PDA

View Full Version : Eagles eye Djetou


Feather
30-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Martin Djetou's search for a new club continues as he is lined up to train with Crystal Palace next week.

The Frenchman has not been paid by Parma for several months and Fifa have granted him permission to move on a free transfer.

Wily Southampton boss Harry Redknapp took the opportunity to run the rule over the former Fulham loanee last week but Palace are also going to offer a trial to a player who can either perform a holding role in midfield or operate as a centre back.

Djetou is due to link up with Iain Dowie's Eagles on Tuesday and a final decision on his future will be taken before the end of next week.

The 30-year-old has also had contact with Nice and a move to Cote d'Azur cannot be discounted.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=246909

Tor
30-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Would be a great signing, imo. Great in the "anchor" role in defensive midfield. Muscles and brains.

davematt
30-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Saw him for Fulham a few years back and he's no better of what we have already got. Aki has become the first name on the team sheet every week, so he would only be coming in as a back up, unless Man Utd have come in for Aki as Roy Keane's natural replacement :D

gold76
30-12-2004, 11:23 AM
solid performer, gives us a chance to have a look at him, versatile too.

lordanton
30-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Feather

Wily Southampton boss Harry Redknapp took

:D

Ouzodan
30-12-2004, 11:49 AM
well he'll only cost wages definitely a useful player but cant see him getting ahead of Aki in the pecking order at the moment.

id rather have him in the squad than not have him though.

eagles #1
30-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Does that mean he's already on trial or he's going to be on trial as of next tuesday? :confused:

hakers
30-12-2004, 11:56 AM
The guy i work with is a fulham season ticket holder and has been for many years. He has said before that he was gutted that fulham couldn't sign him as he was one of his fav players there, always won headers, tackles etc.

Would def like to see him in squad

Cannon
30-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Is he the creative midfielder we need though?

zonin2000
30-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Destructive midfielder.

We need quality, anywhere on the park (except probably at right back).

SmithEagle
30-12-2004, 12:58 PM
http://www.martindjetou.com

AndyStreet
30-12-2004, 01:42 PM
He would be a vast improvement on Aki.

cpfc_spc1982
30-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Cannon
Is he the creative midfielder we need though?

no. solid player though.

hughsaaaay
30-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
He would be a vast improvement on Aki.

If thats true, and i can certainly believe it then I agree we should buy him. We definately need more strength in depth in the middle anyway as Hughes and Watson don't have it in them to play week and week out and we need better cover than Tom Soares - good young talent though he might be.

Tommy Pickle
30-12-2004, 04:11 PM
IMO the trail has as much to do with him judging our set up as it is us judging his ability. Rednapp will pay an agent everything it takes to secure a signing, IDs hands are tied when it comes to this. He's a decent player, if we do want him we have to hope Rednapp does not, otherwise i feel we will have a fight on our hands.

oldeagle
30-12-2004, 04:53 PM
How many holding midfield or centre back players do we need?

FFS lets get the creative midfielder and forward support AJ so obviously needs.

Scoot
30-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by oldeagle
How many holding midfield or centre back players do we need?

FFS lets get the creative midfielder and forward support AJ so obviously needs.
But have them out wide. We just need someone tall and good in the air to get on the end of crosses. Mind you Watson and Soures are pretty creative and will get better.

BLUE BOY
30-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Would do a good job for us imo.

James Melody
30-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Scoot
Mind you Watson and Soures are pretty creative and will get better.

And taller!

Watson and Soares are only young lads......I'd say they have another 2-3 years growing in them yet! :D

Jimbo ?
30-12-2004, 06:22 PM
A decent player but he wont make or break our season, the signings that will keep us up are a striker and or an attacking midfielder

nottsunieagle
30-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle
Rednapp will pay an agent everything it takes to secure a signing.

will he though? i'm pretty sure rupert lowe doesn't do agents fees, much like our SJ? can't see harry getting away with too much.

Stigma
30-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Think he would be a good signing for us..experienced..

lordanton
30-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Would be excellent in the middle if we can get those Inter boys in. Imagine a midfield choice of:

Djetou, Kolkka, Watson, Routledge, Lakis, Kily, Karagounis, Watson, Soares, Aki and Hughes. Impressive.

Pub Idol
30-12-2004, 08:24 PM
A very good player by my sources ( Fulham season ticket holders) Wins everything and is all over the place. Would be a 'Dowie type player' IMO.

Diamondeagle
30-12-2004, 09:17 PM
I don't know how goo he us but if he can pass as well as run around a lot a tackle he would be far better than AKI. Although I admire his passion for the game I believe one of the reasons we are so uncreative when we go forward is because AKI is such a poor footballer. Good midfielders have to be comfortable on the the ball, Aki looks like someone just threw him a hand grenade !

lordanton
30-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Aki has improved no end this season. His first touch is very good now, and he sets up goals...as recent as the Spurs game.

Got to have a special mention for the pass that set us on our way to our first victory.

Geezer
30-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
will he though? i'm pretty sure rupert lowe doesn't do agents fees, much like our SJ? can't see harry getting away with too much.

Spot on. It will be interesting how 'Arry gets on in the transfer market, I can't see Lowe putting up with his snidey signings.

mojoeagle
30-12-2004, 10:42 PM
I don't know much about him, but if you lot say he is better than aki then we should sign him up

Kirby
31-12-2004, 12:05 AM
It's just AndyStreet that's said that. He has a personal hatred for Aki :o

chelmsfordeagle
31-12-2004, 02:42 AM
Hope we sign him, he'll give us more options in midfield and as we will be paying wages only it'll allow more money to be used in finding a creative midfielder and striker. Gonzalez and ashton please......

ANDYEAGLE
31-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Says on Gossip column teletext bbc1 that ID is trying to hijack Rednapps bid for him. Go on Ian.

hernehilleagle
31-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Would be a very good signing - we need a few more options in midfield

Celestial Empire
31-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Geezer
Spot on. It will be interesting how 'Arry gets on in the transfer market, I can't see Lowe putting up with his snidey signings.

Not much point hiring him then, without his "wheeling/dealing", he doesn't have too much else to offer.

zonin2000
31-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Says on Gossip column teletext bbc1 that ID is trying to hijack Rednapps bid for him. Go on Ian.

What's ID going to tell Jamie Redknapp? "That 'Arry's an evil man, don't go an play for him, you'll never get along with him. Trust me, I've played for him, I know," ???

pedro
31-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
What's ID going to tell Jamie Redknapp? "That 'Arry's an evil man, don't go an play for him, you'll never get along with him. Trust me, I've played for him, I know," ???
Who mentioned Jamie Redknapp ?

Sussex Eagle
31-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
What's ID going to tell Jamie Redknapp? "That 'Arry's an evil man, don't go an play for him, you'll never get along with him. Trust me, I've played for him, I know," ???

:confused:

humpo
31-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Feather
The 30-year-old has also had contact with Nice and a move to Cote d'Azur cannot be discounted.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=246909


hmmm, the Cote d'Azur or norwood. i hope his decision is based purely on football reasons.

sunshine lucas
03-01-2005, 07:04 PM
... rumours that we've signed him on loan today.

Dartford Lad
03-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by sunshine lucas
... rumours that we've signed him on loan today.

It can't be a loan as he's a free agent.

EagleinOz
03-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by sunshine lucas
... rumours that we've signed him on loan today.

any chance of where these rumours came from?

honeysuckle
04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Palace chasing Djetou

By Site Staff
Date: 3/1/2005

French defender Martin Djetou will train with the Eagles next week as he looks for his next club.

The former Fulham man has left Italian side Parma after they didn't pay him for several months.

Southampton boss Harry Redknapp has already taken a look at the 30-year-old and could outbid Iain Dowie in the wages department with the expected departure of James Beattie adding to his warchest.

The defender is also attracting interest from Nice in his homeland.

Djetou will link up with Palace on Tuesday before making a decision on his future before the end of the week

http://crystalpalace.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=908&p=2&stid=8369434

mainstandeagle
04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Merge??

Owngoal
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Is she the mother in the Simpsons?

GUCCI Eagle
04-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Owngoal
Is she the mother in the Simpsons?

Yeah, the French version.

lordanton
04-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I take it he arrived today then?

Clapham Grand
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
looks as though he could be the first in through the door

BW_Palace
06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
How do you know that?

Dartford Lad
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
looks as though he could be the first in through the door

Yeah c'mon, don't tease us like that! :)

davematt
06-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
How do you know that?

He knows :hmph:

Father Fertile
06-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
:D

Surely that should read took a blink! :)

Sussex Eagle
06-01-2005, 03:35 PM
:p Good stuff, debut on Saturday? (And it could be a loan, as he is under contract at his old club but had been given permission to go as if a free agent, due to a contract dispute)

smileysmith
06-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
looks as though he could be the first in through the door

:)

Father Fertile
06-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
:p Good stuff, debut on Saturday? (And it could be a loan, as he is under contract at his old club but had been given permission to go as if a free agent, due to a contract dispute)

Is it confirmed then Sussex?

BLUE BOY
06-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
looks as though he could be the first in through the door

Good news. :p

Excowboy
06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Djetou at Palace
By Leo Spall, Evening Standard
6 January 2005

Martin Djetou today started a trial at Crystal Palace after failing to impress at Southampton.

The 31-year-old former Parma player is a free agent after a long-running contract dispute with the Italian club and wants to return to the Premiership. Djetou, who was once valued at 10million, made 51 league appearances in two seasons on loan at Fulham from 2002 and can play in defence or midfield.

Palace manager Iain Dowie is looking to bring in three players during January and started to put Djetou to the test during training this morning.

Justy C
06-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Sounds promising, Fulham fan I work with said this...

"Played for us for 2 years. He is built like a brick s*** house. Plays centre back / midfield, strong in the air, good tackler and a very good solid player. We did try and sign him but he was still at Parma and they owed him wages, so he couldn't leave on a free. I am quite surprised that we have not gone after him again although we have bought Diop. Should be a good buy."

Fingers crossed.

Russboy
06-01-2005, 03:59 PM
I thought Southamptons defence looked crap last night - if he wasn't good enough for them could he be any better than we have already?

Jay_Palace
06-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Brilliant player, just what we need.

Dowie would be foolish to over-look a player of his proven ability and pedigree.

I think there may have been a reason why Redknapp didn't sign him for Southampton, I can't believe that he was deemed 'not good enough'

Perhaps he viewed Southampton as a sinking ship not worth joining?

smileysmith
06-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Fulham fan here really, really wants him back with them.

Sign him Iain!!!

Asterisk
06-01-2005, 04:04 PM
There is no way anything will be confirmed untill at least another 15 pages. Come on everyone, get posting.

Daddy Long
06-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Have heard nothing but good reports about him. Would provide excellent midfield competition for Aki and Hughes and fits in with Dowie's liking for versatile players.

Dartford Lad
06-01-2005, 04:11 PM
The only reason he never played more for France was because of the 10 year partnership of Blanc and Desailly, plus the emergence of Mexes and Gallas.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/2650.html

eagles #1
06-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I think there may have been a reason why Redknapp didn't sign him for Southampton, I can't believe that he was deemed 'not good enough'

Perhaps he viewed Southampton as a sinking ship not worth joining? I heard that it was cos Southampton wanted him on a 3 week trial but he wasnt prepared to wait that long and must have thought they didnt want him enough.

Adlerhorst
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Russboy
I thought Southamptons defence looked crap last night - if he wasn't good enough for them could he be any better than we have already?

I heard he walked from Soton as they wanted him on trial for another two weeks and he thought he'd shown enough.

Falco
06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Brilliant player, just what we need.

Dowie would be foolish to over-look a player of his proven ability and pedigree.

I think there may have been a reason why Redknapp didn't sign him for Southampton, I can't believe that he was deemed 'not good enough'

Perhaps he viewed Southampton as a sinking ship not worth joining?

Not sure Redknapp is keen on deals where no transfer fees pass hands ....

Jay_Palace
06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Fair enough, I'm sure that Harry's loss would be our gain.

Judging on last night's display, Southampton desperately need a Djetou type player to hold them together, in much the same way that Bouba Diop (sensational player) did and has done for Fulham all season.

RickyB
06-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Do hope we get him!

and this as well if not posted already http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/15816333

Jay_Palace
06-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by RickyB
Do hope we get him!

and this as well if not posted already http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/15816333

So do I, he could be the difference between us staying up and going down, IMO.

AJ
06-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Fair enough, I'm sure that Harry's loss would be our gain.

Judging on last night's display, Southampton desperately need a Djetou type player to hold them together, in much the same way that Bouba Diop (sensational player) did and has done for Fulham all season.

Maybe we could offer then Pop on loan..he has a record as a goal-scoring center back :o

Jay_Palace
06-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by AJ
Maybe we could offer then Pop on loan..he has a record as a goal-scoring center back :o

Now there's an idea ...

;)

danibutcher
06-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I heard Birmingham want popa their goalscoring situation :)

pedro
06-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Excowboy
Djetou at Palace
By Leo Spall, Evening Standard
6 January 2005

Martin Djetou today started a trial at Crystal Palace after failing to impress at Southampton.
Slightly worried that we are looking at a player who couldn't impress Southampton! First time I have ever heard of Redknapp turning down the chance to sign a free transfer. :D

lordanton
06-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Father Fertile
Surely that should read took a blink! :)

Yeah or 152 :)

lordanton
06-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Sounds good though. Thanks Clapham. :)

hernehilleagle
06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
looks as though he could be the first in through the door

Good stuff, thanks CG:p

Father Fertile
06-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Blimey i work with a Fulham fan as well that makes 3 of them by my reckoning i didnt know they had that many!

selhurstparkflyer
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
This is exactly the sort of player we need.

If he is coming, then great.

Celestial Empire
06-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
Judging on last night's display, Southampton desperately need a Djetou type player to hold them together, in much the same way that Bouba Diop (sensational player) did and has done for Fulham all season.

That's Redknapp Jnr's job isn't it ?

Jay_Palace
06-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
That's Redknapp Jnr's job isn't it ?

Well if it is, he certainly didn't do it very well last night.

cpfc_spc1982
06-01-2005, 07:00 PM
hes a better holding midfielder than anything we have.

Jay_Palace
06-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
hes a better holding midfielder than anything we have.

I'd have Aki over him any day of the week.

Redknapp is a has been, his performance last night was indicitive of a once good player who is a shadow of his former self.

If Redknapp would rather his son that an international class midfielder in Djetou, then he's clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.

Hang the D J
06-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by pedro
Slightly worried that we are looking at a player who couldn't impress Southampton! First time I have ever heard of Redknapp turning down the chance to sign a free transfer. :D

Redknapp gets more wrong than he gets right. For every Yakubu there are three of four Kamaras, Songs, Kawaguchis etc etc.

BW_Palace
06-01-2005, 07:29 PM
three of four Kamaras

Diomansy is a very good player. Agree about Titi though.

kolinkins
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I'd have Aki over him any day of the week.


How about him WITH Aki, and Reo-Coker driving forward!

Hang the D J
06-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
Diomansy is a very good player. Agree about Titi though.

I meant Titi - agree about Diomansy.

Adlerhorst
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
If Redknapp would rather his son that an international class midfielder in Djetou, then he's clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.

Or......................nepotism.

Jay_Palace
06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Or......................nepotism.

Yeah very true.

cpfc_spc1982
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I'd have Aki over him any day of the week.

Redknapp is a has been, his performance last night was indicitive of a once good player who is a shadow of his former self.

If Redknapp would rather his son that an international class midfielder in Djetou, then he's clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.

aki hasnt been playing holding midfielder though.

Sussex Eagle
07-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by kolinkins
How about him WITH Aki, and Reo-Coker driving forward!

Agreed, except I'd probably have Bullard or Karagounis over R-C.

davematt
07-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
aki hasnt been playing holding midfielder though.

Yes he has. The only game when he didn't play that role was against Pompey at home when he for some reason played as the advanced midfielder.

kettle
07-01-2005, 11:07 AM
we should def sign him! fulham season ticket holder says he was gutted they couldn't sign hi. dominant at centre back / midfield, can pass, and chips in with a fair few goals- good at set pieces!

Tommy Pickle
07-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I'd have Aki over him any day of the week.

Redknapp is a has been, his performance last night was indicitive of a once good player who is a shadow of his former self.

If Redknapp would rather his son that an international class midfielder in Djetou, then he's clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.

Agree Rednapp is a shadow of his former self. He seems to have become a dirty b@stard as well. He can't quite cover as much ground as he used to.

pfc
07-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Father Fertile
Blimey i work with a Fulham fan as well that makes 3 of them by my reckoning i didnt know they had that many!

I know 1 also. They must be coming out of the wood work!!

cpfc_spc1982
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by davematt
Yes he has. The only game when he didn't play that role was against Pompey at home when he for some reason played as the advanced midfielder.

hes been more advanced in most games. not once has he not got advanced.

davematt
07-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
hes been more advanced in most games. not once has he not got advanced.

Thats shows how desperate we are then, as Aki has no history whatsoever of being a advanced midfielder. To be fair, Tom Soares has looked the best in that role.

cpfc_spc1982
07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by davematt
Thats shows how desperate we are then, as Aki has no history whatsoever of being a advanced midfielder. To be fair, Tom Soares has looked the best in that role.

very much so , aki to be fair to him does get in the box well and attack crosses and gives more height in there when he does and he has shown some neat creative passes this season - a lovely chipped pass to lakis at villa just recently, pass to aj away at villa and aj at home to fulham. but he also has a nack of getting in the way in there as well.

djetou is a much more disciplined holder like an makelele or campo. whereas aki is just a compative midfielder like a savage.

Chris K
07-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Got this from a fulham supporter, doesn't really say too much tbh, still at least they all seemed to rate him!


he was popular down at fulham and in my opinion quite a good player.
we wanted him back but didn't get him for some reason - i was quite shocked he went to palace.
dont think you will keep in on long term tho - even if you rate him i think he will cost you too much.

maestro
07-01-2005, 02:21 PM
This is the 1st name we've been linked with that actually sounds an improvement on what we currently have! very hopefull

lordanton
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Is this still happening? Sign him up!

lordanton
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
.

08-01-2005, 06:27 PM
..

eagles #1
08-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Dont suppose anyones got any more info on him have they? I mean the people 'in the know', hows he getting on?

lordanton
09-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Thought i'd bump this up as Clapham Grand's online...

Kevan Woz Awful
09-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Harry Redknapp is a pretty good judge of a player. Do we really want someone he has cast his eye over and not bought.

Trolley
09-01-2005, 05:46 PM
The information that I have received apropos 'Djetou' is that one of the laddie's strengths is his 'versatility' in that he can be deployed in central defence at right back and also in Midfield.

:p

Super Eagles
09-01-2005, 05:51 PM
why will he improve us, but not southmpton?

daz_eagle
09-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Harry Redknapp is a pretty good judge of a player. Do we really want someone he has cast his eye over and not bought.

he just didn't want any extra competition for his son jamie's place in the side. i think it's been said before that HR passed up on the possibility of signing him because he wanted a longer trial period. but it didn't happen.

limited_edition
09-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Trolley
The information that I have received apropos 'Djetou' is that one of the laddie's strengths is his 'versatility' in that he can be deployed in central defence at right back and also in Midfield.

:p Sounds good to me. If we sign Mohammed Shawky over him, I'll have a fit.

cpfc_spc1982
09-01-2005, 07:05 PM
djetou is hard and we need someone like that. not saying it has to be him.

Tommy Pickle
09-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Harry Redknapp is a pretty good judge of a player. Do we really want someone he has cast his eye over and not bought.

He chose Rednapp over him. Perhaps he doesn't need both.

eagles #1
10-01-2005, 12:24 AM
I really hope this guy signs.

zonin2000
10-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
djetou is hard and we need someone like that. not saying it has to be him.
Do you mean erect?

Cleon
10-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Harry Redknapp is a pretty good judge of a player. Do we really want someone he has cast his eye over and not bought.

Erm.... not so sure that statement holds true. At both West Ham and Portsmouth Redknapp was responsible for buying an extraordinary number of players - some fantastic signings, and some so poor that they simply remain a drain on each clubs resources.

Dartford Lad
10-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Just to clear this up, Southampton did want to keep him but wanted him to undergo a 3 week trial first. Djetou thought he had nothing to prove and left the club.
This hasn't nothing to do with Southampton not wanted him!

danibutcher
10-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Kevan Woz Awful
Harry Redknapp is a pretty good judge of a player. Do we really want someone he has cast his eye over and not bought.

Sorry to jump on th band wagan but some of his player judgements

Buys
Marco Boogers
Florin Raducioiu
Liverpool pair Rigobert Song and Titi Camara

Sells
Frank Lampard
Michael Carrick
Rio Ferdinand
Joe Cole

West Ham could've becom a truly amazin team

chelmsfordeagle
10-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by danibutcher
Sorry to jump on th band wagan but some of his player judgements

Buys
Marco Boogers
Florin Raducioiu
Liverpool pair Rigobert Song and Titi Camara

Sells
Frank Lampard
Michael Carrick
Rio Ferdinand
Joe Cole

West Ham could've becom a truly amazin team

I agree he has bought some sh*te players but he didn't sell cole or carrick and West ham aren't big enough to turn down 11m and 17m offers. If we get offered 6m + for Aj i'd expect he would be sold and i wouldn't balme dowie (or Jordan) for it.

BW_Palace
10-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by chelmsfordeagle
If we get offered 6m + for Aj i'd expect he would be sold and i wouldn't balme dowie (or Jordan) for it.

Like the 6m paid for Beattie?

If Beattie is worth 6m, AJ is worth far more.

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by chelmsfordeagle
I agree he has bought some sh*te players but he didn't sell cole or carrick and West ham aren't big enough to turn down 11m and 17m offers. If we get offered 6m + for Aj i'd expect he would be sold and i wouldn't balme dowie (or Jordan) for it.


There is no way Dowie would sell Aj and I dont think even Jordan would at the present unless the offer is so high 10 million that he couldnt turn it down. The problem is with the situation with SJ wanting to sell the club who knows?The sooner we get a buyer for the club and the ground ownership sorted out the better, untill that time we cannot feel secure.

Beanie
10-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Erm.... not so sure that statement holds true. At both West Ham and Portsmouth Redknapp was responsible for buying an extraordinary number of players - some fantastic signings, and some so poor that they simply remain a drain on each clubs resources.
Lot of truth in this - read that at Pompey Harry signed 30+ players. With that sort of signing rate some of them have to come good by pure random chance

lordanton
10-01-2005, 04:20 PM
But back to Djetou...:p

Anyone?

pfc
10-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Any more news on Djetou

eagles #1
11-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Week long trial finishes today doesnt it?? Knowing Palace nothing will happen :(

(sorry, for some reason i feel really down about Palace at the moment, when i shouldnt really as we're not even in the relegation zone, dont know why)

ANDYEAGLE
11-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Are we sure he is on trial? wouldnt he have been allowed to play for the reserves last night?

chelmsfordeagle
11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Are we sure he is on trial? wouldnt he have been allowed to play for the reserves last night?

you can play in the resevres if youre on trial

zonin2000
11-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Still under contract at Parma.

Igor Iconic
11-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by chelmsfordeagle
you can play in the resevres if youre on trial

That doesn't bode well then.

zonin2000
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
No, if he's still under contract/registered with another club, he cannot play in reserve games.

chelmsfordeagle
11-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Still under contract at Parma.

i thought he had recieved fifa permission to ignore his contract due to non payment of wages

pfc
11-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Thats what i had thought also

ANDYEAGLE
11-01-2005, 12:53 PM
But do we know for sure he has actually even trained with the team or is this again speculation?

Clapham Grand
12-01-2005, 10:32 AM
He wasn't precisely what Dowie was looking for after being on trial, and won't be signing after all

nottsunieagle
12-01-2005, 10:32 AM
bugger

DaveTuttles
12-01-2005, 10:34 AM
how do you know that please?

TheCharmer
12-01-2005, 10:34 AM
oh for f*ck s sake, what the hell is going on?

cpfcben
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
fantastic...

GUCCI Eagle
12-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
He wasn't precisely what Dowie was looking for after being on trial, and won't be signing after all

What is Dowie looking for precisely?

Chris K
12-01-2005, 10:38 AM
as line in sgt Pepper's lonely hearts club band says:

'its getting better all the time'


:rolleyes:

eagles #1
12-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh shit! This guys fcuking decent and with our midfield problems could have been helpful. Oh well suppose Dowie knows best :(

Boyandy
12-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
He wasn't precisely what Dowie was looking for after being on trial, and won't be signing after all

He must've been pretty poor then not to warrant at least a chance - especially the way that Ben and Hughes are playing.

I'd like to be optimistic and say `oh well - we've still got another 2 weeks to find the players to keep us up`, but can anyone seriously see that happening?

Gooders
12-01-2005, 10:53 AM
No.

We needed to get players in early during the window because the chances are they won't be match fit anyway.

Whereas it looks like all we're going to see is one of our best players leave.

RDSdaEAGLE
12-01-2005, 10:58 AM
PANIC!!!

PAAAAANIIIICCCC!!!!!

Djetou's been turned down by a vast number of Premiership sides, from the likes of Bolton to Fulham and Saints.

The fact that Dowie doesn't want to take him on would therefor seem fair enough, as he's obviously not suited to Premiership football.

We're all desperate to see players sign for us, but to sign people willy nilly, with little regard for what they will add to the team and their fitness, is just pure stupidity.

Lets just take a chill pill and wait and see. We do need to make signings, I very much doubt Dowie feels otherwise, and I'm sure they're working extremely hard to sort something out.

Igor Iconic
12-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Chris K
as line in sgt Pepper's lonely hearts club band says:

'its getting better all the time'


:rolleyes:

I refuse to accept that Shed 7 didn't coin those words, who is this pretender Sgt Peppers of which you speak.

off topic sorry.

Oh well Martin, move along....

Asterisk
12-01-2005, 11:00 AM
So Harry decided he needed to see more and wasn't over bothered when he left. After looking at him in training Dowie decided he didn't what him and yet there are still BBS "experts" saying we should have signed him. Perhaps Dowie should come on here and ask our opinion on all transfers.

RDSdaEAGLE
12-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Oh shit! This guys fcuking decent...

on Football Manager 2005, or Championship Manager perhaps.

I think this is the crux of the BBS' problem, people rely on hearsay and computer games too much, where transfer dealings are far easier than in real life situations.

If it really was as easy as some people think, we'd have signed all the players we needed by now.

eagles #1
12-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
on Football Manager 2005, or Championship Manager perhaps.

I think this is the crux of the BBS' problem, people rely on hearsay and computer games too much, where transfer dealings are far easier than in real life situations.

If it really was as easy as some people think, we'd have signed all the players we needed by now. Or the fact that he was one of Fulhams best players a year ago.

Shoreditch CPFC
12-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Asterisk
So Harry decided he needed to see more and wasn't over bothered when he left. After looking at him in training Dowie decided he didn't what him and yet there are still BBS "experts" saying we should have signed him. Perhaps Dowie should come on here and ask our opinion on all transfers.

Excellent post. I would also add to all the those whinging about "wasted money on Kaviedes etc" to grow up. Dowie will be doing all he can. Dowie knows what he's doing. If we don't sign any players then it won't be due to lack of preparation or 100% effort. Rather that than to sign players for the sake of it.

sydnsteve
12-01-2005, 11:26 AM
If we were going to sign anyone we'd have done so by now surely, as they would have been on the 'wanted' list. It just feels like more SJ bullshit on how much he will be spending, to make the fans feel better.

RDSdaEAGLE
12-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Or the fact that he was one of Fulhams best players a year ago.

Things happen in the space of a year.

Djetou may have been injured, and hasn't recovered from it.

Also, if that is the case, why did they not sign him? And why did they turn down the opportunity to sign him now?

Boyandy
12-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
And why did they turn down the opportunity to sign him now?

Diop.

davematt
12-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Boyandy
Diop.

What he got to do with it??:rolleyes:

eagles #1
12-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Things happen in the space of a year.

Djetou may have been injured, and hasn't recovered from it.

Also, if that is the case, why did they not sign him? And why did they turn down the opportunity to sign him now? Parma wanted quite a hefty fee for him which Fulham were not prepared to pay and as Boyandy says they now have one of the best midfielders in the Prem in Papa Bouba Diop.

RDSdaEAGLE
12-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Boyandy
Diop.

That's a fair point.

But it doesn't explain his trials at other clubs failing.

John.K
12-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by davematt
What he got to do with it??:rolleyes:

Great player forcing Djetou out of the Fulham team? Diop is just the type of player we desperately need.

eagles #1
12-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
That's a fair point.

But it doesn't explain his trials at other clubs failing. How many clubs has he been on trial at? I thought it was only Southampton and they wanted a 3 week trial which he didnt accept and they went and bought Jaime Redknapp.

RDSdaEAGLE
12-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Parma wanted quite a hefty fee for him which Fulham were not prepared to pay and as Boyandy says they now have one of the best midfielders in the Prem in Papa Bouba Diop.

Actually, the fee thing is incorrect. Djetou and Parma were in a contractural disagreement, and there was a legal case going on at the time, which meant no-one could sign him.

The same happened to Michael Hughes.

It still doens't explain the numerous trials he's failed though.

davematt
12-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by John.K
Great player forcing Djetou out of the Fulham team? Diop is just the type of player we desperately need.

Agree. What a player. His name is just the bee's knee's. 'The Wardrobe' as they call him is the finest example of a footballing bulldozer.

eagles #1
12-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Actually, the fee thing is incorrect. Djetou and Parma were in a contractural disagreement, and there was a legal case going on at the time, which meant no-one could sign him.

The same happened to Michael Hughes.

It still doens't explain the numerous trials he's failed though. So why did you ask 'why didnt they sign him?' when you already knew that? :confused:

RDSdaEAGLE
12-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
So why did you ask 'why didnt they sign him?' when you already knew that? :confused:

Because as soon as I asked it, I went on Google to check for myself.

By the time I found the answer, you'd already replied.

Clapham Grand
12-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by sydnsteve
If we were going to sign anyone we'd have done so by now surely

That is not true

We will be making signings

Tommy Pickle
12-01-2005, 12:14 PM
so he's not coming then? for sure?

davematt
12-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
That is not true

We will be making signings

:lux: :lux:

Im so excited, and I just can't hide it!!!!!!

Flappy Chicken
12-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
That is not true

We will be making signings

Brown or Tomato?

eagles #1
12-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Because as soon as I asked it, I went on Google to check for myself.

By the time I found the answer, you'd already replied. Oh ok mate, fair enough.

The Vicar
12-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
That is not true

We will be making signings

Can't say I'm over the moon about Bulykin.

SKATE
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by The Vicar
Can't say I'm over the moon about Bulykin.

You mean you want us to sign him?? ;)

LLCOOLSTEVE
12-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Pickle
so he's not coming then? for sure?

Correct

Fide et Fiducia
12-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
That is not true

We will be making signings

Plural, thats good to know CG.

This has not been a pleasant 48hrs for the club, I wonder how the lads are feeling?

Father Fertile
12-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Fide et Fiducia
Plural, thats good to know CG.

This has not been a pleasant 48hrs for the club, I wonder how the lads are feeling?

They're feeling great it's payday tomorrow ;)

DaveCPFC4Life
12-01-2005, 04:31 PM
What type of signings though? We don t seem to be able to compete financially with either West Brom, Norwich or Southampton!

Beanie
12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by DaveCPFC4Life
What type of signings though? We don t seem to be able to compete financially with either West Brom, Norwich or Southampton!
Norwich have spent some of NEXT years budget to sign Ashton, a major gamble. Sure we could do that - but I'm glad we don't. Not sure that the other two have spent a lot, they certainly haven't got a lot for it.

cpfc_spc1982
12-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by John.K
Diop is just the type of player we desperately need.

ben chorley : tall , hard , good tackler , strong , decent passer , good pedigree from arse and most importantly a leader. plus would be available for next to nothing.

DaveCPFC4Life
12-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Surely short-term loan deals will be the answer for us now. If we can get cover for a couple of key positions (left-back, 2 for midfield and another striker) hopefully with premiership exerience, then the financial risk, at least, is minimal. If chelski were willing to pay so much of Crepso s wages while he plays for AC Milan, then surely some other London clubs could help us out? The Inter boys could be the answer though

Tommy Pickle
12-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Norwich have spent some of NEXT years budget to sign Ashton, a major gamble. Sure we could do that - but I'm glad we don't. Not sure that the other two have spent a lot, they certainly haven't got a lot for it.

Well said.

cpfc_spc1982
13-01-2005, 12:37 PM
i thought he could have gave us something ... shame.

Typical Palace
15-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Beanie
Norwich have spent some of NEXT years budget to sign Ashton, a major gamble. Sure we could do that - but I'm glad we don't. Not sure that the other two have spent a lot, they certainly haven't got a lot for it.

Norwich have spent ALOT of money this year. It was said that they only had 1m to spend in Jan, having spent quite a few mill in August and having a sensible approach.

I think it was on SSN that they said bloody Delia has sold her and her hubbies publishing company. It was for about 12m and the inference was that that was where the cash was coming from.

We have spent all on players. The 750,000s on Sandor and Speroni are said to be exaggerated in true Palace style.

I'm grateful that we're not gambling our future, none of us want that, but for Chrissake Jordan, we've got to get some players in. It will only P Dowie off if he's expected to manage with two arms behind his back. He would keep us up given the cash. Far enough if we haven't got it then we haven't got it, but SJ don't give it the big one about 10M and such nonsense.

Young Trolley
15-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Typical Palace
Far enough if we haven't got it then we haven't got it, but SJ don't give it the big one about 10M and such nonsense.

This is a good point. If SJ came out and said sorry lads but the money we're getting from the prem will only cover the wage bill and 9 million defecit the club had last year, I try and make some available but it wont be a fortune then I could accept what's going on and making use of loans and freebies but when he comes out pubicly and says "I giving Iain !!!!!!!!!!!!!! million to spend to keep us in this division and then does the complete opposite you can't blame people for getting upset

Stockport_Eagle
16-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Djetou must have been pretty awful in his trial if Dowie didn't want him in ahead of Soares/Leigertwood/Watson yesterday.

Super Eagles
17-01-2005, 11:39 PM
can someone tell me...

is this deal dead? I can't work out whether it is or isn't..

Farawayeagle
18-01-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Super Eagles
can someone tell me...

is this deal dead? I can't work out whether it is or isn't..

Dowie is quoted as saying "he didn't suit our needs."

Cleon
18-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Farawayeagle
Dowie is quoted as saying "he didn't suit our needs."

Probably right. Dowie can probably only bring a couple of players, and we have a more urgent need for a quality attackling midfielder at the moment...

nookiebear
25-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Could still sign him, according to Kit Symons in today's Daily Express

TheCharmer
25-01-2005, 11:59 AM
so if the boss says a week ago, that he doesn't suit our needs, and now our assistant manager say s we might get him anyway. What does that say? Desperation?

Jay_Palace
25-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
so if the boss says a week ago, that he doesn't suit our needs, and now our assistant manager say s we might get him anyway. What does that say? Desperation?

Most clubs in our position are the same, until we establish ourselves in the prem (or pay crazy wages and transfer fees, which we will rightly not do) then we will find it hard in landing the players we would want. I'm sure that Dowie had a list of players that he wanted, but it is highly unlikely for various reasons that he would get all the players on that list.

Djetou is class and would certainly not be a desperation signing, I hope we get him as I have always rated him.

David of Kent
25-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
so if the boss says a week ago, that he doesn't suit our needs, and now our assistant manager say s we might get him anyway. What does that say? Desperation?

That or, god forbid, "bad journalism in the Express"