PDA

View Full Version : More Inter players on the way?

Jay_Palace
30-12-2004, 01:29 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=246938&cpid=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Eagles+to+raid+Inter+again&channel=Premiership

Excellent news, would have Karagounis and Gonzalez in our team in a shot.

SpikeyMatt
30-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Grin grin grin

:D:D:D

Wouldn't say no to any of them personally, Kíly would be my first choice.

davematt
30-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Coco would be best as he can play left full back, but Kily would be the sort of dream signing that we all want.

davematt
30-12-2004, 01:33 PM
If it comes to it, give Ventola back if the injury dont clear up and get two of them in!

kolinkins
Coco and Kily. Interesting. Would need to send Ventola back to get them both I would imagine.

ANDYEAGLE
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=246938&cpid=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Eagles+to+raid+Inter+again&channel=Premiership

Excellent news, would have Karagounis and Gonzalez in our team in a shot.

Well done Jay thats the sort of news I like to hear and it is actually believable. just the type of quality players we need at Palace. I dont mind if they call us Inter Milan reserves.

Feather
30-12-2004, 01:34 PM
When it says at the bottom that we would not be able to bring all three in does that mean there is a maximum number of loanees that each club are allowed or are Sky just saying we couldn't afford the wages?

Jay_Palace
30-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Feather
When it says at the bottom that we would not be able to bring all three in does that mean there is a maximum number of loanees that each club are allowed or are Sky just saying we couldn't afford the wages?

There is a limit on the number of players we can have on loan at one time.

Personally, I would send back Ventola (made of glass and will never be of any use to us) and try and get at least two of these players in.

Kily Gonzales would be my number one signing though.

ANDYEAGLE
30-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Feather

No one seems to know the number of foreign players we can take on loan there is a restriction on Premier. Anyone know?

1dougiefreedman
30-12-2004, 01:40 PM
There is a limit on the number of players we can have on loan at one time.

Personally, I would send back Ventola (made of glass and will never be of any use to us) and try and get at least two of these players in.

Kily Gonzales would be my number one signing though.

If ventola fully recovers from his injury quickly then he would be very useful. Kolkka is playing very well, so i think coco would be more useful at left back than kily at left wing. Although id take any of them.

kolinkins
30-12-2004, 01:41 PM
How many did Leeds have at the start of last season?

davematt
30-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by kolinkins
How many did Leeds have at the start of last season?

You can have 8 per season, and only 5 at one time. Leeds had about 5-6 I think

matteagle312
30-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Is karagounis the type of midfielder we are looking for? He looked good in euro 2004.

Jay_Palace
30-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 1dougiefreedman
If ventola fully recovers from his injury quickly then he would be very useful. Kolkka is playing very well, so i think coco would be more useful at left back than kily at left wing. Although id take any of them.

Ventola's injury won't have recovered till mid March, then it will take the best part of a mnth to get him match fit with reserve games, ready for first team football. That's assuming that he boy doesn't go and break a nail and spend another 3 months out injured. That will take us into April, so not leaving much time for an impact, is he?

The guy has been a mistake and the club should cut its losses and send him back. Harsh I know as he COULD have been brilliant for us, but we can't afford to be carrying players who aren't pulling their weight.

cpfcben
30-12-2004, 01:54 PM
yes please mmmmmmmmm......

ANDYEAGLE
30-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Thought Ventola was two months which would mean back in training at end of Jan. Be nice to know these things or at least a guess from the club.

AndyStreet
30-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Ventola's injury won't have recovered till mid March, then it will take the best part of a mnth to get him match fit with reserve games, ready for first team football. That's assuming that he boy doesn't go and break a nail and spend another 3 months out injured. That will take us into April, so not leaving much time for an impact, is he?

The guy has been a mistake and the club should cut its losses and send him back. Harsh I know as he COULD have been brilliant for us, but we can't afford to be carrying players who aren't pulling their weight.

Very harsh Jay. It's not exactly Ventola's fault or choice to continue to be injury prone, so I think it's a little unfair to say he's not pulling his weight. However your point about when he may or may not be fit is spot on. If we are not planning to buy him permanently, which would perhaps not be advisable given we could be in the Championship before he's properly match fit again and given his long history of injury proneness, it would be advisable to send him back to Inter. Shame really as he has the ability to have been awesome for us.

GreatGonzo
30-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Don't forget the Ventola is out of contract in June, the club may wish to stand by him so he signs permenantly for us in the summer for free!

Send back Kaviedes who is not getting a look in and get all 3 in, that would mean safety. Would also arrange fees for them before they come on loan so we can snap them up at the end of the season for an agreed amount!

Latvian Eagle
30-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Kily Gonzalez might consider joining us as he's not even played one game in Serie A this season I don't think. Karagounis is the same really, the odd spot on the bench but nothing major.

Francesco Coco can play as a left back or a left midfielder. He's not been dropped or anything, but his first game in over a year was at the end of November. He had a hip injury which meant he couldn't even walk properly, luckily the operation he had was a success and he's made a few fleeting appearances, as they initially feared he wouldn't ever walk properly again.

RickyB
30-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow - Coco! I'd be impressed if we could get him and Kily on loan. Can see Kaviedes heading back though :-(

Jay_Palace
30-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Don't forget the Ventola is out of contract in June, the club may wish to stand by him so he signs permenantly for us in the summer for free!

Send back Kaviedes who is not getting a look in and get all 3 in, that would mean safety. Would also arrange fees for them before they come on loan so we can snap them up at the end of the season for an agreed amount!

But do you really believe that if the club show him loyalty now, then he will repay that and sign for us in the summer, EVEN if we get relegated? I think not.

I read an article attributed to him some time ago, and he said that he would love a permenent move to England, but made no mention of the fact that he would like to stay with Palace. Now I don't have a probem with that as he has a duty to look out for his best interests, but surely the same applies to CPFC. He has played one(?) game for us so far in four months, and won;t be ready to play first team football until AT LEAST late March. That is clearly not good enough and regardless of the fact that he has been unfortunate, it is another burden on CPFC and another mouth to feed when we are not benefiting from the deal.

It does strike me that we are going to great lengths to butte him up and keep him sweet, when we haven't got anything out of the deal.

Jay_Palace
30-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
Very harsh Jay. It's not exactly Ventola's fault or choice to continue to be injury prone, so I think it's a little unfair to say he's not pulling his weight. However your point about when he may or may not be fit is spot on. If we are not planning to buy him permanently, which would perhaps not be advisable given we could be in the Championship before he's properly match fit again and given his long history of injury proneness, it would be advisable to send him back to Inter. Shame really as he has the ability to have been awesome for us.

I certainly didn't intend to imply that his injury probems have been his fault, I genuinely feel for the guy, however there is no room for sentiment and if he isn't going to be in the frame for us for the forseeable future, then he should be sent back.

AndyStreet
30-12-2004, 02:18 PM
I certainly didn't intend to imply that his injury probems have been his fault, I genuinely feel for the guy, however there is no room for sentiment and if he isn't going to be in the frame for us for the forseeable future, then he should be sent back.

Agreed.

EagleinOz
30-12-2004, 02:36 PM
The Adder this morning says Nicola's 4-5 weeks away from a comeback

limited_edition
30-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by EagleinOz
The Adder this morning says Nicola's 4-5 weeks away from a comeback Off topic, but the Adder's out today ?

daz_eagle
30-12-2004, 02:40 PM
i think ventola will prove to be a quality player when he gets over his injury. don't give the guy a hard time for getting injured!

Celestial Empire
30-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Or we could buy Sorondo in January.

Lee B
30-12-2004, 02:43 PM
'Marvellous Fayre' if we can get Killy G or Karagounis. Not seen much of Coco (B Ware?) so can't comment on him.

EagleinOz
30-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by limited_edition
Off topic, but the Adder's out today ?

Yeah I dunno if its in the shops yet but we got it delivered today. Normally get it Friday but I guess cause it's NYE tomorrow it came early

LeeH
30-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Kily would be great, but remember - in the close seson he basically came out and said that he was interested in a move to Spain and didnt want to come to Palace. He'd be a great short term prospect (which may be wha we need for now) but I think he'd turn down a perm move in the summer if it was on the table.

But Karagounis - yeah, get him here asap! :p

Tommy Pickle
30-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Kaviedes is most likely to leave if we need to free up space for extra loan signings.

The London Man
30-12-2004, 02:55 PM
I should Coco!

cpfc_spc1982
30-12-2004, 02:55 PM
ambitious.

Dobbo
30-12-2004, 02:57 PM
More injury prone Italians ???

COCO. "Meanwhile, long-term injury victim Francesco Coco is keen to be given a chance back in the team after recovering from nerve damage in his leg suffered almost a year ago.

forsells no1 fan
30-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Wow id love to see Cocu and Gonzales join!

ANDYEAGLE
30-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
Or we could buy Sorondo in January.

Why buy him when we have him on loan untill the end of the season anyway. We need all the spare funds for other players. I am sure Sorondo will sign for us at the end of the season if we stay up. If we went down we couldnt afford him anyway.

Latvian Eagle
30-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by forsells no1 fan
Wow id love to see Cocu and Gonzales join!

It's Coco not Cocu.

Jay_Palace
30-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
ambitious.

Exactly and that's a good thing.

Why shouldn't we be ambitious anyway?

Halfway through the season and we're not in the bottom three and have a good chance of staying up.

I think that this is the time where the club have to show real ambition to prove that we mean business.

Richwak
30-12-2004, 03:06 PM
you can only loan 4 players from any club i think. Coco and Kily for me!

bigend1
30-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Why buy him when we have him on loan untill the end of the season anyway. We need all the spare funds for other players. I am sure Sorondo will sign for us at the end of the season if we stay up. If we went down we couldnt afford him anyway.

If we do buy him in jan then it means we can loan an xtra player from inter or whoever insted of 1! At least we know sorondo is a capable player and signing him and loaning someone else at least reduces the risk that new players wont settle in.

cpfc_spc1982
30-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Exactly and that's a good thing.

Why shouldn't we be ambitious anyway?

Halfway through the season and we're not in the bottom three and have a good chance of staying up.

I think that this is the time where the club have to show real ambition to prove that we mean business.

its a very good thing.
karagounis is world class as is kily, even though i thought he had turned us down before.
i wouldnt gamble on the fitness of coco though.

Celestial Empire
30-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by bigend1
If we do buy him in jan then it means we can loan an xtra player from inter or whoever insted of 1! At least we know sorondo is a capable player and signing him and loaning someone else at least reduces the risk that new players wont settle in.

Thank you bigend1.

Sussex Eagle
Any one (or hopefully more) of those would be excellent aquisitions, the sort of players that keep a club up.

Kirby
Kily would be the biggest signing, but I think I'd rather see Karagounis and Coco.

Karagounis is the creative attacking midfielder we've been looking for and Coco would be a massive improvement on Granville.

Falco
30-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Richwak
you can only loan 4 players from any club i think. Coco and Kily for me!

As someone said earlier, Ventola should not present a problem as he is out of contract at the end of the season. So if we wanted to get round the loan rules, we could either send him back, or if we want to keep him, take over his registration until the end of the season (much like West Ham did with Bowyer).

ANDYEAGLE
30-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by bigend1

Good theory bigend, but cannot see us buying him untill our Premier future is secure.

Jay_Palace
30-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
its a very good thing.
karagounis is world class as is kily, even though i thought he had turned us down before.
i wouldnt gamble on the fitness of coco though.

However didn't Gonzales turn us down becaue a) when we went in for him, we looked nailed on certs for the drop and b) he believed that clubs for Spain would com in for him, and this hasn't happened.

I think that enough ha schanged to suggest that we could get him now. It would be good for him and for the club for the loan to happen.

ANDYEAGLE
30-12-2004, 03:23 PM
However didn't Gonzales turn us down becaue a) when we went in for him, we looked nailed on certs for the drop and b) he believed that clubs for Spain would com in for him, and this hasn't happened.

I think that enough ha schanged to suggest that we could get him now. It would be good for him and for the club for the loan to happen.

No that wasnt the reason it was more to do with the players agent I think. Why would Gonzalez worry he would only be here a season and would have a chance to shine in an average team. We are still favourites for the drop anyway nothing has changed that much. Sorondo hopefully will have some influence telling him what great fans we are. What I cant understand is why a higher profile club has not come in for Killy especially in Spain where he was happy. Hope we get him.

Twin of Droy
30-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Coco is a Clown:clown:

nottsunieagle
30-12-2004, 06:37 PM
karagounis has to be our first choice target, he is a class attacking creative midfielder. i remember two years ago he tore man utd apart in the champions league for panathanaikos. the through balls he would lay on for aj... get him please!

Tripod 10
30-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Strewth!!
Karagounis would be blinding,just what we need,surely with Lakis being here already we could tempt him over.Dont know much about Coco though,thought she was the bird in Fame!

BW_Palace
30-12-2004, 07:14 PM
I agree that Karagounis, whilst not necessarily the best player, he would be the most important.

In priority order: Karagounis, Coco, Kily please. ;):)

palace & proud
30-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Newcastle United's England winger Kieron Dyer has reportedly informed Inter that he would love to join them. Patron Massimo Moratti is prepared to offer midfielder Kily Gonzalez, Giorgios Karagounis and defender Carlos Gamarra in part exchange. However, Newcastle boss Graeme Souness prefers his former Galatasaray protégé Emre.

Latvian Eagle
30-12-2004, 07:27 PM
I don't know why Inter would wnat Dyer. He's crap, and they have far better players than him. For a start he's not fit to lace Kily's boots. Karagounis is even better than him, and well Gamarra is only a back up center back anyway.

zonin2000
30-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
I agree that Karagounis, whilst not necessarily the best player, he would be the most important.

In priority order: Karagounis, Coco, Kily please. ;):)

All our imports come in twos. Except that we only have one Greek (Lakis), one Italian (Ventola) and one Argentinian (Speroni). They need buddies!

Oh, and we only have one Uruguayan, need to find another one.

eagles #1
30-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Well at least we have the advatage of Sorondo and Ventola telling them how great we are :D

No doubt WBA will be linked with them now :rolleyes:

lordanton
30-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by eagles #1
Well at least we have the advatage of Sorondo and Ventola telling them how great we are :D

No doubt WBA will be linked with them now :rolleyes:

Yeah, but who'd want to play for them!

Would love Kily (if he really wants to - and seeing as he nearly signed on deadline day last time) as well a Karagounis. Can't see a problem with international and Inter mates already here.

Don't know too much about Coco. Would prefer a permanent left back...Babayaro would have been super.

zonin2000
30-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Why is it that some people are more than happy to accept a loan midfielder, but not a loan left back?

lordanton
30-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Why is it that some people are more than happy to accept a loan midfielder, but not a loan left back?

Having re-read my post i wondered exactly why i had put that. I have no idea why...just came out. I think i meant to say i'd rather a younger or fitter player there. Thts why i would have loved Babayaro.

Granada allover
30-12-2004, 08:32 PM
What a difference a year makes. If Kily G. rejects a move to San Selhurst, it's no disgrace. This time 12 months ago we were being turned down by two Oldham players whose names, er... escape me now.

:D

BW_Palace
30-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Heh.

Les Pogliacomi and Paul Murray.

One's still at Oldham, the other's playing in the Portugese 2nd Division.

PalaceFan in Alabama
30-12-2004, 09:07 PM
OK it is my time to be stupid :hmph:

All this supposed interest in dealing with Inter, could it be that we may sell our prize striker to them ?

Don't get pished off, just putting putting 1 and 1 together and coming up with 3 :confused:

NZsparky
30-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama

All this supposed interest in dealing with Inter, could it be that we may sell our prize striker to them ?

Don't even go there Pfia, it ain't gonna happen

BW_Palace
30-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Heh.

God knows why they'd need him when they have Adriano, Vieri, Martins, Recoba etc...

PalaceFan in Alabama
30-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey I just wished to warm up things a little :(

lordanton
30-12-2004, 09:53 PM
No chance of AJ going there. They may suggest it...hopefully after we nick their players as it will be the end of any friendship when Dowie laughs in their face!!!

maestro
30-12-2004, 10:38 PM
this sounds like good news!

zonin2000
30-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
Having re-read my post i wondered exactly why i had put that. I have no idea why...just came out. I think i meant to say i'd rather a younger or fitter player there. Thts why i would have loved Babayaro.

You're not the only one though!

Jimbo ?
30-12-2004, 10:48 PM
i'll believe it when i see it. how many can we have on loan at the same time????? would be good and would set us up nicely for the second half of theb season

mojoeagle
30-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Jaw dropping stuff. Will have to look for inter shirt in the sales

Latvian Eagle
30-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by mojoeagle
Jaw dropping stuff. Will have to look for inter shirt in the sales

Don't be so cheap!!! :rolleyes:

Funk Butter
30-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
OK it is my time to be stupid :hmph:

Don't get pished off, just putting putting 1 and 1 together and coming up with 3 :confused:
I think I would take an Adriano for AJ straight swap. Or a Martins/Kily/Zanetti for AJ swap. Is that asking too much?

lordanton
30-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Inter shirts £25 in lillywhites i think...or JJB? Anyone know?

I fancy getting one and having Palace rejects written on the back! :D (not that any of our players play for them)

Latvian Eagle
31-12-2004, 12:13 AM
I thought about getting VENTOLA 22 on the back of one of my inter shirts, but instead I plumpted for my own name + 25 on the back of all three shirts. :D

22 because that was the number they gave Ventola before we loaned him. :p

Justy C
31-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Granada allover
What a difference a year makes. If Kily G. rejects a move to San Selhurst, it's no disgrace. This time 12 months ago we were being turned down by two Oldham players whose names, er... escape me now.

:D

Top post. Smile, enjoy BBSers!

hernehilleagle
31-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Coco would be awesome

Hypodam
31-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by hernehilleagle
Cocoa would be awesome

mmmm, or even drinking chocolate.

Jules
31-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Kirby
Kily would be the biggest signing, but I think I'd rather see Karagounis and Coco.

Karagounis is the creative attacking midfielder we've been looking for and Coco would be a massive improvement on Granville.

Agreed. Central midfield is a more influential position and we are still lacking in true talent in this area. Dowie will not be sentimental and knows we need more than honest scrappers and promising youngsters.

danibutcher
31-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Coco Profile
http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0736&L=en&stagione=2004/05

Killy Gonzalez

Karagounis

danibutcher
31-12-2004, 11:13 AM
wel the links didnt work that wel but u can search through tha players.

lordanton
31-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by danibutcher
Coco Profile

Killy Gonzalez

Karagounis

They are very similar players aren't they! :eek: :D ;)

Like the sound of Coco though :p

danibutcher
31-12-2004, 11:15 AM
i'll get me coat :p

lordanton
31-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Karagounis (http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0756&L=en&stagione=2004/05)

Kily (http://www.inter.it/aas/squadra/player1?codgioc=G0760&L=en&stagione=2004/05)

InterFan
31-12-2004, 11:16 AM
well I dont think Coco will leave im basing this on statement he made on the official inter website:
"" Could Coco go and play for another team in January to return to being the player we all appreciated?
COCO:I'm staying at Inter to compete with all my teammates for a place. I have no intention of changing team in January and trying new paths in this second part of the season. I know full well that I can play my cards well at Inter. When I want to I can always reach a positive conclusion. And I think I can do this time as well.

plus I dont think you could afford Kily's wages who is reported to be on 2 million euros a year

well hear is stuff about the players:
Coco:
Postives:
He is very experienced even though he is still quite young. He has experienced winning the Scudetto with Milan, even though he might not have been a starter. He has also been a year in another league and tried that out. He has probably with Barca learned how to be better offensively. He had a more offensive role there than in Serie A .
Coco is also extremely good tactically and defensively. Coco is a naturally defensive minded player and a left back.
He´s also quite versitile where he can play in different kind of formations. Since inter play a 4-4-2 formation, his position becomes a left back. If we would ever move to a back three and use defensive wingers, he can also play there.

Coco is also very good at both feets. He can cross with both the left foot and right foot. He is left footed though, but he can usually move the ball over to the right foot and try to cross it in. He did that many times with Barca, and some of their fans even thought he was right footed.

He has an extreme work rate and shows commitment on the pitch in every match. He runs a lot and is a very good tackler. He´s also quite good technically.

negatives:

He is injury prone and this is his biggest flaw.His attitude is another problem in the past. The stories with him and Milan is well known and his fights in the locker room with his teammates and coaches. He seemed to have a very bad attitude and especially if he doesn´t get a starting position.but this hasnt happened yet at Inter .

His crosses are extremely inconsistent. He can make the most wonderful crosses right on the forehead of the teammate, but he can also make the most awful cross that goes by the ground and can easily be taken care of. I also think he lacks some power and determination in his crosses.

He can also be quite vulgar in his tackles if he is behind the player.

Karagounis: for Inter.it:

Born on 6 March 1977 in Pyrgos, Karagounis is 1.76m tall, weighs 74kg and is described by Nerazzurri transfer market man Marco Branca as "a very versatile midfielder";
With Panathinaikos and Apollon, Karagounis has made 173 appearances in the Greek league, scoring 34 goals. He was part of the Panathinaikos side that won the domestic title in 1995/96;
In European cup competitions, Inter's new Greek player has made 44 appearances and has scored 4 goals;
Karagounis plays a fundamental role in Greece's Euro2004 triumph. The midfielder scores the opening goal of the tournament against Portugal then turns in some excellent performances as the Greeks go all the way

my friend wrote this profile about Kily Gonzalez:

Profile:
Full name:Christian Alberto Peret Kily Gonzalez
Born:4/8/1974 in Rosario (Argentina)
Height:175cm
Weight:71kg

Kily Gonzalez is a left sided midfielder who is an asset to the club with his great passing skills for Inter.

Career:
Quite a journeyman in his time,Inter is Kilys fifth club since he started out 12 years ago.
In the season of 1992/1993 Kily Gonzalez began is career at Argentine club Rosario Central where he quickly became a key player-staying there for 3 seasons,playing 56 times and scoring 7 times.

Then he made a big move to arguably Argentinas biggest club-Boca Juniors.He did well that after just one season,36 appearances and 3 goals later,Real Zaragoza snapped him up.Better times were ahead for the winger.Once again only 3 seasons at the club,however that were 3 very impressive seasons at the Spanish club where he played a total of 90 games and scored a total of 15 goals.

He then moved to top Spanish side Valencia,where he really made a name for himself.He was involved in 2 Champions League finals for the club in white and at the end of his spell where he was being kept on the bench he played 134 times and scoring once again a rather small 15 times.

And then in the summer of 2003 Kily moved club,moved league and moved country to Inter Milan-a move that had been touted by the press for a long time before.Although he never set the San Siro in his first season on fire with his goals,his exeptional work rate and quick link up with his teammates-he quickly got on the right side of the fans,a lucky thing for him-especially after his own goal in the derby of Italy against Juventus. (but this season he hasnt played a game.)

As a player:
As a player,Kily Gonzalez is a very good one.He has good upper body strength,making it hard for opponents to unsettle him when he is on the ball at full pace.Kilys passing is also great,providing his teammates with good through balls and very good crosses..He can play as a left wing back or in a normal left winger position.

National team:
Kily Gonzalez is another of Inter's established Argentine internationals,with plenty of international matches to his name.He was part of the squad in the last 2 world cups,and in the second of the two

Strengths:
Kily as has been said before has great strength-and that really helps him to get past opposition players..His creative passing from the left helps him get good crosses and passes to the strikers in the middle.Another player with good stamina,Kily Gonzalez will continue to be an asset for Inter.

Weaknesses:
Kily is once again a player who has seen red before,but it seems that that problem has been rectified since his move to Inter.It is often said that the Argentine isn't as versatile as he could be,despite appearances as left wing back as well as normal left winger.

lordanton
31-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Still, if they aren't playing...and are told they won't then there is no reason why we won't loan them.

Kily nearly came in the summer. Not only are we better now, but he hasn't played for Inter and Sevilla aren't interested.

danibutcher
31-12-2004, 11:25 AM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=246858&CPID=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Barcelona+want+Kaviedes&channel=Premiership

Looks like we can free up space for (W)inter loans

Scroatey
31-12-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm quite excited - and that's putting it mildly :lux:

(Why do the press think we've paid £2m for Kaviedes? Am I still right in thinking it was a season long loan with first refusal to buy for that amount?)

Aki Aki Aki
31-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by danibutcher
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=246858&CPID=8&CLID=31&lid=&title=Barcelona+want+Kaviedes&channel=Premiership

Looks like we can free up space for (W)inter loans

And Trolley could have been right after all :sob:

ANDYEAGLE
31-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info INTERFAN. Killy is on 2m euros a year approx 28k sterling a week that is no surprise and I think Palace would pay that for half a season to get such a quality player. Any ideas on what Sorondo & Ventola are earning at Inter?

nicky
31-12-2004, 12:10 PM
As it its an international loan, I dont think we'd have to pay all of their wages. Im pretty sure Chelsea are still paying part of Crespos wages, for example. I think its only internal premiership loans where "subsidizing" loans inst allowed.

ANDYEAGLE
31-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Think thats right nicky I am sure there would be some attempt at a deal
somewhere.

lordanton
31-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Scroatey
Am I still right in thinking it was a season long loan with first refusal to buy for that amount?)

Yep.

limited_edition
31-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Kirby

Karagounis is the creative attacking midfielder we've been looking for and Coco would be a massive improvement on Granville. Sounds good to me. Get a decent back up striker in and we've completed the jigsaw. Although, I wouldn't say no to Djetou to boost our midfield, either.

James Melody
31-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by nicky
As it its an international loan, I dont think we'd have to pay all of their wages. Im pretty sure Chelsea are still paying part of Crespos wages, for example. I think its only internal premiership loans where "subsidizing" loans inst allowed.

I remember it being widely reported that Chelsea were paying ALL of Crespo's wages while he was at Milan.

Trolley
31-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Aki Aki Aki
And Trolley could have been right after all :sob:

:p ;) :p :hi:

lordanton
31-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Do you know anything about these deal Clapham Grand?

Trolley
31-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by hernehilleagle
Coco would be awesome

Perhaps the laddie's nickname is "Clown" as in "Coco the Clown".

:)

lordanton
31-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I always thought that Coco was pronounced the same way as Cocu (as in Phillip Cocu)???

Ryan_the_eagle
31-12-2004, 05:46 PM
kily would be great but weve already got kolkka so i'd go with the other two.

forsells no1 fan
31-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Ryan_the_eagle
kily would be great but weve already got kolkka so i'd go with the other two.

But ive heard Gonzales is a bit better than Kolkaa!

JHJ EAGLE
31-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by forsells no1 fan
But ive heard Gonzales is a bit better than Kolkaa!
Just a little bit!;)

Psyatika
31-12-2004, 08:01 PM
The article:
The London outfit enjoy a good relationship with Inter
Is this actually true? Or do we enjoy the same good relationship that every other club with money does? If it's true, i wouldn't complain...i need an Italian side to support. If Inter want a club to whom to loan out their young prospects for a few years, why should that club not be us?

The London Man
31-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Did you know.....Three former Palace players have managed in Italy, two of them with Inter?

InterFan
01-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by lordanton
I always thought that Coco was pronounced the same way as Cocu (as in Phillip Cocu)???

No its pronounced like the drink! and Andyeagle asked how muck Ventola and Sorondo were being payed at Inter, Im not sure what Sorondo was onbut Ventola was about1.1 milion a year in 02 but it think it would be less now!

ANDYEAGLE
01-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Cheers Inter fan take it it is Euros?

InterFan
01-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Cheers Inter fan take it it is Euros?

yep!

ANDYEAGLE
01-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by InterFan
yep!

Cheers Happy New Year lets hope we can get a few of the Inter Players on board.

Jules
01-01-2005, 11:21 AM
I was half asleep at the time, but this morning Radio 5 had a brief piece where a few national journalists gave their predictions for transfer window signings.

In amongst all the Morientes to Liverpool stuff, one journo (didn't hear who) predicted "Kily Gonzalez on loan at Palace for 6 months".

Promising...

TheCharmer
01-01-2005, 11:27 AM
if they perform like Sorondo I'll be well pleased. Still think Lakis is an option on the left, especially after his performance v Spurs

RickyB
01-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Cool Jules, that would indeed be good. No doubt we'll get some news soon (fingers crossed!)

Hypodam
01-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by The London Man
Did you know.....Three former Palace players have managed in Italy, two of them with Inter?

I didn't. Who were they?

RickyB
01-01-2005, 11:40 AM
http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/feed_news_jump.html?team_id=61&story=162566

spt1978
01-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Hypodam
I didn't. Who were they?

Roy Hodgeson

Celestial Empire
01-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Psyatika
Is this actually true? Or do we enjoy the same good relationship that every other club with money does? If it's true, i wouldn't complain...i need an Italian side to support. If Inter want a club to whom to loan out their young prospects for a few years, why should that club not be us?

SJ is supposed to be mates with, and neighbours in Spain with, an Inter director.
Young prospects ? that'd be good - rather than their injury-buggered old nags you mean ?

cpfc_spc1982
02-01-2005, 09:53 AM
boro also want karaguonis according to the news of the world.

BW_Palace
02-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Would be interesting to be a feeder club of Inter!

BW_Palace
02-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Reports in Italy suggest that Inter will thin out their huge squad by selling almost a dozen players during the January window.

Coach Roberto Mancini has run into problems so far this season due to the sheer number of star names looking for more first team football.

It’s a situation that has pushed the likes of Edgar Davids, Marco Materazzi, Julio Ricardo Cruz, Andy van der Meyde and Euro 2004 winner Giorgios Karagounis on to the sidelines – and to the end of their tethers.

The January transfer window provides the club with the opportunity to thin the herd and find a regular starting eleven, so several internationals are on their way out of the San Siro.

Davids is said to be looking for an overseas switch back to Barcelona, where he spent six very successful months on loan last year, or the Premiership, although Roma provide a very intriguing alternative.

If the Dutchman has trouble getting into the squad, then it leaves precious little hope for the youth team players, so Rebecchi and Beati will be loaned out to smaller sides.

Karagounis has been linked with Bologna, where he would reunite with Greek teammate Theo Zagorakis, while Kily Gonzalez has long been tracked by Premiership giants Arsenal and Manchester United.

There are also problems upfront, as Alvaro Recoba confessed to newspapers that he engaged in a furious row with Mancini during a training session. He doesn’t fit in with the tactical set-up and ‘Il Chino’ is set for a loan move to either Palermo or Sampdoria – hooking up with his former Venezia boss Walter Novellino.

Fiorentina are tracking Julio Ricardo Cruz and Andy van der Meyde, though the Dutch winger is more interested in the Premiership or a return home.

Despite their defensive problems this season, the Nerazzurri have an abundance of players for every role in that area of the pitch. Marco Materazzi and summer signing Nicolas Andre Burdisso have managed just a handful of appearances so far, while Giovanni Pasquale and Francesco Coco have been beset by injuries. Parma and Lazio are keeping an eye on their progress.

With Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar’s agent telling newspapers, “all we are missing to complete the Inter move is a medical,” this leaves precious little room for Fabian Carini. Joining from Juventus in a swap deal with Fabio Cannavaro this summer, the Uruguayan shot-stopper looks set for a switch to Cagliari.

Interesting if true.

I can't see Karagounis coming either if Bologna go in for him.

jazman
02-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
Would be interesting to be a feeder club of Inter!

Maybe Inter are OUR feeder club :p

Ruskin Old Boy
02-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Anyone know if Sorondo is friends with Recoba? Two Uruguyans playing for Palace; quite remarkable :p

Gooders
02-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I thought Inter did a tie-up with the :clown: s a few years back?

pendral
02-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Anyone know if Sorondo is friends with Recoba? Two Uruguyans playing for Palace; quite remarkable :p

you mean the same recoba who receives 100,000 quid a week in wages?

BW_Palace
02-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Andy van der Meyde, though the Dutch winger is more interested in the Premiership or a return home

Realistic target for us?

Daddy Long
02-01-2005, 07:37 PM
No chance

Latvian Eagle
02-01-2005, 07:59 PM
On soccer-Spain's transfer rumours page they mention Karagounis being linked with Mallorca and rated it 3/5.

Just thought I'd mention it on here as 3/5 is a down the middle. Although they're in a similar situation to us at the moment.

lordanton
02-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Who knows...except we have officials out there so it looks like we have a good chance.

Jules
02-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I've never used the :cool: smilie before, but Edgar Davids' name coming up gives me the chance. :cool:

Not that I'm saying he would even wipe his arse on one of our corner flags.

Kiraly05
02-01-2005, 10:03 PM
:rolleyes:

Typical Palace
02-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Gooders
I thought Inter did a tie-up with the :clown: s a few years back?

You're right. The Haddocks had their strip as an away one I recall?

A bit like the link up between us and Juve a few years back...

Fluffynuts
03-01-2005, 07:16 AM
if we get any of theplayers mentioned i'll be pretty happy, better than wht we got.

AJ
03-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by spt1978
Roy Hodgeson

That's scraping the barrel....he didn't actually make a first team appearence for Palace..

PalaceFan@UGA
03-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Inter dont want Karogounis out on loan....:rolleyes:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=247659&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Boro+fail+in+Greek+swoop&channel=Football_Home