PDA

View Full Version : steve sidwell wanted by palace and clowntown

31-12-2004, 06:34 PM
from www.fansfc.com:

Club From: Reading
Club To: Charlton Athletic , Crystal Palace
Transfer Amount: 1.25million
Confirmed: No

Charlton Athletic and Crystal Palace will fight it out for the signature of Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell, who could be available for 1.25million.
:cool:

hernehilleagle
31-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Very good player, not sure if he is worth that much though

matteagle312
31-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Would be a good signing, but Iain Dowie himself said that he was not going to take any risks and buy proven Premiership players, so that should rule out anyone from the Championship.

Scoot
31-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by matteagle312
Would be a good signing, but Iain Dowie himself said that he was not going to take any risks and buy proven Premiership players, so that should rule out anyone from the Championship.
Nah he said established players and Sidwell is pretty established

dougdeep
31-12-2004, 08:36 PM
He was quality for us. As usual though we couldn't afford to keep him.

Jimbo ?
31-12-2004, 11:22 PM
would be a class signing. shame we didnt get him for 75k when reading did, and many BBS'ers were raving about him

cpfc_spc1982
01-01-2005, 01:51 AM
hes a top championship midfielder ..... a mate told me tonight he was off to charlton though.

RDSdaEAGLE
01-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Fans FC make money out of creating crap rumours.

Don't believe it for a second!

Gooders
01-01-2005, 07:08 AM
We need better than that.

leekelly
01-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by gull_palace1
from www.fansfc.com:

Club From: Reading
Club To: Charlton Athletic , Crystal Palace
Transfer Amount: 1.25million
Confirmed: No

Charlton Athletic and Crystal Palace will fight it out for the signature of Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell, who could be available for 1.25million.
:cool:

GOOD PLAYER BUT CAN'T GET OUT OF MY HEAD THAT WOULD LOVE TO SEE DEAN ASHTON OF CREWE LEADING THE LINE WITH A.J:

01-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by leekelly
GOOD PLAYER BUT CAN'T GET OUT OF MY HEAD THAT WOULD LOVE TO SEE DEAN ASHTON OF CREWE LEADING THE LINE WITH A.J: Yer. Mate, take off the capslock and stop going on about this ashton thing because us older bbs'ers are getting very annoyed (well atleast i am)

Chris Finch
01-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by gull_palace1
Yer. Mate, take off the capslock and stop going on about this ashton thing because us older bbs'ers are getting very annoyed (well atleast i am)

I'm not one to talk but your profile says you are 14?
His/Her's says he/she is 36

And you only signed up in June too.

I personally don't mind cap's lock, it's racy and exciting.

01-01-2005, 01:01 PM
you have seen how some bbs'ers get angry i was just trying to warn her

Absolution
01-01-2005, 01:10 PM
I was thinking about which CM players in the Championship would I want to buy if I was ID. Sidwell was defientley the one I thought of good attacking player, good defending and a natural leader.

Question is whether he is talented enough to handle the premiership like Cahill did straight away....

Addicts will get him though, Charlton will look like a safer bet to him as they wont be in a relegation battle or as near to a relegation battle.

Also hes a fan favorite at Reading and the captain he might want more time there before he trys to make the step up.