PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jagielka


75points
09-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Useful player - competitive in midfield and versatile . Use Ships as makeweight if necessary as Warnock has a high regard for him. 600k plus Shipps should be more than enough.

zonin2000
09-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 75points
Ships - makeweight
:o

cpfc_spc1982
09-01-2005, 10:20 PM
warncock wouldnt do business at that amount both him and tonge are on long contracts i think.
he does have a soft spot for a striker though.

palacefan_72
09-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Either of them two would be a great signing.

Shipp Ahoy!
09-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Phil would be a very good signing to say the least.

cpfc_spc1982
09-01-2005, 10:44 PM
hes development has been stagnated because he hasnt been used in a regular position.

Timbo
09-01-2005, 10:51 PM
If we use Ships as a makeweight we'll send Jag into orbit a la Tom & Jerry!

Jules
09-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Timbo
If we use Ships as a makeweight we'll send Jag into orbit a la Tom & Jerry!

I rate jagielka, but thought he was looking a bit lardy yesterday.

Very versatile, can play centre mid, centre defence, right b ack and sub goalie!

Trolley
10-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 75points
Useful player - competitive in midfield and versatile .

In actual fact, 'Jagielka' can ply his trade at right back, centre half or in midfield.Furthermore,the laddie has been called on to 'plough his furrow' as an emergency goalkeeper, and speaking to 'Mr Warnock', he considers 'Jagielka' to be one of the best 'cover' goalkeepers in the country.

:p

PalaceFan in Alabama
10-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Trolley
and speaking to 'Mr Warnock', he considers 'Jagielka' to be one of the best 'cover' goalkeepers in the country.:p

:S:

Brett
10-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Too right Phil, Colin W has often said that on the TV and in the papers...

andy_cpfc
10-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Cannot see him going for less than 2 million, he signed a 4 year contract last season. He is vital in their serge for promotion so he won't be leaving on the cheap

Ian of Chatham
10-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 75points
Useful player - competitive in midfield and versatile . Use Ships as makeweight if necessary as Warnock has a high regard for him. 600k plus Shipps should be more than enough.
You are clearly desperate to see the back of Shipperley aren't you. In many of your posts last season you have been singing his praises.

Trolley
10-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Brett
Too right Phil, Colin W has often said that on the TV and in the papers...

'Hand on heart', I have NEVER heard or seen 'Mr Warnock' divulge any such information though the media.
In our conversation, 'Mr Warnock' also stated that the laddie is fleet of foot, is 'composed' whilst in possession, is a strong competitor and possesses a ferocious shot.

:grrr:

mr_teen82
10-01-2005, 11:42 AM
He can also play in goal.

Thats why Warnock doesn't field a sub keeper.

El Aguila
10-01-2005, 11:49 AM
He played in goal against us - not exactly a revelation - in fact he was so good I didn't realise he wasn't a proper goalie until afterwards.

James Melody
10-01-2005, 12:04 PM
In "my" recent conversation with "Mr Warnock" recently he informed me that "Trolley" was a "fictitious" character in a "fictitious war".

Trolley
10-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by James Melody
In "my" recent conversation with "Mr Warnock" recently he informed me that "Trolley" was a "fictitious" character in a "fictitious war".

A botched 'omelette' from a surly chef.

:grrr:

andy m
10-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Who in their right mind would admit to being on speaking terms with that Warnock?

Gark Moldberg
10-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by El Aguila
He played in goal against us - not exactly a revelation - in fact he was so good I didn't realise he wasn't a proper goalie until afterwards.

In fairness to 'the lad' I don't think we 'tested him' much that afternnon at all.

75points
10-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Ian I was saying the samething last season - I'm not Ships greatest fan - although he seems a decent bloke when I have spoken to him . Thought for first half of the season in the Championship he was woeful . But he is a battler and scored a few important goals towards the end of last season which he deserves credit for.
I don't think ID gave enough opportunity at the begining of the season to existing squad members - who at least for the first few games would have carried on the fight (Ships included although he may have been injured) . Given ID's apparent rigidity on 451 system we need some qulaity midfielders and fast.

AlgotTheEagle
24-07-2006, 08:57 AM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=5742

Mabye worth a bid ?

Last year on his contract.

RDSdaEAGLE
24-07-2006, 09:02 AM
He's wanted by a host of premiership clubs. No chance whatsoever.

martin.cpfc
24-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Weren't Arsenal looking at him last season? We've no chance.

We wouldn't pay 5m either.

AlgotTheEagle
24-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by martin.cpfc
Weren't Arsenal looking at him last season? We've no chance.

We wouldn't pay 5m either.

But if they must cash in on him the price would be no near 5 milj

Has`nt he played under Taylor in U21 too ?

nathe
24-07-2006, 09:12 AM
No chance of him coming whatsoever.

If he leaves sheff utd it will be to a prem club

sydnsteve
24-07-2006, 10:02 AM
WTF??? Any one in the real world here?