PDA

View Full Version : Stefano Bettarini- the next star on his way?!?

cpfcben
06-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Sampdoria defender Stefano Bettarini has revealed that a London side is interested in acquiring his services, along with a host of Italian clubs.

The 32-year-old has not played this season following a five-month ban for betting irregularities but is now set to make a playing return for Samp.

Betterini's ban is due to end on January 25 and he intends to prove he is still a good player following his spell out of the game.

Betterini has six months remaining on his deal with Sampdoria and wants to give coach Walter Novellino something to smile about before leaving on a free transfer.

"My contract is set to expire, and I won't ask for an extension," explained Bettarini. "My aim is simple, to stay here for another six months.

"I want to play at a high level and show that Bettarini is still Bettarini and to make Novellino happy.

"I've received a lot [of offers]. Lazio have followed me, Parma were interested too. I've also had a proposal from Livorno too.

"And another [offer] from abroad too. A London team, but I cannot say their name."

Clapham Grand
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't like to bet on that!

Justy C
06-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Did I read today that QPR were after some Italian players? Maybe this was the fella they were after. Can't see him coming to us, sounds like trouble and I don't think Dowie would go for that.

Son of Shacker
06-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Bettarini (if the name itself isn't a wind up) and Ventola.

Mmmm. Mafia betting scandal on the horizon:eek:

Dark Star
06-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Good going forward but a crappy defender. He's more likely to go to Lazio in a complicated player exchange deal that involves Samp forward Fabio Bazzani and Lazio's Simone Inzaghi .

LeftHandedEagle
06-01-2005, 10:58 PM
I think QPR were after Vincent Candela and another very amibtious player if I read the same thing as you did Justy.

Will you tell them or shall I?:cool:

Spender
07-01-2005, 05:58 AM
Dont see this ! Dowie is looking to the future in his signings !

hernehilleagle
07-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Too old and too much of a risk