PDA

View Full Version : TheTransfer Window

DocSavage
12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Well there I was all brimming with positive ideas about a couple of good signings to strengthen the team, perhaps a dynamic midfielder to carve a niche through the centre of the opposition, maybe an industriou forward to sit behind AJ in our beloved 4 - 5 - 1 formation.

And yes the rumours started almost immediately, links to several out of contract mediocrities, a few mumdrum sidelined has beens, and ohhhhhh!!!! Goodness me I'd forgotten the coin had a flip side, the jewels in the crown are on the market stall, from AJ (the demi god), Wayne (the alladin of midfield), Gabor (Thor himself) and OH NO even the great man himself whose name can only be whispered with reverence is linked with some bunch of tykes (or are they dykes? - whatever they're BROKE!!!!)

Oh well where's my gin bottle?

jim the eagle
12-01-2005, 09:23 PM
It does seem that at the moment we will be in the worst postion of all of the promoted clubs come the end of the transfer window,no quality players brought in and 1 having left or leaving in the summer

Mong!
12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
nevermind ay, typical palace!!!

Jay_Palace
12-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by jim the eagle
It does seem that at the moment we will be in the worst postion of all of the promoted clubs come the end of the transfer window,no quality players brought in and 1 having left or leaving in the summer

FFS get a grip!!!

It's the 12th of January and we are close to signing Bulykin and Berkovic, and are also in for a couple of as yet unamed players.

Why the panic? Would you have like to have seen Kevin Campbell at Palace?

No wonder Palace fans are seen as whingers with attitudes like that :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

palacefan_72
12-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Alike you, I couldnt wait until January arrived but now I fear the worst, AJ might well have to be sold, Waynes going and now Gabor the great is on his way. Have to say that maybe Dowie's inexperience is starting to show. As apart from Gabor and Boyce seem to have made an impact.

cpfc4ever
12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
you may say oh its only the 12th, but other teams are buying, and we havn't the problem is we need them to gel, the sooner the better, and if there was any really big players coming in. We would know about it

all a bit predictable, but i suppose there is a little time left

Jay_Palace
12-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by cpfc4ever
you may say oh its only the 12th, but other teams are buying, and we havn't the problem is we need them to gel, the sooner the better, and if there was any really big players coming in. We would know about it

all a bit predictable, but i suppose there is a little time left

Other teams are panicing, see West Brom.

Are we othere teams? Do we have to do exactly as other teams have done?

As for your last point, bollocks. The chances are that you won't hear about the big transfers until we land them.

cpfc4ever
12-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I disagree, surely if there was a big signing going through there would be some sort of news, but not to much flying about from what I can hear, only the two mentioned, others have already gone. i.e Ashton to Norwich

Have to agree to disagree, I just hope you are right

paulhgc2002
12-01-2005, 09:48 PM
NEWS has it that we are about to sign a new tea lady ! from carlisle and she uses co-op 99 T ......

eagle dom
12-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Maybe it would be better to have this discussion in Feb when the window has actually closed???

paulhgc2002
12-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by eagle dom
Maybe it would be better to have this discussion in Feb when the window has actually closed???

WHAT about the T LADY ?

MikeyDread
12-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Lost all faith at present - think the real reason is that we have NO money and so NO players :(

paulhgc2002
12-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by MikeyDread
Lost all faith at present - think the real reason is that we have NO money and so NO players :(

noooooooooooo money ....lmao 30 a ticket and we have no money :bash: :bash:

Die hard Hoj
12-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002
NEWS has it that we are about to sign a new tea lady ! from carlisle and she uses co-op 99 T ......

Is it Sharon Davis :love:

eagle dom
12-01-2005, 10:06 PM
If we don't get her Paul, I think it demonstrates a lack of ambition on behalf of the club.

If we can't tempt a tea lady from Carlisle, then we have no chance this season...

paulhgc2002
12-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by eagle dom
If we don't get her Paul, I think it demonstrates a lack of ambition on behalf of the club.

If we can't tempt a tea lady from Carlisle, then we have no chance this season...

not only is she from carlise but she has a proven ability in dunking co-op 99 tea bags and she also pour with a T STRAINER

DocSavage
12-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by paulhgc2002

This is a big step forward but hopefully not into the overflowing urinal waste in the main stand

cooper83
12-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by jim the eagle

Just a thought, but I distinctly remember after the summer window people saying very much the same thing. Who's in the best league position of the 3 promoted clubs at the moment? :p

Salisbury
12-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Die hard Hoj
Is it Sharon Davis :love:

Memories.....

eagle dom
12-01-2005, 10:13 PM
proven ability - you've said it all there.

I'm fed up with taking risks on prospects or has beens. It sounds like she's at the top of her game - lets sign her up before West Brom nip in.

Brett
12-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Tomi Sokota.

Die hard Hoj
12-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Salisbury
Memories.....

best presenter at the olympics.
and she's got somewhere to hang the tea towels::p :eek:

PeterH
12-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by DocSavage
Well there I was all brimming with positive ideas about a couple of good signings to strengthen the team, perhaps a dynamic midfielder to carve a niche through the centre of the opposition, maybe an industriou forward to sit behind AJ in our beloved 4 - 5 - 1 formation.

And yes the rumours started almost immediately, links to several out of contract mediocrities, a few mumdrum sidelined has beens, and ohhhhhh!!!! Goodness me I'd forgotten the coin had a flip side, the jewels in the crown are on the market stall, from AJ (the demi god), Wayne (the alladin of midfield), Gabor (Thor himself) and OH NO even the great man himself whose name can only be whispered with reverence is linked with some bunch of tykes (or are they dykes? - whatever they're BROKE!!!!)

Oh well where's my gin bottle?

Yep lots of murmering about the January window, no money available. I take it we were in worse trouble than we thought financially.

I stress again, if we buy nobody and go down and I hear rumours next season we are 10 million in debt, I would like to know how?

Any more news on ground development anyone?

cpfc_spc1982
13-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Jay_Palace

i wouldnt mind betting campbell would outscore bulykin.

PeterH
13-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by MikeyDread

Indeed. As someone said on another thread we should have been buying players as soon as the season ended, at least we should have sealed Routledge on a contract. I fear again we will miss out on this window even though Dowie insisted there would be players brought in.

I would rather the club be honest and say that Wayne is on his way and we will not be getting anyone of his quality in.

As for AJ if he goes we should take only money. Why should we take Liverpools discarded players as part payment.

Palace121
13-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I disagree, surely if there was a big signing going through there would be some sort of news, but not to much flying about from what I can hear, only the two mentioned, others have already gone. i.e Ashton to Norwich

Have to agree to disagree, I just hope you are right

We didn't hear a thing about Ashton until yesterday. Nobody knew we'd made a bid. Everyone just wanted to.

Palace121
13-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
i wouldnt mind betting campbell would outscore bulykin.

I'd be willing to put a wager on that.

Jay_Palace
13-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Palace121
I'd be willing to put a wager on that.

Fine, I'll quite happily take your money ;)

Eagle123
13-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by palacefan_72
Alike you, I couldnt wait until January arrived but now I fear the worst, AJ might well have to be sold, Waynes going and now Gabor the great is on his way. Have to say that maybe Dowie's inexperience is starting to show. As apart from Gabor and Boyce seem to have made an impact. What about onesize and Gonzo?

Planet Palace
13-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Back to that Tea lady- What position does she play and is she good in the air. We don't want any more short arse's so she has to be a big girl. This could be one of many signings this week.
Any Cleaners? we do need a sweeper.

eagle dom
13-01-2005, 04:40 PM
It was a done deal (until her agent got involved).

Agents eh?

Eagle123
13-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Other teams are panicing, see West Brom.

Are we othere teams? Do we have to do exactly as other teams have done?

As for your last point, bollocks. The chances are that you won't hear about the big transfers until we land them. I agree Jay-Palace, other teams are panicing. I would'nt take a broken down old Campbell if YOU paid ME! The blokes after one last big payday and he will not even come close to making enough of an impact to keep the Baggies up. Norwich also have spent an awful lot of money on an unproven striker at this level (granted we offered the same but I personally would have gone for Harewood who at least has been more consistent over the last 3/4 years.) Berkovic over a 6month see how we get on deal is much more sensible (as is Dowie taking his time over Bulykin)

Simon A
13-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by palacefan_72
Alike you, I couldnt wait until January arrived but now I fear the worst, AJ might well have to be sold, Waynes going and now Gabor the great is on his way. Have to say that maybe Dowie's inexperience is starting to show. As apart from Gabor and Boyce seem to have made an impact.

"AJ may well have to be sold"
"Gabor the great is on his way"

??????????????????

Have you been at the medicine cupboard or something?

Baldy
13-01-2005, 05:04 PM
FFS.........

How many more of these F()cking threads ?

It is only the 13th January.

STOP F()CKING MOANING.

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Tomo
13-01-2005, 05:17 PM
I think I have missed something.

In the paper today from dowies mouth

"As long as I am manager AJ will not be leaving."

On a website

"Arsenal are interested in Gabor Kiraly"

Shit we are in all sorts of trouble.

gold76
13-01-2005, 05:19 PM
It's worrying, but as things stand we're out of the bottom 3 and competing. As long as it stays that way I'll be happy.

Timbo
13-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Why is it that the optimists on here are so rude and vociferous in their posts. Irritates me that you cant make an opinion or state a concern without someone telling you to get a grip or stop moaning.

cpfc4ever
13-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Very true timbo

Timbo
13-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Very true timbo

Stop moaning ffs and get a grip!:)

PeterH
13-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by gold76
It's worrying, but as things stand we're out of the bottom 3 and competing. As long as it stays that way I'll be happy.

I am usually a pessimist so this will do for me.

When does the window close?

PeterH
13-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Timbo
Stop moaning ffs and get a grip!:)

LOL. That get a grip phrase must have made more appearances than Chav did in 2004.

cranesparkeagle
13-01-2005, 07:04 PM
why assume all the worst possible outcomes? There I can say that without insulting anyone Timbo

cpfc4ever
13-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Because time is getting on, yes we can still buy, but also its annoying because we need them in now!

FFS :)

DocSavage
14-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by cranesparkeagle
why assume all the worst possible outcomes?

Experience? Every time without fail Palace look on the brink of something good we sell the jewels i.e.
The sale of Sansom
The sale of Wright

nomad
14-01-2005, 08:00 PM
FFS get a grip!!!

It's the 12th of January and we are close to signing Bulykin and Berkovic, and are also in for a couple of as yet unamed players.

No wonder Palace fans are seen as whingers with attitudes like that :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

This is the same Bulykin who says he will leave Palace if they are relegated and wants that written into his contract and the same Berkovic who is 32 and has a dodgy disciplinary record - yeah right.