PDA

View Full Version : Dowie bigging up Crouch last night.

John Jackson
06-01-2005, 10:48 AM
On sky Downer kept going on about how good Crouch layed with Phillips.Looked like he had his eye on how well he would play with AJ to me!!

Moonbeam
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
People may laugh at Crouch, I know I did when he came on for QPR against us but he might be a good addition to our squad. He can score too.

CPFC247
06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Not a big fan, but after the way he played last night i can't see Harry letting him go anywhere.

The 2 of them (philips / crouch) looked a good pairing.

Funny how ID could not keep the smile off his face when being asked if the draw was the best result for Palace. Quality.

westsussexeagle
06-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I thought he had a great game and linked well with Phillips. Pretty certain that Redknap senior would have done too. If Dowie was going after Crouch wouldn't he downplay the guy rather than 'bigging' him up! That would just make Crouch more expensive!

Jimbo ?
06-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I like him, but saints have just let beattie go, there is no way they will let crouch leave too

eagles #1
06-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah Crouch is going nowhere. He is turning into a good player though, looked good last night.

Putney Eagle
06-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't know why saints don't recall Kenwyne Jones from Wednesday.

He is a big gangly centre forward who is banging them in!!

GUCCI Eagle
06-01-2005, 11:33 AM
I can just see Harbin putting him on the weights and turning him into some kind of donkey kong cyborg footballer.

LeeH
06-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
I can just see Harbin putting him on the weights and turning him into some kind of donkey kong cyborg footballer.

a la Mickey Droy :p

cpfc_spc1982
06-01-2005, 12:37 PM
he wins headers but they rarely have any direction.

maestro
06-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Southampton wont let him go, in the 2nd half all southampton did was hoof the ball up to him, without his areial prescence i think they would have lost last night

Walrus
06-01-2005, 07:35 PM
And to think that he's not actually "anything special" in the air - he's just tall.

He's actually a fairly skilful footballer, not a target man.

Shipp Ahoy!
07-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Not going to happen and I don't think Dowie wants to sign him anyway.

glaziers fan
08-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by John Jackson
On sky Downer kept going on about how good Crouch layed with Phillips.Looked like he had his eye on how well he would play with AJ to me!!

Won't happen now but I still fail to understand why we didn't sign Crouch in the summer if Dowie rates him that highly. Someone is interfering in these transfer dealings. Bob Dowie?

Sleeping Giant
08-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by glaziers fan
Won't happen now but I still fail to understand why we didn't sign Crouch in the summer if Dowie rates him that highly. Someone is interfering in these transfer dealings. Bob Dowie?

A big man to latch on to crosses from our 2 flying wingers, knockdowns for the mega sharp AJ, likely to maintain his value, not that much money relatively when you look at the "Carlos Kickaballs" we've taken over the years. I was astounded that we didn't get him just as I was astounded that we quibbled over 100K for Cahill when we had no other players signed up. Only bottom lines matter! Jordan is simply a man who is happy to "cut his nose off to spite his face" as he showed in the "talisman" Steve Vickers scenario. Maybe ID didn't want Crouch but as a club we're still messing up big style these days!