PDA

View Full Version : Dmitri Bulykin in talks with Palace

Pages : [1] 2

El D
12-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Observer today reports a rumour Iain Dowie is in for this Russian striker - anyone know anything about him?

Tony
12-12-2004, 09:10 AM
The Sun reckons he is a 'prolific' scorer with Dinamo Moscow, although some stats that you can turn up on Google says he has scored just once in 24 starts for them in 2004 and has only managed 37 in 163 games for them.

He scored Russia's goal in the 2-1 defeat against Greece in Euro 2004 and has a hat-trick against Switzerland to his name as well.

Was a summer target for Everton and is also, the Sun says, interesting Bolton. Apparently it would be a three-month loan to Wanderers as he is only available while the Russian season takes a mid-winter break.

Hopefully this is an image of his goal v Greece

BW_Palace
12-12-2004, 04:16 PM
He's class on Football Manager. ;)

Jay_Palace
12-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
He's class on Football Manager. ;)

So is Steven Caldwell, let's sign them both up ;)

Panther
12-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Sounds like Bulyks to me.

Brett
12-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Either way, he's plop. I've yet to come across a bigger tart from Russia (if you discount the Tatu girls).

sunshine lucas
12-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Didn't Millwall have a happy (not) Russian transfer experience a while back?? :D

eagles #1
12-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Bolton want him on loan apparently but his club want a fee so this has alerted ID according to the NOTW.

glaziers fan
12-12-2004, 09:21 PM
We need someone who can adapt to Prem football quickly. Andrews is a 2 division jump, Torghelle, Ventola and Kaviedes are foreign and Shipps/Freedman aren't necessarily as good as they once were. If we sign someone, he needs to be at least in with a chance of making an instant impact. That's why a young, promising Coca Cola Championship player would be top of my wish list. Pay the money for Ashton. It would be worth it. If not, Helgusson will do. So would Kyle, Harewood. We desperately need someone with physical presence. Clinton of course is a great player and he can hold the ball up, plus he is well-liked amongst the Palace faithful. Anyone but a player who has never played in the British leagues. It was ok taking a risk in August but in this transfer window, the singings have to have a chance of making an almost instant impact and adapting quickly. That's why the foreigners not used to British leagues should come next summer if at all.

AndyStreet
12-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
We need someone who can adapt to Prem football quickly. Andrews is a 2 division jump, Torghelle, Ventola and Kaviedes are foreign and Shipps/Freedman aren't necessarily as good as they once were. If we sign someone, he needs to be at least in with a chance of making an instant impact. That's why a young, promising Coca Cola Championship player would be top of my wish list. Pay the money for Ashton. It would be worth it. If not, Helgusson will do. So would Kyle, Harewood. We desperately need someone with physical presence. Clinton of course is a great player and he can hold the ball up, plus he is well-liked amongst the Palace faithful. Anyone but a foreigner please. It was ok taking a risk in August but in this transfer window, the singings have to have a chance of making an almost instant impact and adapting quickly. That's why the foreigners not used to British leagues should come next summer if at all.

What are you on?

glaziers fan
12-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by AndyStreet
What are you on?

Sorry, I didn't realise you were so thick that you couldn't understand the thrust of my arguments when I post. I'm sorry if I'm not always literally 100%. My suggestion to you is a) you ask me politely to explain further cos it's gone over your head or b) put me on your ignore list. I really am not bothered which option you take, but I am not going to change my style of posting for your benefit.

Just for clarification purposes, yes Helgusson (sp) is foreign, but he has been playing in English leagues for quite a while now and so IMHO would have more of a chance of adapting to the rigours of the Premiership than Bulykin who to the best of my knowledge has never played in the UK and is according to one on here a 'tart'.

glaziers fan
12-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Sorry, I didn't realise you were so thick that you couldn't understand the thrust of my arguments when I post. I'm sorry if I'm not always literally 100%. My suggestion to you is a) you ask me politely to explain further cos it's gone over your head or b) put me on your ignore list. I really am not bothered which option you take, but I am not going to change my style of posting for your benefit.

Just for clarification purposes, yes Helgusson (sp) is foreign, but he has been playing in English leagues for quite a while now and so IMHO would have more of a chance of adapting to the rigours of the Premiership than Bulykin who to the best of my knowledge has never played in the UK and is according to one on here a 'tart'.

Ps. I've changed the wording of my initial post just for you after all!

AndyStreet
13-12-2004, 12:20 AM
So why not clarify by saying that you'd like to see us only bring in players with experience in the English leagues rather than saying you didn't want any foreigers? I didn't disagree with the thrust of your post btw, however I believe Ventola would be an immense asset were we ever to get him fit although given his injury proneness I can't ever see this happening. Furthermore the ridiculous levels of transfer prices in the English leagues means that we'd have to pay a premium amount for a player like Ashton. Whilst it could pay off in the long run to shell out £4m for a player like him I can't see it happening personally.

RDSdaEAGLE
13-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Take the easy option and stick him on ignore.

Works a treat for me :)

bosko
13-12-2004, 12:28 AM
we need to give torgelle a chance, put sorondo in for hall, lakis for rouledge, go and sign clement from wba get rid of granville and get malbranque from fulham, he is a great midfield goalscorer.

nicky
13-12-2004, 12:51 AM
great, except that

Hall is our best central defender
Clement isnt doing much for WBA

and Malbranque is out of our league

RDSdaEAGLE
13-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by bosko
we need to give torgelle a chance, put sorondo in for hall, lakis for rouledge, go and sign clement from wba get rid of granville and get malbranque from fulham, he is a great midfield goalscorer.

I can't wait to compete with Champions League teams for Malbranque's signature.

Nor can I wait for us to drop Hall, who's been the best defender we've got.

I also can't wait to bring Lakis (who's missed 3 sitters in his last 3 games) on for Routledge, who's our best creater of goals.

Ralph
13-12-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by bosko

I'm not arguing merely debating, but what you're suggesting is, replacing:

Hall for Sorondo

Routledge for Lakis

to incorporate Torghelle means probably losing Watson

so you would get rid of our 3 best players (excusing Johnson)!!!

Popovic has to go when Sorondo is fit, Lakis has not shown enough spark to warrant a place in favour of Routledge and Torghelle has done nothing!!

Daddy Long
13-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Bulykin is a big bastad. Sounds like Dowie wants a target man if this is true. Which it probably isn't.

SpikeyMatt
13-12-2004, 08:31 AM
I'm counting the hours until "West Brom in talks with Bulykin":(

Radders
13-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
I'm not arguing merely debating, but what you're suggesting is, replacing:

Hall for Sorondo

Routledge for Lakis

to incorporate Torghelle means probably losing Watson

so you would get rid of our 3 best players (excusing Johnson)!!!

Popovic has to go when Sorondo is fit, Lakis has not shown enough spark to warrant a place in favour of Routledge and Torghelle has done nothing!!

To be fair, Sandor needs some sort of run so we can see what he can do. I'm sure ID has his reasons but I also think he will give Sandor some sort of run soon.

Poppa for Sorondo, yes!!!

Radders
13-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by nicky
great, except that

Hall is our best central defender
Clement isnt doing much for WBA

and Malbranque is out of our league

Agree, apart from Clement not doing much?? He's been pretty good for WBA so far!!

Ralph
13-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Radders
To be fair, Sandor needs some sort of run so we can see what he can do. I'm sure ID has his reasons but I also think he will give Sandor some sort of run soon.

Poppa for Sorondo, yes!!!

You're right Sandor does need a run to show us what he can do but he needs to earn the right for a place in the team by impressing in the reserves...like Wayne Andrews has, so far Sandor hasnt.

BW_Palace
13-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Sandor was supposed to be a replacement for Shipps (I would think). Unfortunately for all his height, he can't seem to get off the ground properly and win headers and hold up the ball.

Brett
13-12-2004, 12:47 PM
If he wants a target man then he's better off steering clear of Bulykin. He may be big but that's about the only attribute he has. Spends more time on the deck than Frank Bruno.

Mr. Eagle
13-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Helguson would do. He would have no problems settling in and he would make an immediate impact at Palace. The guy is doing the business for Watford and they all think he is a Premiership player, they are quite happy and surprised that no one has come in for him. I myself have seen him play numerous times and he is the sort of player we need upfront, the guy is a complete nut he goes in where it hurts, battles away and is a huge ariel threat, he has also scored some wonderful volleys with both feet. He was Watfords best player when they were in the Premiership but he has had fair amount of spells out with injuries but he seems to have overcome his troubles now and is reguarly scoring goals. Dowie please sign him up!

selhurstparkflyer
14-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Are we looking at any midfielders or central defenders?

Unless we can get Henri or Ronaldho, I really do think our priorities ought to lay there.

Son of Ron
14-12-2004, 01:14 PM
I think the rumours of Jason Euell might be a good move - he is a good player and proven in the English game / Premier League - plus he can play as a striker or midfielder.

Oryol
14-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Brett
If he wants a target man then he's better off steering clear of Bulykin. He may be big but that's about the only attribute he has. Spends more time on the deck than Frank Bruno.

A little harsh, but not entirely unjustified.

I can't really imagine Bulykin fitting into the Palace team, or the Premiership for that matter. And I certainly can't imagine SJ having the patience to negotiate a deal with Dinamo.

nomad
14-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Spends more time on the deck than Frank Bruno.

Should be a perfect replacement for Torghelle then.

dufski13
15-12-2004, 12:37 AM
all the slating of Sandor seems a little harsh. Anyone who was at the Charlton cup game away will tell you that he ran Charlton ragged on the night. he looked dangerous & scored a cracking goal. He is not getting a chance in the prem, but to be fair upto recently AJ on his own up front was doing us proud & there was no need to change it. The last few games we have looked desperately in need of a plan B when plan A hasn't been working. i was pleased to see Sandor come on on saturday, all be it for 10 mins or so. And even more frustratingly we bring him on just before a free kick in a dangerous position & then waste it without getting a ball into the back of the net. Do we practise free kicks at all i sometimes wonder, if we do it doesn't ever show. We must be the least threatening set pieces team in the Premiership by far. But hopefully Sandor can add some of the bristling power to complement AJ, that i think we miss badly at home. If we aren't going to give him a decent chance, then lets at least put Shipps on the bench

dufski13
15-12-2004, 12:39 AM
sorry i meant to say we waste free kicks without getting the ball into mthe area. doh must be half asleep !

nomad
15-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by dufski13
all the slating of Sandor seems a little harsh. Anyone who was at the Charlton cup game away will tell you that he ran Charlton ragged on the night. he looked dangerous & scored a cracking goal. He is not getting a chance in the prem, but to be fair upto recently AJ on his own up front was doing us proud & there was no need to change it. The last few games we have looked desperately in need of a plan B when plan A hasn't been working. i was pleased to see Sandor come on on saturday, all be it for 10 mins or so. And even more frustratingly we bring him on just before a free kick in a dangerous position & then waste it without getting a ball into the back of the net. Do we practise free kicks at all i sometimes wonder, if we do it doesn't ever show. We must be the least threatening set pieces team in the Premiership by far. But hopefully Sandor can add some of the bristling power to complement AJ, that i think we miss badly at home. If we aren't going to give him a decent chance, then lets at least put Shipps on the bench

Fair comment but you cannot escape the fact that he cheats. Call me old fashioned and a bit naive, but I don't like to see that in any player, including our own. Whether he can settle down at palace and prove the doubters wrong is down to him and the opportunities that ID gives him.

magician
16-12-2004, 05:58 AM
which is a hell of a lot as frank like to sleep in the ring now (i would like to point out this a not a metaphor for anal sex!)

NZsparky
16-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Seems to be linked strongly to Bolton

Ruskin Old Boy
04-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by NZsparky
Seems to be linked strongly to Bolton

In the news again today ... same club.

PENGE P
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Dinamo Moscow claaim to have given him permssion to talk to us

eagles #1
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Interesting, i thought he was going to Bolton.

st albans
06-01-2005, 10:55 AM
from teamtalk:

Bulykin set for Eagles talks

Russia international striker Dmitri Bulykin has been given permission to speak with Crystal Palace about a potential move from Dinamo Moscow.

Dinamo left him out of their training squad for a trip to Turkey, and director Yuri Zavarzin has revealed that the Russians would accommodate Bulykin's wish to play in England.

The 25-year-old has also been linked to Bolton, but Zavarzin expects the striker to speak initially with Palace.

Zavarzin told the Sport Express newspaper: "Bulykin is keen to play in England and we're going to meet his wishes.

"Crystal Palace are interested in him and that's why he hasn't come to Turkey with Dinamo.

"We assume that Bulykin will go to London soon and afterwards the final decision about a possible move will be taken."

st albans
06-01-2005, 10:56 AM
anyone know much about him. heard his name around europe for a while now, but admittedly know very little about him. big, target man?, quick, slow? etc

Ruskin Old Boy
06-01-2005, 11:01 AM
http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96814

st albans
06-01-2005, 11:03 AM
cheers Ruskin Old Boy didn't see that one

Ruskin Old Boy
06-01-2005, 11:07 AM
i thought he was a shoe in for Bolton (but see Oryol's comments in the other thread about negotiating with Dinamo)

BW_Palace
06-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Crystal Palace are rivalling Bolton Wanderers for the signature of Dmitri Bulykin, with Iain Dowie desperate to bolster his ranks.

Dynamo Moscow director Yuri Zavarzin has admitted the club are prepared to allow the forward to talk to Palace officials this week.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has stressed that Sam Allardyce was impressed with the Russian's displays during a trial at The Reebok Stadium, but Eagles boss Dowie is bidding to steal a march on Wanderers.

"Bulykin is keen to play in England and we are going to meet his wishes," Zavarzin told Sport Express.

"Crystal Palace are interested in Bulykin and that's why he hasn't come to Turkey with Dynamo.

"We assume that Bulykin will go to London soon and, after that, the final decision about a possible move will be taken."

Dynamo are embarking on a training stint in Turkey, but it seems likely that the 25-year-old will soon be departing the club.

cpfcben
06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Dmitri Bulykin

FACTFILE

Born: 20/11/79
Club: Dynamo Moscow
Position: Striker
Debut: 06/09/03 v Republic of Ireland
Four goals in his first three international appearances sealed Dmitri Bulykin's place in Russia's squad for Euro 2004.
Brought into the squad by coach Georgi Yartsev, the Dynamo Moscow striker helped Russia secure a play-off spot with a hat-trick against Switzerland.

He bagged another goal against Georgia and finished as Russia's top scorer in their qualifying campaign.

The 24-year-old cemented his reputation with three prolific seasons at Dynamo.

Noted for his powerful style, his displays have seen him linked with a move to a host of European clubs.

He spent two weeks on trial at Everton in January 2004 with a view to a permanent transfer when he becomes eligible for a work permit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know? Bulykin earned a reputation as a troublemaker early on in his career and was forced out of Locomotiv Moscow after a clash with Yuri Semin.

cpfcben
06-01-2005, 11:18 AM
A tall and fast striker who mixes defensive diligence with attacking prowess, Dmitri Bulykin's uncompromising style makes him a menace to opposition back lines.

National team
The forward shot to prominence after finishing as Russia's leading scorer in qualifying for the 2004 UEFA European Championship, registering four goals in three games before the play-off success against Wales.

UEFA EURO 2004™ qualifying
Bulykin made his debut in the September 2003 draw with the Republic of Ireland before firing a hat-trick in the 4-1 home victory against Switzerland four days later. He also scored in his next outing against Georgia and will have learned a great deal from the two matches against the Welsh.

Club
Bulykin spent time at the youth academies of both PFC CSKA Moskva and FC Lokomotiv Moskva, the club for whom he made his first Premier League appearance in 1997. He also gained experience in Europe, playing in the UEFA Cup and UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, a competition in which he scored twice against both Arsenal Kyiv and SC Braga in 1998/99 to send his profile soaring.

1999: Eight goals in 26 Lokomotiv games in 1999 were followed by a discouraging 2000 season when a clash with coach Yuri Semin led to him being released. Trials with a number of foreign clubs, most notably UC Sampdoria, followed before he opted to sign for FC Dinamo Moskva, where he would score regularly over the next three seasons.

2004: His one goal so far this season was the winner against FC Amkar Perm on 25 April.

Did you know?
Bulykin is the son of two professional volleyball players.

windy
06-01-2005, 11:20 AM
You can't beat a bit of Buly. :D

stevek
06-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by cpfcben
Did you know?
Bulykin is the son of two professional volleyball players.

Amazingly, no I didn't.

eagles #1
06-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Sounds like our Sandor to be honest.

Chirpsed
06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
heres some more info on him....

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/player.asp?plid=35984&clid=472

hes 6"3 target man, prob the kind of player we were hoping sandor would be, although from what some are saying we could be getting "like for like"

Clapham Grand
06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
This sounds like a huge gamble - buying another foreign striker untried in the Premiership. Apparently the trial at Everton was a disaster too

se1eagle
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=321092&cc=5739

eagles #1
06-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Looks like a fcuking hard •••••••!!

Joeymaz
06-01-2005, 12:58 PM
We need someone who we can bring straight in and won't take a few games to adapt. Also needs to be an improvement on what we already have

RDSdaEAGLE
06-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Hope its a trial.

Benzhiyi
06-01-2005, 02:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/4151325.stm

Sussex Eagle
06-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Not sure I'm too keen on this one. Probably better than what we have for a partner for AJ, but I'm not sure by how much.

Reps AJ
06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Joeymaz
We need someone who we can bring straight in and won't take a few games to adapt. Also needs to be an improvement on what we already have

Like who? On that criteria, it needs to be someone already playing in the Premiership and who wants to move to Palace and who we can afford

Simon A
06-01-2005, 03:03 PM
We need someone who can adapt to Prem football quickly...........If we sign someone, he needs to be at least in with a chance of making an instant impact............Anyone but a player who has never played in the British leagues. It was ok taking a risk in August but in this transfer window, the singings have to have a chance of making an almost instant impact and adapting quickly. That's why the foreigners not used to British leagues should come next summer if at all.

I agree with these parts 100% - too many of our foreign signings have been nowhere to be seen when we needed them and bringing in more of the same is a risk we can no longer afford to take. Time is too short to allow people 3 months to find their feet before seeing whether they can do a job for us.

BW_Palace
06-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Meanwhile, Allardyce has pulled out of the race to sign Russian striker Dmitri Bulykin.

The Dynamo Moscow ace has been a long-term target for Allardyce after impressing on trial.

It was thought that Bolton would try and sign Bulykin in the transfer window, but Allardyce has shelved his interest in the Russian international claiming he is too expensive.

"I don't think we will be able to pursue our interest in Bulykin," added Allardyce.

"It is becoming too expensive for us and we may have to look elsewhere."

Crystal Palace are the latest club to be linked with Bulykin, but news that Bolton cannot afford a deal for his signature would appear to cast doubt over The Eagles' chances of landing him.

Looking good/bad depending on the way you look at it...

Beanie
06-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Not sure about the last line. Bolton must be paying a fortune for some of their "big names" like Okocha, Campo, Hierro. Okay if it works for them - but there must be a limit. We don't have that sort of wage bill.

maestro
06-01-2005, 03:17 PM
dont know much about him but we need a striker with premiership experience, not very hopefull

st albans
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM
not the answer by the sounds of things

hernehilleagle
06-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds interesting

maestro
06-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Maybe they'll let him train for a week or so before we make up our minds

selhurstparkflyer
06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Shame he is not a midfielder or left back, for that matter.

daz_eagle
06-01-2005, 05:33 PM
why are so many being so dismissive?! i trust the dowie's will make a sound decision regarding this potential signing. i think he sounds promising.

Brett
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Because I've seen him play a number of times and he's always looked like a poor man's Gareth Taylor (but wider).

selhurstparkflyer
06-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I really do not understand why we want another striker.

When we go forward we look excellent and we have scored loads of goals this season, as well as having two pens saved and many more good appeals turned down. Even without aj, we netted two at Anfield.

What we surely need is somebody in midfield who can win, hold and pass the ball to a Palace player.

Celestial Empire
06-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Lets look on the bright side, if he's even half-way good in the Prem, Abramovic will come in with a mighty bid (Smertin ?) ;)

The Vicar
06-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer

When we go forward we look excellent and we have scored loads of goals this season, as well as having two pens saved and many more good appeals turned down. Even without aj, we netted two at Anfield.

What we surely need is somebody in midfield who can win, hold and pass the ball to a Palace player.

Another striker should be lower on the priority list, as you suggest.

lordanton
06-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Looks like we will be signing Djetou though. I don't think it matters what order you sign them. I really doubt we put one deal on hold just to do another.

Phil O'Sophical
06-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
Looks like we will be signing Djetou though. I don't think it matters what order you sign them. I really doubt we put one deal on hold just to do another.

He's only on trial at the moment and didn't get offered anything by Southampton after his trial with them.

Panther
06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer

While I wouldn't argue with your final sentence, we need another striker because we've only got one who can be relied upon to score at this level (and no, I don't believe Dougie, Shipps etc would do so on a regular basis).

jim the eagle
06-01-2005, 08:11 PM
not sure we need a player with no premier experience

EagleinOz
06-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil O'Sophical
He's only on trial at the moment and didn't get offered anything by Southampton after his trial with them.

Clapham grand seems to think the deals practically done though and he's generally considered a reliable source. Other people are saying that the reason he's not at Southampton is they wanted him on a 3 week trial which he couldn't wait that long for and thinks that means they don't want him enough. Of course other people are saying it's cause no money's changing hands in the transfer which 'onest 'arry's not keen on....!

Steve in Phoenix
06-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Bleah.. a bit of a Savo Milosevic from my limited viewing.. Alright player but I dont think he's going to help us much.

Phil O'Sophical
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by EagleinOz
Clapham grand seems to think the deals practically done though and he's generally considered a reliable source. Other people are saying that the reason he's not at Southampton is they wanted him on a 3 week trial which he couldn't wait that long for and thinks that means they don't want him enough. Of course other people are saying it's cause no money's changing hands in the transfer which 'onest 'arry's not keen on....!

Thanks. He was certainly a class act in the past but I feel may have faded now.

Also here's a bio of Dmitri "The Bull" Bulykin from Euro 2004. Looks like he's got a bit of a chequered past. Another big powerhouse player that ID seems to like.

The Bull

Dmitri Bulykin had yet to make an impact when with three Euro 2004 qualifiers to go and Russia trailing third in Group 10 brand new coach Georgy Yartsev gave the Dynamo Moscow striker his debut in a crucial 1-1 draw at Ireland in September 2003.

Three days later though the battering ram centre forward scored a hat-trick against group leaders Switzerland as Russia got back on track with a 4-1 victory.

He was on the score card again for the next game, a 3-1 win over Georgia that ensured Russia's second place in the group and a play off against Wales which they subsequently edged 1-0 on aggregate.

Five goals in four games for Bulykin and a ticket to Euro 2004 in Portugal for Russia.

At 6 foot 3 inches (1.90m) Bulykin owes some of his stature to his parents, who both played volleyball at the top level. After emerging from the Lokomotiv Moscow youth set up people were starting to compare him to Carsten Janker, then enjoying succes at Bayern Munich.

Over the top

He broke into the Lokomotiv first team in 1998 when he was just 18 but attracted a certain amount of scorn for his less than professional attitude despite his talent.

In the 2000 season an exasperated coaching staff said a reluctant farewell to the underacheiving Bulykin and he moved to city rivals Dynamo.

He improved somewhat with the move and when one of his former Lokomotiv coaches Geory Yartsev took over the Russian side in 2003, the now mature Bulykin got his international chance.

His international teammates thrive on having the burly man up front and often lob a ball over the top for his youthful legs to chase in a regular tactic to secure goals.

Many are tipping the big man to shine in the Portuguese sun and perhaps then make a move to one of the richer European clubs.

alaneagle
06-01-2005, 10:14 PM
i was just watching sky sports news and it seems that bolton have put in a nu bid for bulykins.

Typical Palace
06-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Bolton signing a big barsteward? Surely not. How would he fit into their style?

chelmsfordeagle
07-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Don't remember him playing for Russia.

For all those that are saying we need a proven prem scorer, who do you suggest?

With have two options when buying players, experienced players who have had some sort of problem (be it lack of form, injury, contract dispute) or untested players either from abroad or from the lower english leagues. We are not an attractive proposition for players currently playing for good teams in good leagues.

sfera
07-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Bulykin scored a decent header against greece in Euro 2004, and here's the virtual replay;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualreplay/euro2004/index.shtml?18017

Jules
09-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Today's Observer - Tales from the tabs - says:

"Bolton are in for Ipswich striker Shefki Kuqi after Palace beat them to Dimitri Bulykin."

lordanton
09-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Have we got him then?

Clapham?

Jimbo ?
09-01-2005, 12:05 PM
no news is good news, if we had failed then i would guess we would know. anyway palace do take their time on transfers

zonin2000
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.footballextra.com/index.php?idd=euro2004/top15

You should be able to download his goal in the Euros from that link.

zonin2000
09-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Shocking marking from "one of the best defences in World football." :eek:

Ian of Chatham
09-01-2005, 12:45 PM
I see a Palace flag behind the goal when Bulykin scored, it has "5-0" on it

zonin2000
09-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm afraid that was a Wigan flag :(.

maestro
09-01-2005, 01:16 PM
When if sam Allardyce sp? wants him then thats got to be a good sign

paulie144
09-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Bulykin set for Eagles talks

Russia international striker Dmitri Bulykin has been given permission to speak with Crystal Palace about a potential move from Dinamo Moscow.

Dinamo left him out of their training squad for a trip to Turkey, and director Yuri Zavarzin has revealed that the Russians would accommodate Bulykin's wish to play in England.

The 25-year-old has also been linked to Bolton, but Zavarzin expects the striker to speak initially with Palace.

Zavarzin told the Sport Express newspaper: "Bulykin is keen to play in England and we're going to meet his wishes.

"Crystal Palace are interested in him and that's why he hasn't come to Turkey with Dinamo.

"We assume that Bulykin will go to London soon and afterwards the final decision about a possible move will be taken."

Jay_Palace
09-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but this has already been done on another thread.

Mong!
09-01-2005, 11:01 PM
lets hope!

paulie144
09-01-2005, 11:02 PM
ok no prob hadnt seen it before

Sussex Eagle
09-01-2005, 11:03 PM
:( Me want Ellington. Can someone pleeeeease check that the club are aware of the 3 Million release clause?? Surely they'd be interested at that price.

davematt
09-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
:( Me want Ellington. Can someone pleeeeease check that the club are aware of the 3 Million release clause?? Surely they'd be interested at that price.

Hopefully SJ & ID will this week:)

It does sound like this clause is in Ellington's contract, as Jewell confirmed it on Radio 5 live this evening, which was very strange. This has now lead to speculation that Ellington is looking for a move.

Jay_Palace
09-01-2005, 11:10 PM

This guy is pretty good though Sussex, and has scored goals in continental and international competition.

For the money (1.8 million, I believe that he's valued at) Dowie may well see him as a better signing for us.

I would be happy with either though in truth.

ANDYEAGLE
09-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
This guy is pretty good though Sussex, and has scored goals in continental and international competition.

For the money (1.8 million, I believe that he's valued at) Dowie may well see him as a better signing for us.

Where did the fee come from Jay first time I have seen anything?
Does not sound a bad price but what are his wage demands? Sam at Bolton said they were too high for them.

Jay_Palace
09-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Where did the fee come from Jay first time I have seen anything?
Does not sound a bad price but what are his wage demands? Sam at Bolton said they were too high for them.

I believe that Bolton were quoted something along those lines to sign him permenently. This is what put off Allardyce, as he wanted to loan him.

eagles #1
10-01-2005, 12:21 AM
I dont think he'll be coming here.

Ian of Chatham
10-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by zonin2000
I'm afraid that was a Wigan flag :(.
I don't think so Zonin, look again to the right of the goal.

Sussex Eagle
10-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace

I'm sure he has the potential to do very well for us. And I'm sure Iain is a better judge of this than me. But I'd be suprised if he made the instant impact we require. Does he speak good English? Is he known to have any attitude problems? Has he been injury prone in the past? We can't afford a 'settling in period'. I dearly hope he proves me wrong if we get him, but I can't imagine him scoring say 7-10 goals in our remaining fixtures. I can see the Duke doing that.

Il Padrino
10-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Standard says that he is on a 4 day trial after Harewood bid was rejected.

Also says that Kaviedes is gone and Shipperley is being linked with Gillingham

davematt
10-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Il Padrino
Standard says that he is on a 4 day trial after Harewood bid was rejected.

Also says that Kaviedes is gone and Shipperley is being linked with Gillingham

I can't see us going over 3,000,000 for Harewood, so who next??

Oh wait, there is another striker in that league available for exactly that!!! His name is Nathan, and he is worth it.

Come on Simon, just for once, swallow your pride and get the money out (transfer fee, wages etc..) and buy us the striker that will, with AJ, keep us in the Premiership.

Richwak
10-01-2005, 10:40 AM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=248840&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Bulykin+aims+to+seal+move&channel=Football_Home

good news guys!

Farawayeagle
10-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Bulykin aims to seal move

by Slava Zaitsev -_ created on 10 Jan 2005

Dmitri Bulykin is in London ready to seal a move to Crystal Palace, but Dinamo Moscow have wasted little time in finding a replacement.

Bulykin was expected to join Bolton during the transfer window, but Palace have now stepped in and are set to clinch his signature.

The Russian international is now in London discussing terms with Palace and he is confident of sealing a deal later this week.

"It is possible my contract will be signed by January 14," said Bulykin.

"I know that the club is 17th in the table and it is fighting to stay in the Premier League, but I want to help them in this fight."

While Bulykin is on his way out of the Dinamo Stadium - a host of names are going the other way, the biggest being Porto's Brazilian striker Derlei.

The 29-year-old has agreed a deal with Dinamo and is just the latest Portuguese-based recruit for Dinamo.

Danny Miguel_and Nuno Freuchat arrived from Sporting Lisbon and Boavista last week, and they have now been joined by Derlei, Porto team-mate Thiago, Gil Vicente's Jorge Ribeiro - who is the brother of Maniche - and Sporting Braga striker Cicero.

Cicero recently enjoyed a trial spell at Premiership outfit Newcastle United and the Russian press claims Dinamo outbid The Magpies to land the 18-year-old.

Reps AJ
10-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Richwak
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=248840&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Bulykin+aims+to+seal+move&channel=Football_Home

good news guys!

Dmitri Bulykin is in London ready to seal a move to Crystal Palace, but Dinamo Moscow have wasted little time in finding a replacement.

Bulykin was expected to join Bolton during the transfer window, but Palace have now stepped in and are set to clinch his signature.

The Russian international is now in London discussing terms with Palace and he is confident of sealing a deal later this week.

"I know that the club is 17th in the table and it is fighting to stay in the Premier League, but I want to help them in this fight."

While Bulykin is on his way out of the Dinamo Stadium - a host of names are going the other way, the biggest being Porto's Brazilian striker Derlei.

The 29-year-old has agreed a deal with Dinamo and is just the latest Portuguese-based recruit for Dinamo.

Danny Miguel and Nuno Freuchat arrived from Sporting Lisbon and Boavista last week, and they have now been joined by Derlei, Porto team-mate Thiago, Gil Vicente's Jorge Ribeiro - who is the brother of Maniche - and Sporting Braga striker Cicero.

Cicero recently enjoyed a trial spell at Premiership outfit Newcastle United and the Russian press claims Dinamo outbid The Magpies to land the 18-year-old.

Igor Iconic
10-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Reps AJ
Cicero recently enjoyed a trial spell

Cicero, a trial - history repeating.

Classic name.

Sorry, logging out now.

st albans
10-01-2005, 10:47 AM
sounds pretty done and dusted

EnmoreEagle
10-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Well, I think this is good news, presuming that ID is gonna play him up front with AJ, meaning that we might also be in the market for another central midfielder type, as I'm not sure we have the right cattle to play 4-4-2. If our wide guys are some combination of Kolkka/Lakis/Routledge and assuming Aki plays in the middle, then not sure if Hughes has a role. Ben Watson might have one in team, but neither are real playmakers. Despite being an Australian, I think if we can get any sort of money for Tony Popovich we should take it, but I suspect no one is interested. Shame to see Craig Moore go to Germany, think he would have been a good option.

eagles #1
10-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by eagles #1
I dont think he'll be coming here. I'll be so happy to have thought wrong :D

Come on the Bull!!

Richwak
10-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Can see a great partnership here

Owngoal
10-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Dimitri is 6 feet 3 inches, leads the line, got a hat trick against Switzerland (the Republic and others have found them really hard), if he does well on trial he could be a good signing. Liked these quotes about him:

A tall and fast striker who mixes defensive diligence with attacking prowess, Dmitri Bulykin's uncompromising style makes him a menace to opposition back lines.

Noted for his powerful style, his displays have seen him linked with a move to a host of European clubs.

limited_edition
10-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Reps AJ
Dmitri Bulykin is in London ready to seal a move to Crystal Palace,

I like that sort of attitude. He clearly wants to play for us. Hope the deal goes through.

screamingalice
10-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Please no more overseas players! We have not a good history with them and what is the point of bringing in a player from outside the prmiere league and this country who may take over half a season to settle in? We just do not have that time to muck around. If we have not sorted out anybody by now, I cant see us managing a decent signing, so we may as well save the money and stick with what we have.

BW_Palace
10-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Sounds good.

Sounds like Bulykin has got something Sandor hasn't got - pace. Hopefully he's less temperamental too.

eagles #1
10-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Sounds good.

Sounds like Bulykin has got something Sandor hasn't got - pace. Hopefully he's less temperamental too. Sandor's not that slow actually.

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by screamingalice
Please no more overseas players! We have not a good history with them and what is the point of bringing in a player from outside the prmiere league and this country who may take over half a season to settle in? We just do not have that time to muck around. If we have not sorted out anybody by now, I cant see us managing a decent signing, so we may as well save the money and stick with what we have.

We have got to the end of the month to sign Players. 3 weeks yet.I am sure they will come,if they dont we will be relegated as all the other clubs at the bottom are improving or in the process of improving thier squad. As for overseas players not sure about the Russian would rather have someone like Ellington anyday. Hope we get the inter players on loan.

zonin2000
10-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Feed the Bull and he will score?

Raoul Duke
10-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't sign now :(

BW_Palace
10-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Sandor's not that slow actually.

He's not that fast either. (I haven't seen him sprint away from a defender or anything).

eagles #1
10-01-2005, 11:29 AM
He's not that fast either. (I haven't seen him sprint away from a defender or anything). I have.

Son of Ron
10-01-2005, 11:32 AM
only to blatantly dive when through on goal ?:p

eagles #1
10-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Son of Ron
only to blatantly dive when through on goal ?:p Exactly! ;)

Very sharp turn of pace, almost as quick as when he hits the ground.

RDSdaEAGLE
10-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Sandor isn't slow. He had the beating of Ledley King and Gardner against Spurs...which I would say is a fair example.

Chris K
10-01-2005, 11:44 AM
I like the sound of him and perhaps a move to 4-4-2,

then we could have a midfield made up of

Lakis - Djetou (if he signs, i'd like him to!) - Wayne (free creative role) - Kolkka.

we've then got watson, hughes, aki to come in.

stevek
10-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Chris K
I like the sound of him and perhaps a move to 4-4-2,

then we could have a midfield made up of

Lakis - Djetou (if he signs, i'd like him to!) - Wayne (free creative role) - Kolkka.

we've then got watson, hughes, aki to come in.

I think we'd get overrun and never get possession with that team. At the very least, switch Wayne and Lakis.

BW_Palace
10-01-2005, 11:49 AM
We'd get EASILY overrun.

We struggled with Aki and Hughes, imagine just Djetou and Wayne...

AJ
10-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by screamingalice

I disagree. Aki, Kiraly, Kolkka, Sorondo and Lakis have all played well for Palace this season. The disappointments have been Kaviades, Ventelo(sp?), Speroni and maybe Torghelle? That is 5-4 for overseas players.

hernehilleagle
10-01-2005, 12:10 PM
I think this sounds very promising. From his brief comments it sounds like he has a good 'dowie' attitude.

PalaceMonkey
10-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by AJ
I disagree. Aki, Kiraly, Kolkka, Sorondo and Lakis have all played well for Palace this season. The disappointments have been Kaviades, Ventelo(sp?), Speroni and maybe Torghelle? That is 5-4 for overseas players.

and ventola has only been a disappointment because he's injured.
he looked really good in the short time that he did play

danibutcher
10-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
and ventola has only been a disappointment because he's injured.
he looked really good in the short time that he did play

You may be a primate but u talk sense... Ventola has impressed me and many people when he has been on the pitch :lux:

Chris K
10-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by stevek
I think we'd get overrun and never get possession with that team. At the very least, switch Wayne and Lakis.

sorry should have put that in as an 'either or' option. I'm not so sure to be honest from what's been written Djetou seems to be a similar but better player than Aki. I think playing wayne or lakis in a creative central may spark what we've been laking in the middle. Although this may explain why i;m not a football manager LOL

Dodges_Mate
10-01-2005, 12:31 PM
I am pleased with this only if dowie will play him upfront with AJ which i think he will. Come On The Bull!!!!

Celestial Empire
10-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Key difference between Bulykin and Torghelle is two or three years of playing experience.
Since when have monkeys been primates ? ;)
Bulykin seems ready to rumble, but so was Gabor - remember how long that took ? Big question is : will SJ deliver this time ?:confused:

Sussex Eagle
10-01-2005, 12:33 PM
We'd get EASILY overrun.

We struggled with Aki and Hughes, imagine just Djetou and Wayne...

Wayne would be better in the middle than Watson, and possibly Hughes, though. If 4 defenders and one more in midfield (Djetou) (or indeed Aki, as he's basically a defensive player at heart) ain't enough to protect Gabor, I'd be worried. Conceding goals isn't our big problem, making them is. Wayne was a big threat coming down the middle vs Villa. Perhaps him, Aki & Djetou in a 4-5-1 would be more sensible though.

screamingalice
10-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by AJ

Fair point, but how long has Aki been with us now? He has had his up and downs since joining. Kiraly had time to bed in before he was thrust into the first team. Kolkka is playing well now, but took time to settle and had mixed reviews early on, Lakis has only just established himself and has yet to score-and we are desperate for goals from the midfield (Kollka has only two all season!) Sorondo as with many overseas players always seems to be in and out of the team due to injury. Perhaps the pace and pressure of all the games we play here is not ideal for most overseas players. Speroni may be a good long term prospect, the rest we may as well saved our money! There is no less risk in signing a good Championship player (like Ashton) who would have no cultural problems and would be prepared for the pace of the premiere league. (A,J, has managed it!)

When you take into account the cultural issues, pace of the game, pressure and of course the upheaval of moving to a new country (and settling down any family) we perhaps do not have the benefit of the time it all takes. When we certainly need players who can be in the squad for Saturday at Man City and almost certainly for Spurs-two defeats would be a severe blow and with City smarting over the Oldham game and Spurs in top form-we need good performances.

Shoreditch CPFC
10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=248840&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Bulykin+aims+to+seal+move&channel=Football_Home

Joeymaz
10-01-2005, 01:50 PM
No point buying him if we are still only gonna play one upfront.

st albans
10-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Joeymaz
No point buying him if we are still only gonna play one upfront.

thats the point. probably 4-4-2 from now on i would have though. IF we can get a prem experience central midfielder

Chief Brody
10-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Wayne would be better in the middle than Watson, and possibly Hughes, though.

Sussex, must say I would not have Hughesie in my starting 11 based on his recent performances. All he appears to do at present is make poor decisions in many aspects of his game, is off the pace and appears to hinder many of our attacking moves. Can't say what the answer is with the current personnel but IMHO it does not include Hughes.

Cheers

davematt
10-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Can't get excited over this signing one bit. Our record with foreign strikers make the signing of Ade Akinbiyi look shrewd.

Sussex Eagle
10-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Chief Brody
Sussex, must say I would not have Hughesie in my starting 11 based on his recent performances. All he appears to do at present is make poor decisions in many aspects of his game, is off the pace and appears to hinder many of our attacking moves. Can't say what the answer is with the current personnel but IMHO it does not include Hughes.

Cheers

I think much the same - but I don't think we can afford to use Watson and Soares too regularly as they look overwhelmed at the best of times, and with Aki injured it leaves us with little option. As I said, if Djetou signs, a midfield of -

Lakis - Aki - Wayne - Djetou - Kolkka

- could just work.

Celestial Empire
10-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by davematt
Can't get excited over this signing one bit. Our record with foreign strikers make the signing of Ade Akinbiyi look shrewd.

By the law of averages, we should be due for a hit though. ;)

davematt
10-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I think much the same - but I don't think we can afford to use Watson and Soares too regularly as they look overwhelmed at the best of times, and with Aki injured it leaves us with little option. As I said, if Djetou signs, a midfield of -

- could just work.

Change that from could to will work. That looks our best possible line up in the middle, especially if Djetou signs.

davematt
10-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
By the law of averages, we should be due for a hit though. ;)

We are due a 'special' striker from the foreign shores. Maybe this could be the one :lux:

davematt
10-01-2005, 02:16 PM

I forgot, Akinbiyi was foreign as well :bash: :bash:

So here's my list of foreign striking rubbish to wear the red & Blue...

Ade Akinbiyi
Michele Padavano
Thomas Brolin
Sandor Torghelle (Sorry, but he has not delievered)
Antunes ( That Brazillian )
Dele Adebola
Ricardo Fuller ( Good now, but pony when he played for us)

There is a moto in this sequence...BUY BRITISH!!!!!

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2005, 02:18 PM

- could just work.

Dont fancy Wayne in the centre of midfield have to keep Hughes there and move Wayne back to the left. Lakis I would put on the left although he is right sided in place of Koolka but thats a close call.

Shoreditch CPFC
10-01-2005, 02:21 PM
14:20 10Jan2005 RTRS-Soccer-Russia striker Bulykin set to join Crystal Palace

By Gennady Fyodorov
MOSCOW, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Russia striker Dmitry Bulykin is likely to join English Premier League side Crystal Palace from Dynamo Moscow, his father said on Monday.
"I think everything is pointing to that direction, although he hasn't signed a contract yet," Oleg Bulykin told Reuters.
The 25-year-old striker arrived in London on Saturday and planned to have his first training session with struggling Palace later on Monday.
"Hopefully, everything will be decided this week," Bulykin's father said. "I know that (Dynamo boss) Yuri Zavarzin has given his permission for Dmitry's move to the London club."
Bulykin, who has 15 caps for Russia, had also been linked with a move to fellow premiership side Bolton Wanderers.
He also spent a week on trial with Everton a year ago but the two clubs failed to reach agreement.
Last week, the Moscow club left Bulykin out of their squad for a trip to warm-weather training in Turkey.
Dynamo had already made sure of not being understaffed by signing Brazilian striker Derlei from Porto on Sunday for 7.5 million euros ($9.83 million), according to local media, as well as Portuguese forward Miguel "Danny" Gomes from Sporting last week.
Bulykin first burst on the international scene in September 2003 when he notched a hat-trick in his second full international to lead Russia to a 4-1 win over Switzerland in a Euro 2004 qualifier.
He followed that with a fine all-round performance against Georgia, scoring a first-half equaliser to help Russia to a 3-1 victory that secured their playoff spot.
Bulykin also scored one of Russia's two goals in last year's Euro finals, his header giving his country their only victory in Portugal, a 2-1 win over eventual champions Greece in a group-stage match.
Meanwhile, Ecuadorean striker Ivan Kaviedes, who joined Palace for 2.0 million pounds ($3.75 million) in August, looks set to leave after failing to settle in London.
He only made five appearances for the Palace -- four briefly as substitute -- and has not played for them since they lost to Manchester United in the League Cup in November.
((Editing by Jon Bramley; Reuters Messaging: gennady.fyodorov.com@reuters.net; +7 095 775 12 42))
($1=.7628 Euro)

lordanton
10-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Everybody gets the Kaviedes deal wrong!!! :bash:

About the midfield Sussex, swap Lakis and Wayne and you have the same midfield as i proposed in another thread. Kolkka, Lakis and Wayne could swap at will - it would be awsome.

Where would Bulykin go though?

Jules
10-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Has a fee been mentioned for Bulykin?

Typical Palace
10-01-2005, 05:20 PM

Dele Adebola

Dele may be qualified to play for another country, but he's as British as jmas on Spaghetti Junction - have you herad his Brummie twang?

Akinibiyi also only qualified for Nigeria through parentage, he played all his football in England, therefore he's no foreigner.

AJ is qualified for Poland, but you can't tell me he's not British... or is he just the right race?:p

GOD
10-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Carl Vert :eek:

chav_hater
10-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Padavano?

GreatGonzo
10-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Midfield of

Wayne - Aki - Djetou - Kollka

--------Bulykin---AJ---------

Both the 2 strikers havea history of getting back to help ouyt in midfield and drop a bit so i think that will be a great side!

Nelson Muntz
10-01-2005, 05:35 PM
-------Helguson-----AJ--------

RDSdaEAGLE
10-01-2005, 05:36 PM
We don't need 2 defensive midfielders in the centre, we need a bit more creativity if anything.

Bulykin or Helguson, I wouldn't mind either, whichever links best with AJ.

KungFuCharlie
10-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Once (touch wood) Ventola is fit again, we could feasibly have AJ, Ventola and Bully to chose from, with Sandor waiting in the wings. That could be the case as early as mid-Feb, giving us by far the best front line in the bottom 8 of the table in my view. A big man, a quick man, an all rounder. I like it.

KungFuCharlie
10-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Oh, and if you have a big man up front, AJ can play a bit deeper (a la last 20 at Spurs), in which case you CAN afford to have two defensive centre mids, IMO.

Sussex Eagle
10-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by lordanton
Everybody gets the Kaviedes deal wrong!!! :bash:

About the midfield Sussex, swap Lakis and Wayne and you have the same midfield as i proposed in another thread. Kolkka, Lakis and Wayne could swap at will - it would be awsome.

Where would Bulykin go though?

Back to Moscow...

Just kidding, I should think he's good. Nothing wrong with having options - if Aki is really out for a little while, then we could switch to 4-4-2 with AJ & Bulykin up front and see how that works.

macstar
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM

Ade Akinbiyi
Michele Padavano
Thomas Brolin
Sandor Torghelle (Sorry, but he has not delievered)
Antunes ( That Brazillian )
Dele Adebola
Ricardo Fuller ( Good now, but pony when he played for us)

Akinbiyi, Padavano, Brolin Agree with.....

Adebola is british

Torghelle STILL hasnt been given a proper chance

Antunes played for nothing as was OK for us.

Ricardo Fuller also wasnt given a proper chance and came in when times were bad.

Kirby
10-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Jules
Has a fee been mentioned for Bulykin?

Someone said £1.8m

alaneagle
10-01-2005, 08:32 PM
they sed on the skysports palace page that bulykins hopes to sign a contract next week

cpfc_spc1982
10-01-2005, 08:58 PM
if this is a lump who can hold the ball up and head it plus obviously have the required fitness and technical abilty i hope we sign him. would rater british though.

Steve in Phoenix
10-01-2005, 09:40 PM

Yeah cos Marco Gabbiadini and Gareth Taylor were the dogs bollox...

No wait.. they were just bollox...

I like the midfield you posted though.

ps. it would have 3 out of 5 who were foreigners bought during this season :)

mainstandeagle
10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Bulykin's a decent player. I wouldn't mind seeing him in red and blue.

Granada allover
10-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by KungFuCharlie
Oh, and if you have a big man up front, AJ can play a bit deeper (a la last 20 at Spurs), in which case you CAN afford to have two defensive centre mids, IMO.

I can see this happening with AJ running more at defences from a tad further back - much as he did at the back-end of last season behind Shipps/Dougie.

ambrose
10-01-2005, 11:05 PM
я очень хочу, что Булыкин придет к нам, чтобы я могу стать переводчиком или прочее!!!!!

(I really hope Bulykin joins us so i could get to be a translator for him or soemthing!!)

Nelson Muntz
10-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by ambrose
я очень хочу, что Булыкин придет к нам, чтобы я могу стать переводчиком или прочее!!!!!
WOW. Russian on the BBS. Great work ambrose.

bigee
10-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
hWOW. Russian on the BBS. Great work ambrose.
Well,if we cant get an Abromovich at least we've got someone who can speak the lingo!

Phil O'Sophical
10-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Reading this interview on a Russian web site from last November I wonder whether we're not picking up another problem child if he signs. Is this the sort of guy to knuckle down to the ID/Harbin regime?

Dmitry Bulykin: I am not Yarcev’s favorite!

During last season Dmitry Bulykin was criticized by everyone. Many were saying to Georgy Yarcev: why do you invite him to the national team, he doesn’t score?! During the whole length of the Russian championship big forward only one goal. In the end, he was a reserve for the last and most important match against FC “Spartak”.

- Dmitry, how would you explain your lack of goals this season? Maybe, last years success was too much for you?

- I would not say so; everything went in the wrong direction from the start. There was a new head coach in “Dinamo” – Czech’s Hrebik, he set the new rules. For example, after lunch he didn’t allow us to have a short nap. Only you think about relaxing, you hear the command: ‘Come on , to the second training session!’. We have not yet recovered from the first one, but he tells everyone to go outside. Before Hrebik was the head coach, we didn’t have to attend breakfasts, and sleep a little longer instead. But he started registering footballers in order to make everyone attending dining hall. Everyone, even on the first pre-season training started to show their dissatisfaction, but Hrebik didn’t pay any attention. To be honest, at that time I already started thinking that we might have big problems in the championship. We didn’t understand Hrebik. In the second round match against CSKA, I was disqualified – for the disagreement with Ignashevich. Later I was injured, so everything went even more down hill.

- But when Victor Bondarenko replaced Hrebik you didn’t start scoring more.

- Yes, I didn’t. We started playing even worse than before – five losses in a row. It is good that we managed to remain in the Premier league.

Rewards from “Loko”

Before the last three matches, “Dinamo”, which was on the edge of falling into abyss, has appointed Oleg Romancev. He managed to save the club from relegation and helped the team take two gold points away from CSKA.

- Is it easier for you to understand Romancev in comparison to Hrebik or Bondarenko?

- We have different training sessions with Oleg Ivanovich. Bondarenko, for example, didn’t allow us to play square. Romancev, in turn, gives a lot of exercises with the ball, puts emphasis on tactic, scoring opportunities. He can motivate players before the match. You can see straight away that he is a high class coach.

- However, he didn’t let you play in the last match against “Spartak”. Why?

- I don’t know, I didn’t ask. Before the last match I was very nervous. I think everyone in the team was nervous. If we were to loose against “Sparta”, come to think about, we would have to play in the first division. It is coaches choice, whether to let or not let me play.

- Would you have agreed to play in the first division?

- If we were to be relegated, and I didn’t have any offers, that I would have to play. Why not? The also play football in the first division.

-But you had offers in England, from ‘Everton”. Or you changed your mind?

- After the Euro 2004 the offer from “Everton” was still valid. But Yury Zavarzin (general director of FC “Dinamo”) told the English men that he doesn’t want to sell me. What will happen now – mystery. At the moment I am with the team.

- Dmitry, there are rumors that “Dinamo” played so well against CSKA because they we rewarded by “Lokomotiv”. In media there was even a sum of 300 US Dollars.

- Yes it is true that CSKA opponents for the first place have promised to reward us if we can take away points from CSKA. But, “Loko” has offered us 200 US dollars and not 300. That was what the president told us anyway. The reward was not paid straight away – we had a match against “Spartak” ahead of us. We were rewarded only later when we have saved out place in the premier league.

- What do you think about the rumors that “Spartak” didn’t play with 100 percent effort against ‘Dinamo”. That both clubs agreed to end the match in a draw before hand?

- You can’t do anything about such rumors. I do not pay attention to them.

- This year, people started to call you Yarcev’s favorite. Because, Bulykin stopped scoring goals, but he is still invited to the national team. Do you feel offended by such talks?

- Such comments can only be produced by non specialists – those who don’t know anything about football. If the players gives effort, tries to get the ball in every situation and only helps the team – why should he not be invited to the team? I can also add: everyone has its own point of view. One coach likes the player, the other doesn’t. That how it works.

- But you would have to agree that one goal in the championship for the national team player is too little.

- I have already explained why that is! In the next season everything will be different.

In one room with Ignashevich

Before the qualifying match of the World Cup 2006 against Estonia Yarcev has for the first time not used Bulykin. And nothing bad happened: our team has won - 4:0. Both forward Sychev and Kerzhakov played so well as if they were familiar with each other for a long time. It is interesting that Bulykin was unable to say a single player’s surname from the Estonian national team. But then quietly added: Only Laizans from CSKA. We had to explain to our forward that Laizans plays for the Lithuanian national team.

- Who do you talk to most often in the Russian national team?

- On the base, with Sychev and Kerzhakov. What do we do? Drink tea. We are not allowed to drink any alcoholic drinks. Last time I was in the same room with Ignashevich in Bor.

- With whom you almost had a fight with in spring?

- We were not going to fight! We just pushed each other and were disqualified for five matches. It was good that later they decreased the punishment to three matches. Otherwise it would have been the same punishment for one push as for the real fight team on team (match “Saturn” – CSKA). This is ridiculous.

- Could you become a member of the Disciplinary committee and announce hard punishments after the end of you career as a football player?

- I would have announced decisions according to justice. But, it looks like it is not always possible under our circumstances. Some one has influence over those decisions. Anyway, let’s end this topic of discussion or I might get penalized in the same way as Evseev was.

Besides
On the base or in the hotel Bulykin prefers to get a room number 101. He thinks it is lucky.

P.S.
His last holiday, Dmitry spent with his girlfriend Oksana on the Maldives. They were accompanied by Yury Laizans and his wife. Where Bulykin will go for this year’s holidays, he hasn’t decided yet.

“Express gazeta Online” from 29 November 2004.

cpfc_spc1982
10-01-2005, 11:18 PM
During the whole length of the Russian championship big forward only one goal.

worrying

Jimbo ?
10-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Kirby
Someone said £1.8m

that seems a lot??????

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Can we sign Ellington please Russians dont travel too well to English football. I remember being gutted when Scumwall beat us to those two young Russian I think Internationals. What a delight it was to later find out the only thing they contributed to was increasing the local crime rate. 5k a week each they paid them what justice for the scum.

zonin2000
10-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
worrying
Russia only scored two!

cpfc_spc1982
10-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by zonin2000
Russia only scored two!

his one goal was in the whole of a league campaign for his club not euro 2004.

Ian of Chatham
10-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ANDYEAGLE
Can we sign Ellington please Russians dont travel too well to English football. I remember being gutted when Scumwall beat us to those two young Russian I think Internationals. What a delight it was to later find out the only thing they contributed to was increasing the local crime rate. 5k a week each they paid them what justice for the scum.

If I remember correctly, one of those Russian players who played for Millwall was really taking the Yuran.

bigee
10-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Ian of Chatham
If I remember correctly, one of those Russian players who played for Millwall was really taking the Yuran.
Very,very good!

ANDYEAGLE
10-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Ian of Chatham

Love it Ian.

limited_edition
10-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Typical Palace
Dele may be qualified to play for another country, but he's as British as jmas on Spaghetti Junction - have you herad his Brummie twang?

Akinibiyi also only qualified for Nigeria through parentage, he played all his football in England, therefore he's no foreigner.

AJ is qualified for Poland, but you can't tell me he's not British... or is he just the right race?:p Dele had a scouse accent. Whereas. Ade's from Hackney.

zonin2000
10-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
his one goal was in the whole of a league campaign for his club not euro 2004.
:eek: :eek:

Does anybody remember Carsten Jancker's record in the Bundesliga, before being selected for the German squad for the 2002 World Cup?

Worse than Bulykin that season... :)

Farawayeagle
11-01-2005, 05:53 AM
I like this guy's attitude about playing for Palace.
I just hope his ability matches his keeness

Palace excites Bulykin
SBS

Russia international striker Dmitri Bulykin is keen to wrap up a move to Crystal Palace from Dynamo Moscow this week.

The 25-year-old will train with the London club in a hope to impress Palace boss Iain Dowie after a proposed loan deal with Bolton fell through.

"I came to London late at night on Saturday," Bulykin told Sport Express.

"The English season is at its height but I have only just started preparation and I'm not in my best form, that's why I worry a little. But I hope that I will sign a contract with the club."

"I know Crystal Palace are 17th and struggling against relegation but I want to help them to get out of this situation."

Dynamo has expressed its desire to sell Bulykin.

"If everything suits the English side they will sign Bulykin. Crystal Palace know that we are going to sell Bulykin and we don't plan to give him on loan like Bolton offered," the club's executive director Yuri Zavarzin declared.

TheCharmer
11-01-2005, 06:27 AM
a worry that even he admit s he s out of touch though....

st albans
11-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Farawayeagle
"The English season is at its height but I have only just started preparation and I'm not in my best form, that's why I worry a little.

brilliant, lets hope this is a bit of taking his words in the wrong context. we can't afford to have players unfit and taking a while to get it back. we'd have ventola back by then

Oryol
11-01-2005, 08:16 AM
- Dmitry, there are rumors that “Dinamo” played so well against CSKA because they we rewarded by “Lokomotiv”. In media there was even a sum of 300 US Dollars.

- Yes it is true that CSKA opponents for the first place have promised to reward us if we can take away points from CSKA. But, “Loko” has offered us 200 US dollars and not 300. That was what the president told us anyway. The reward was not paid straight away – we had a match against “Spartak” ahead of us. We were rewarded only later when we have saved out place in the premier league.

200 whole dollars?

El Aguila
11-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I admire his determination not to let his manager or anybody else stop him from having a nap after lunch. An unarguable reason for poor form, really, as long as he wakes up in time for those Saturday three o'clock kick offs.

Granada allover
11-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by El Aguila
As long as he wakes up in time for those Saturday three o'clock kick offs.

You mean like George Graham (http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17780) didn't one day...

GreatGonzo
11-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Erm i think what he means is it is like pre-season to him at the moment, something to do with Russians not playing football at the mo as their pitches are covered wth snow! Dowie will be able to assess him over the week and se if he likes what he sees.

hernehilleagle
11-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Good attitude

Mr Palace
11-01-2005, 09:56 AM
I can't help but thinking this is a panic buy from Dowie. It looks as though Bulykin is not even fit (understandable as it's the close season in Russia) so it's going to take him a few weeks at least to adapt to Harbin's training regime. The problem is that we need players who can instantly come in and make a difference. The disastrous signings of Kaviedes and Torghelle show that only established international players with proven track records should be considered at this stage of the season.

Reading an interview with Bulykin that was posted earlier, it doesn't appear that he enjoy rigorous training sessions either so who knows how he will adapt at Palace. Also, his scoring record makes Emile Heskey look like Thierry Henry. It seems as though Dowie might have gone for Ashton and Harewood but was knocked back, so now we're being forced to look at alternatives. It certainly doesn't bode well as we could have another Torghelle here.

nottsunieagle
11-01-2005, 09:58 AM
ah, the torghelle haters rise again. he has looked good when he's come on, providing reasonable support for AJ. he's 22, learning a new language and settling in a completely new climate. and its hardly his fault he can't get in the team when we play one upfront with the top english goalscorer.

Gooders
11-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Our Hungarian friends told us to a man that they didn't think Torghelle was Premiership class by any stretch of the imagination, at this stage.

One for the future.

GUCCI Eagle
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Suspicious panic buy. Rather have Helguson.

ANDYEAGLE
11-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by nottsunieagle
ah, the torghelle haters rise again. he has looked good when he's come on, providing reasonable support for AJ. he's 22, learning a new language and settling in a completely new climate. and its hardly his fault he can't get in the team when we play one upfront with the top english goalscorer.

If we play 442 Shipps should be in the team. He is a far better player than Torghelle and he can only learn from him.

EnmoreEagle
11-01-2005, 10:15 AM
How many goals has Torghelle scored in the magoos??

Reps AJ
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Mr Palace
The disastrous signings of Kaviedes and Torghelle show that only established international players with proven track records should be considered at this stage of the season.

Both are established internationals with proven track records in their respective leagues.

Daddy Long
11-01-2005, 10:19 AM
He doesn't sound like the impact signing that we've been waiting for to come in and help us string a few results together. He may become that - but do we have the time to wait.

Mr Palace
11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
nottsunieagle, I don't hate Torghelle at all, but the guy's absolute sh*t. I've seen him a number of times this season, including in the reserves, and he's been very poor for me. Hopefully he'll come good in the future though but the fact Shipps is getting more of a look in over him speaks volumes for me.

Plus, his diving antics have really annoyed me. He couldn't stay on his feet for the Spurs and Fulham games and I don't like to see that at all, especially as he's a big lad. I really hope he comes good in the future but he's been a big disappointment so far for me.

eagles #1
11-01-2005, 10:46 AM
He's not "absolute sh*t" at all mate. Suppose he was absouloute sh*t against Charlton when he scored that brilliant goal in the Cup was he? :rolleyes:

BW_Palace
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Anyways.. from what I HAVE SEen though... i'm going to be honest with you.. if I were a Palace fan.. i'd be disappointed. The guy is a big guy but so what?? hes crap. No skills.. not a good finisher at all.. and for those of you who watched Euro 2004, you'd know that although Russia had a very bad year... and a lot of people didn't play well... he was probably their worst player missing two sitters and in general proving to some extent he's pooooo. But as I said i haven't watched him enough to be 100% sure.. hes crap but from what i've seen it doesn't look good and shows how weak of a team Russia is now adays when you see him in STARTING line up sometimes.

the small pacey guy 19 year old who has very bright future ahead of him is Kerzakhov.

Sytchev is quite pacey too and was supposed to be big thing.. but flopped at Marseille and is back in Russia now and nothing special really but that Kherzakhov guy is

About Bulykin from someone. He has said he hasn't seen him too muc h though.

nottsunieagle
11-01-2005, 11:45 AM
mr palace, i take your points on board, but have faith. he will come good.

Mr Palace
11-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Yes, eagles #1, so he's scored one half decent goal this season. Have you watched any of the reserve games he's played in where he's been distinctly average? The guy's very poor and I doubt he'd do well in the Championship on the evidence I've seen so far, let alone the Premiership. Why beat about the bush? If he was good enough Dowie wouldn't be looking for another striker, would he?

He can't even get a look in over Shipps at the moment and, with all due respect, that is saying something.

st albans
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
can we all wait until he actually signs and plays before slaging him off. if he signs i'll give him the chance he deserves

Jules
11-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Might need a work permit, too? I think he would have played the right number of international matches. Or have the rules changed?

Could work on his fitness while we get it sorted.

eagles #1
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes, eagles #1, so he's scored one half decent goal this season. Have you watched any of the reserve games he's played in where he's been distinctly average? The guy's very poor and I doubt he'd do well in the Championship on the evidence I've seen so far, let alone the Premiership. Why beat about the bush? If he was good enough Dowie wouldn't be looking for another striker, would he?

He can't even get a look in over Shipps at the moment and, with all due respect, that is saying something. Well we'll see wont we. Im sure if we'd played 4-4-2 he would have been in the 1st team. Played brilliant when he came on at Spurs.

Tommy Pickle
11-01-2005, 02:40 PM

He can't even get a look in over Shipps at the moment and, with all due respect, that is saying something.

When you say 'at the moment' do you mean 'last Saturday in the cup' when ID chose to bring Shipps on instead of Sandor?

The strikers that are permanantly contracted to the club and are in IDs long term plans are AJ, Torghelle, and Andrews. The fact that Dowie is looking to bring another striker to the club is no real surprise, and IMO does not back up your theory that Torghelle is cr@p.

cpfc_spc1982
11-01-2005, 04:52 PM

exactly.

sajoati
11-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Nemzetisport.hu (Hungary's national sports paper, online ed.) has a 17:48 news, saying Bulikin signed, and Kaviedes left the club.

Oryol
11-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Nothing on the Russian newswires yet.

I doubt anyone's interested, but this is Oksana Kuptsova, the lady our Dmitri steps out with:

Jimbo ?
11-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by sajoati
Nemzetisport.hu (Hungary's national sports paper, online ed.) has a 17:48 news, saying Bulikin signed, and Kaviedes left the club.

hope so - would be nice to have some positive things on the site

LeeH
11-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Jimbo ?
hope so - would be nice to have some positive things on the site

Aint that the truth! :p

eagles #1
11-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Oryol

I doubt anyone's interested, but this is Oksana Kuptsova, the lady our Dmitri steps out with: :eek: sign him up sign him up!! :)

HARRY MONK
11-01-2005, 06:21 PM

I doubt anyone's interested, but this is Oksana Kuptsova, the lady our Dmitri steps out with:
fuc#ing hell definately sign him if she is coming to selhurst

limited_edition
11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I doubt anyone's interested, but this is Oksana Kuptsova, the lady our Dmitri steps out with: Are you kidding ? All the male posters on the BBS will be interested. :D

ANDYEAGLE
11-01-2005, 06:50 PM

Why has she got that ugly picture in front of her? Take it away.

KungFuCharlie
11-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Is that how she goes to games?

She'd get cold in Moscow.

spunky
12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
sorry if this has been discussed already but, of palace do get bulykin would he actually play? i cant see Dowie dropping AJ unless god forbid he gets injured and can anybody see dowie changing the 4-5-1 formation?

hernehilleagle
12-01-2005, 04:50 PM

:o

Tommy Pickle
12-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by spunky
...can anybody see dowie changing the 4-5-1 formation?

Yes if we get a quality centre midfielder.

spunky
12-01-2005, 05:13 PM
and who would the quality centre midfielder be? Berkovich who has taken most of the teams hes played for down? and who would be dropped to get him in, Hughes? one of the few players with any premiership experiance in the team? Riihilati? one of our best all round players this season or watson whose just good?

BW_Palace
12-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Hughes? one of the few players with any premiership experiance in the team?

The same one who seems off the pace at the moment?

Riihilati? one of our best all round players this season

Who's injured?

watson whose just good?

Who's tired?

cpfc_spc1982
12-01-2005, 05:18 PM
even if we get berkovic we would have to keep the 5 man midfield or move to a diamond to in corporate him.

spunky
12-01-2005, 05:38 PM
diamond might work kolkka and lakis on the wings aki in holding and berk attacking? tis a possability

cpfc_spc1982
12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by spunky
diamond might work kolkka and lakis on the wings aki in holding and berk attacking? tis a possability

diamond doesnt really have wingers.

zonin2000
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Spunky, the diamond formation does not have 'wingers'.

Also, who has Eyal Berkovic been relegated with? Nobody, as far as I know!

spunky
12-01-2005, 07:23 PM
i know that i was really refering to the 2 players who play on either side of the diamond, sorry for confusion

zonin2000
12-01-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't think that they'd be particularly suited to that position.

Hughes and Soares, perhaps.

Chris K
12-01-2005, 07:55 PM

thats that settled then, i'm moving my season ticket to the Players Lounge. Thanks for the info :p

Freddy Kurz
12-01-2005, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by spunky
[B]and who would the quality centre midfielder be? Berkovich who has taken most of the teams hes played for down? and who would be dropped to get him in, Hughes? one of the few players with any premiership experiance in the team? Riihilati? one of our best.....

Think you should check your facts about Berkovic and the teams
you say he has played for and taken down, spunky.
Have checked the "2004/05 Sky Sports Football Year
Book" and find that he has never been relegated with
any of the teams he has played for in his professional
career: These are Maccabi Haifa, Southampton,
West Ham, Celtic, Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City
and Portsmouth.......Who else do YOU have in mind?

bigend1
13-01-2005, 06:38 AM
from todays sun..........

BOLTON boss Sam Allardyce will sacrifice Henrik Pedersen to land Russian Dimitri Bulykin on loan.

A package to land the Dynamo Moscow hitman initially proved too expensive but moving on Danish star Pedersen will fund a renewed bid.

Great a wages bidding war if true, just what we need

bigend1
13-01-2005, 06:39 AM
If bolton really are back in for him, at least it suggests he really is good. If big sam is willing to get rid of pederson to get him in.

Stigma
13-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by bigend1
from todays sun..........

BOLTON boss Sam Allardyce will sacrifice Henrik Pedersen to land Russian Dimitri Bulykin on loan.

Dynamo Moscow want’s to sell the player, not loan him out. They’ve already rejected one loan offer from Bolton.

ANDYEAGLE
13-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by bigend1
If bolton really are back in for him, at least it suggests he really is good. If big sam is willing to get rid of pederson to get him in.

Rather have Pederson at least we know he can adapt to our leaque.

GreatGonzo
13-01-2005, 09:21 AM
They have to get rid of Pederson first and tht may not be easy, we are still in the driving seat but that will change depending on how long this whole saga drags on for.

Daddy Long
13-01-2005, 09:28 AM
I think this is just a rehashed story - something to fill a few column inches.

Kevan Woz Awful
13-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Didn't I read a quote from Bulykin that said he expected to sign on 14th January?
At least we only have one day to go.

spunky
13-01-2005, 09:30 AM
sorry i was under the impression he was with west ham when they went down and man city when they went down. and pompy just about stayed up dispite his efforts

Granada allover
13-01-2005, 09:33 AM
This is Oksana Kuptsova, the lady our Dmitri steps out with:

A firm hint that we'll sign both Bulykin and Kuptsova - with Bulykin playing in the hole.

eagles #1
13-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Dave reckons Dowie is not impressed with Mr.Bulykin. Not sure how he knows that and he said he may be wrong so who knows?

Tommy Pickle
13-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I think this is just a rehashed story - something to fill a few column inches.
Hope so.

GreatGonzo
13-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Dave reckons Dowie is not impressed with Mr.Bulykin. Not sure how he knows that and he said he may be wrong so who knows?

Dowie was inmpressed with Kaviedes in a weeks trial and then not impressed further for 4 months, has been unimpressed with both Djetou and Bulykin. It is all a bit worrying.

eagles #1
13-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Dowie was inmpressed with Kaviedes in a weeks trial and then not impressed further for 4 months, has been unimpressed with both Djetou and Bulykin. It is all a bit worrying. Agree. I personally thought Djetou would be a perfect signing.

gold76
13-01-2005, 01:06 PM
The thing that most worries me is that he's only hit the one goal this season. We really need to bring someone in who'll hit the ground running, not take 6 months to bed in. Which is why I & others on here think we should maybe sign someone like Helguson, who is at least used to the English game.

RednBlue
13-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Dave reckons Dowie is not impressed with Mr.Bulykin. Not sure how he knows that and he said he may be wrong so who knows? From Teamtalk:
Dowie likes look of Bulykin

Crystal Palace boss Iain Dowie admits he is impressed with what he has seen so far from on-trial striker Dmitri Bulykin.

But he insists he will not rush into a deal for the Dynamo Moscow man.

Bulykin is currently training with the Eagles in a bid to win a move to the Premiership and Dowie said: "So far he has done okay. We are not going to rush into anything, but he has looked big and powerful and it is a good opportunity to have a look."

Meanwhile, the Palace boss has revealed he will not be continuing an interest in former Fulham midfielder Martin Djetou.

"Martin looks a very accomplished player, but is probably not for us," he added.

sunshine lucas
13-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Yep, take your time Iain... Pleeeenty of time.... er, it's mid-Jan now!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

maestro
13-01-2005, 02:13 PM
doent sound to me as if he's convinved of this guy, would much rather have Helguson as a target man

David of Kent
13-01-2005, 02:52 PM
"Djetou looks an accomplished player but isn't for us"

I'd quite like a few accomplished players please :(

gold76
13-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent

Oh he's an accomplished player all right, yet not in the positions we need.

eagles #1
13-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by gold76
Oh he's an accomplished player all right, yet not in the positions we need. Better than any of our players in the position he plays im afraid. Maybe wages were the problem.

Benzhiyi
13-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by David of Kent

Djetou suffers from Hayden Mullins Syndrome.

He's a very talented player but not quite good enough in the air to play centre back, not quite quick enough to play right back, and not quite energetic enough to play centre midfield.