PDA

View Full Version : Candela/Pasquale

BW_Palace
06-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Queens Park Rangers are believed to have targeted two Serie A defenders to help lead their ambitious push towards The Premiership.

Roma's Vincent Candela (pictured) and Internazionale's Giovanni Pasquale are reportedly on The R's wanted list during the transfer window.

It is being speculated in Italy that Rangers have opened talks with both clubs with regard to bringing the duo to England.

Ian Holloway's side have conceded the second most goals from the top 19 sides in The Championship and are keen to tighten up at the back.

The R's could be set to make a signing after revising their offer for Bristol City's Matthew Hill and are in talks with the player.

"We are delighted to finally have the opportunity to speak to Matt," said chief executive Mark Devlin to the club's official website.

"He is a player that Ian Holloway admires greatly. We hope to persuade him that he will enjoy a bright future here at Loftus Road."

I know this is to do with QPR, but if QPR are going in for them (and have opened talks!) why can't we?

Pasquale would be a good one at left-back as is Candela. If Dowie was interested I'm sure we would have a chance of getting them ahead of QPR? (especially Pasquale, with our Inter links)

Jules
06-01-2005, 02:10 PM
candela is a recent full French international left back, so could be a great signing, if fit.

Clapham Grand
06-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Candela!! QPR!! WTF?

Chirpsed
06-01-2005, 02:29 PM
haha they are having a laugh! Candela from Roma to QPR???

I would laugh if he entertained the notion of any of the bottom of premiership going for him, let alone fizzy pop league

Kirby
06-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Candela!! QPR!! WTF?

Innit!?!?!!?!??!!?!?! :eek: :o

danibutcher
06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
QPR hahahahahahahahaha

etu
06-01-2005, 04:00 PM
That is Ultra ambitious... and we should submit quick enquiries to check if this is true, because if they are available they'd do a job here I'd imagine and I'd have thought we were more attractive...

edit: Now I've ungripped my jaw from the ground, could you post where you got that from?

BW_Palace
06-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Sky Sports.

Adlerhorst
06-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Roma are broke and would probably let fringe players out on loan just to be rid of the wages. Wouldn't have thought Candela was a fringe player though.

BW_Palace
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Yea, and Pasquale is another victim of the fact that Inter have such a huge squad.

Fat Andy
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
take this article with a huge pinch of salt. One of QPR's directors used to be Candelas agent and is great friends with him, and just went to visit him. He was also Ravanelli and Benito Carbones agent, which is why QPR have been linked to them in the past.

Tony
06-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by BW_Palace
Yea, and Pasquale is another victim of the fact that Inter have such a huge squad.

Is that why they let him go and arse about in the jungle with Janet Street Porter for a couple of weeks?

RickyB
06-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Q P Har Har Har....

I like Candela - let's get'im!

BW_Palace
07-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Roma defender Vincent Candela seems likely to leave the Italian giants.

The French internationalís current contract expires at the end of the season and, as yet, he has not been offered a new deal.

The 31-year-old has struggled to hold down a place in the Roma side this season since Luigi Delneri took charge at the capital club. Candela is now considering a move away from Roma after seven years with the Giallorossi.

The playerís agent Alexander Kristic revealed his client was set to leave Roma either in this monthís transfer window or at the end of the season on a free transfer, with a number of clubs keen on the Frenchman.

"He is coming to the end of his contract at the end of the season and there is a real possibility that he could move on in the winter transfer window or in the summer," Kristic told skysports.com.

"He is not in the side at the minute and there is interest from a number of clubs all round Europe.

"Vincent has been at Roma for seven years and maybe the time has come for a new challenge."

The former Guingamp ace has been linked with a shock move to Queens Park Rangers according to reports in Italy, but Kristic insists it is more likely he will move to Spain or France.

"No-one from Queens Park Rangers has called me about Vincent and I have had no dialogue with Roma," he stressed.

"There is interest from clubs in Spain and France and it is unlikely that he would stay in Italy after Roma. But, maybe England."

Come on Dowie, sign him up. ;)

Clapham Grand
07-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Isn't Candela a left-back?

cpfc_spc1982
07-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Isn't Candela a left-back?

either full back.

Sussex Eagle
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Better on the left though. If it's a choice of him or Coco, I'm happy with either :p

Brett
07-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Not being funny but if he's considering QPR then he knows something about his own form and fitness that none us but possibly Premiership clubs who've overlooked him do, too.

If you know what I mean.