PDA

View Full Version : Need To Buy Some Height

Richwak
29-12-2004, 03:57 PM
In my opinion in the Janurary transfer window we desperatly need to buy some height. Our midfield is very short compared to other clubs in the league. Both Kolkka and Routledge are extremly short, Hughes, Watson and Aki are not exactly Goliath either. We also need a tall strong target man to help out AJ, someone with the same kind of presence as Shipps but more talented. Our substitute strikers are hardly tall and strong, Torghelle, Andrew, Freedman and Kaviedes all lacking that height and ability to hold the ball up well, Torghelle is the best out of what we have in my opinion. I think that maybe we could put Fitz Hall into the centre of midfield and bring back Popovic into the defence, this would add that extra strength to out 5 man midfield. Look at Everton, one of the main reasons they are doing so well is that they have Graveson who is the exact kind of player we need to be looking at.
So I think we need to be looking a players like Zamora (hate to say it), Crouch, Darren Bent and Ashton to partner out AJ and make his life slightly easier.

cpfc_spc1982
29-12-2004, 04:02 PM
definalty not hall into midfield.

Richwak
29-12-2004, 04:11 PM
When we started playing Hall in midfield I was very happy with the way he played, I think he would be far better that Hughes and Watson! Thats only my opion tho

CHE
29-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Richwak
When we started playing Hall in midfield I was very happy with the way he played, I think he would be far better that Hughes and Watson! Thats only my opion tho

You are ignoring the fact that he is the best centre half at the club.

Typical Palace
29-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by CHE
You are ignoring the fact that he is the best centre half at the club.

Fitz and Sorondo are the first choice pairing no question.