 07:41 AM
This subject is getting BORING about Sandor ! I think there is lot to come from this guy. Just like LAKIS not many people said he was good. but he had a great game yesterday.

mojoeagle
29-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by mojoeagle
definetly

Benzhiyi
29-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Can I just once more make the point that AJ DIVES ALL OVER THE PLACE yet none of you seem to have any problem with it...

... yet when Torghelle is tugged and kicked to the floor he is once more Palace enemy number one.

:S: :S: :S: :S:

DocSavage
29-12-2004, 11:20 AM
It was a filthy, sneaky tackle, case closed

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Can I just once more make the point that AJ DIVES ALL OVER THE PLACE yet none of you seem to have any problem with it...

... yet when Torghelle is tugged and kicked to the floor he is once more Palace enemy number one.

:S: :S: :S: :S:

Give it a rest Ben, AJ doesnt dive like Sandor does......Sandor makes a meal out of it, everytime, even Iain Dowie has said he dives!

dufski13
29-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Sandor might have made a meal of it, but he had every right to go to ground, he was without being fouled. Were we to ever get an even hand from the ref it would have been a pen. AJ does it alot, Wayne does it & Dougie has always done it. There is nopoint in us moaning about one of our players looking for penalties, every team we play against will do it to us, we must look after ourselves,take what we can & let others worry about it. The worst culprit I have seen in recent years was Michael Owen playing for Liverpool, or even big Emile Heskey @ Liverpool, both hit the floor unbelievably easily. sandor is just what we need at the moment , his presence helped divert attention a little from AJ & his physical presence is something we lack if he doesn't play.

dufski13
29-12-2004, 11:35 AM
oops meant to say he was without doubt being fouled, which clearly he was. looked at that clip again & there is a very obvious push in the back.

Santos-er
29-12-2004, 11:39 AM
He was fouled, no question. He tried to play on and realised he'd lost the ball, so fell over like a pillock. But If one of Sandor's "dives" results in a penalty at Charlton on the last day of the season that keeps us up, who will moan about it?

Van Horseface and Henry do it all the time - they are just more experienced and therefore better at it.

Tommy Pickle
29-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Agree with Benzihi, AJ does dive all over the place. He just seems to be much better at it.

Oryol
29-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Definitely not a dive. He was pushed, had his left leg impeded then was tripped on his right foot; there was no way he could keep his balance any longer. A penalty would have been given at Selhurst.

He also reacted professionally to a penalty not being awarded. I reckon he's aready cutting the theatrical bits out of his game.

bigend1
29-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Having not read most of this thread i'm sorry if just repeating others but, sandors dive a few weeks ago was shocking, really awfull! However after seeing the spurs one a few times i think sandor wasnt doing anything most top players dont try to do every game. He was looking for a pen, and techinically he prob should have got one as yes his shirt was being tugged. The problem i think with sandor is he really sucks at it. He over dramatised it and dived pathetically and made it look like such a piece of over acting there was no way it would be given. TBH if i was ref in that game i would have prob booked him and any palace players should have given him a slap cause the over acting was awful. But he needs a few lessons cause it is only things that most players in the prem do day in day out. But that 1st one was shocking!

Gooders
29-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Oryol
Definitely not a dive. He was pushed, had his left leg impeded then was tripped on his right foot; there was no way he could keep his balance any longer. A penalty would have been given at Selhurst.

He also reacted professionally to a penalty not being awarded. I reckon he's aready cutting the theatrical bits out of his game.

Well done Oryol, for seeing what all these young 'uns can't. I think they all expect him to topple forward like a bloke with no arms or something. :rolleyes:

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
Well done Oryol, for seeing what all these young 'uns can't. I think they all expect him to topple forward like a bloke with no arms or something. :rolleyes:

So he fell over in a normal fashion then?? There was lots of stumbling and trying to stay on his feet from what i saw?!? :hmph:

KennyB
29-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by bigend1
Having not read most of this thread i'm sorry if just repeating others but, sandors dive a few weeks ago was shocking, really awfull! However after seeing the spurs one a few times i think sandor wasnt doing anything most top players dont try to do every game. He was looking for a pen, and techinically he prob should have got one as yes his shirt was being tugged. The problem i think with sandor is he really sucks at it. He over dramatised it and dived pathetically and made it look like such a piece of over acting there was no way it would be given. TBH if i was ref in that game i would have prob booked him and any palace players should have given him a slap cause the over acting was awful. But he needs a few lessons cause it is only things that most players in the prem do day in day out. But that 1st one was shocking!

Good point, and I think Dowie should tell him:-

1. Overdramatics loses what possibility there was of a genuine penalty.

2. He is strong enough to ride out (most) of these type of tackles, and he would win more friends (and be picked more often) if he could channel his obvious strength and talent into staying on his feet and turning the lost cause into a chance. (A bit of a generalisation, but some good forwards just keep on going and going, and don't give up). Sandor can do it for us, but just cut out the exaggerated dives.

Benzhiyi
29-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Give it a rest Ben, AJ doesnt dive like Sandor does......Sandor makes a meal out of it, everytime, even Iain Dowie has said he dives!

Watch the video of the Charlton game where we were given a dubious penalty, and tell me AJ didn't 'make a meal' of that challenge.

Or watch the last two season review videos and note how many times we get penalties from a certain friend of yours making so many meals out of nothing challenges that he could feed a primary school.

I'll give my defending of Sandor on this issue a rest when you stop with the double standards for your favourites.

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Watch the video of the Charlton game where we were given a dubious penalty, and tell me AJ didn't 'make a meal' of that challenge.

Or watch the last two season review videos and note how many times we get penalties from a certain friend of yours making so many meals out of nothing challenges that he could feed a primary school.

I'll give my defending of Sandor on this issue a rest when you stop with the double standards for your favourites.

No double standards here, I have never seen AJ throw his body in such a stupid fashion as Sandor does, and i have never seen Dougie do it, they may have won penalties but have never performed a swan dive to do so. They dont put on the overdramatics. If it had of been Sandor and not AJ against Charlton i reckon he would have put his hands out in front of him and dived right into that deep end.

None of our current forwards go over as easily as Sandor, when he gets knocked he goes over, he is earning a reputation amongst fans and opposition players, why do you think such a big deal has been made out of it?! Even Dowie has said so!

strawberry mivi
29-12-2004, 06:20 PM
From reading all these posts it seems we have a minor problem with Sandor diving, but we also have the solution.
He needs training, from AJ, dougie etc just to make it less obvious.
That way everyone is pleased.
Any Sandor fouls in the box get a penalty which AJ then takes,
Palace get more points out of games and stay in the Premiership.

Its a win - win situation.
(they could practice during their swimming training)

Benzhiyi
29-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
None of our current forwards go over as easily as Sandor, when he gets knocked he goes over

Really?

King and Gardner were all over him on numerous occasions yesterday yet he only went down once. Completely goes against what you've written above.

And let me get this straight: you're basically saying that you're happy for AJ and Dougie to dive because when they do so, it doesn't look as melodramatic as when Sandor does?

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi


And let me get this straight: you're basically saying that you're happy for AJ and Dougie to dive because when they do so, it doesn't look as melodramatic as when Sandor does?

On occasion yes, every footballer does (including Sandor), Ive done it and im sure you have done it when playing, everyone can tell when someone makes a meal of a tackle, Ronaldo needs to cut it out more, Pires had to cut it out alot.....the overdramatic dive's lead to a greater chance of not awarding a penalty or free kick and the player earns a reputation, if a player gets his heels clipped ala Sandor yesterday, and makes an attempt to stay on his feet but goes down he is more likely to be awarded the decision than if he throws himself swan like towards the floor.

BTW do you really think AJ could have stayed on his feet against Charlton?