PDA

View Full Version : Reo-Coker bid rejected

Gazza2
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
The Sun says that West Ham have rejected our 1.2m bid for Reo-Coker.

TheCharmer
06-01-2005, 08:41 AM
i hope we go back with another bid, he is a Dowie type player, and would make an immediate improvement to our midfield 'squad'.

Fatman
06-01-2005, 08:44 AM
i thought he had been a bit hit and miss myself, but I do think he is the TYPE of player we need

Cleon
06-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Not convinced by Reo-Coker - he certainly didn't have the impact at West Ham that they were hoping for having snaffled him from under our noses last year. Still, if Dowie rates him highly enough to go for him again at twice the price that West Ham paid for him last year, then who am I to argue....

Fatman
06-01-2005, 08:48 AM
agree...have plenty of faith in ID

st albans
06-01-2005, 08:53 AM
hasn't set the world alight, and i think 1.2M is slightly overvaluing an average player

cpfc_spc1982
06-01-2005, 10:12 AM
hows he gone up .7m in a year hes hardly setting the world on fire. has been made captain though. his end product is said to be eratic.

Batsta
06-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Rather of gone In for Mcanuff myself. Not too fussed about the wanabe Wet Sham fans favourite.

eagles #1
06-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Get him in if we can!

Bounce back
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
do we get zomora in a buy one get one free deal

gjtango
06-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Bounce back
do we get zomora in a buy one get one free deal

Hope not.

TheCharmer
06-01-2005, 11:14 AM
according to my West Ham mate s, he s been fairly impressive in an erratic team

Scroatey
06-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Isn't he another dwarf?

Kevan Woz Awful
06-01-2005, 11:24 AM
And didn't he have some rather unpleasant things to say about Palace when he opted for Wet Sham instead of us the first place?

arussell
06-01-2005, 12:56 PM
He's not worth that much.

We should go back with a smaller bid, they are a championship club now after all. :p

Pardew tapped him up last season, that's why he never signed for us. He only signed him and Nowland to stop us getting ahold of them.

SE25Eagle
06-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by TheCharmer
i hope we go back with another bid, he is a Dowie type player, and would make an immediate improvement to our midfield 'squad'.

100% agree mate.

maestro
06-01-2005, 03:23 PM
If this is true what i cant understand is why weve waited so long to make a bid for the player? why not bid last month and then if its rejected go for someone else?

Arent Westham in financial trouble anyway? there wages must be huge

Benzhiyi
06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Cleon
Not convinced by Reo-Coker - he certainly didn't have the impact at West Ham that they were hoping for having snaffled him from under our noses last year. Still, if Dowie rates him highly enough to go for him again at twice the price that West Ham paid for him last year, then who am I to argue....

Originally posted by Cleon
hasn't set the world alight, and i think 1.2M is slightly overvaluing an average player

Disagree with both of those. West Ham mate of mine (season ticket holder, knows his football) speaks very highly of him - he's been consistently their best player throughout 2004.

If we don't sign him now and they don't go up, another Premiership club will pick him up in the summer.

cpfcben
06-01-2005, 03:57 PM
He is a much improved player at west ham this season. When i told him my Appy Ammer mate that we had bid for him. He replied '' you can have any one of our players but him!!''

Certainly would be a usefull addition. He has already turned us down once though!!!

pedro
06-01-2005, 07:15 PM
According to West Ham fans the only club linked with Reo-Coker is Birmingham maybe they are preparing for life after Savage.

richdeniro
06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Up the bid to 1.5m I say. Possibly go as high as 1.7.

jim the eagle
06-01-2005, 08:07 PM
is he much better than we already have

Sir.S.C Remembered
06-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Good long term prospect but I feel we would need to make room for long term prospects by getting rid of a few fringe players.

However I would prefer proven players on short term deals who could make an immediete impact at this level

chelmsfordeagle
07-01-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Disagree with both of those. West Ham mate of mine (season ticket holder, knows his football) speaks very highly of him - he's been consistently their best player throughout 2004.

If we don't sign him now and they don't go up, another Premiership club will pick him up in the summer.

My west ham friends (season ticket holders) say the same about reo coker and I agree with your comment that someone else will snap him up if we don't.

The Planet
07-01-2005, 02:18 AM
I'm upset about giving the Hamsters such a big profit, but if he's now ready to cut it in the Premiership (and it upsets their own play off chances :p ) then why not?

Sussex Eagle
07-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Have my doubts about whether he is ready to be the guy to transform our midfield in the last 15 games of the season and be the new attacking element to take the load off AJ. Karagounis & Bullard would both be better for that role short-term imo. But he has the potential to be a great signing long-term.

Tommy Pickle
07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Benzhiyi

Couldn't agree more. He would be a great signing, long term, and IMO he would make a decent immediate impact at selhurst.

sheriff
07-01-2005, 11:47 AM
He is quality, saw him play for dons a few times and he was incredible. and he doesnt shut up, shouts at everyone geeing them up. Bit of a different way to look at this, If we get him it gives Wayne someone from the same sort of background to have in the team. Both lads from Heath, reckon Wayne has been told of this attempt to give an incentive to sign. Maybe...

davematt
07-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by sheriff
He is quality, saw him play for dons a few times and he was incredible. and he doesnt shut up, shouts at everyone geeing them up. Bit of a different way to look at this, If we get him it gives Wayne someone from the same sort of background to have in the team. Both lads from Heath, reckon Wayne has been told of this attempt to give an incentive to sign. Maybe...

Haven't looked at it from that perspective. I am a big fan of this lad and we should improve our bid. West Ham are still their for the taking in the transfer market, despite AP desperate plea to distract clubs from nicking all his decent players.

Sir.S.C Remembered
07-01-2005, 12:12 PM
He would be a great long term signing if we could keep him at the club long term. If he is looking at moving from a club still in the search of promotion then what is to say that he would only want a move to us for 6 months and then to move on if we went down? And in that respect well I am not sure he is worth it and I would rather see someone who can come in at this level and make a proven impact and not take chances.

If he was at a smaller Division 1 club not after promotion then I would be more confidant of retaining his services if relegation occured

LeeH
07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
no matter who we go in for from the Shammers, they will always overprice them just so that they feel as if they've got one over on us. So if we do go for him, expect at least 1.5 or 1.75m to part hands, methinks.

I'd go for it, think he would fit in very well.

gold76
07-01-2005, 01:08 PM
An astute signing, a player who would develop at Cpfc, shame the Hamsters wont flog him to us. They wont have a choice if they dont make the premier though.

Malakite
07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by arussell
He's not worth that much.

We should go back with a smaller bid, they are a championship club now after all. :p

Pardew tapped him up last season, that's why he never signed for us. He only signed him and Nowland to stop us getting ahold of them.

Stuff Reo..at the end of the day, the bloke chose the Hammers thinking we had zilch chance of promotion...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH how wrong he was! :D :hi: