PDA

View Full Version : Juninho - pure speculation

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-01-2005, 10:06 AM
A Long shot indeed but he doesn't seem happy at Celtic and has not been getting many games. Ofcourse would have a big wage and other clubs would be interested but if we could persuade him to come onloan til the end of the season it would put him right back in the shop windiw playing in the Premiership.

I am probably dreaming we could attract such a player but he is definately established with proven premiership pedigree and Brazilian caps. He is also a instant impact player in a position we very much need

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-01-2005, 02:54 PM
I know he would be hard to get but I expected a few more replies than this even if it was merely abuse.

I mean I cannot see top clubs in England wanting him anymore so surely that would leave us to battle it out with the other premiership clubs to get him and the decent ones such as Newcastle, Middlesborough and Spurs do not need him or would not be interested (obviously Boro just got rid of him) and I cannot see Bolton or Man City needing a player in that position with what they have already in their squad. I believe his wages would be worth the risk as I rate him higher than most other mentioned targets even Berkovic

Harry Holmesdale
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Agree with all this but wages could be a problem and why is he not in Celtics team ?

Essexeagle
04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
He's hardly an impact player any more is he?

Left Boro because he wasn't coming close to getting a look in, wants to leave Celtic because he hasn't had a look-in.

I don't think he is even half the player he was a few years ago.

daz_eagle
04-01-2005, 02:57 PM
washed up.

SE25Eagle
04-01-2005, 03:01 PM
i dont think he would be a good buy for us at all,albeit a very good player i dont think he's the type to roll up he's sleeve's and get stuck in when needed in a religation battle,and maybe there is something wrong with he's attitude?? he always seems to be the blue eyed boy to begin with at these clubs, but then cant even get on the bench

Sussex Eagle
04-01-2005, 03:06 PM
The Times suggested he was a possible signing for us the other day. Don't know if it was just speculation or not. Can't quite see it working out (I haven't seen him play for a while, but judging by his lack of impact at Celtic, I'd guess he is physically past it?) and he'd cost a king's ransom in wages. Then again, the Juninho of about 3 or 4 years ago would be a great addition.

stevek
04-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by SE25Eagle
i dont think he's the type to roll up he's sleeve's and get stuck in when needed in a religation battle,

I think he's passed it now, but this statement is just plain wrong. Ask any Middlesbrough fan what they thought of him when the year they went down? He was an absolute hero (think Lombardo here).

I reckon he'll go to West Brom if anywhere in England (the Robson connection).

aadams
04-01-2005, 03:10 PM
He's not the same player, since his come back from injury. Could'nt do it at boro the 2nd time around & can't get into the Celtic team.

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Some great and fair points made here which have made me think twice about him but I still cannot see any proven Premiership players with the same pedigree available and think this guy might be worth a punt. To be fair Celtic have got a very good player infront of him in Petrov and Juninho did come on for a few minutes in the last game

Chris K
04-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Agreed, just not the same as he used to be. The old version though is exactly the sort of thing we need ;)

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-01-2005, 03:57 PM
come on he is only 31 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/4132079.stm
He was more about natural skill than pace anyway. However his representatives seem a bit arrogant. West Brom been ruled out too and the fact we are a little above them and a loan would mean he is not affected by possible relegation may persuade him. If what stevek says is true about him being up for the fight at Boro then maybe he is more of a Dowie player than people think. I do not think he has lost anymore or has a worse attitude than Berkovic. Would be hard to realistically get him to sign for us but as mentioned most clubs [add Fulham to the list] have players in his position and the fact he would be hard to get might mean he is worth it

stevek
04-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
come on he is only 31 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/4132079.stm
Would be hard to realistically get him to sign for us but as mentioned most clubs [add Fulham to the list] have players in his position and the fact he would be hard to get might mean he is worth it

Completely off topic - but I assume the Fulham player you mean is Steed Malbranque. There are rumours that Villa might buy him (which would be good for us - Fulham could yet fall back into trouble).

Benzhiyi
04-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Too old and too expensive.

bern5161
04-01-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm afraid his future is behind him. If O'Neill won't play him then he ain't good enough

Sir.S.C Remembered
04-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by stevek
Completely off topic - but I assume the Fulham player you mean is Steed Malbranque. There are rumours that Villa might buy him (which would be good for us - Fulham could yet fall back into trouble).

Villa are signing Faye from Pompey I believe and although they are different players with the likes of Hendrie and other (like Thomas H) I see this as unlikely as I believe Villa would not go for 2 central midfielders if they aere only after 4 players (1 of them being a striker - Beattie)

As for too old and too expensive well as mentioned he is only 31 which is not too old and wages would be the only problem which would surely be worth the risk on a short term deal. If we are going to get in a really proven premiership player then he is going to have a big wage, goes without saying.

Also it is no shame not to get ahead of a VERY good player called Petrov and as for not getting in at Boro they also have a good team with the likes of Boateng, Mendieta, Zenden and several forwards

Essexeagle
04-01-2005, 06:05 PM
He's also being kept out of the side by an 18-year-old Scottish kid called Aiden McGeady (who incidentally, has chosen to play for the Republic of Ireland)

cpfc_spc1982
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
id rather give kaviedes a chance.

could do with more bulk and presence in advanced areas.

stevek
05-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
Villa are signing Faye from Pompey I believe and although they are different players with the likes of Hendrie and other (like Thomas H) I see this as unlikely as I believe Villa would not go for 2 central midfielders if they aere only after 4 players (1 of them being a striker - Beattie)

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=247757

Sir.S.C Remembered
30-01-2005, 07:34 PM
No1 has gone for him yet - Last day swoop would be well thought of by myself