PDA

View Full Version : ALAN GOW (airdrie utd)

SILVERBOOTS
04-01-2005, 03:26 PM
You'll probably all laugh, but this bloke is great, ive seen him play 4 times now....he is down as a forward on the books at Airdrie Utd (scot div 1) but he plays just in front of the midfield, has bags of skill, takes on players for the fun of it great shot, takes great bending free kicks, more sturdy than Routledge !!
scored 5 or 6 this season

Already attracted scouts from Ranger Spurs and Villa !

This bloke will go a long way in the very near future

so if we dont sign him remember this name ALAN GOW !

someone Give Bob Dowie a nudge and get him up to scotland !

paf
04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
indeed, some good young players North of the border, the excellent Zander Diamond at Aberdeen could make the step up to the Prem easily.

Sussex Eagle
04-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Good call on Diamond. Derek Riordan of Hibs is another good 'un.

SILVERBOOTS
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
does anyone know of a way to inform our club scouts of Alan Gow ?

ebyeeckeagle
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I know sod all of Scottish footie outside of Celtic, so few Scots involved there. However, someone said a good batch of kids have been appearing thanks to the work Craig Brown did?

Anyway, I would rather a punt on British/Irish young players than foreigners to be honest.

Scotland's No9
04-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Thoughts on Gow from a mate who's an Airdrie fan:

"He is tremendous. Only about 22ish, pretty big and potentially strong though can be a bit of a fairy at times. All the ability in the world though if he just screws the bobbin. Yours for £2million (thatís the player plus the club, stadium, tea ladies etc)"

honeysuckle
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
All the ability in the world though if he just 'screws the bobbin'

originally quoted by Scotland's No.9

.................................................. .

An excellent evocative phrase but what does it mean?

Senor Ding-Dong
04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Young McLaren would be worth a punt from Airdrie as well imo.

Geezer
04-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by honeysuckle
All the ability in the world though if he just 'screws the bobbin'

originally quoted by Scotland's No.9

.................................................. .

An excellent evocative phrase but what does it mean?

Screwing the bobbin was first practised in 1876 by Irish settlers in the USA it refers to the ritual of fashioning a small goat(then known as a bobbin) into a number of threaded lengths which would then me used as screws for house building.

Scotland's No9
04-01-2005, 05:30 PM
In this context it means keeps his head down and concentrate on his football.

SILVERBOOTS
05-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Willie Mclaren is pretty good to i agree, but takes a while to get into the game, he's one of those players that is good when the goings good, but can also have very quiet games........
Nearly always upstaged by Alan Gow

stevek
05-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ebyeeckeagle
Anyway, I would rather a punt on British/Irish young players than foreigners to be honest.

Why? A few more foreigners like Kiraly, Sorondo, Lakis or Kollka would suit me fine.

beveling8
05-01-2005, 07:36 PM
going to uni in aberdeen at the moment so have seen a few spl games and the problem is that there far of the pace of the prem so imagine what the first division is like!
Diamond or Mc Naughton (from aberdeen) could make it in the prem also possibly pressely (sp?) from hearts.

Axeman
06-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Blimey, the last player that all the sweaties on here were raving about and saying 'how good he is' and that 'we wont be disappointed' was Speroni! Look what happened there! This Gow fella must be crap!

SILVERBOOTS
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
good call...........but ive seen GOW with my own eyes several times, id rather have him that Routledge any day !