PDA

View Full Version : Henchoz, Biscan and Redknapp

zonin2000
30-12-2004, 12:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/4134257.stm

Redknapp linked with duo swoop

Harry Redknapp is reportedly set to make Liverpool duo Igor Biscan and Stephane Henchoz his first signings since becoming Southampton manager.

Croatian midfielder Biscan, 26, and Swiss defender Henchoz, 30, will both be out of contract next summer.

Liverpool are thought to be willing to accept about 1m for the pair but the duo may decide to wait until the end of the season before making a move.

Redknapp has also been linked with son, Jamie, who is at Tottenham.

The Saints boss, a renowned wheeler and dealer, says his squad needs a serious overhaul in a bid to avoid relegation.

Star striker James Beattie's expected departure will free up funds to launch that shake-up, and finance the five signings Redknapp hopes to make in January.

"We need a couple of defenders, a couple of midfielders and maybe a goalscorer too," Redknapp said.

Biscan has struggled to win over Reds fans since joining from Dinamo Zagreb in a 5.5m deal four years ago.

He was played mainly in defence by former manager Gerard Houllier, and came under fire from supporters for some poor performances.

New manager Rafael Benitez has played him in his favoured position - in the League Cup and when injuries have left him short of numbers in midfield - but his days at Anfield still appear numbered.

Henchoz, who was a mainstay in the centre of the Reds defence under Houllier, has not made a Premiership appearance this season.

Personally, I think that any of those three would be ideal players for us, although perhaps Redknapp is injury prone.

The Vicar
30-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Is Biscan the 'laddie' and transfer target from Merseyside that Trolley has been talking about?

CPFC987
30-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Biscan when playing is a good player, and 1million for both would mean each being valued at around 500k. Maybe worth a try going in for Biscan?

elliott
30-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I think henchoz is alright, but not biscan really

matteagle312
30-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Biscan in midfield would be a good signing. He scored a cracker against Fulham earlier on this season.

Latvian Eagle
30-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Biscan would be a good signing for us.

Iain Dowie
30-12-2004, 02:19 PM
I've always like Hechnoz

Martin H
30-12-2004, 02:42 PM
My worry here is that 'Harry' is still a better wheeler dealer than Dowie etc. and we may get outflanked with players we have had on the boil for sometime now.

Fingers crossed we can reel these guys in. The problem we have is the ones we can afford will by definition be attractive to most clubs and sad though it is, we are not as attractive as most clubs until a couple of them have signed! This I think is where the leadership/motivational skills of Dowie could help us in negotiations but I am guessing brother Bob handles this now. Is he as impressive?

cpfc_spc1982
30-12-2004, 02:43 PM
harry wheeling and deeling again good bit of business. biscan would do a job.

Kirby
30-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Well Henchoz has already scored for us........

Mwa hahahaha :lux:

Biscan would be good.

forsells no1 fan
30-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Been repotted that Harry wants five new players in January!
Thats nearly half a new team:eek: Lets hope the players he brings in are as bad as some of the ones theyve already got - though i cant see it myself!

stinky
30-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Iain Dowie
I've always like Hechnoz

i don't think we need him. We've got Fitz and Sorondo forming a good partnership and we shouldn't break that up. From what I can tell the only defender we need is a left back, then I think we'll have a pretty solid defensive unit

BW_Palace
30-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Henchoz - no thanks.

Biscan - yes please!

Beanie
30-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Neither actually look that exciting. I'd happily let Mr Redknapp have them, can't see them chnaging much round.

PengeEagle
30-12-2004, 04:43 PM
I dont think we need Henchoz but Biscan would be a decent addition to our midfield

Gooders
30-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Biscan was played out of position in defence for ages by Houllier.

In midfield this season, I think he looked different class. Would definitely add something.

Jimbo ?
30-12-2004, 06:24 PM
not quite what I had in mind, henchoz is good with a good partner, not sure whether he is really what we need. Biscan howeveer could be a good bit of business,

Raoul Duke
30-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Didn't Houllier say that Biscan would be the next Zidane :)

Sir.S.C Remembered
30-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Iain Dowie
I've always like Hechnoz

Me too! And not just because he is Swiss. However there is prob no need to get him at his age, on those wages considering we have a fair few players in his position

mojoeagle
30-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by PengeEagle
I dont think we need Henchoz but Biscan would be a decent addition to our midfield

I agree with you there mate

cpfc_spc1982
30-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke

that was cheyrou.

west country boy
30-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Personally, I think that any of those three would be ideal players for us, although perhaps Redknapp is injury prone.

Redknapp is the last player in the world we should sign.

Jules
31-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by west country boy
Redknapp is the last player in the world we should sign.

2nd to last, as you're forgetting Tomas Repka:vader:

cpfc_spc1982
02-01-2005, 09:25 AM
not that quick but reliable, experienced and a solid defender im sure henchoz could do a job after the dros yesterday.

Ollie Ox
02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Raoul Duke

I think that was Cheryou. Biscan has been playing very well this season and i would love to see him come to palace, also Henchoz would do a job for us, very good defender.

Trolley
02-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
that was cheyrou.

In a conversation I had with with 'Mr Houllier' he stated that it was indeed 'Cheyrou' who reminded him of 'Zidane' at times but in his opinion the laddie needed to "Strengthen" his game and become more of a "Fighter" which I took to mean that he had to introduce more aggression into his play.
'Mr Houllier' in our communicado never went so far as to claim that 'Cheyrou' would be the "Next Zidane".

;) ;) :p

Ollie Ox
02-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Just read that Alonso has broken his ankle so not sure if they will let Biscan leave now.

SE25Eagle
05-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Plenty of premiership experiance, good on the ball, i think he would be a great signing if we could get him.

Walsh-Palace
05-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Good Player, we should buy him. Depends on salary?

Adlerhorst
05-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I heard whoever gets him would be taking over the remaining months of his existing contract (ends in June i think), which is 36k a week apparently, ouch!

Rules us out.

SE25Eagle
05-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Walsh-Palace
Good Player, we should buy him. Depends on salary?

I just got this off the sky sports site.......

Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz seems set to snub a move to Rangers.

The Glasgow giants have held talks with the Swiss international over a possible move to Ibrox.

Henchoz seems set for a move away from Anfield in the transfer window as he does not figure in Rafa Benitez's first team plans.

Rangers had offered Henchoz a short-term deal until the end of the season, but the 30-year-old is believed to be holding out for a two-year deal.

Henchoz, who is also being chased by Bolton, Charlton, Southampton and Manchester City, has admitted his first preference would be to stay in England -seemingly ending Rangers' chances of luring him to Glasgow.

"Rangers have made me an offer but actually I would like to stay in the Premier League," said Henchoz.

"My girlfriend and I are expecting our first baby, so this is a very bad time for moving.

"Rangers' offer is not the only one and I will have to consider each of them in detail to finally make a decision."

if Southampton can afford him i cant see why we cant :confused:

Faithless
05-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Solid player but wage problem again.

westsussexeagle
05-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Why is it that Henchoz always looks totally knackered even before the games started?

Cleon
05-01-2005, 10:01 AM
We will not be signing players like this. Crystal Palace cannot afford to offer players contracts outside of our pay scale, especially not if it would involve putting players like Henchoz on twice the salary of AJ, and probably around ten times the salary of Wayne Routledge.

We should be looking at hungry young talent prepared to work hard for their future at Crystal Palace - I'd far rather we were signing a Steven Sidwell or a Jimmy Bullard than a Stephane Henchoz.

aadams
05-01-2005, 10:04 AM
To slow & wages would be a problem.

Gooders
05-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Already a thread on this.

I've always wanted to say that. :o

Stellavista
05-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Cleon
We will not be signing players like this. Crystal Palace cannot afford to offer players contracts outside of our pay scale, especially not if it would involve putting players like Henchoz on twice the salary of AJ, and probably around ten times the salary of Wayne Routledge.

We should be looking at hungry young talent prepared to work hard for their future at Crystal Palace - I'd far rather we were signing a Steven Sidwell or a Jimmy Bullard than a Stephane Henchoz.

Nice to read a realistic view in the Transfer Forum.

I can't help but think that a fair number on the BBS are going to be disappointed by the signings we do make.
The sort of players that are being discussed will be out of our price range, in terms of salaries and fees, at least until we have managed to establish ourselves in the top flight for three or four seasons.

Shoreditch CPFC
05-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Dowie said recently that the siognings we make should be a statement about our ambition, so he seemed to be hinting we would be bringing in a few big names.

Harry Holmesdale
05-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
Dowie said recently that the siognings we make should be a statement about our ambition, so he seemed to be hinting we would be bringing in a few big names.

...or telling SJ to put his money where his mouth is, we shall see...

Stigma
05-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Liverpool have today confirmed the signing of defender Pellegrino.

Henchoz will be on the move now after this signing..

Gooders
05-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I think he could do a job, but anyone offering him more than about 15,000 a week needs their head tested.